Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,466 members, 7,808,661 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:05 PM

Separation Is Imminent In My Marriage. - Family (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Separation Is Imminent In My Marriage. (53369 Views)

How My Pastor Ruined My Marriage - Civil Servant / My Marriage On The Brink Of Crashing, Experienced People Needed Now. / Pastor Gave Fake Prophecy That Destroyed My Marriage Of 10 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Separation Is Imminent In My Marriage. by dhabeautyjas(f): 3:16pm On Jan 05, 2015
Rep042:
My marriage is just 1 year and few days old,but within the last 365 days,I have seen torment and hell on daily basis. We dated for 2 years before tying the knot,she's a nice person,but her mouth is destructive,she has this overbearing attitude,always trying to control me or dictate the pace,and can keep malice,anger and record of evil done to her for a long time. She's the type of person that talks very well,I mean convincely well,but unfortunately,she speaks more negative words. She can talk for hours non-stop,especially when provoked,saying all sorts of bad words.

was she like this before marriage?

Rep042:

She can really say unprintable words such as "it will not be well with you","as you go out,people will deal with you", "you will work like an elephant and eat like an ant", "this your certificate will never yield you any good thing", etc, name callings,abuses,curses etc.
bro, a woman should pray for her dh not vice versa. with all this things she is saying, i would advice you let her go,God will not let any of these curses follow you.
Rep042:

Please Nairalanders, I will like to know if it is wrong or out of place for a working class married lady to assist her husband in paying some bills or buying some foodstuffs at home. Because,anytime she assists in doing anything,she will record it and consequently use that to abuse and insult me whenever we have misunderstanding and or exchange of words.
its not a big deal if she assists provided you are doing your best and she is suppose to be your better half.

Rep042:

Few months into our marriage,she started wearing butt pads, I told her to stop ,because I don't like the stuff,but she flared up and we had exchange of words. She told me that she has to look good to outsiders.

this got me laughing, butt pad, but what if she is having inferiority complex with her butt. try to know why she is wearing it and know how to tolerate if you can.
the only part that beats me is the assasination threat

OP, sincerely answer these questions:
1. was she forced on you?
2. Do you love her or have you once loved her?
3. Has she always been like this?
4. what kind of family does she come from?
5. Were you aware of her abusive family before marriage?

i need all these answers before i know what next to say.
Re: Separation Is Imminent In My Marriage. by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jan 05, 2015
aswani:

Why are you so worked up about her butt pads that you are telling her to remove it and even forcefully tearing it off her body in a fight?

You have a child and a job and you are worried about butt pads. I think you have your priorities mixed up.

You have a domineering personality that you need to curb for the sake of your child who needs both parents.
javascript:void(0);
Yoruba's have a term called 'Mo ju ku ro' which means ignore things. Because of a butt pad, you have brought out the worst in your wife.

I suggest you leave her and her butt pads alone and focus on staying in your marraige for the sake of your child. All men tolerate crap like this for the sake of their kids, join the club.

As for your wife, she is immature and needs some kind of help. She also knows butt pads are your weak points and she is using them to make you lose control of yourself. Regain your control back.

very intelligent contribution. its like wearing a padded bra, that should not concern the op na. this does not mean the wife has a good attitude, they both have to chill and work on their marriage.
#TeamNoToDivorce
Re: Separation Is Imminent In My Marriage. by Eberex(m): 3:19pm On Jan 05, 2015
lollipop25:
lol nobody can pretend for too long, one way or the other along the line the person will defo 'forget' to pretend and act who he/she really is... It just for you to watch her carefully lol grin grin

You are wrong. Not with a woman who has a mission. I dated a girl for two years, and then proposed. She accepted whole-hardheartedly we even celebrated it. After two weeks she called and told me she wasn't interested, and that she has been pretending all along to love me. Meanwhile i believed her all through our courting whereas she was playing along.

So you see, we men can never be too careful.

I collected my ring back sharp sharp

2 Likes

Re: Separation Is Imminent In My Marriage. by lollipop25(f): 3:54pm On Jan 05, 2015
lol this is serious.. at least she saved you the heart ache and told you instead of waiting till you are married and then start showing who she really is, "a broken relationship is better than a broken marriage"....
Eberex:

You are wrong. Not with a woman who has a mission. I dated a girl for two years, and then proposed. She accepted whole-hardheartedly we even celebrated it. After two weeks she called and told me she wasn't interested, and that she has been pretending all along to love me. Meanwhile i believed her all through our courting whereas she was playing along.

So you see, we men can never be too careful.

I collected my ring back sharp sharp

1 Like

Re: Separation Is Imminent In My Marriage. by awa(m): 4:21pm On Jan 05, 2015
@ Poster,

I must advise you to keep away from this your "wife" for now and try as much as you can to define if the marriage should go on. I really wish you understand that your own family needs you most and can't afford to loose you. Whatever you are passing through now could be said to be your own decision. Having dated this lady for two years, you should have at least get to see this ugly side of hers. I am not saying that she should be perfect but there are some certain things that can be managed in a marriage and perhaps it is not this kind of situation you are into.

Please make out time and talk with her and find out if she wants the marriage to come to an end. Thereafter, you can make your decision concerning divorce because you may not change this lady from the look of things.

Above all, please take this case to God in prayers and don't forget that God can change any situation in life. I really wish you the very best in every thing. But in all, you must be very careful with this lady and ensure your personal safety at all times.
Re: Separation Is Imminent In My Marriage. by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jan 05, 2015
The part where you tore off her butt pad is tooooo funny. Can't stop laffing. cheesy cheesy

Obviously your wife has self image issues reason why she has a butt pad to make her feel secure. Try and understand her you did marry her happily sef.

You are too focused on controlling your wife maybe you should try and control yourself.

Sorry about the other issues you are going through i hope you sort yourselves out. Divorce is the easy way out working through your issues and toughing it out is it.
Re: Separation Is Imminent In My Marriage. by SavageGarden(m): 4:27pm On Jan 05, 2015
Goodness me.... angry and why will you even think of having a child with that Monster....and the baby monster will have your name....Do you need to be told to get the heck out of this marriage...what are you gaining from it besides daily abuse...Guy life is too short to keep putting up with one ladies vile monstrousity all in the name of marriage...Divorce that retard and live your life to the fullest....you made the futile mistake of marrying an evil genius don't make the mistake of staying.....
Re: Separation Is Imminent In My Marriage. by colored(m): 5:24pm On Jan 05, 2015
haryormeedeh:
since you saw the signs before marriage, you should blame yourself a little. separate for a while sha and see if it works out but I don't encourage divorce
why wont you encourage divorce in a case like this? You are gonna end up dead if you ever fall a victim of dosmetic violence and abuse by your partner.
Re: Separation Is Imminent In My Marriage. by Rep042: 5:55pm On Jan 05, 2015
Natasha2:

hmm I really wished you could settle, I dislike broken homes cry

Since you have decided its a divorce, its alright, as for the child I'm sure your lawyer will enlighten you more on the chances you have, but It might be difficult since the child is still very much tender and needs its mother, but if you're able to prove she is a bad mother and that the safety if the child is questionable perhaps you'll be given the child.

Its like you haven't spoken to her up till now, Is she aware of the new development?

Re: Separation Is Imminent In My Marriage. by Rep042: 6:09pm On Jan 05, 2015
Natasha2:

hmm I really wished you could settle, I dislike broken homes cry

Since you have decided its a divorce, its alright, as for the child I'm sure your lawyer will enlighten you more on the chances you have, but It might be difficult since the child is still very much tender and needs its mother, but if you're able to prove she is a bad mother and that the safety if the child is questionable perhaps you'll be given the child.

Its like you haven't spoken to her up till now, Is she aware of the new development?

No, she is not aware.
Re: Separation Is Imminent In My Marriage. by Natasha2(f): 6:11pm On Jan 05, 2015
Rep042:
No,she is not aware.

Okay, at this point I'm short of advice but I think you should ponder on Pomsky and awa's advice. You'll definitely get a thing or two from it.

I really wish you all the best in what ever decision you finally make, don't forget to be very careful at home.
Re: Separation Is Imminent In My Marriage. by bola4dprec(m): 6:43pm On Jan 05, 2015
Rep042:
Please Nairalanders, I will like to know if it is wrong or out of
place for a working class married lady to assist her husband
in paying some bills or buying some foodstuffs at home.
Because,anytime she assists in doing anything,she will
record it and consequently use that to abuse and insult me
whenever we have misunderstanding and or exchange of
words.
Re: Separation Is Imminent In My Marriage. by akpur1(m): 6:53pm On Jan 05, 2015
Rep042:
My marriage is just 1 year and few days old,but within the last 365 days,I have seen torment and hell on daily basis. We dated for 2 years before tying the knot,she's a nice person,but her mouth is destructive,she has this overbearing attitude,always trying to control me or dictate the pace,and can keep malice,anger and record of evil done to her for a long time. She's the type of person that talks very well,I mean convincely well,but unfortunately,she speaks more negative words. She can talk for hours non-stop,especially when provoked,saying all sorts of bad words.

She has threatened to kill me & send assassins after me on different occasions in the past,though I just ignored such threats.

My wife has been abusing me verbally and always say nasty things at every slightest provocation and at the same ready to engage me in fisticuffs.

She can really say unprintable words such as "it will not be well with you","as you go out,people will deal with you", "you will work like an elephant and eat like an ant", "this your certificate will never yield you any good thing", etc, name callings,abuses,curses etc.

Please Nairalanders, I will like to know if it is wrong or out of place for a working class married lady to assist her husband in paying some bills or buying some foodstuffs at home. Because,anytime she assists in doing anything,she will record it and consequently use that to abuse and insult me whenever we have misunderstanding and or exchange of words.

After our traditional marriage on December 2013,I had some financial challenges,and then my rent was due for renewable,she offered to assist,at first I was skeptical about it ,because I know her kind of person,knowing full well that she will use that to ridicule and abuse me in no distant time. But,then,I didn't have any alternative,so I allowed her pay d rent. Now,she's claiming ownership,saying ..."which house,the one that I have been paying the rent or another one"...

She has done a lot of character assassination & damages to my personality before some of her relatives & family members(Her father and two sisters),thus they all support her & no longer regard me as anybody.

Few months into our marriage,she started wearing butt pads, I told her to stop ,because I don't like the stuff,but she flared up and we had exchange of words. She told me that she has to look good to outsiders.

Throughout her pregnancy period,she wore the butt pads on daily basis even at home,I allowed her because of her condition,even though it looked disgusting on her. After she put to bed,and few days later, I told her to quit wearing that stuff, but she refused,then I seized it,she started ranting to the hearing of everyone at home & neighbors that I have taken her padded pants(aka butt pad) to native doctor. I just ignored her. Few days later, she bought another set.

On Xmas day(2014),she dressed up & wore the butt pads again,I told her to remove it ,but she refused,then i tried forcing her to do so,and that resulted to a serious fight. She tore my already ironed clothes to pieces(an expensive Indian attire I bought when I travelled to India),I tore hers too and forced the butt pads out from her body.

Hell was let loose that day,because she called her sisters,they came to my house and created a very nasty scene in my neighborhood,they insulted,ridiculed me and made a mockery of me,her elder sister who is a police officer threatened to deal with me,she was talking and hitting her hands on the ground saying that,they are going to teach me some bitter lessons in this town. I tried to respond but my Mum,who's on child's visit(Omugwo) asked me to hold my peace. It wasn't easy though,they also insulted her too.

Since that day till date,my wife doesn't talk to me. The only thing that connects us now is the new born baby.

H.

Please,kindly advice me.
Thank you.
please man divorce and save your
Re: Separation Is Imminent In My Marriage. by ukandi1(m): 8:38pm On Jan 05, 2015
Do u mean she asked for a divorce? What are u waiting for ? Bros, don't let me call u a mugu.
Grant her her wish immediately.. If its her family that gave u ur job, resign from it.
Chai.....! See torture....
I am a married man too and know that marriage is sweet( 3yrs in marriage).
If my wife at anytime tries just 15% of what u just mentioned here, i will ask for divorce.

But wait oh.... U just explained exactly another copy of my mother. But my Dad's type are not found in our generation.
I feel ur pains and i am angry...
Re: Separation Is Imminent In My Marriage. by ggood: 8:47pm On Jan 05, 2015
take hard
Re: Separation Is Imminent In My Marriage. by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jan 05, 2015
When is the part 2 coming out? Of this screenplay?

Abi? Woman say she wan go, you dey seek advice again. What do you want Nairalanders to do? Give you the same advice I'm sure you have been given severally? Or you just looking for justifications. Well, leave her be.m a woman that cusses/curses her husband is an enemy of progress. Or you can start seeing someone else an make sure she is prettier than her. grin
Re: Separation Is Imminent In My Marriage. by killjoy(m): 9:22pm On Jan 05, 2015
Feraz:
And people were ready to skin killjoy for giving his reasons why he doesn't want to get married. I'm sure he's laughing somewhere reading this topic. undecided

my broda don't mind dem jor.... we Nigerians, na we spiritual pass, yet na we hypocrite pass.
Re: Separation Is Imminent In My Marriage. by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jan 05, 2015
winnieG1:

Am I the only one that felt this story is fake? How come your mother came for omugwo instead of hers? Oh! I see the reason for her bashing you
FYI, omugwo is not an exclusive reserve of a man's mother in-law. When my elder sis gave birth to her second issue, her mother in-law was the one that went for the omugwo. my mum went for the first issue though.

3 Likes

Re: Separation Is Imminent In My Marriage. by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jan 05, 2015
bros, move on now . what more do you need to hear . abi you want to die before your time . if her family dont respect yu , do you think it will ever work.

1 Like

Re: Separation Is Imminent In My Marriage. by Nobody: 12:47am On Jan 06, 2015
That's what you get when you don't give up on the most beautiful girls, you might have escaped these torrid times if you settle down with an average beautiful lady who won't have to impress anyone but you.
Re: Separation Is Imminent In My Marriage. by DONFASZY(m): 1:05am On Jan 06, 2015
Sleekyshuga:
Please Sir.........

.........How many 21st century generational women would want to settle down with a man who cannot raise a family?

.........How many Christian women/mothers would want to be pillars of a home when she has a man who is still hale and hearty?

.........Personally, would you want to settle down for marriage when you are not ready/fit for it?

You think I also don't read the bible or a christian woman/wife doesn't have her own problems? All she is supposed to do is shoulder the problems of her family? I am a REALIST, and I say things the way they are.. Times have changed.. The world keeps developing..

"A woman was created to be a helper, and not a depender".

N/B: No matter how good a lady/woman/wife or a man/husband might be, there is still a beast inside of her/him, that will only unleash when you turn on her/his bad side...

U on point...did we also heard d oda side of d story sef....Bt to make peace....he is in a bera position to decide
Re: Separation Is Imminent In My Marriage. by Nobody: 1:34am On Jan 06, 2015
muyiwaadekunle1:
That's what you get when you don't give up on the most beautiful girls, you might have escaped these torrid times if you settle down with an average beautiful lady who won't have to impress anyone but you.

If she is beautiful, why is she using butt pads?
From my experience, ugly girls' insecurity have made them to become defensive, offensive and aggressive.
Re: Separation Is Imminent In My Marriage. by Drone007: 2:00am On Jan 06, 2015
Sleekyshuga:
Please Sir.........

.........How many 21st century generational women would want to settle down with a man who cannot raise a family?

.........How many Christian women/mothers would want to be pillars of a home when she has a man who is still hale and hearty?

.........Personally, would you want to settle down for marriage when you are not ready/fit for it?

You think I also don't read the bible or a christian woman/wife doesn't have her own problems? All she is supposed to do is shoulder the problems of her family? I am a REALIST, and I say things the way they are.. Times have changed.. The world keeps developing..

"A woman was created to be a helper, and not a depender".

N/B: No matter how good a lady/woman/wife or a man/husband might be, there is still a beast inside of her/him, that will only unleash when you turn on her/his bad side...
Quite out of context.
The OP didn't say he cannot raise a family.
On the contrary, he says he earns four times what his wife earns.
He only asked her to step in and contribute to the rent on a one-off situation.
NOW ABOUT 21st century women...
These 21st century women, are they Christians? Do they want to marry? Do they want to start a family?
If it is 'yes' to the three questions, then they have no choice than to do the three as per the manual of the One who invented marriage and family.
Otherwise, they are free to invent another institution of their own, but certainly not of God'making.
When they so do, they must also be ready for the consequences thereof.
And, the last time I checked, the wages of sin is still death, 21st century or no 21st century.
One more clarification: Please, don't get it all mixed up. Reference to Proverbs 31 is not meant to cover up for men who are lazy and irresponsible; not even as a carte blanche to make men abdicate their role as providers for their families. Not when the Word of God says that a man that fails to provide is worse than an infidel.
Rather reference to Proverbs 31 is to bring balance to the discussion: Marriage is actually supposed to be between two people who can separately stand on their own 100 per cent. And when it is love that brings them together, neither party should watch the other die cave in to burdens of life when they in a position to help out. Another name for this concept is Mutuality!
That's got nothing to do with 21st century, or any other century for that matter!

2 Likes

Re: Separation Is Imminent In My Marriage. by Sleekyshuga(f): 7:53am On Jan 06, 2015
Drone007:

On the contrary, he says he earns four times what his wife earns.

After our traditional marriage on December 2013,I had some financial challenges,and then my rent was due for renewable,she offered to assist, at first I was skeptical about it ,because I know her kind of person, knowing full well that she will use that to ridicule and abuse me in no distant time.

But,then,I didn't have any alternative,so I allowed her pay d rent. Now,she's claiming ownership,saying ..."which house,the one that I have been paying the rent or another one"...

And yes, he had an alternative knowing the kinda viper he married for a wife but yet, he threw cautions to the wind..

Maybe, I had issues reading the context the 1st time undecided undecided.. I had to read it again, and again, and I never saw where the OP mentioned earning 4 times better than his wife..

I'm done with the topic.. The OP should have gotten the advice he seek..

Good day..
Re: Separation Is Imminent In My Marriage. by Nobody: 7:59am On Jan 06, 2015

...[size=18pt]After our traditional marriage on December 2013,I had some financial challenges[/size],and then my rent was due for renewable,she offered to assist,at first I was skeptical about it ,because I know her kind of person,knowing full well that she will use that to ridicule and abuse me in no distant time. But,then,I didn't have any alternative,so I allowed her pay d rent. Now,she's claiming ownership,saying ..."which house,the one that I have been paying the rent or another one"...

grin grin grin grin

Let me guess, na Igbo woman you marry grin
Re: Separation Is Imminent In My Marriage. by Eberex(m): 8:09am On Jan 06, 2015
2buff:

grin grin grin grin

Let me guess, na Igbo woman you marry grin

I just went through your profile and i found out you like picking on the igbos. But sorry to disappoint you bro, but this kind of attitude from a woman cannot be seen in an igbo woman. You should know better.
Re: Separation Is Imminent In My Marriage. by Nobody: 8:11am On Jan 06, 2015
Eberex:

I just went through your profile and i found out you like picking on the igbos. But sorry to disappoint you bro, but this kind of attitude from a woman cannot be seen in an igbo woman. You should know better.

Abeg let the OP answer cheesy
Re: Separation Is Imminent In My Marriage. by nitrogen(m): 8:48am On Jan 06, 2015
Jarus:

Well, that is me. It is my household. I am the head.

Dem no born that woman that will come and curse and threaten me.

Nibo ni month to raye oshi.

shocked shocked shocked shocked Egbon ti binu o, chai, to be realistic sha, some ladies are interestingly crazy!
Re: Separation Is Imminent In My Marriage. by Rep042: 10:01am On Jan 06, 2015
Sleekyshuga:

After our traditional marriage on December 2013,I had some financial challenges,and then my rent was due for renewable,she offered to assist, at first I was skeptical about it ,because I know her kind of person, knowing full well that she will use that to ridicule and abuse me in no distant time.

But,then,I didn't have any alternative,so I allowed her pay d rent. Now,she's claiming ownership,saying ..."which house,the one that I have been paying the rent or another one"...

And yes, he had an alternative knowing the kinda viper he married for a wife but yet, he threw cautions to the wind..

Maybe, I had issues reading the context the 1st time ,I had to read it again, and again, and I never saw where the OP mentioned earning 4 times better than his wife..[/b]

I'm done with the topic.. The OP should have gotten the advice he seek..

Good day..

@ bolded

I will like to correct an impression that most posters had,though,it may not be necessary,but I will just have to say it so as to keep the record straight.
I'm financially independent of my wife, I pay all the bills at home, I only allowed her assist me when I had some financial challenges and that was immediately after our trad, I have since bounced back,
plz ,be guided that what I earn in a month,my wife earns same in 4 months or more.Thank You.
Re: Separation Is Imminent In My Marriage. by Sleekyshuga(f): 10:20am On Jan 06, 2015
Rep042:

You just made your points now, OP.. The 1st post you made, it wasn't there...

The choice is yours cheesy cheesy.. Peace!!
Re: Separation Is Imminent In My Marriage. by smartigo: 2:37pm On Jan 06, 2015
@rep042. I would have loved to recommend divorce based on the threat to your life but the decision lies with you. What I will suggest is distancing yourself for awhile for your sanity.

But I still feel there is smthing you are not saying except she was designed to torment you. Good luck

1 Like

Re: Separation Is Imminent In My Marriage. by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jan 06, 2015
smartigo:
@rep042. I would have loved to recommend divorce based on the threat to your life but the decision lies with you. What I will suggest is distancing yourself for awhile for your sanity.

But I still feel there is smthing you are not saying except she was designed to torment you. Good luck

Chai, ..''designed to torment you''.........hahahaha...nairaland una go kill person with laugh..... grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Stop Snatching Our Husbands ⁠— Owerri Wives Protest Against Young Women / SEE a Lady Calls Her Friends Hoes Because She Has A Man / I Need Help.... Marriage Counselor In The House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.