Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,649 members, 7,801,891 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:02 AM

Pastor Ashimolowo Explains The Importance Of Rice Farming - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Pastor Ashimolowo Explains The Importance Of Rice Farming (11265 Views)

Kebbi Surpasses One Million Tonnes Of Rice / Construction Of Rice Polishing Factory In Kebbi State Kicks Off (Photos) / Say No To Bill Gates Cassava And Rice Farming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Ashimolowo Explains The Importance Of Rice Farming by Daniel058(m): 11:19am On Jan 04, 2015
The renowned Senior Pastor of Kingsway ]International Christian Centre, Matthew Ashimolowo, is successful in both spiritual and terrestrial deeds.

The pastor owns a huge 140-acre rice farm in Ofada, Obafemi Owode Local Government Area of Ogun State, and plans to expand to 200 acres.

He is proud of what his is doing, because farming creates jobs and encourages Nigerians to get back into agriculture.

“I believe we should not just talk but put our words into action,” the man of God told a correspondent of ThePunch.

According to Ashimolowo, the cultivation of cassava that started during the administration of an ex President, Olusegun Obasanjo, went to waste. This was due to the fact that no encouragement had been given for it. Therefore, the pastor’s company switched to producing rice, which is in real demand in Nigeria.

Our country is the world’s second largest importer of rice with 2.1 metric tonnes per year. This costs over N356bn per annum for the budget.

One of the major challenges is fighting hungry birds which destroy rice plantations. However, the solution has been found:

“We divided the plantation into four sections and put at least 10 people in each section armed with catapults and whistles. We also used drums,” Pastor Ashimolowo’s associate, Mr Akeem Aremu, revealed.
http://www.informationng.com/2015/01/pastor-ashimolowo-explains-importance-of-rice-farming.html

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Ashimolowo Explains The Importance Of Rice Farming by stolenstone: 10:50pm On Jan 04, 2015
i want to do something like this. Go into massive agricultural project like this! I can hire machineries that will make the job mechanized! But my unanswered question is: how do I get large acres of land on lease?? Please who has the answer to my question?

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Ashimolowo Explains The Importance Of Rice Farming by bamiwale: 10:34am On Jan 05, 2015
stolenstone:
i want to do something like this. Go into massive agricultural project like this! I can hire machineries that will make the job mechanized! But my unanswered question is: how do I get large acres of land on lease?? Please who has the answer to my question?
Large expanses of land of this kind are not usually available for lease. And it is usually more cost effective to possess the land when going into serious agric business. If you lease land for such an enterprise, you will not really want to erect structures that may help your business on the land, knowing that the land isn't fully yours.
If you presently need to buy land though, you may follow any of my threads on Nairaland, especially this: https://www.nairaland.com/2036988/70-acres-farmland-ibadan

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Ashimolowo Explains The Importance Of Rice Farming by Pavore9: 12:19pm On Jan 05, 2015
Rice farming makes sense when it is mechanized in order to reduce labour cost and avoid paddy losses during harvesting and threshing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Ashimolowo Explains The Importance Of Rice Farming by gsparks01(m): 7:42pm On Jan 05, 2015
Ok
Re: Pastor Ashimolowo Explains The Importance Of Rice Farming by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jan 05, 2015
[s]He is proud of what his is doing, because farming creates jobs and encourages Nigerians to get back into agriculture[/s]

... and that is why "pastor-ship" Rice Plantation is a lucrative business
Re: Pastor Ashimolowo Explains The Importance Of Rice Farming by Lilaex: 7:42pm On Jan 05, 2015
K
Re: Pastor Ashimolowo Explains The Importance Of Rice Farming by seedorfg(m): 7:42pm On Jan 05, 2015
i love agriculture

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Ashimolowo Explains The Importance Of Rice Farming by moderatorr1: 7:43pm On Jan 05, 2015
I luv em pastor
Re: Pastor Ashimolowo Explains The Importance Of Rice Farming by Hollawaley(m): 7:44pm On Jan 05, 2015
Okay we've heard you
Re: Pastor Ashimolowo Explains The Importance Of Rice Farming by suxes2005(m): 7:44pm On Jan 05, 2015
Anything agriculture will always make money

There is no better time to venture into this
than now.

~ Sheyi

1 Like

Re: Pastor Ashimolowo Explains The Importance Of Rice Farming by mrborntodoit: 7:44pm On Jan 05, 2015
Nice,agriculture is the best option
Re: Pastor Ashimolowo Explains The Importance Of Rice Farming by olayincar(m): 7:44pm On Jan 05, 2015
Okay!
Understood
Re: Pastor Ashimolowo Explains The Importance Of Rice Farming by Coolguy89(m): 7:47pm On Jan 05, 2015
Is he a farmer or wat,leave dat for thailand
Re: Pastor Ashimolowo Explains The Importance Of Rice Farming by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jan 05, 2015
There's money in Agro business.. Thats where the big bucks are.

Rice,Sugar,Cassava,Palm Oil,Groundnuts,Cocoa,Rubber Livestock & Fisheries. All i need now is a Loan

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Ashimolowo Explains The Importance Of Rice Farming by LordMecuzy(m): 7:50pm On Jan 05, 2015
Okay
Re: Pastor Ashimolowo Explains The Importance Of Rice Farming by uken73(m): 7:53pm On Jan 05, 2015
Let's go there. Agric the new gold for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Ashimolowo Explains The Importance Of Rice Farming by sokt: 7:54pm On Jan 05, 2015
Sir Ashim

Na d way!
Re: Pastor Ashimolowo Explains The Importance Of Rice Farming by omanifrank(m): 7:55pm On Jan 05, 2015
interesting
Re: Pastor Ashimolowo Explains The Importance Of Rice Farming by infobiz9ja(m): 7:56pm On Jan 05, 2015
Great
Re: Pastor Ashimolowo Explains The Importance Of Rice Farming by onwai1(m): 8:02pm On Jan 05, 2015
Re: Pastor Ashimolowo Explains The Importance Of Rice Farming by Collynzo9: 8:03pm On Jan 05, 2015
GEJ's transformation agenda knows no boundaries.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Ashimolowo Explains The Importance Of Rice Farming by wise7(m): 8:06pm On Jan 05, 2015
i think this is better unlike some who venture into politics or ask members to pay for ticket before entering the church to worship God

1 Like

Re: Pastor Ashimolowo Explains The Importance Of Rice Farming by Collynzo9: 8:06pm On Jan 05, 2015
One of the major challenges is fighting hungry birds which destroy rice plantations. However, the solution has been found:
“We divided the plantation into four sections and put at least 10 people in each section
armed with catapults and whistles. We also
used drums,”
Even birds are hungry in the South west.
That is APC's change for you.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Ashimolowo Explains The Importance Of Rice Farming by dnative(m): 8:09pm On Jan 05, 2015
Kudos to him if this offers employment to his congregation.

Nigeria will be a better place if for every revamped warehouses along Lagos-Ibadan expressway now turned churches/miracle centers/holy mountain centers, there is an equal number being revamped as manufacturing companies and actually providing employment for the congregation of these churches.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Ashimolowo Explains The Importance Of Rice Farming by etcme(m): 8:24pm On Jan 05, 2015
This is nice..
Re: Pastor Ashimolowo Explains The Importance Of Rice Farming by hotmas911(m): 8:35pm On Jan 05, 2015
Another motivation for the undecided to get involved. One of the greatest investment to make now is farmland. I sell the cheapest and best farmlands in the country. Check my other threads and post to lease or buy land suitable for most crops @ 70k per acre. Call or whatsapp 08060318769. https://www.nairaland.com/1875723/250-acres-farmland-rice-sugarcane

1 Like

Re: Pastor Ashimolowo Explains The Importance Of Rice Farming by noetic16(m): 8:45pm On Jan 05, 2015
@op

so this is where all the seed money went to? wld Jesus have done d same? collect money from pl who need it more and giving false unbiblical and unGodly hopes.
#freemasonSellout

1 Like

Re: Pastor Ashimolowo Explains The Importance Of Rice Farming by Precious91(m): 8:51pm On Jan 05, 2015
Farming is the next money making business now.Oil is going gradually.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Crop Calendar??? Lets Start A Comprehensive One Here / How To Write An Agric Business Proposal For Poultry Or Fish Farming / FG To Create 1m Jobs Through Eggs Production — Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.