Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,881 members, 7,806,541 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:00 PM

Love/relationship Isn't All About Money. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Love/relationship Isn't All About Money. (7541 Views)

My Fiancee Is All About Money And Fast Foods.. Pls Advise / Signs That Your Relationship Isn't Leading To Marriage,best Outcome-a Baby Mama / If She Isn't Picking Your Calls, Then You Need To Do This Trick (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Love/relationship Isn't All About Money. by Impulse80(m): 2:42pm On Jan 05, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

I am happy someone has good comprehension skills. Not asking me if I can marry a broke nigga, I am sure there are so many Financial status between rich/poor.

So, why is it that when people hear Love isn't all about money, the first question they ask if Can you marry a broke guy?.
There is a big difference between a broke guy and a hustling young man. Even if he is broke, ain't there instances a couple got married and doors started opening?

Yes. My siggy is exactly what I am saying. They are not mutually exclusive...love/money can actually co-exist in a relationship and vice-versa.
The problem is, when people see you marry a rich man, they say it's because of money. Forgetting that a good % of rich men wives suffer neglect.
Love is overrated, money is more overrated and marriage is super overrated.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Love/relationship Isn't All About Money. by Exjoker(m): 2:55pm On Jan 05, 2015
Girls are making themselves look so cheap by asking for money from guys. I wish girls will stop asking for unwarranted money from us.
Re: Love/relationship Isn't All About Money. by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jan 05, 2015
Ab025:
@poster.....i agree with u but the actions of most Nigerian ladies speak otherwise, they find a way to link their luv to money. infact they have succeeded in scaring me to think twice whenever i start trippin nowadays....xpecially now am searching for a woman to make my wife, am now xtra-careful...

i just hope the lots change, its a new year already
you can say that again bro,it's getting harder to differentiate the so called diggers from the 'love diggers'? nowadays.
Re: Love/relationship Isn't All About Money. by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jan 05, 2015
CFCfan:
I'm liking karchisbarbie lately.
This thread is one of the reasons why

She's a smart woman.
But she tackles herself down with her threads.
Now she's says ‘go to the rich and marry for love’ then next she says ‘relationship isn't all about money’. undecided
Re: Love/relationship Isn't All About Money. by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jan 05, 2015
how will u know it is not about money when you are not broke..
Re: Love/relationship Isn't All About Money. by Beamborla(f): 3:18pm On Jan 05, 2015
It's true! Love and relationship is not all about money. That still does not account for the level of stinginess guys exhibit in this our generation... I'm not the asking type neither am I the collecting type but stingy guys irks me a lot. It's really easy to persecute the ladies for asking but I'm sure we all know there are guys out there who feed on ladies and funny enough the ladies involved don't complain, infact, they are always happy and eager to give and would do anything to get that money even if they don't have it at that moment.
Re: Love/relationship Isn't All About Money. by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jan 05, 2015
Aprime:

She's a smart woman.
But she tackles herself down with her threads.
Now she's says ‘go to the rich and marry for love’ then next she says ‘relationship isn't all about money’. undecided

Read my siggy - get the implicit meaning. Then read the thread again and tell me the difference.

Thanks
Re: Love/relationship Isn't All About Money. by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jan 05, 2015
Vocabulary Emeretus!

This is One thread I will gladly read over and over again because....

It concerns guys...smiley...

I ran into this and it reads:...Don't fall in love for money but fall in love where money resides (paraphrased)

Love, to a large extent, is motivated in the presence of money and vice versa (in most relationships).

But, money should not be the yardstick for giving your love to the opposite sex.

What then should be the yard stick? I call it HEART CONVICTION based on countless probing.

Marrying A Wealthy Man HAS SAME RISKS As Marrying A Poor Man! Quote Me Anywhere!

Most wealthy men starve their wives of many things except cash, but is that all the she really wants?

Years ago, I had a colleague who was sleeping with a wealthy man's wife. How? The man was a Rig Worker. He makes millions. Even when he was back, he barely attends to her! The woman was dying for ATTENTION, LOVE, CARE, ROMANCE and SWEET WORDS and my
colleague had all of that! ( I don't support this). A time came, she had to be watching indecency unusually!

PICKS UP MIC: Love and Money are the ingredients I have chosen to spice up my marriage!

To round up: Every guy should look out for one or more trait they love in their to- be wives: that thing that when you see it in her or she acts it spurs your love for her...

Kudos, Kachisbarbie!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Love/relationship Isn't All About Money. by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jan 05, 2015
emusmith:

Vocabulary Emeretus!

This is One thread I will gladly read over and over again because....

It concerns guys...smiley...

I read someone's PM and it reads:...Don't fall in love for money but fall in love where money resides (paraphrased)

To be continued...

Yes, that was my siggy. If at all one should insist on dating/marrying a rich guy, be nice enough to love him too. So that when the money is lacking - there would be something to hold the relationship

People should read before commenting biko, even the title reads...Love/Relationship Isn't ALL ABOUT MONEY!. I can't remember succinctly stating either should be absent - but don't just give the lady money and feel that's all!!

NOW GOD BLESS YOU FOR YOUR MODIFIED POST... smiley
Re: Love/relationship Isn't All About Money. by Etetejake(m): 4:03pm On Jan 05, 2015
I once asked a girl to describe her future husband and she said he must be a rich man. I was the one that added Godfearing and loving for her. over 80% of girls wants a rich dude so that can shop and get everything money can offer. Am just sorry for guys who only want a beautiful flashy attractive babe. Na them they hearam. While telling girls that love is not all about money ,I also want to use this opportunity to tell guys that love is also not all about beauty but character. If u can get a girl who luvs with her heart and not her selfish desire to turn u into ATM maching, the bad ones will change bkx of scarcity of men who are willing to turn to mugu.
Re: Love/relationship Isn't All About Money. by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jan 05, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

Yes, that was my siggy. If at all one should insist on dating/marrying a rich guy, be nice enough to love him too. So that when the money is lacking - there would be something to hold the relationship

People should read before commenting biko, even the title reads...Love/Relationship Isn't ALL ABOUT MONEY!. I can't remember succinctly stating either should be absent - but don't just give the lady money and feel that's all!!

The issue is your grammar, Many don't it: Mutually Exclusive ni? Even after you explained it...lol... If love and basketball could co-habit, then LOVE & MONEY sure can!
Re: Love/relationship Isn't All About Money. by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jan 05, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

money takes the cake in a naija relatioship grin

Re: Love/relationship Isn't All About Money. by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jan 05, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

Read my siggy - get the implicit meaning. Then read the thread again and tell me the difference.

Thanks

ARTICLE - Money + Love.
SIGGY - Money + Love.

So money isn't all there's to nurture a relationship.
It's needs love too. Both siggy and article are on the same wavelength. You're right on this one. Great.
Re: Love/relationship Isn't All About Money. by Cwaya(m): 4:34pm On Jan 05, 2015
emusmith:

Love, to a large extent, is motivated in the presence of money and vice versa (in most relationships).

But, money should not be the yardstick for giving your love to the opposite

Marrying A Wealthy Man HAS SAME RISKS As Marrying A Poor Man! Quote Me Anywhere!

PICKS UP MIC: Love and Money are the ingredients I have chosen to spice up my marriage!

To round up: Every guy should look out for one or more trait they love in their to- be wives: that thing that when you see it in her or she acts it spurs your love for her...

Nice one cool

Money shouldnt be the damn yardstick !!

Re: Love/relationship Isn't All About Money. by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jan 05, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

Bless You, Too. Mrs. Onyekachi wink
Re: Love/relationship Isn't All About Money. by Emaprince: 7:34pm On Jan 05, 2015
Quite true @op...but I'm yet to see both existing in a relationship.

I mean, you'll hardly see a wealthy man in Nigeria who doesn't starve his wife of attention and s.ex..hence,making them look outside..this is because,the richer you get,the more busy you get either by embarking on a business trip all the time or just burying yourself in whatever job you're doing...but then rich men are the ones that keeps uncountable number of side chicks.this will reduce the chances of their wives getting their men's attention too.
There are also poor guys who tries to show their wives all the love they crave for but as far as the money isn't their..smh..the wives still won't be satiated...hence,some of them are tempted to go after richer guys(including rich old men)..I don't know if both can ever go together..
Re: Love/relationship Isn't All About Money. by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jan 05, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

In an ideal situation you would be right. But these days many women see marriage/dating as a poverty alleviation program, so what then would the men do?
Re: Love/relationship Isn't All About Money. by chibic(m): 8:04am On Jan 06, 2015
emusmith:

Years ago, I had a colleague who was sleeping with a wealthy man's wife. How? The man was a Rig Worker. He makes millions. Even when he was back, he barely attends to her! The woman was dying for ATTENTION, LOVE, CARE, ROMANCE and SWEET WORDS and my
colleague had all of that! ( I don't support this). A time came, she had to be watching indecency unusually!

I used to think that for a young man to have an affair with a married woman..then such dude is either jobless or have a very low self esteem..that is,the jobless ones do it cos of the money they will get from their sugar mummies while the low self esteemed ones are unable to toast a woman.hence,they are se.x starved and will accept any opportunity for a free se.x..it baffles me to see a young dude working and doing good for himself descend so low to that..abi young and beautiful singles no dey una side?
Re: Love/relationship Isn't All About Money. by Nobody: 8:07am On Jan 06, 2015
chibic:
I used to think that for a young man to have an affair with a married woman..then such dude is either jobless or have a very low self esteem..that is,the jobless ones do it cos of the money they will get from their sugar mummies while the low self esteemed ones are unable to toast a woman.hence,they are se.x starved and will accept any opportunity for a free se.x..it baffles me to see a young dude working and doing good for himself descend so low to that..abi young and beautiful singles no dey una side?

These things starts gradually...
Re: Love/relationship Isn't All About Money. by vdavydenko: 4:27pm On Jan 24, 2015
Of course no! Money has nothing to do with love at all, in my opinion. My best friend, who is very rich yet very shy person, met his wife on http://www.bridge-of-love.com website. They are very happy together. She is not with him for money at all, it can be seen very lucidly. I am so glad that he found her smiley
Re: Love/relationship Isn't All About Money. by senorova(m): 10:43pm On Mar 01, 2015
How come this didn't make front page?
Or maybe it did.
Lets say I learned a thing or two sha
Re: Love/relationship Isn't All About Money. by kelvinmuffins3(m): 11:00pm On Mar 01, 2015
Money rules bae. . Ain't no love and relationship with out money.. Money gets you your class of girls you should be with and not some kind of local dirty hoes.
Re: Love/relationship Isn't All About Money. by bosun11(m): 2:57pm On Mar 02, 2015
Beamborla:
It's true! Love and relationship is not all about money. That still does not account for the level of stinginess guys exhibit in this our generation... I'm not the asking type neither am I the collecting type but stingy guys irks me a lot. It's really easy to persecute the ladies for asking but I'm sure we all know there are guys out there who feed on ladies and funny enough the ladies involved don't complain, infact, they are always happy and eager to give and would do anything to get that money even if they don't have it at that moment.

You have spoken well
Re: Love/relationship Isn't All About Money. by bosun11(m): 2:58pm On Mar 02, 2015
Only a matured and responsible lady like you can open this thread...IMO..Love is the foundation and Money is needed to sustain that love...dazall

1 Like

Re: Love/relationship Isn't All About Money. by skoagmola(m): 3:11pm On Apr 06, 2015
as for mi money does all
Re: Love/relationship Isn't All About Money. by Youngpo413: 7:12pm On Jul 06, 2015
AbuMikey:
Story for the god!
OP, can You marry a Broke dude?

You may not need money to date someone, but You sure need money to sustain loving that someone.

Any Lady that says they can date a guy without money is just deceiving Herself. undecided

Last Bullet: EVERY Girl is a POTENTIAL Gold digger!

thank u
Re: Love/relationship Isn't All About Money. by Catalyst4real: 7:41pm On Jul 06, 2015
Check out a Shared Experience
[Eroti¢]How I Banged my Neighbour's Daughter
http://catalyst4real.com/i-banged-my-neighbours-daughter/
Re: Love/relationship Isn't All About Money. by GiftyGlee(f): 9:05pm On Jul 06, 2015
AbuMikey:
Story for the god!
OP, can You marry a Broke dude?

You may not need money to date someone, but You sure need money to sustain loving that someone.

Any Lady that says they can date a guy without money is just deceiving Herself. undecided

Last Bullet: EVERY Girl is a POTENTIAL Gold digger!

This is just foolish talk... it's annoying. Love and money MAY be related, but not the way you paint it....and please, all girls are NOT potential gold diggers, some are just not into all this wealth or money.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Love/relationship Isn't All About Money. by GiftyGlee(f): 9:16pm On Jul 06, 2015
All this talk is BULLSHIT!!!!
Are guys born with wealth? so why should it be a criteria if I must date someone

For the guys, are ladies money magnets? why do you conclude that without money we no go gree
the fact that most girls are like that doesn't mean all girls are. Abeg make una no tarnish the image of the innocent ones ooooo

P.S, it is very possible for both Love and money to be present, in their right proportions, in a relationship. It is equally possible for money to be absent and the relationship will survive. But when it's just money, then something is wrong.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Love/relationship Isn't All About Money. by AbuMikey(m): 9:41pm On Jul 06, 2015
GiftyGlee:

This is just foolish talk... it's annoying. Love and money MAY be related, but not the way you paint it....and please, all girls are NOT potential gold diggers, some are just not into all this wealth or money.

I had a rethink, when the other guy quoted Me, and I really think, right now, not all girls are gold diggers. embarassed
Re: Love/relationship Isn't All About Money. by GiftyGlee(f): 1:19am On Jul 07, 2015
AbuMikey:

I had a rethink, when the other guy quoted Me, and I really think, right now, not all girls are gold diggers. embarassed

Oh really? #SMH#
Re: Love/relationship Isn't All About Money. by dataideas: 3:19pm On Oct 25, 2017

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Have You Invited A Girl Over Without Touching Her? / See What This Girl Got For Valentine From Her Boo Abroad! / Why Is My exBoyfriend So Confusing.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.