Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,479 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:12 PM

Advice Needed Should I Go For This Car? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Advice Needed Should I Go For This Car? (6392 Views)

Please Tell Me About This Car / Advice Needed: Should I Buy A 2003 Audi A6 I4 1.8turbo 20v As A First Car / Guy In Lekki Lagos Designed This Car... (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed Should I Go For This Car? by Ehimax(m): 4:48pm On Jan 04, 2015
Am in need of a vehicle I've searched for an affordable car, I eventually saw a neat Vboot one door going for 150k. the engine and body is in perfect condition. I knw little about cars so I need your advice

is Vboot a good choice? considering cost of maintaining and fueling the vehicle I also intend to travel a lot with the vehicle if I eventually buy it. how tough is the vehicle on the rough Nigerian road ?
Re: Advice Needed Should I Go For This Car? by ozzugworlee(m): 5:12pm On Jan 04, 2015
My dear...benz cars re widely termed to be one of d strongest cars ever....just make sure dat d engine is sound and den u re gud to go....d parts re sooo cheap...like d shock is around 1k ...I bought mine for dat price last year...thou is 230e (flat booth). Is so strong that I perfer to use it more than my mazda booth and carmy..as to d fuel, is just a little d\f to japanese cars. What u will lose in fuel usage, u gain it in durablity of the car. Mine evven come with factory fitted AC and I tell I love every aspect of d car. 190E is 1.9 engine and I think d usage will even be far more better than my flatbooth

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed Should I Go For This Car? by Ehimax(m): 7:28pm On Jan 04, 2015
thanks for the comment. I'll just go for it
Re: Advice Needed Should I Go For This Car? by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:18am On Jan 05, 2015
Ehimax:
Am in need of a vehicle I've searched for an affordable car, I eventually saw a neat Vboot one door going for 150k. the engine and body is in perfect condition. I knw little about cars so I need your advice

is Vboot a good choice? considering cost of maintaining and fueling the vehicle I also intend to travel a lot with the vehicle if I eventually buy it. how tough is the vehicle on the rough Nigerian road ?

If you have not paid for it, please don't. Save more money and get a japanes car, they are easy to maintain and have better resale value.

4 Likes

Re: Advice Needed Should I Go For This Car? by AutosBay(m): 9:37am On Jan 05, 2015
High maintenance cost is the more reason people avoid Benz but it appears to me you are just so enticed by the cheap cost price, please follow GAZZUZZ advice.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed Should I Go For This Car? by senator2k9(m): 9:43am On Jan 05, 2015
You said u dnt knw much abt cars yet how come u knw d engine is good. Bro if u dnt want to be sleeping on d road always pls dnt even attempt to buy dat car n travel with it. Like my boss GaZZUZ adviced, beta go for japanese vehicles !

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed Should I Go For This Car? by chukel(m): 1:16pm On Jan 05, 2015
senator2k9:
You said u dnt knw much abt cars yet how come u knw d engine is good. Bro if u dnt want to be sleeping on d road always pls dnt even attempt to buy dat car n travel with it. Like my boss GaZZUZ adviced, beta go for japanese vehicles !
now this is the part I don't like. U r taking what gazzuz said out of context and misinterpreting it. Who said benz is not reliable. Y would he sleep on the road when he travels with it. My family house has benz 230E(flat boot), 300E(vboot) and a c class. They are so reliable that anytime u call on them they answer. It all depends on maintenance culture. U can have a toyota and still sleep on the road when u travel.

6 Likes

Re: Advice Needed Should I Go For This Car? by baconline(m): 1:21pm On Jan 05, 2015
there is a neat 190 AUTO transmission in ibadan for 160k, d seller is in distress and needs cash

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed Should I Go For This Car? by kenazuu(m): 3:56pm On Jan 05, 2015
@baconline

the pics
Re: Advice Needed Should I Go For This Car? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jan 05, 2015
Ehimax:
Am in need of a vehicle I've searched for an affordable car, I eventually saw a neat Vboot one door going for 150k.

What side of the car is the 1 door?? undecided undecided

6 Likes

Re: Advice Needed Should I Go For This Car? by senator2k9(m): 7:24pm On Jan 05, 2015
chukel:
now this is the part I don't like. U r taking what gazzuz said out of context and misinterpreting it. Who said benz is not reliable. Y would he sleep on the road when he travels with it. My family house has benz 230E(flat boot), 300E(vboot) and a c class. They are so reliable that anytime u call on them they answer. It all depends on maintenance culture. U can have a toyota and still sleep on the road when u travel.
what is this one saying? Do u read before commenting at all? A benz of 150,000? How much is bajaj motor cycle? Did ur family buy their benz at 150'k? Dat must be a moving casket.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed Should I Go For This Car? by soyemi(m): 1:01am On Jan 06, 2015
I drive a Mercedes Benz 230E v boot. I have used it for 2year now. I am not sure I want to drive another type of car. I work in Lekki and I live in ogba. I drive the car 7 days a week. It has never messed up. My job also entails short distance travelling like Akure, ife, ilorin and that is what I use. My brother, contrary to notion by Nigerians that it sucks fuel, mine and others I have seen and driven conserve fuel.

Moreover, concerning the maintenance, it is not expensive. If you live in Lagos, find your way to ojekunle street in ladipo, that is the home of Benz spare part.

Finally, get a mechanic to check the engine and transmission. If it's good. You are good to go. Good luck Bro

5 Likes

Re: Advice Needed Should I Go For This Car? by Nobody: 6:22am On Jan 06, 2015
chukel:
I never insulted u, but u have rushed to call me a slow poke. Between the 2 of us I think u kn who the slow poke is. Ignorance is bad. I wonder how much u think those cars go for as Nigerian used.
Don't mind the yeye boy. What d hell does he know about Benz and prices?
Re: Advice Needed Should I Go For This Car? by Nobody: 6:24am On Jan 06, 2015
soyemi:
I drive a Mercedes Benz 230E v boot. I have used it for 2year now. I am not sure I want to drive another type of car. I work in Lekki and I live in ogba. I drive the car 7 days a week. It has never messed up. My job also entails short distance travelling like Akure, ife, ilorin and that is what I use. My brother, contrary to notion by Nigerians that it sucks fuel, mine and others I have seen and driven conserve fuel.

Moreover, concerning the maintenance, it is not expensive. If you live in Lagos, find your way to ojekunle street in ladipo, that is the home of Benz spare part.

Finally, get a mechanic to check the engine and transmission. If it's good. You are good to go. Good luck Bro
Tanx jare.
Re: Advice Needed Should I Go For This Car? by Frankdamaxx(m): 5:21pm On Jan 07, 2015
Siena:

What side of the car is the 1 door?? undecided undecided

Siena, 1 door is the Nigerian way of saying coupe. grin

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed Should I Go For This Car? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jan 07, 2015
Frankdamaxx:

Siena, 1 door is the Nigerian way of saying coupe. grin
grin I think he knows, he's just being sarcastic. It was quite hilarious though. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed Should I Go For This Car? by Ehimax(m): 7:01pm On Jan 07, 2015
Thank you all for the comment. I actually ment two doors one on each sides of the vehicle.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed Should I Go For This Car? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jan 07, 2015
Ehimax:
Thank you all for the comment. I actually ment two doors one on each sides of the vehicle.
Have you made your decision?
I think you can go for the benz but make sure you check the body well for rust, have a mechanic check the suspension system, transmission & engine.
DO NOT expect the fuel economy of a toyota especially if it isn't having a 4-cylinder engine or a perfectly swapped w202 engine.
Re: Advice Needed Should I Go For This Car? by Ehimax(m): 9:56pm On Jan 07, 2015
0rex:

Have you made your decision?
I think you can go for the benz but make sure you check the body well for rust, have a mechanic check the suspension system, transmission & engine.
DO NOT expect the fuel economy of a toyota especially if it isn't having a 4-cylinder engine or a perfectly swapped w202 engine.

its a 4 plug engine, is this equivalent to 4 cylinder engine? I had a friend of mine who followed me the day I went to check the vehicle, he started the engine turtled it and checked the emission and some other stuff and he certified it was okay (his not a mechanic but knw much abt cars). as for the body its quite neat and no rust.
Re: Advice Needed Should I Go For This Car? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jan 07, 2015
Ehimax:

its a 4 plug engine, is this equivalent to 4 cylinder engine?
Yes.
Re: Advice Needed Should I Go For This Car? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jan 07, 2015
Ehimax:

I had a friend of mine who followed me the day I went to check the vehicle, he started the engine turtled it and checked the emission and some other stuff and he certified it was okay (his not a mechanic but knw much abt cars). as for the body its quite neat and no rust.
Did you test drive?
Re: Advice Needed Should I Go For This Car? by ozzugworlee(m): 4:47am On Jan 08, 2015
Pls....post d engine pics, it will help us here . If possible, d body

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed Should I Go For This Car? by pautex: 3:31pm On Jan 08, 2015
a car of 150k i dont think its in good condition bro be warn.
Re: Advice Needed Should I Go For This Car? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jan 08, 2015
pautex:
a car of 150k i dont think its in good condition bro be warn.
cheesy Nigerian used 1980s benz cars are usually around that price.
People underrate those 'indestructible' cars principally because of their age.
Re: Advice Needed Should I Go For This Car? by Ehimax(m): 4:52pm On Jan 09, 2015
0rex:

Did you test drive?

yes I did and it moved smoothly

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed Should I Go For This Car? by Ehimax(m): 4:54pm On Jan 09, 2015
ozzugworlee:
Pls....post d engine pics, it will help us here . If possible, d body

I'll do that the car is nw in my full possession

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed Should I Go For This Car? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jan 09, 2015
Congrats.
Re: Advice Needed Should I Go For This Car? by Ehimax(m): 5:56pm On Jan 23, 2015
rocking this vehicle

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed Should I Go For This Car? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jan 23, 2015
Ehimax:
rocking this vehicle
Good to know that. grin
Drive Safe

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Are Toyota Cars Still So Expensive Abroad? / Best Oil For Vw Golf 4 (vw Gurus Please) / Reliable Car Tracker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.