Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,693 members, 7,802,025 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:05 AM

I Need To Put On Weight, Please Help! - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Need To Put On Weight, Please Help! (204134 Views)

Are You Tired Of Your Body, You Want To Lose Some Weight..please Read!! / Have You Gain Weight? Please Tell Me The Procedure You Went Through, Thanks / Lose Belly Fat: Tips On Weight Loss Options (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need To Put On Weight, Please Help! by Unionised(m): 4:49am On Jan 08, 2015
Chuksemi:
I am ectomorphic and I have a high metabolism rate, which means I don't put on weight , easily! Please recommend Nigerian foods with high calories. I am tired of being thin and I want to change that! Please drop your suggestions and possible amount of calories.

My man, GO AND MARRY.

Works like a charm

3 Likes

Re: I Need To Put On Weight, Please Help! by TheClassAct: 5:19am On Jan 08, 2015
Don't eat every 2 hours but 3 hours. U didn't even state ur age, cos from ur age, we would have known how to advise you.

If you are a mature adult (30 and above), then u need a supplement like Amino 3000. But if u are still in ur 20s, register at a gym and go to d gym 3 times a week at most.
Eat nutrient dense meals and not empty meals like gari.

If you're not interested in muscle weight but fats, then buy cypron and don't go to gym.

U didn't also state what you currently weigh, but anyway, be checking ur weight once a week. And be eating 3 large meals a day, 4 at most.

Ectomorphism is not the best kind of body for a man sha, so try to come as close to endomorphism as possible by going to gym 3 days a week and telling the trainer ur goals.

Good luck.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: I Need To Put On Weight, Please Help! by TheClassAct: 5:20am On Jan 08, 2015
Unionised:

My man, GO AND MARRY.

Works like a charm

Not in all cases, though. Cos some pple are extreme ectomorphs
Re: I Need To Put On Weight, Please Help! by TheClassAct: 5:22am On Jan 08, 2015
Prettybecca:

I was going to say the same thing o! I need to gain some pounds too.
But how can you weight 46kg and i'm complaining of 59kg?

Sometimes age is a factor in how much u weigh. If u are under 25, it's quite normal to weigh 46 kg or even 59kg
Re: I Need To Put On Weight, Please Help! by Innodon(m): 5:59am On Jan 08, 2015
Just here to read comments incase.

1 Like

Re: I Need To Put On Weight, Please Help! by CzarRex: 6:58am On Jan 08, 2015
Chuksemi:
I am ectomorphic and I have a high metabolism rate, which means I don't put on weight , easily! Please recommend Nigerian foods with high calories. I am tired of being thin and I want to change that! Please drop your suggestions and possible amount of calories.
tnxs op 4 dis topic, we are in d same shoe..am so slim even ma mum makes gest of me...I was once insulted by a lil gurl dat I had no size in market nd its true u must d search d whole mkt 1st b4 u c ma size...but I jus it took as a joke sha

1 Like

Re: I Need To Put On Weight, Please Help! by iamord(m): 7:03am On Jan 08, 2015
chymystique:
@chuksemi, we are in the same shoes oo. Ve always been thin and weighing 45kg. The best way for you to gain weight faster is by taking multivitamins and apetite inducing pills.. It worked for me
what brand of pills and its price?
Re: I Need To Put On Weight, Please Help! by iamord(m): 7:06am On Jan 08, 2015
TheClassAct:
Don't eat every 2 hours but 3 hours. U didn't even state ur age, cos from ur age, we would have known how to advise you.

If you are a mature adult (30 and above), then u need a supplement like Amino 3000. But if u are still in ur 20s, register at a gym and go to d gym 3 times a week at most.
Eat nutrient dense meals and not empty meals like gari.

If you're not interested in muscle weight but fats, then buy cypron and don't go to gym.

U didn't also state what you currently weigh, but anyway, be checking ur weight once a week. And be eating 3 large meals a day, 4 at most.

Ectomorphism is not the best kind of body for a man sha, so try to come as close to endomorphism as possible by going to gym 3 days a week and telling the trainer ur goals.

Good luck.
what does the cypron do, and what if I want to use it along side gyming?
Re: I Need To Put On Weight, Please Help! by aniwilz(f): 7:28am On Jan 08, 2015
Deefuray:

Does it have any side effect?
nah
Re: I Need To Put On Weight, Please Help! by VivaLaFrans: 8:00am On Jan 08, 2015
Chuksemi:
Do you want to get fat or you want to build muscle tissues? Inability to gain weight might be as a result of high metabolic reactions and small intestinal bacterias which prevents your body from absorbing nutrients properly.
The body is almost made of muscles (Everywhere is muscles, except the organs and bones). Fat is different from muscles. Its better to gain muscles and lose fat.
The only way you can build lean muscles is through anabolic exercises, as catabolic exercises will make your condition even worse. Avoid catabolic exercise like jogging, play football once a week.
Anabolic exercises such as weight lifting is the only way to build muscle.
Anabolic exercises, in a decent manner, with healthy balanced diet will make your muscles grow large.
If you've experienced muscle Atrophy (loss of muscle as a result of injury or not using the muscle), sorry, the only solution is to build that muscle again.
Muscles don't grow instantly, they heal and grow while you are asleep, so do not start thinking its impossible to build. But be ready to spend alot on food, mostly protein.
Weight lifting affect all parts of the body because it awakens and forces those stubborn cells to absorb protein.
All you need to look cute is to build Moderately, not to look like a Bouncer. Build your Arms (very neccesary), your Neck (Do not do the army press as it may lenghten your neck), your Chest, your Back (Chin ups, bar bell rows, single dumbell rows, Heavy barbell rows, pull ups) and then burn those fat in your tummy. Building you thigh is optional. All Nigerian food will do, just make sure you take lot of protein and strictly avoid sugar. Search Youtube for these exercise and how to slow metabolism rate.

3 Likes

Re: I Need To Put On Weight, Please Help! by ImpactWorld(m): 8:15am On Jan 08, 2015
ImpactWorld:
Hello Chuksemi,
I did write a brief summary of the weight-gain programme with a download link on this forum. Unfortunately, I think it was lost during the Nairaland data loss.
I have a system that works. The pdf file gives a general guide which if followed, will lead to weight gain.
Also, like I said in the document, for those who want a 1 hour flight from Sokoto to Lagos, instead of 18 hours by road, I also have supplements that can give you rapid results. And yes, they are very safe.
The supplements actually have many vital functions including immune-boosting properties.

Send me a pm if you need the pdf file.

Here is a new link to the pdf file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o0apaitrtm4g26s/Basic%20summary%20of%20the%20Weight%20Gain%20Programme%20by%20Dr%20Nik.pdf?dl=0
Re: I Need To Put On Weight, Please Help! by Simplykay(f): 9:08am On Jan 08, 2015
I do not support taking appetite-inducing pills because of possible side effects. Take a lot of Ice-cream, chocolate, healthy portions of foods rich in carbohydrates such as yam, rice, plantain; use peanut butter instead of plain butter, etc. Then get a lot of rest, do not worry or stress yourself over issues all the time.

2 Likes

Re: I Need To Put On Weight, Please Help! by scarr: 9:12am On Jan 08, 2015
If u need just fat eat plenty protein,
eat one egg everyday,
replace ur butter with peanut butter,
baptise urself with chocolate nd ice cream,
Take plenty vege and water,
U can lay ur hands on with some food supplements but if u work/study during d day stay off all does cypri gold drugs, its a bad thing to be sleep all day and night because u wanna gain weight.
But u shld know all dis things cost money so u need a job or a large allowance to sustain it
.If ure on a budget stick to Egg Fish and BEANS, those are d cheapest protein u can lay ur hands on
In less than 3 months ull be here looking for a gym to trim down all does fat cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Need To Put On Weight, Please Help! by mmonlineuk: 9:22am On Jan 08, 2015
Go and do a thyroid function test. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Need To Put On Weight, Please Help! by cuteposhy(f): 9:48am On Jan 08, 2015
@ op have you tried boost very high calorie protein shake? You can get it from amazon.com...good luck!
Re: I Need To Put On Weight, Please Help! by peteruuu(m): 11:00am On Jan 08, 2015
masonkz:

grin LOL badt guy
grin

#NoTime wink

2 Likes

Re: I Need To Put On Weight, Please Help! by bjreal67(m): 12:26pm On Jan 08, 2015
Our body soma type which is Ectomorph is a kind of limitation to gaining weight. No matter how MUCH we eat or tak multivitamins, we can't force weight on our self only fats, weight comes gradually for US

My advice:-
- Eat nutrient dense meal as they have said, more often. the more varieties in ur meal d more d nutrients.

- Don't over work urself, e.g don't let energy output (exercise or work) b more than d input (food) because our metabolic rate s faster than other soma types.

- Take lot of water n rest well

"if you are not sick or infected with disease, you will see a change. not until you are married b4 a change can emerge

1 Like

Re: I Need To Put On Weight, Please Help! by bjreal67(m): 12:38pm On Jan 08, 2015
Do you have smtn to measure calories with? see Naija has lots of food just eat the one you can afford and prepare forget squash or those foreigners food:.
- rice, stew with fish n plantain
- semo n ogbono with beef
- Amala/apku with ewedu and any meat
- Bean n plantain

guy if u need a food rotation time table for two 2 weeks I can get you one
Re: I Need To Put On Weight, Please Help! by preetyb(f): 12:51pm On Jan 08, 2015
Misogynist2014:
2 cups of bréast milk a day.
try this one
Re: I Need To Put On Weight, Please Help! by mytym(m): 1:30pm On Jan 08, 2015
Xion:
CypriGold... You'll sleep and eat like anything you can think of...
Snap a picture of yourself now
After one month of taking CypriGold snap another

No one will tell you to stop.
yes oo CypriGold works like thunder! within days you'll gain weight....Eat»Sleep»wake to eat » sleep again na so the cycle be. but it has its downsides, reduced metabolism and drowsiness.

caveat: Do not use cyprigold if you're living below 1$ a day coz you will devour anything edible. smiley

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Need To Put On Weight, Please Help! by Originalsly: 1:32pm On Jan 08, 2015
Bro...you said you have a high metabolism rate. You can't change that so regardless of how much and how often you eat nothing would change. The stuff that can actually make you gain weight is steroids/human growth hormones...neither of which is good for your health. In time your metabolism rate would slow down and you would gain weight. For now, I advise you eat healthy and maybe lift weights to be fit...athletic fit you can be but not body builder fit. I'm sure your father or uncles had the same "problem" until a certain age. It's in your genes.
Re: I Need To Put On Weight, Please Help! by netmillionaires(m): 2:11pm On Jan 08, 2015
Abeos:
Was almost creating the same topic when I saw this, am also having d same problem, av got a weight of mere 46kg for almost four years now so I need advice like Chuksemi to increase my weight well enough
I also have the same problem which makes people to believe that I can never be fat. My own problem is that I can't eat much. I will try eating multiple times a day. I am thinking of hitting the gym to see what happens.
I make so much money in online business. When I say so much money, I mean millions of naira per year. I also conduct seminars where I train people but people always wonder if I am really making money myself because of my slim nature. I am tired of being called lepa. More suggestions please!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need To Put On Weight, Please Help! by Chuksemi(m): 2:16pm On Jan 08, 2015
bjreal67:
Do you have smtn to measure calories with? see Naija has lots of food just eat the one you can afford and prepare forget squash or those foreigners food:.
- rice, stew with fish n plantain
- semo n ogbono with beef
- Amala/apku with ewedu and any meat
- Bean n plantain

guy if u need a food rotation time table for two 2 weeks I can get you one
I need it please.

1 Like

Re: I Need To Put On Weight, Please Help! by Chuksemi(m): 2:20pm On Jan 08, 2015
ImpactWorld:

Here is a new link to the pdf file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o0apaitrtm4g26s/Basic%20summary%20of%20the%20Weight%20Gain%20Programme%20by%20Dr%20Nik.pdf?dl=0
Thank you!
Re: I Need To Put On Weight, Please Help! by MissJennifer(f): 3:09pm On Jan 08, 2015
anthoniaz:

Xion you are right.Cyprigold can make one sleep like kpomo and eat like sey tomorrow no dey grin .Another wicked drug that can make one eat like a glutton is "feed fine" cheesy grin

That 'feed fine' is very wicked o....the day I took HALF tablet eh.....all I did was eat n sleep for the next 24 hrs,I vowed never to take it again o....
Re: I Need To Put On Weight, Please Help! by anthoniaz(f): 3:17pm On Jan 08, 2015
MissJennifer:

That 'feed fine' is very wicked o....the day I took HALF tablet eh.....all I did was eat n sleep for the next 24 hrs,I vowed never to take it again o....
cheesy grin
I stopped taking it about 3 years ago.
Re: I Need To Put On Weight, Please Help! by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jan 08, 2015
Trendy247:
Everybody is saying eat this, eat that... what if the OP is som1 who can't afford 3 square meal a day..

Last bullet

@OP, go n mek moni first cos when u do nobody will tel ur body to gain weight
I love you... I mean ur comment o.... that is what my mum normally tell me too... she told me my dad was even thinner than me @ my age... con see my pman now... almost obese
Re: I Need To Put On Weight, Please Help! by Originalsly: 5:07pm On Jan 08, 2015
netmillionaires:

I also have the same problem which makes people to believe that I can never be fat. My own problem is that I can't eat much. I will try eating multiple times a day. I am thinking of hitting the gym to see what happens.
I make so much money in online business. When I say so much money, I mean millions of naira per year. I also conduct seminars where I train people but people always wonder if I am really making money myself because of my slim nature. I am tired of being called lepa. More suggestions please!
But ehmmm......Lepa...the cause of your problem is different from OP. If you eat enough your problem would go away. I wouldn't suggest you use any pharmaceutical to solve your problem....the side effects can be worst than the problem. People can tell you what foods to use that will open hour appetite. I can only suggest weed....use as a tea...or smoke if you do. All natural...non addictive.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

33 Home Remedies To Lose Belly Fat / Please Explain What Genotype AC Is / Heavy Bleeding After Aborting Pregnancy With Cytotec

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.