Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:10 AM

Have You Ever Had A Paranormal Experience? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Have You Ever Had A Paranormal Experience? (9108 Views)

Paranormal. Let's Talk About Our Experience / How Do Atheists Explain Away Paranormal Events / Ghosts, Spirits, Paranormal Entities, Are They Real?(Warning). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Had A Paranormal Experience? by nnamdiosu(m): 12:39pm On May 25, 2016
Lisaflex:

"bro" ke?....If so,they r doing a very gd job of confusing/decieving us...Yeah,every gift from d devil is bad,buh talking abt 50 litres of fuel 4rm him in d middle of ds fuel wahala .... R u sure u won't collect or atleast consider it? grin

Lol. Sis. grin grin ;DDon't collect fuel from the devil o. It will just knock ur engine becos he has pissed inside it. Trust me, he's a badddd guy

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Had A Paranormal Experience? by Lisaflex(f): 6:18am On Jun 17, 2016
nnamdiosu:

Lol. Sis. grin grin ;DDon't collect fuel from the devil o. It will just knock ur engine becos he has pissed inside it. Trust me, he's a badddd guy

Lol! I jes pictured the devil pissing in2 a galon containing fuel...I've sha heard u, i wont.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Had A Paranormal Experience? by Nobody: 3:28am On Jul 06, 2016
Lisaflex:

Yes, such beings(abi spirits) r demons disguising as d person (4rm d bible's point of view), buh I still don't get hw n why d demons in situations similar 2 ds do not hurt d person buh end up jes spending tym wt d person or even pass on a msg....I've read smwer abt a man whose life was saved cos he heard d voice of his dead wife n went 2 check it out, only 4 smtn heavy 2 crush d sit he jes vacated.In ds case,y wld a demon want 2 save his life... Its jes sooo confusing.

It is not every phenomenon of non-ordinary reality that has to be attributed to demons.

@ the bolded,
This is a case of activation of the inner sense - some people call it the Sixth Sense . We all have it but for majority of us, it is latent/dormant.
When activated, it may manifest differently to different people. For example, it may manifest to one person in the form of hearing of voices (i.e. clair-audience. To another person, it may manifest in the form of visions or sights clairvoyance. Still to another, it may manifest in the form of sensations or even tactile feeling (i.e. intuition, premonition, psychometry, e.t.c
The form it takes depend upon the most active rays of the individual. It is perfectly possible for one person to experience it in two different forms at the same time. Like seeing a motion picture of a happening with the inner eye while hearing an accompanying running commentary with the inner ear at the same time, as is the case with Peter Hurkos, the Dutch psychic, for instance.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Had A Paranormal Experience? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jul 13, 2016
The incidence you are about to read happened to me in Abeokuta sometime in 1997 when I was still in College( Ogun Poly now known as Moshood Abiola Polytechnic).
I started noticing this man with an old Danshiki style Aso Oke with Abeti Aja cap paasing infront of my house at Onikoko on a monday morning when i went outside to spread my laundry. In my mind, I wondered why he was wearing such an outfit. The Aso Oke was definitely old and the style (Danshiki) was a throw back from the 70s. I shrugged it off and went to get ready for class.

I noticed the same man at the June 12 market some days later; i believe it was a Wednesday afternoon.

On thursday evening, I went to hang out with some old friends at a bar in the Ibara GRA. I left the bar around 10:45pm(drinks and gist were flowing and i didnt know time had gone). I ended up walking all the way to my house from the GRA because there were no taxis around that period.

As i was approaching my house with my cigarrete in hand and my Discman playing Wutang Clan, i could see from afar 3 bright lights shining like a motor cycle headlamp but very flouresecent. The closer I approached the light, the more the wind blew like a storm was about to come. I looked up to the sky but there was no sign of rain. The whole of Onikoko road was deserted but as a Lagos bobo I trudged on believing that nothing dey happen.
As I got closer to the bright light, behold, it was the aso oke man. He wasnt walking, he was gliding or should I say floating because I didnt see him move his feet but he was moving forward. His eyes were shining very bright like those comic characters i used to read about. He had another eye on his forehead which also shine brightly.I remember removing my headphones and trying to run but i couldnt because as he approached me, a certain force restrained me and I stood there transfixed, unable to move a muscle and my head began to swell. I had previoulsy heard from people about how they had encounters with ghosts or paranormal beings and how their heads felt like it was swollen or heavy, now I understand what they meant. My head felt heavy on my neck witha sharp pain throbbing at the back of my head.
As soon as the man passed by my side, I heard him sigh. The sigh was very loud and amplified and the ciggarette in my hand fell off.
I dont know for how long i stood there but i later felt warm and noticed that i could move my legs and move my legs i sure did. i ran to my house, banging on the door for my fellow students to open the door. As soon as Sade; a gal from my department opened the door, I rushed in, closed the door tightly while telling her what I just saw. I ran into my room and started casting and binding ( come see Me dey speak in tongues). I could hear someone in the background saying " the guy don go drink jare, NO MIND AM. Which kain yeye ghost him see".

The following morning, an old man that I used to occasionally sit down and share palm wine and cigarettes with told me that i must have seen either an AKUDAYA( a person who is dead but still continues living or sighted by people in a location different from the one they lived while they were alive) OR a man with who has familiar spirits on a mission to perpetarte evil. He said what probably saved me was the cigarrette in my hand because some spirits do not like the smell of it; it is believed that it weakens their powers.Me i no know but I believe God was just looking out for me; thats all.
I never saw the Aso Oke man again after that day. I believe he went away because he has been busted.

That year was very interesting for me because it opened my eyes to some other funny spiritual shit I will talk about later

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Had A Paranormal Experience? by Lisaflex(f): 5:07am On Jul 24, 2016
fxtimi:
The incidence you are about to read happened to me in Abeokuta sometime in 1997 when I was still in College( Ogun Poly now known as Moshood Abiola Polytechnic).
I started noticing this man with an old Danshiki style Aso Oke with Abeti Aja cap paasing infront of my house at Onikoko on a monday morning when i went outside to spread my laundry. In my mind, I wondered why he was wearing such an outfit. The Aso Oke was definitely old and the style (Danshiki) was a throw back from the 70s. I shrugged it off and went to get ready for class.

I noticed the same man at the June 12 market some days later; i believe it was a Wednesday afternoon.

On thursday evening, I went to hang out with some old friends at a bar in the Ibara GRA. I left the bar around 10:45pm(drinks and gist were flowing and i didnt know time had gone). I ended up walking all the way to my house from the GRA because there were no taxis around that period.

As i was approaching my house with my cigarrete in hand and my Discman playing Wutang Clan, i could see from afar 3 bright lights shining like a motor cycle headlamp but very flouresecent. The closer I approached the light, the more the wind blew like a storm was about to come. I looked up to the sky but there was no sign of rain. The whole of Onikoko road was deserted but as a Lagos bobo I trudged on believing that nothing dey happen.
As I got closer to the bright light, behold, it was the aso oke man. He wasnt walking, he was gliding or should I say floating because I didnt see him move his feet but he was moving forward. His eyes were shining very bright like those comic characters i used to read about. He had another eye on his forehead which also shine brightly.I remember removing my headphones and trying to run but i couldnt because as he approached me, a certain force restrained me and I stood there transfixed, unable to move a muscle and my head began to swell. I had previoulsy heard from people about how they had encounters with ghosts or paranormal beings and how their heads felt like it was swollen or heavy, now I understand what they meant. My head felt heavy on my neck witha sharp pain throbbing at the back of my head.
As soon as the man passed by my side, I heard him sigh. The sigh was very loud and amplified and the ciggarette in my hand fell off.
I dont know for how long i stood there but i later felt warm and noticed that i could move my legs and move my legs i sure did. i ran to my house, banging on the door for my fellow students to open the door. As soon as Sade; a gal from my department opened the door, I rushed in, closed the door tightly while telling her what I just saw. I ran into my room and started casting and binding ( come see Me dey speak in tongues). I could hear someone in the background saying " the guy don go drink jare, NO MIND AM. Which kain yeye ghost him see".

The following morning, an old man that I used to occasionally sit down and share palm wine and cigarettes with told me that i must have seen either an AKUDAYA( a person who is dead but still continues living or sighted by people in a location different from the one they lived while they were alive) OR a man with who has familiar spirits on a mission to perpetarte evil. He said what probably saved me was the cigarrette in my hand because some spirits do not like the smell of it; it is believed that it weakens their powers.Me i no know but I believe God was just looking out for me; thats all.
I never saw the Aso Oke man again after that day. I believe he went away because he has been busted.

That year was very interesting for me because it opened my eyes to some other funny spiritual shit I will talk about later

Wow,quite scary!!! U even had legs 2 run...If I wer in ur shoes,I would jes pass out at dt spot....... Still don't get d whole akudaya thing tho... If one can cm bk from d dead,y hide from their loved ones? Or is it sm sort of deal they hv wt who or whateva made it possible for them 2 cm bk?
Re: Have You Ever Had A Paranormal Experience? by Lisaflex(f): 5:17am On Jul 24, 2016
obadizena:

It is not every phenomenon of non-ordinary reality that has to be attributed to demons.

@ the bolded,
This is a case of activation of the inner sense - some people call it the Sixth Sense . We all have it but for majority of us, it is latent/dormant.
When activated, it may manifest differently to different people. For example, it may manifest to one person in the form of hearing of voices (i.e. clair-audience. To another person, it may manifest in the form of visions or sights clairvoyance. Still to another, it may manifest in the form of sensations or even tactile feeling (i.e. intuition, premonition, psychometry, e.t.c
The form it takes depend upon the most active rays of the individual. It is perfectly possible for one person to experience it in two different forms at the same time. Like seeing a motion picture of a happening with the inner eye while hearing an accompanying running commentary with the inner ear at the same time, as is the case with Peter Hurkos, the Dutch psychic, for instance.

I fnk u may hv a point..Only heard of ppl having a feeling of dread tho(premonitions), didn't knw actually hearing or seeing stuff cld also be attributed 2 d 6th sense
Re: Have You Ever Had A Paranormal Experience? by teejaypee: 1:42pm On Jul 24, 2016
Lisa, why am i just seeing this topic now? sad

I've got no experience though. .

I'm gonna just Read the comments cool
Re: Have You Ever Had A Paranormal Experience? by Rossikk(m): 2:06pm On Jul 24, 2016
timmy2409:

Yes indeed I am skeptical. Growing up, everything I "knew" about the supernatural/paranormal I had heard from other people and from movies. All the times that I came close to something that was supposed to be juju, it turned out to be a load of bullsh*t. Basically, I have not once experienced any such phenomena myself.

Of course this does not mean that such things do not exist conclusively. Rather, I put very little trust in subjective human accounts, knowing how easy it is for the brain to create events according to a person's beliefs/fantasy, or to wrongfully attribute exceptionality to normal events.

Moreover it seems that accounts of the paranormal are more prevalent in societies characterized by relative scientific ignorance, high religiosity and substantial economic/life uncertainty.
You need to watch more foreign TV. They actually have whole programs dedicated to finding ghosts and speaking to 'the departed'.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Had A Paranormal Experience? by Nobody: 3:02am On Jul 25, 2016
Lisaflex:

I fnk u may hv a point..Only heard of ppl having a feeling of dread tho(premonitions), didn't knw actually hearing or seeing stuff cld also be attributed 2 d 6th sense

The higher impulses of intuition, clairvoyance, clairaudience, e.t.c, are received by the physical body through the energy centers,chakras, corresponding to the various glands. The brain then processes and interprets the imputs by using the appropriate organs of perception. If the mind of the person is corrupt, so also the outcome will be distorted facts, accordingly.
If a person is only having premonitions, it is most likely, he or she has developed a habit of being in the negative state of mind, most of the time. And so, he or she receives the higher impulses of negative nature.

To have any meaningful experience in the physical world, a physical body is needed. That is why demons and other entities enter and use the body of people.
A demon can never enter the body of a person unless he or she, consciously or subconsciously, allows it, because everyone has a protective sheath surrounding his or her aura. Some people indulge in activities that open them up and render them susceptible to attacks by entities, without them realizing so. Thus allowing entities to enter their body.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Had A Paranormal Experience? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jul 25, 2016
from my little understanding of the akudaya phenomenom, the personmust have died before his time and so he soul wanders the earth with the same body. he or she can start a new life somewhere else and even start a family but it must be far away from where he everyone knows him/her.
I really dont know why if its a covenant or not, but I strongly believe what the old man told me because the Aso-Oke that this man was wearing was old(the pattern looked like the type i used to see in old pictures and the design was Danshiki;what Yorubas call OLE N TELE ALFA). I have never saw the man again after that incidence and it s because he knows i have blown his cover. he would probably go somewhere else to live
Lisaflex:

Wow,quite scary!!! U even had legs 2 run...If I wer in ur shoes,I would jes pass out at dt spot....... Still don't get d whole akudaya thing tho... If one can cm bk from d dead,y hide from their loved ones? Or is it sm sort of deal they hv wt who or whateva made it possible for them 2 cm bk?
Re: Have You Ever Had A Paranormal Experience? by Lisaflex(f): 8:12pm On Jul 25, 2016
fxtimi:
from my little understanding of the akudaya phenomenom, the personmust have died before his time and so he soul wanders the earth with the same body. he or she can start a new life somewhere else and even start a family but it must be far away from where he everyone knows him/her.
I really dont know why if its a covenant or not, but I strongly believe what the old man told me because the Aso-Oke that this man was wearing was old(the pattern looked like the type i used to see in old pictures and the design was Danshiki;what Yorubas call OLE N TELE ALFA). I have never saw the man again after that incidence and it s because he knows i have blown his cover. he would probably go somewhere else to live

Hmmm....I find d akudaya stuff quite fascinating
Re: Have You Ever Had A Paranormal Experience? by Lisaflex(f): 8:22pm On Jul 25, 2016
teejaypee:

U r jes seeing it cos u jes put on ur eye glass tongue....Happy reading

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Had A Paranormal Experience? by Nobody: 12:02am On Jul 26, 2016
Let me recount a story my uncle told me.

As a kid, they were asleep one night on raffia mats with family members and close relations. That night before resting their weary backs on the mats to sleep, they ate a heavy dinner which was pounded yam and vegetables soup full of meat.

As they all retired to sleep, the embers of coal had barely died out when he saw a weird and dwarf looking being approaching the hearth. As he laid down, this very short being took some burning coal from the hearth and made his way off. He noticed something strange, the weird being had his feet turned backwards. As in, his feet were backward even as he made his way forward. The exact opposite of that of human beings.

He felt this unbearable heaviness on his head for some minute before he felt light. He had to force himself to sleep. He didn't narrate what happened to any body. I was the first he told his experience to..
Re: Have You Ever Had A Paranormal Experience? by Lisaflex(f): 10:49am On Jun 03, 2017
teejaypee:

Any experience yet? If yes,spill cos my eyes r itchin 2 read smtn abt d paranormal grin
Re: Have You Ever Had A Paranormal Experience? by lawrykings(m): 11:24am On Jun 03, 2017
gatiano:
Everytime a person open his/her eyes, The first thing the eyes sees is the nose just below it. except and only when you pay attention or you really want to see the top of your nose, that is the only time you are conscious about it, without concentration on your nose, you can go straight ten years without consciously noting your nose. it is called blind spot or gray area if i am not wrong. So there are millions of entities and things that passes or do the strangest thing right in our face that we do not see, but believe me it is right there. some people are consciously awake (it's a gift), the see things as they actually are unluckily for them as the modern people would believe, which is pure ignorance. A smallest example are pick pocketing, magic tricks, card tricks, thay are always done right in our faces while our eyes are wide opened. our brains catches every micro second movement, but our eyes sees what you want to see.

Re: Have You Ever Had A Paranormal Experience? by lawrykings(m): 11:30am On Jun 03, 2017
obadizena:

The higher impulses of intuition, clairvoyance, clairaudience, e.t.c, are received by the physical body through the energy centers,chakras, corresponding to the various glands. The brain then processes and interprets the imputs by using the appropriate organs of perception. If the mind of the person is corrupt, so also the outcome will be distorted facts, accordingly.
If a person is only having premonitions, it is most likely, he or she has developed a habit of being in the negative state of mind, most of the time. And so, he or she receives the higher impulses of negative nature.

To have any meaningful experience in the physical world, a physical body is needed. That is why demons and other entities enter and use the body of people.
A demon can never enter the body of a person unless he or she, consciously or subconsciously, allows it, because everyone has a protective sheath surrounding his or her aura. Some people indulge in activities that open them up and render them susceptible to attacks by entities, without them realizing so. Thus allowing entities to enter their body.

what kind of activities makes one susceptible to such sir, I want to learn, thank you.
Re: Have You Ever Had A Paranormal Experience? by teejaypee: 2:26pm On Jun 03, 2017
Lisaflex:

Any experience yet? If yes,spill cos my eyes r itchin 2 read smtn abt d paranormal grin

Nothing has changed grin
Re: Have You Ever Had A Paranormal Experience? by stevecantrell: 3:12pm On Jun 03, 2017
nairalife2013:
I usually feel a build up of tears when ever I speak about these things.

When I was six, playing in the courtyard all alone, I saw a being hovering above me in the hot afternoon sky. He was a man except that his skin was extremely smooth and white like china porcelain plate. White as in the colour of snow. He came down slowly towards me. A flowing equally white garment covered him and, his face, faintly seen, had what I could think was a smile. I passed out. I woke up in the hospital surrounded by my parents, siblings and neighbors. My parents and siblings alone believed me when I later told them what I saw.

What was the reason for the hospitalization.

Convulsion ? Febrile ilness ?
Re: Have You Ever Had A Paranormal Experience? by Lisaflex(f): 2:19pm On Jun 04, 2017
teejaypee:

Nothing has changed grin

Na wa o! Collect dt discharge dt cms out 4rm a dog's eye n put in urs so u cn see smtn na (heard it works lyk magic)..U r dulling o!
Re: Have You Ever Had A Paranormal Experience? by teejaypee: 2:44pm On Jun 04, 2017
Lisaflex:

Na wa o! Collect dt discharge dt cms out 4rm a dog's eye n put in urs so u cn see smtn na (heard it works lyk magic)..U r dulling o!

How about you experiment that before I do...

grin

You know winkLadies first cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Had A Paranormal Experience? by Lisaflex(f): 5:11pm On Jun 04, 2017
teejaypee:

How about you experiment that before I do...

grin

You know winkLadies first cheesy

Ahn ahn! Hv u 4gotten? U r a man nw...Its tym 2 put all dt muscle 2 gd use wink
Re: Have You Ever Had A Paranormal Experience? by Nobody: 5:09am On Jun 07, 2017
lawrykings:

what kind of activities makes one susceptible to such sir, I want to learn, thank you.

Drug addiction, including excessive drinking of alcohol ; excessive indulgence in sexual intercourse ; the use of psychedelics to expand one's non-ordinary state of consciousness, without a guide; indulgence in some occult practices and some other things lipsrsealed
Re: Have You Ever Had A Paranormal Experience? by nairalife2013(m): 12:22pm On Jun 24, 2017
stevecantrell:

What was the reason for the hospitalization.

Convulsion ? Febrile ilness ?

was unconscious as they say. Something like faint. They met me asleep and woke me up but I couldn't walk nor talk and my temperature was high like a kid having fever. So they said
Re: Have You Ever Had A Paranormal Experience? by stevecantrell: 12:24pm On Jun 24, 2017
nairalife2013:
was unconscious as they say. Something like faint. They met me asleep and woke me up but I couldn't walk nor talk and my temperature was high like a kid having fever. So they said

You had a febrile convulsion...
Re: Have You Ever Had A Paranormal Experience? by nairalife2013(m): 12:36pm On Jun 24, 2017
stevecantrell:

You had a febrile convulsion...
I have not known that word before and I just checked it and it's real! Are u a Dr?! Thanks tho

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? / 12 Questions People Ask About The Christian Faith / If Lucifer Is The "Bringer Of Light",...why Then Is He The Bad One ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.