Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,122 members, 7,807,398 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:06 PM

Does Cristiano Ronaldo Really Deserve The Ballon D'or For 2014? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Does Cristiano Ronaldo Really Deserve The Ballon D'or For 2014? (3163 Views)

Does Cristiano Ronaldo Really Want To Leave Spain And Real Madrid? / Is Cristiano Ronaldo Really Better That Messi?? Have Your Say / Is C.ronaldo Really Obsessed With Lionel Messi? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Cristiano Ronaldo Really Deserve The Ballon D'or For 2014? by tunero1010(m): 2:12pm On Jan 04, 2015
Cristiano Ronaldo is a worldwide superstar.
According to FIFA he is also, officially, the
"best player in the world".
After another prolific 2014, most football
fans are once and for all concluding that
Ronaldo has taken over as the best player in
the world and it would be inconceivable to
see anybody else lift the Ballon D'or in
Zurich this upcoming January.
Most people think Ronaldo is taking football
to a new level with his goalscoring whilst a
much smaller following believe that Ronaldo
is nothing more than a goal machine and
needs to improve before he is a deserving
winner of the Ballon D'or.
After many arguments and a few requests, I
decided to write a blog on why I don't
think Ronaldo has been the best player in
2014. I did want to save this for a few
weeks but I have a lot of people who, I
think, are keen to see me crash and burn
on the topic.
For those interested in having a look at this
blog, then I must warn you it is going to be
quite the read and I don't say that
lightly. In order to get all my points across
successfully, I had to do some serious
research and some serious writing. *
If you do read it, I guarantee it will be well
worth it and if you're one of my friends,
you can no longer question why I think
Ronaldo is overrated.
I wanted to compare Ronaldo to 5 or 6 of
the best players in the world as I thought
the gap in the quality wasn't too dissimilar.
Unfortunately due to injuries, suspensions
etc., the only player worth comparing
Ronaldo to was, as always, Lionel Messi.
It's hard to argue he's not the best player in
the World when he's scored 51 goals so far
isn't it? Well of course, I'm going to start by
adding some further context to his goal
scoring achievements.
1. He scores a lot of goals against poor
teams:
Pretty much the only argument that people
use to justify their belief that Ronaldo is the
best player in the world follows a very select
and similar few lines.
"He's got 275 goals in 264 games for Real
Madrid, he's clearly the best in the world" or
something to that effect.
Ronaldo scores an insane amount of goals.
That is a fact.
A player seen as the ultimate goal machine
who for this reason and this reason alone
is believed to then be the cream of the crop
in his generation.
Without context, this goal tally seems
phenomenal, in fact, even with context it's
still fantastic. But the truth is, once you get
down to the bare bones of it, Ronaldo
scores a lot of his goals against poor sides.
So far in this 2014/15 season, Ronaldo has
scored 25 goals in 20 games (18 in 10 La
Liga games).
But when you see who the goals have been
scored against, they become slightly less
impressive.
Out of those 18 league goals, 15 have come
against teams in the bottom half of La Liga,
with 11 of those coming against sides in
the bottom 5 including a hat-trick against
newly promoted Deportivo and 4 against
18th placed Elche. He also bagged a hat-
trick against a struggling Bilbao who only in
recent weeks have climbed out of the
bottom 6.
So what about the other 3 goals he's
scored? A penalty against Barcelona, a
penalty against Atletico and a goal against
8th placed Villareal.
I'm going to stray as far away from bias as
possible in this blog and to be fair to
Ronaldo, he can only score against what is
in front of him and he still has to take
advantage of the defences he is playing
against so it would be very harsh to
completely judge him based on this. After
all, all top strikers fill their boots against the
smaller sides....
2. A lot of his goals hold no relevance:
Ronaldo scores so many goals that it can be
hard to keep up them. But if you take the
time (and god knows I have) to analyse
them all, you suddenly start to realise that
the influence of Ronaldo's goals on games
is quite minimal.
Of course, when you score so many goals,
they're not all going to be match winners or
goals to break the deadlock but looking
back to 2014 another prolific year for
Ronaldo, you realise a lot of these goals
haven't made much difference.
I had a look at how many times Ronaldo
scores for Real Madrid or Portugal to either
give his team the lead or equalise,
regardless of the final score.
Of Ronaldo's 51 goals so far this year, 24
(47%) of them have either given his team
the lead regardless of the score or have
been equalisers during the match, again,
regardless of what score the game finished
up as.
For the purpose of the blog we're going to
call these "significant goals".
So how impressive is that? Well luckily for
Ronaldo it's pretty impressive and any team
in the world would get a huge boost from
this but in comparison to some of Europe's
other top strikers, Ronaldo doesn't fare as
well.
Lionel Messi, has scored 42 goals in 2014
with 25 (60%) of them being "significant"
with players such as Sergio Aguero and
Diego Costa both scoring a slightly higher
percentage of significant goals than
Ronaldo also.
This is still impressive. But the fact remains
that Lionel Messi outscores Ronaldo in
terms of the number of significant goals
scored and dwarfs him in relative
percentages, despite scoring 9 less than the
Portuguese superstar this year.
3. Ronaldo has a higher proportion of
penalty goals:
Simple point here. When determining
whether a player is the best in the world,
you have to look at all angles, unfortunately,
most do not. Ronaldo has outscored Messi
is general this season but he also scores a
higher portion of penalty goals than Lionel
Messi. In 2014, Ronaldo has scored 51
goals, 10 (20%) of these were penalties
compared to Messi who's portion of penalty
goals was just 6 in 42 (14%).
These aren't huge differences between the
two players but it is still a difference that
closes that apparent "gulf" between
Ronaldo's goalscoring in 2014 and Lionel
Messi's.
This point is also a handy one to remember
for when we come to tackle conversion
rates in point 6.
4. Ronaldo often doesn't produce enough
goals when his team is up against it:
It's easy for Ronaldo to run around banging
in hat-tricks every other weekend against
his opposition when Madrid and Portugal
are battering teams by 3 or 4 goals and
playing well. But what about when
Ronaldo's teams aren't playing well?
Well in 2014, there have been 21
(competitive) games for club and country
where his team have struggled to squeeze
out a result and have either scraped
through by a single goal or not won the
match.
In these 21 games, Ronaldo scored 11
goals (0.52 per game) with all 11 of those
goals being significant goals. More
importantly, of those 11 goals, 4 of them
were winners (37%).
In comparison, Messi found himself during
2014, taking part in 28 games where his
team either scraped through by a single
goal or didn't win the game, in those
games, Messi scored 15 goals (0.54 per
game) with all 15 of them being significant
and 6 (40%) of them being winners.
Some say it's a little bit harsh to judge
Ronaldo on this area seeing as football is a
team game and there are 10 other world
class players on the pitch with Cristiano. The
same could be said about Messi, Aguero
and any other footballer for that matter,
but
when a player tries to make himself the
centre stage as frequently and obsessively
as Ronaldo then he deserves both
adulation and heavy criticism when Madrid
win or lose (which I will touch upon in
point 10).
However minute the differences may be,
Lionel Messi, across 2014, has still scored
more goals per game and more winners in
difficult fixtures than Ronaldo.

.................Asantehenedehyekronkron Ernest-coutinho
Pytha
Re: Does Cristiano Ronaldo Really Deserve The Ballon D'or For 2014? by chuksila(m): 2:14pm On Jan 04, 2015
He still remains the best
Re: Does Cristiano Ronaldo Really Deserve The Ballon D'or For 2014? by simplemach(m): 2:17pm On Jan 04, 2015
This crap is just too long, but in summary, just give it to him (CR7)

5 Likes

Re: Does Cristiano Ronaldo Really Deserve The Ballon D'or For 2014? by otbliz(m): 2:45pm On Jan 04, 2015
Is that a question ?
Re: Does Cristiano Ronaldo Really Deserve The Ballon D'or For 2014? by Baddestguyp(m): 3:11pm On Jan 04, 2015
op, first of all, we all know the ballon d or is not based on performance but on goals, yes someone might mention d golden boot but we all know most people vote cos of goals. we keep hearing headlines about ronaldo bagging hat tricks but how many people care how those hat tricks are scored. just like a particular game this season where Madrid were having a tough game but ronaldo dived to win a penalty and converted it, he got a hat trick in that game with a crooked penalty and two tap ins. note: Hw wasn't even involved in the build up of those goals. just like most of his goals this season. messi on the other hand is involved in the build up of over 80% of his goals. messi has played half the games this year barely fit but still managed a good record. messi gets very little space due to barca's tiki taka game. as for Neuer, no keeper in the world hasn't conceded goals but Neuer has the best save rate in the world, his saves has helped his teams (bayern and Germany win cups) but how often does a keeper make headlines. he is underrated, even his many criticizers don't watch bundesliga.

finally, my ballon d'or opinion is that Neuer deserves to win it cos he has been consistent all through. with messi in second place cos of his performance even without goals. ronaldo gets 3rd place cos he has scored a lot and won trophies.

but I'm not the one voting, let those voting decide (tho politics has a large effect on the award)

2 Likes

Re: Does Cristiano Ronaldo Really Deserve The Ballon D'or For 2014? by Ograke(m): 4:00pm On Jan 04, 2015
Rubbish.

When FIFA gives him the accolade on Sunday, snatch it from him and give it to whom you think is more deserving.

Haters everywhere.

3 Likes

Re: Does Cristiano Ronaldo Really Deserve The Ballon D'or For 2014? by chusks(m): 4:13pm On Jan 04, 2015
Baddestguyp:
op, first of all, we all know the ballon d or is not based on performance but on goals, yes someone might mention d golden boot but we all know most people vote cos of goals. we keep hearing headlines about ronaldo bagging hat tricks but how many people care how those hat tricks are scored. just like a particular game this season where Madrid were having a tough game but ronaldo dived to win a penalty and converted it, he got a hat trick in that game with a crooked penalty and two tap ins. note: Hw wasn't even involved in the build up of those goals. just like most of his goals this season. messi on the other hand is involved in the build up of over 80% of his goals. messi has played half the games this year barely fit but still managed a good record. messi gets very little space due to barca's tiki taka game. as for Neuer, no keeper in the world hasn't conceded goals but Neuer has the best save rate in the world, his saves has helped his teams (bayern and Germany win cups) but how often does a keeper make headlines. he is underrated, even his many criticizers don't watch bundesliga.

finally, my ballon d'or opinion is that Neuer deserves to win it cos he has been consistent all through. with messi in second place cos of his performance even without goals. ronaldo gets 3rd place cos he has scored a lot and won trophies.

but I'm not the one voting, let those voting decide (tho politics has a large effect on the award)
@bad-belle-guyp dis is 2015 for Christ sake, flee 4rm ur badbelleism...

1 Like

Re: Does Cristiano Ronaldo Really Deserve The Ballon D'or For 2014? by HenCq15: 10:14pm On Jan 04, 2015
Re: Does Cristiano Ronaldo Really Deserve The Ballon D'or For 2014? by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:38pm On Jan 04, 2015
Baddestguyp:

[b]
Manuel Neuer's Ballon D'or Nomination Is A Joke

Time and time again, we get this strange Ballon D'or nomination that does not make sense. First time I noticed this was in the 1998 Ballon D'or crowning of Zidane which was absolutely ridiculous. Ronaldo De Lima was clearly the best player in the European Leagues and in the European tournaments. Ronaldo scored the winning goal and he was rightly named the best player in Europe by UEFA.

In the World Cup, Ronaldo De Lima was the best player of the tournament. His magical performance against Netherland was a crowning achievement. FIFA gave it to Zidane because it was a World Cup year. The question is was Zidane the best player of the year? Was he the best player of the French side that conquered France '98? Zidane was given a red card in that tournament and did not play all the games. He scored two goals in the final but Thuram scored two goals in the quarter finals, being a defender, played all the matches and did not get a red card. So why Zidane?

Canavaro in 2006. He was given the award because a defending Italy won the World Cup. Hilarious. First of all, Juventus were caught up in a match fixing scandal. Canavaro was part oof that team and should not qualify for the award. Then, was Canavaro the best player of the Italian side? Andrea Pirlo was clearly the best player.

In the opening game, he was named the man of the match by coding the opening goal and setting up Iaquinta against Ghana. In the second match against USA, he set up a goal for Gilardino from a free kick. In the semifinal, he assisted Grosso's goal and was named man of the match a second time. He was named mam of the match the third time in the final. He assisted Materazzi's goal. Goes Canavaro won that Ballon D'or is shocking. He should not have been on the list.

Now we have another atrocious one. Manuel Neuer. Why is he on the list? It baffles me. He plays in sides where he hardly gets tested. He does not make much saves. Are we going to say his heroics led Germany to win the World Cup? The stats by Castro shows Toni Kroos was the best player of the tournament. If it was Toni Kroos listed, it would have been better. If I ask what is the criteria that is used to put Manuel Neuer on that list? I doubt anyone will have credible answer.

Whether Neuer wins the Ballon D'or or not, the harm has already been done. I do not see why Neuer should be ahead of Yaya Toure in that list. Talk less of the likes of Muller, Kroos, Jerome Boateng who worked hard to keep Bayern and Germany Successful.

https://www.nairaland.com/2033905/manuel-neuers-ballon-dor-nomination[/b]

1 Like

Re: Does Cristiano Ronaldo Really Deserve The Ballon D'or For 2014? by tuffgongjo(m): 10:21am On Jan 05, 2015
I A̶̲̥̅♏ trying to find a good point in the hogwash the op posted.
Re: Does Cristiano Ronaldo Really Deserve The Ballon D'or For 2014? by datyrone(m): 12:39pm On Jan 05, 2015
the ballon dor is for the most outstanding player in 12months.we all know that no player in d world is above messi and ronaldo based on their exploits and consistency in the last 6-5 years.the three finalists are ronaldo,neuer and messi.we all know who deserves it,no need to dissect important or unimportant goals.messi wud have won this ballon dor if he won the world cup and if barcelona had stopped athletico madrid from winning la liga on match 38.

ronaldo had a phenomenal year than messi,excluding the world cup.messi ended up as runner up in la liga,copa del rey and the world cup.neuer is a superb revolutionary goalkeeper but its difficult to win the ballon dor being paired against the natural genius of messi and the athletic prowess of ronaldo.

yes neuer won the world cup with germany...he is part of the dominant and impressive bayern munich.if he wins it know its the worldcup factor.i think there should be three ballon dors fot the final three outstanding players
Re: Does Cristiano Ronaldo Really Deserve The Ballon D'or For 2014? by realestworld(m): 6:41pm On Jan 05, 2015
op after all e did in 2014 u still dey ask dis kind question?
infact na ur papa deserve am
Re: Does Cristiano Ronaldo Really Deserve The Ballon D'or For 2014? by gbeseun(m): 6:59pm On Jan 05, 2015
Baddestguyp:

Keep writing rubbish,cr7 is d best,its all over for Ur messing
Re: Does Cristiano Ronaldo Really Deserve The Ballon D'or For 2014? by ClintonNzedimma(m): 7:33pm On Jan 05, 2015
gbeseun:

Keep writing rubbish,cr7 is d best,its all over for Ur messing
you know one thing i hate about cr7 fans like you?
You just dont give reasons why it should be or why it should not.
Look at Thegoodjoehunt3, he will give you points and reasons why cr7 shud win it but most of u will come and say cr7 for ballon d'or without looking at the issue logically yet you are bashing a person that gives a very intelligent opinion which may be wrong or right.
Waiting for intelligent football analysts that are cr7 fans like krasid that will give me points not guys who crush on cr7
So please.......
Re: Does Cristiano Ronaldo Really Deserve The Ballon D'or For 2014? by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:46pm On Jan 05, 2015
ClintonNzedimma:

Look at Thegoodjoehunt3, he will give you points and reasons why cr7 shud win it but most of u will come and say cr7 for ballon d'or without looking at the issue logically yet you are bashing a person that gives a very intelligent opinion which may be wrong or right.
Waiting for intelligent football analysts that are cr7 fans like krasid that will give me points not guys who crush on cr7
So please.......

Cristiano Ronaldo has without doubt had his best ever professional year individually, and has claimed the Champions League, the Golden Shoe and the record for the highest goalscorer in an edition of the Champions League, as well as the Copa del Rey and the top-scorer award in La Liga.

In the current season, he has won the European Super Cup, scoring both goals in the match, and is achieving spectacular figures such as his 20 goals in the first 12 matchdays of La Liga, which confirm his great moment of form and ensure that, more than ever. He deserves the Ballon D'or.
Re: Does Cristiano Ronaldo Really Deserve The Ballon D'or For 2014? by onyeomaonyeoma(m): 10:48pm On Jan 05, 2015
As far as 2014 is concerned CR7 remains d best player on dis planet, so Op wot u wrote up der is balderdash.
Re: Does Cristiano Ronaldo Really Deserve The Ballon D'or For 2014? by ClintonNzedimma(m): 10:53pm On Jan 05, 2015
thegoodjoehunt3:

Cristiano Ronaldo has without doubt had his best ever professional year individually, and has claimed the Champions League, the Golden Shoe and the record for the highest goalscorer in an edition of the Champions League, as well as the Copa del Rey and the top-scorer award in La Liga.

In the current season, he has won the European Super Cup, scoring both goals in the match, and is achieving spectacular figures such as his 20 goals in the first 12 matchdays of La Liga, which confirm his great moment of form and ensure that, more than ever. He deserves the Ballon D'or.
yes he does but i still feel Messi is better.
The argument is always Messi vs Ronaldo but on a logical basis it should be Messi's best form vs Ronado vs Ronaldo's best form.
Re: Does Cristiano Ronaldo Really Deserve The Ballon D'or For 2014? by ClintonNzedimma(m): 10:54pm On Jan 05, 2015
onyeomaonyeoma:
As far as 2014 is concerned CR7 remains d best player on dis planet, so Op wot u wrote up der is balderdash.
okay oh....oboy e don tey since i see u for this section oh....wetin happen?
Re: Does Cristiano Ronaldo Really Deserve The Ballon D'or For 2014? by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 11:00pm On Jan 05, 2015
ClintonNzedimma:

The argument is always Messi vs Ronaldo but on a logical basis it should be Messi's best form vs Ronado vs Ronaldo's best form.
Messi was not at his best last year. The World Cup golden ball was a joke. CR7 tore his ligament last year. He also played with the worst team to play for Portugal. That was why he did not have an amazing World cup. Apart from that, he was phenomenal than Messi.

Also the fact Tata Martino saved Messi for the World Cup at the expense of Barca shoes Messi could not go the whole lap.

This was evident in one of the Champions league games against Athletic Madrid where he almost covered the least distance on the field.
Re: Does Cristiano Ronaldo Really Deserve The Ballon D'or For 2014? by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 11:04pm On Jan 05, 2015
ClintonNzedimma:

BARCELONA KEEPER PINTO ALMOST RAN MORE THAN MESSI IN ATLETICO MADRID DEFEAT

Barcelona goalkeeper Jose Manuel Pinto almost ran more than Lionel Messi during last night's Champions League defeat to Atletico Madrid.

Messi was hardly spotted during the 90 minutes as Barca tumbled out of Europe at the Vicente Calderon.

The Argentine managed to run 6.8km during the game - while Pinto, in Barca's goal, managed 5.3km - a difference of only 1.5km!

Messi also averaged almost 64 touches per Champions League game this season - but last night he managed to take possession just 39 times.
http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/barcelona-keeper-pinto-almost-ran-more-messi-atletico-madrid-defeat-4016616#.VKsKWGYo_xA

This is not the kind of performance we expect from a Player to lift the Ballon D'or. Give it to CR7.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Cristiano Ronaldo Really Deserve The Ballon D'or For 2014? by ClintonNzedimma(m): 11:13pm On Jan 05, 2015
thegoodjoehunt3:
Messi was not at his best last year. The World Cup golden ball was a joke. CR7 tore his ligament last year. He also played with the worst team to play for Portugal. That was why he did not have an amazing World cup. Apart from that, he was phenomenal than Messi.

Also the fact Tata Martino saved Messi for the World Cup at the expense of Barca shoes Messi could not go the whole lap.

This was evident in one of the Champions league games against Athletic Madrid where he almost covered the least distance on the field.
Messi's worst year and he is nominated in the top 3, i remember cr7 worst year, he wasnt in the top 3.
That portugal worst team is a big excuse, what of costa rica and the USA that progressed?
Re: Does Cristiano Ronaldo Really Deserve The Ballon D'or For 2014? by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 11:18pm On Jan 05, 2015
ClintonNzedimma:

Messi's worst year and he is nominated in the top 3, i remember cr7 worst year, he wasnt in the top 3.
That portugal worst team is a big excuse, what of costa rica and the USA that progressed?
If CR7 has a terrible year, he does not deserve the Ballon D'or. Messi did not perform better than CR7 last year and so he does not sides serve the award.

Concerning Messi vs CR7. Messi peaked early but I do not see him being explosive in the next three years. I still see CR7 performing on this level in years to come.

So I take CR7.
Re: Does Cristiano Ronaldo Really Deserve The Ballon D'or For 2014? by tuffgongjo(m): 7:13am On Jan 06, 2015
ClintonNzedimma:

Clinton,we are talking about a year(season)not their best form$even Ray Charles can see that Ronaldo had a better year than Messi.

1 Like

Re: Does Cristiano Ronaldo Really Deserve The Ballon D'or For 2014? by tuffgongjo(m): 7:16am On Jan 06, 2015
ClintonNzedimma:

Because he it was his worst doesn't mean he won't make the top 3 because it is better than most players best year,but CR7 had a better year than him.

1 Like

Re: Does Cristiano Ronaldo Really Deserve The Ballon D'or For 2014? by Elcapo(m): 11:52am On Jan 06, 2015
ClintonNzedimma:

So please.......
Why don't Ɣ٥u give us †Ϟε reason why Messi was †Ϟε world's best player in †Ϟε year 2010?
When he never scored a goal in †Ϟε world cup not even talk °ƒ reach †Ϟε finals and neither did he won †Ϟε champions league or reach †Ϟε finals one °ƒ his lowest form in his career 'trophy wise' yet he was crowned †̥ђƺ best player in †Ϟε world!

2 Likes

Re: Does Cristiano Ronaldo Really Deserve The Ballon D'or For 2014? by ClintonNzedimma(m): 12:03pm On Jan 06, 2015
Elcapo:

Why don't Ɣ٥u give us †Ϟε reason why Messi was †Ϟε world's best player in †Ϟε year 2010?
When he never scored a goal in †Ϟε world cup not even talk °ƒ reach †Ϟε finals and neither did he won †Ϟε champions league or reach †Ϟε finals one °ƒ his lowest form in his career 'trophy wise' yet he was crowned †̥ђƺ best player in †Ϟε world!
if ronaldo is going to win it this year because he ended as top scorer, messi also deserved it that year since he did the same.
Or if u wanna use world cup as a criteria, Toni Kroos, Messi or Robben will win it.
Re: Does Cristiano Ronaldo Really Deserve The Ballon D'or For 2014? by Elcapo(m): 12:24pm On Jan 06, 2015
ClintonNzedimma:

if ronaldo is going to win it this year because he ended as top scorer, messi also deserved it that year since he did the same.
Or if u wanna use world cup as a criteria, Toni Kroos, Messi or Robben will win it.
No that's not what I'm trying to say...
If Messi won it without winning †Ϟε world cup, Or even without winning †̥ђƺ champs league xcept for la liga "maybe" and †̥ђƺ goals he scored....
Ronaldo deserve it than any other player in the game! He's won it all 'xcluding world cup'!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Cristiano Ronaldo Really Deserve The Ballon D'or For 2014? by ClintonNzedimma(m): 12:40pm On Jan 06, 2015
Elcapo:

No that's not what I'm trying to say...
If Messi won it without winning †Ϟε world cup, Or even without winning †̥ђƺ champs league xcept for la liga "maybe" and †̥ђƺ goals he scored....
Ronaldo deserve it than any other player in the game! He's won it all 'xcluding world cup'!!!
Did u know dat messi was being saved for the worldcup by tata....have u ever seen messi been knocked out of CL without showing sign of sadness?
Re: Does Cristiano Ronaldo Really Deserve The Ballon D'or For 2014? by Elcapo(m): 12:59pm On Jan 06, 2015
ClintonNzedimma:

Did u know dat messi was being saved for the worldcup by tata....have u ever seen messi been knocked out of CL without showing sign of sadness?
So if he wasn't rested would he av prevented u guys from crashing out °ƒ UCL?
And since he was rested... Why did he not win it all for argentina??

But to be frank he doesn't deserve to be in †Ϟε 3 final list.
Gbam!!!
He is sure going to be †Ϟε 3rd anyway.

And as for †Ϟε O.P Messi gets his high scoring records against struggling sides as well! Remember †Ϟε 5 goal thriller record in †Ϟε champions league?

3 Likes

Re: Does Cristiano Ronaldo Really Deserve The Ballon D'or For 2014? by ClintonNzedimma(m): 1:18pm On Jan 06, 2015
Elcapo:

So if he wasn't rested would he av prevented u guys from crashing out °ƒ UCL?
And since he was rested... Why did he not win it all for argentina??

But to be frank he doesn't deserve to be in †Ϟε 3 final list.
Gbam!!!
He is sure going to be †Ϟε 3rd anyway.

And as for †Ϟε O.P Messi gets his high scoring records against struggling sides as well! Remember †Ϟε 5 goal thriller record in †Ϟε champions league?
doesnt to be in the top 3?
Thats the most crappy thing i have i heard this year so far.
5 goal thriller against Bayer Leverkusen, a struggling side?
Chai...i dont want say that you know nothing of football
Re: Does Cristiano Ronaldo Really Deserve The Ballon D'or For 2014? by Elcapo(m): 2:34pm On Jan 06, 2015
ClintonNzedimma:

doesnt to be in the top 3?
Thats the most crappy thing i have i heard this year so far.
5 goal thriller against Bayer Leverkusen, a struggling side?
Chai...i dont want say that you know nothing of football
Ooh seems I'm arguing with jim beglin in here...
What does struggling mean?
Į̸̸̨§ Dortmund not struggling right now??
C'mon check †Ϟε books °ƒ records and see how Leverkusen have been playing lately before †Ϟε messi's 5 goal thriller in 7-1 rout.!
T̶̲̥̅̊​ħƹƔ later got into dia form tho!

And did i hear u say Messi Į̸̸̨§ ryt to be up dia?
This same 2010 Final nomination was barcelona's trio Xavi, Iniesta and Messi any reason why †Ϟε wesley isn't dia despite winning it all??
I guess that was †Ϟε worst decision FIFA ever made!
+ Fifa favours messi over any other player in †Ϟε world

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Argentina Vs Nigerian: Di Maria Makes Bold Confession About Super Eagles / Share Your Worst Betting Experience Here / Time To Start Cashing Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.