Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,419 members, 7,808,495 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:44 PM

Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. (30412 Views)

Oando Gas And Power - Massive Recruitment, 2017( Nigeria And Diaspora) / National Directorate Of Employment Recruitment 2017 Application Form / Nigeria And Her First And Second Class Job Syndrome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by kosby001(m): 9:18am On Jan 04, 2015
According to the statutory of federal civil service,all Nigerians who are qualified and have valid certificate are entitled to a civil job upon showing their interest to such offer. I don't know maybe this aspect of the civil service act was drafted outside the shores of Nigeria by none Nigerians but the truth is that column actually exist in the act.

Tertiary institutions graduate thousands of youth every year, meaning in every calender year, Nigeria always have qualified citizen clamouring for employment. Youth after the compulsory service year take to the street, job site, blogs and other site to seek for employment. Most of this site actually publish real and ghost vacancy, which 2/3 of the applicant are never called for any interview or even get any feedback from the said vacant positions.

I have always been asking about what happened to vacant seat in the government ministries, Agencies and Departments(MDAs) in the country. what happened to the portfolio of people who died during course of service, people who are retired( even though we know that our commissions are loaded with old daddy's who aint willing to let go from the national cake).People die everyday, vacancy come up every week but this seat have always been left unoccupied. Its always annoying when we don't find answers to all this questions.

Recently, why surfing the web to search for relevant vacancies, a friend smiled and threw his appointment letter on my leg to celebrate with him that he has finally been given a job. I was very happy for him cause this day have been long overdue in his life but what shocked me most was the fact that the appointment was given secretly. No vacancy was released neither was their any news stating qualified youth to submit their credentials.

Out of curiosity, I asked him on how he managed to get the info and he replied whimsically " na leg oo, they just called me and asked me if I was interested in FRSC work. Grabbed it sharply and I did all my documentation's immediately". Hearing that, I developed a cold feet, my mind travelled far in fear that our society is perilously heading towards administrative misgovern. This jobs are never listed even in the site of civil service commission and still yet jobs are been dashed and sold out every month.

I take solace from those who took their time, sweat and resources to apply for the Nigerian Immigration Service (NIS) and the Nigerian Security and Civil Defense corps (NSCDC)jobs. Money were collected for the exercise ,youth were wounded and nothing have been said regarding the job since then. Even thou we know its the right of the government to provide us a gainful job, it has always been the other way around even at the availability of this jobs. I pray this 2015 will be a turning point in the lives of Nigerians and also bring forth glide tidings. Enough of this deceit and maladministration.

94 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by Nobody: 9:39am On Jan 04, 2015
It simply tells you to go and do the needful, and stop complaining.. That is d language Nigeria understands.. Do you think d limited available space can satisfy everyone?.... Do what your friend did, and be in d same shoe.. Walk your way to the top boy... It's everywhere.. Only those that are close to the ruling class gets this benefits.. What I will advice you to do is, just get close to this your friend and hang out with him, one day you will get your helper too, but if he seems selfish,just leave him and don't waste your time and look elsewhere.. But don't beef him o... Because your time too will come.. Just be hardworking, Nigeria na we own o...

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by chacoonder(m): 11:18am On Jan 04, 2015
The situation is really pathetic, more reason why we have to vote out this regime.

20 Likes

Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by kosby001(m): 12:09pm On Jan 04, 2015
@hayjay. Wouldn't say am disappointed at your comment but I understand what you are trying to say. I never complained about what he did, all I pointed out is, such stuff shouldn't exist in a society of literate. We can't allow this continue cos majority of people will be affected. In as much as that continues, Nigeria is heading towards anarchy. Am sure you don't pray for such.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jan 04, 2015
There is nothing you can do to change the situation now . The question is , are those getting these jobs not entitled to the same opportunity you are demanding , ofcourse the answer is yes. are they not capable of doing the job ? most times the answer is yes also . so there is actually nothing to fight about here , all you need do is keep pushing so you can get to that level where you can help your friends and families in times like this . it is not only in Nigeria. it is known globally , contacts and networking is a sure way in securing a job.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by Atyodos: 1:17pm On Jan 04, 2015
Hia
Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by kosby001(m): 1:21pm On Jan 04, 2015
I don't believe coded appointment or secret interviews are part of networking in any civilised society. We want there be job scarcity when the people in-charge are unwilling to let go the vacant seat. What do you see of a situation whereby someone was been given appointment and the employer tells the new start that" the position you are occupying is just for the main time, that the real occupant of the seat is still in school". Should we call that networking too?

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by J0nyb0y(m): 1:30pm On Jan 04, 2015
kosby001:
I don't believe coded appointment or secret interviews are part of networking in any civilised society. We want there be job scarcity when the people in-charge are unwilling to let go the vacant seat. What do you see of a situation whereby someone was been given appointment and the employer tells the new start that" the position you are occupying is just for the main time, that the real occupant of the seat is still in school". Should we call that networking too?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by Rounakid(m): 1:30pm On Jan 04, 2015
Sb...
Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by simplemach(m): 1:30pm On Jan 04, 2015
If u no know person wen know person wen know the man wen dey incharge, my broda, nothing for you oooo!

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by freshness2020: 1:31pm On Jan 04, 2015
Hmmm

1 Like

Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jan 04, 2015
A friend of mine who works with PENCOM shared the below with me. Read... It is an eye opener.

In 2012 I think, PENCOM asked for qualified people (Graduates and Experienced folks) to submit their handwritten application at their Abuja office and a lot of people sent in their application.

I was told it became a problem for them at work because these applications were occupying space that they had to create a room for it.
He claimed that after several weeks of submission without a single processing, the director just walked in one morning and asked them to burn everything.

I asked him how people were then selected if they burnt everything. "Was there an online application?" I chirped. He scorned and was surprised at the ignorant question I had asked him. I was disappointed in myself as a Nigerian because I already knew what he meant was that the positions had been occupied even before the vacancies were rolled out.

He further educated me that there are countless directors all over the country who had personal assistants and secretaries of parastatals who had concubines who had a graduate in their family or a wife or a cousin who needed job DESPERATELY. He told me that in all these departments we have HODs, Auditors, Supervisors and Senior civil servants who had a neighbor and a friend who has someone who needed a job. Remember this is in-house cabals.

Looking at it from the macro level, we have governors, LG chairmen, Reps (Federal and State), business men, god-fathers, family members, Senators, High caliber people who would nominate someone who knows someone who knows someone who needed a job.

Dont also forget that it is also customary to give slots to some of these people and what this implies is that at the end of the day, the available positions are consequently not even enough amongst themselves. THAT IS THE SITUATION.

Only a negligible few get these jobs through merit and grace.

The problems are:
Corruption
Nepotism
Favoritism
Greed and Lack of empathy by our so called recycled leaders.

That is why it is paramount that in the coming weeks we make the best decision for our future and children future through our votes.

GEJ is a good man but he is a weak man. However, Buhari is a reasonable but dangerous alternative. The choice is yours to make.

78 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by siegfried99(m): 1:31pm On Jan 04, 2015
Nice.. write up @OP

It's the situation we find ourselves In this country , almost everywhere, u gatta know
Someone.

#God help us

1 Like

Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jan 04, 2015
Another result of PDP bad governance for 16 years.. And still some student will shout GEJ 2019... Dont worry, reality will soon hit you after you graduate.

I am not in anyway negatively affected by the corrupt practises in this country, in fact, it might even be advantage to me and my famili. My bro get his first job at FERMA by just a phone call, my cousin is now big boy in custom with mere degree in Arabic language. I am ver sure if the things continue like that, i wont have problem also getting job.

But i am just tired of this useless system that only favours rich.

i need change!

Vote GMB 2015

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by ramalot(m): 1:31pm On Jan 04, 2015
That's the system for you
Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by DancingSkeleton(m): 1:32pm On Jan 04, 2015
Ook
Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by nicflame(m): 1:34pm On Jan 04, 2015
God will always give to me what is mine, no matter how coded some guys make their shitty employment.
Later, they'll be spewing baloney that Nigerian graduates ain't worth it. How will university students be motivated when graduated gurus are hawking on the streets

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by Donkaz(m): 1:34pm On Jan 04, 2015
I pray when I graduate I won't be struggling for job.
AMEN.

17 Likes

Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by superneutral(m): 1:35pm On Jan 04, 2015
Vote Change this 2015.

The Change Is Here

Vote GMB|Osinbajo 2015

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by yahrant140(m): 1:35pm On Jan 04, 2015
Nigerians with their mentality!
Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jan 04, 2015
Buhari can't CHANGE the fact!

The best thing to do is to Grab skills,
And start from somewhere.

Right now I'm into PHP, ama be into JavaScript b4 leaving school...

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by chuka5000(m): 1:36pm On Jan 04, 2015
chacoonder:
The situation is really pathetic, more reason why we have to vote out this regime.

Did this regime start it?

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by ekele177: 1:37pm On Jan 04, 2015
nice1 abeg where i keep dis my shaving stick self ;Dnice1 abeg where i keep dis my shaving stick self
Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by nggie(f): 1:37pm On Jan 04, 2015
It is well even inside the well
Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by khassy(m): 1:37pm On Jan 04, 2015
Ok
Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by Jwonder(m): 1:37pm On Jan 04, 2015
. Will modify later, just want to be on front page

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by AsherStorm(m): 1:37pm On Jan 04, 2015
Na so
Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by santana45: 1:37pm On Jan 04, 2015
MAN KNOW MAN LANGUAGE, A CANKERWORM THAT HAS EATEN DEEP INTO THE MARROWS OF ALMOST ALL NIGERIANS.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by bonechamberlain(m): 1:37pm On Jan 04, 2015
it would be easier to go to sambisa and come back safe than to get a job through interview. interviews in Nigeria today are conducted for formality sake. those who would get the job are already known. u must know someone to get a job in this country

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by superneutral(m): 1:38pm On Jan 04, 2015
They should really bury their faces in shame. This administration has really brought shame to almost every part of the nation. Our Judiciary, our Media (except a selected few), our police, our once #renowned Soldiers. When you have a leader that swims in corruption, a leader that that goes about dancing in the name of campaign when is country is in turmoil, a leader that was able to release his kidnapped uncle within a day or two and yet cannot tell Nigerians anything tangible about our missing girls, a leader that told Nigerians that boko haram are in his cabinet yet does nothing about it, A leader that goes about harassing people that try to challenge him, i can go on and on. I'm very sure Nigerians including myself are still in doubt that this is the same man that claim he has no shoes.

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ics Limited Invitation For Test And Interview / Julius Berger Nigeria Plc Fresh Job Recruitment May 2018 (8 Positions) / 5 Interesting Jobs That Can Generate Good Income In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.