Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,501 members, 7,808,852 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:57 PM

How To Safeguard Your Job In This Slow Economy - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Safeguard Your Job In This Slow Economy (1118 Views)

How I Got A Job In This RECESSION / Secure Your Job With These Habits. / 5 Statements That Can Destroy Your Job Search (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Safeguard Your Job In This Slow Economy by Lesgupnigeria(m): 3:44pm On Jan 04, 2015
The fact remains that the economy is.very bad and will.continue to go from.bad to.worse and probably worst (i am not a pessimist but a realist).

I have never posted on this section, but i.feel the need to share some of things i know will help some people.especially those that need to protect the job where they earn their living and feed their families.

I just finished reading one of the national dailies and the headline was "Mass sacking looms in private,public sector"

Except from the national newspaper:

"As crude oil price continues its decent and the economy falters,strong indications have emerged that workers in both private and public sectors are faced with mass retrenchment.

Oil prices have been in steep decline since june 2014 as a result of slow demand growth and the United states' oil boom which has increased supply"

I would not want to start saying big economic grammar in order to explain the status of the nigeria economy but i believe everyone knows that the economy is in the bad state right now.

It is the knowledge of every informed Nigerians that the economy is based solely on oil and that nigeria's customers have found cheaper alternative for our oil forcing the oil price down thereby bringing down the revenue of the country.

Because of the low revenue,at least 70,000 civil servants in 30 mimistries,departments and agencies of the federal govt. had yet to receive up to three months salaries.

Also,because of low revenue, Federal allocation to states government have reduce drastically making it difficult for some states to fulfil their obligation to workers.

In a nutshell,both state and federal governments are seriously exposed to job losses as this bad economy situation contines.

Its not too good news for private sector as well as banking sector,manufacturing sector are going to be worst hit.
Banks such as First bank,GTBank e.t.c are seriously exposed because of their large chunk of cash in the oil sector and also da
80% of raw materials for production in the manufacturing sector are imported.
More naira id expected to chase fee dollars meaning cash flow will be tight for companies.
Also private contractors are all expected to be hit.

Its certain workers will be retrenched on a large scale this year.

How do you safeguard your job during this bad economic situation?
Its very simple and straight forward.

The excellent advise for you is to start a business (not any type of business) apart from your job and devote your resources to.it within the shortest time possible.
Take that step of faith and start something no matter how little it is.

Oil price is not expected to go up in the next few years as more cheaper shale oil are produced.

More focus will be on agriculture this year,and beyond in order to diversify the economy from oil. Irrespective of political change that will happen this year and beyond,government will.be forced to spend more on agriculture,infrastructural reviving,such as good roads,storage facilities and more export zones as the economy now favours exportation and local production of.goods and services.
Re: How To Safeguard Your Job In This Slow Economy by starlingbawa(m): 4:00pm On Jan 04, 2015
Food for thought and scary all at once.

A great advise in between for one to start up a small business is one I'd be seriously considering in the weeks to come.
Re: How To Safeguard Your Job In This Slow Economy by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:05pm On Jan 04, 2015
starlingbawa:
Food for thought and scary all at once.

A great advise in between for one to start up a small business is one I'd be seriously considering in the weeks to come.
Thats just the reality we have found ourselves
check my articles on the agric section to know more about agricbusiness.
Re: How To Safeguard Your Job In This Slow Economy by starlingbawa(m): 7:38pm On Jan 04, 2015
Lesgupnigeria:

Thats just the reality we have found ourselves
check my articles on the agric section to know more about agricbusiness.

I'd surely be doing that.
Cheers!!!
Re: How To Safeguard Your Job In This Slow Economy by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:16am On Jan 05, 2015
starlingbawa:

I'd surely be doing that.
Cheers!!!
Ok.
Re: How To Safeguard Your Job In This Slow Economy by Lesgupnigeria(m): 4:46pm On Jan 05, 2015
Another thing you can do is to be indispensable to.your company.

I will be back later to discusss ways to be indispensable to your company.
Re: How To Safeguard Your Job In This Slow Economy by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:23pm On Jan 07, 2015
One of the ways to be indispensable to your company is to be the best in what you are assigned to and make money and save the company money as well.
Re: How To Safeguard Your Job In This Slow Economy by Lesgupnigeria(m): 3:31pm On Feb 20, 2015
Your best bet is to invest in agribusiness now that the going is good in your job.
Re: How To Safeguard Your Job In This Slow Economy by EagleScribes: 11:56pm On Feb 23, 2015
How come this never made front page? This is what people should be aware of.

Big up @OP. I've been a keen follower of yours. Keep up the good work.

How much of one's time (per day, for example) and capital would one need for agribusiness?
Re: How To Safeguard Your Job In This Slow Economy by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:44am On Feb 24, 2015
EagleScribes:
How come this never made front page? This is what people should be aware of.

Big up @OP. I've been a keen follower of yours. Keep up the good work.

How much of one's time (per day, for example) and capital would one need for agribusiness?
Thanks for following
i hope the mod do the needful.
The capital depend on your level of income and.how much you can afford.
Re: How To Safeguard Your Job In This Slow Economy by Lesgupnigeria(m): 11:50pm On Feb 27, 2015
Safeguard your source of livelihood today by starting a business.

(1) (Reply)

Interview With O.GOLDE / Beware.. SCAM @ (noreply@interswitchng.com) / Ikeja Electricity Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.