Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,891 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:53 AM

Opinion: Training Your Child Well - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Opinion: Training Your Child Well (459 Views)

The Real Definition Of Training Your Child The Way He Should Grow / Photo: What Would You Do If You Came Home And Saw Your Child Like This!! / Photo: If Your Visitor Throws Your Child Up Like This, What Will You Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Opinion: Training Your Child Well by favouryemmy: 8:13am On Jan 05, 2015
It is good for us to know that children are a gift from God and properly training them is the resposibility of the parents or guardian. I therefore, wish to highlight one of ways through which you can ensure you child grows up with care.
Children have needs and we should ensure that all their needs are provided. However, never give your child(ren) everything they WANT everytime. Notice that the emphasis is on want. There is a world of difference between wants and needs. Thus I will say 'give them some of the things they want sometimes' and always ensure they always have what they need. Needs are those things that are absolutely necessary for them like food, clothings, footware, shool bag etc. On the other hand, wants may include those things that are not absolutely necessary but they want them. For instance, I've observed that too much sugary food can affect children's health and may cause diarrhoea. If you noticed such in your child and have been adviced to avoid such for them for a while and such child says 'mummy, I want sweet'. You dont have to buy it for him or her. Or expect to take the child to the hospital soon. Such child may begin to cry but as a parent that understands better you stand your ground.
Also, even if you are well to do, if you keep giving your child eveything he/she wants the child will be very used to it growing up. And if a child is used to having all he/she wants everytime, such child might just be encouraged to steal if he does not have his way. Remember, emphasis on wants not needs. Thus, you must teach your child about contentment with what you have. This is a very important lesson.
Im not an expert on children matters but I'm a father, and I studied a little Psychology.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Training Your Child Well by KanwuliaJara: 10:34am On Jan 05, 2015
Avoid RELIGION at ALL COST! kiss

(1) (Reply)

Yahoo Lists Omotola Jalade-ekeinde Among ‘highest-grossing Movie Stars You Have / Neat 2008 Prado Vx For Sale..price 3.6 Million Negotiable (pics) / There Are So Many craddle-robbers Out There

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.