Stats: 3,149,711 members, 7,805,928 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:34 AM

My Unforgettable Train Experience. Pictures. - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Unforgettable Train Experience. Pictures. (55457 Views)

A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano / Facts About Kogi State And A Nairalander Experience (pictures) / An Unhappy Train Experience From Enugu Railway (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Unforgettable Train Experience. Pictures. by Jwonder(m): 10:27pm On Jan 05, 2015
mcsnup:
i haven't ply that road in 2yrs now, so i can't say i speak with knowledge of certainty but 3 question i love to ask. Is that road up to standard? What is the cost of living in your community, Those your President value the lives of Nigerians...you no there is a saying that if you can afford your own needs, Your OWN Nigeria don better! You smell that school of thought

Ok just have a question... Are you sure you can differentiate between the duties of the Federal,State and Local Government. And you asking if Benin-Ore Road is up to standard shows you know nothing about the change you are clamouring for. I don't want to insult you that's why am trying to be polite, BROS pls if you must criticize, let it be constructive. No wonder do only thing APC are shouting is jona regime is corrupt, they can't lay hands on anything else. GOD BLESS YOU.

Re: My Unforgettable Train Experience. Pictures. by idumuose(m): 10:28pm On Jan 05, 2015
Buhari will never rule Nigeria again.Even in the world to come,he will never rule Nigeria.

A quick reminder of why Buhari is perpetually unelectable

1. Buhari is educationnally challenged
2. Buhari is a religious bigot

3. Buhari has terminal health challenges.

4. Buhari is sympathetic to boko haram

5. Buhari truncated our fledgling democracy in 1983

6. Buhari found his way to the top through Nigeria's corrupt system

Numismatic:
Wow,it so easy to hate, to turn a blind eye to the achievements of someone simply because he is hated and people are tired of his government..all I pray is that buhari would not turn to be the monster that we all feared he is when he is elected all because of hate for the man from otuoke..its really frightening how Nigerians are turning a blind eye to the many evils Buhari perpetrated, saying he has changed, a man doesn't just change over night..it shows how tired nigerians are of the impunity that goes on in the present government..if eventually we vote this man out come February,whatever be the consequences, I hope we nigerians will bear it without complaining..

Re: My Unforgettable Train Experience. Pictures. by Marvin67: 11:06pm On Jan 05, 2015
mcsnup:
i haven't ply that road in 2yrs now, so i can't say i speak with knowledge of certainty but 3 question i love to ask. Is that road up to standard? What is the cost of living in your community, Those your President value the lives of Nigerians...you no there is a saying that if you can afford your own needs, Your OWN Nigeria don better! You smell that school of thought

Even though some people have replied you, I feel obliged to reply you.

1. If you compare the billions OBJ spent on those roads, without achieving anything, you'd appreciate the massive change GEJ has brought to the roads.

2. If you consider how almighty Russia has gone into recession plus hyper inflation, and how the Russian ruble is fast loosing value, you'd appreciate the Nigerian economy, and how our cost of living has remained relatively stable despite the current fall in the price of crude oil.

3. I'd answer that in the words of GEJ, and allow you compare it with what the other candidate once said. In the exact words of GEJ "I've always said, my ambition is not worth the blood of any single Nigerian". Please compare that to what some people once said. Yes. GEJ values life of Nigerian.

Re: My Unforgettable Train Experience. Pictures. by D33VA(f): 11:13pm On Jan 05, 2015
vonn:
Op, why didn't u take ur family along?

How is this relevant to d topic?
Re: My Unforgettable Train Experience. Pictures. by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jan 05, 2015
chudionu58:
Am having serious doubts about this particular train ride or at best the OP is plain insincere.. he technically dodged all questions pertaining to its arrival time, also and most importantly the journey time!!!! Why should I believe this guy? Mtchew!!!
Well nobody is asking you to believe, the guy just shared his wonderful experience. It's unfortunate that you would rather believe that Jonathan stole #20 billion without any evidence to support the lies than believe a picture thread to which many confirm is true. I haven't being on a train before but Jonathan has created the opportunity for me to do so. I hail him.

Re: My Unforgettable Train Experience. Pictures. by Inkredible(m): 11:18pm On Jan 05, 2015
. . [size=30pt]. GOOD [/size]

Re: My Unforgettable Train Experience. Pictures. by bnovative(m): 11:24pm On Jan 05, 2015
Numismatic:
Wow,it so easy to hate, to turn a blind eye to the achievements of someone simply because he is hated and people are tired of his government..all I pray is that buhari would not turn to be the monster that we all feared he is when he is elected all because of hate for the man from otuoke..its really frightening how Nigerians are turning a blind eye to the many evils Buhari perpetrated, saying he has changed, a man doesn't just change over night..it shows how tired nigerians are of the impunity that goes on in the present government..if eventually we vote this man out come February,whatever be the consequences, I hope we nigerians will bear it without complaining..
Nairaland does not in any way represent the views of majority of informed Nigerians.
Buhari is the president of online nairaland subscribers, but Jonathan remains the president of Nigeria till 2019.

Re: My Unforgettable Train Experience. Pictures. by basketbrain(m): 11:29pm On Jan 05, 2015
On reaching Aba, another unforgettable thing happened. A beautiful girl who simply called herself REMI pounced on me with a hug and kiss. She apologized for spying my phone to discover my nairaland handle while I was in the Train's canteen. Though she confessed that we disagree a lot in nairaland, she still described me as a SUPER STAR Nairalander. While I was wishing her lovely warm hug, which has helped me in no small way to cushion the chilling effects of the air conditioning to last forever, she broke the bad news that she's stopping at Aba to buy clothes for her mother's boutique. Chaiii.

Man you've waisted a puxxxy so early in 2015! Its because of situations like this I invented a

On reaching Aba, another unforgettable thing happened. A beautiful girl who simply called herself REMI pounced on me with a hug and kiss. She apologized for spying my phone to discover my nairaland handle while I was in the Train's canteen. Though she confessed that we disagree a lot in nairaland, she still described me as a SUPER STAR Nairalander. While I was wishing her lovely warm hug, which has helped me in no small way to cushion the chilling effects of the air conditioning to last forever, she broke the bad news that she's stopping at Aba to buy clothes for her mother's boutique. Chaiii.

Man you've waisted a puxxxy so early in 2015! Its because of situations like this I invented a

Man you've waisted a puxxxy so early in 2015! Its because of situations like this I invented a QUICKIE! Damn!

Am imagining a quikie+ac+moving train+beautifulgirl+Nairalandress. OP tell us that girl she must plant me a kiss + even more cuss am boarding that train!
Re: My Unforgettable Train Experience. Pictures. by Tonylyte(m): 11:30pm On Jan 05, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
God bless you for appreciating good thing. I expect berem, egift, ilugunboy, gbawe, donphilopus, koboko69, cramjonse, GenBuhari, kelsoft, Omenka, Obiagelli barcanista keneking gbawe demdem, abagworo, Caseless, MichaelSokoto, to join the real progressives like tomakint, Idumuose, atlwireles, Nigerianvenom, chukwudi44, priscaoge, tonte, xcolanto, Sunnybobo3, biafranqueen, truckpusher, theassassin, jujuboy, jesusiscoming, Brownlord, Mogidi, anonimi, noblezone, tit, ishiamu, firefire, babyosisi, blacktechnology, datolee, Billyonaire, taharqa, ujoinme, uchidodo, publisher, gramci, jmaine, Sincere9gerian to celebrate a giant leap.
U didnt include datolee and i na. I am for gej o.

Re: My Unforgettable Train Experience. Pictures. by Jhayeahsam01(m): 11:33pm On Jan 05, 2015
any power, force, parties... that want to spoil The good hand work of gej... be consume And die by fire...

mfm voice

Re: My Unforgettable Train Experience. Pictures. by Mexyz(m): 11:33pm On Jan 05, 2015
ogaprime:

I just hope Nigerians won't carry pressing iron into train so as to iron their cloths because they have a wedding to attend at their destination
Chai bros, I just woke my younger brother up with laughter when I saw this your post. Are you telling me that Nigerians are capable of doing what you wrote up here? hahaha
Re: My Unforgettable Train Experience. Pictures. by Pronmix(m): 11:35pm On Jan 05, 2015
babyosisi:
GEJ till Mbaka wears G string
Shey? I dey feel you joor. #GEJtillForever

Re: My Unforgettable Train Experience. Pictures. by Werehkpe: 11:42pm On Jan 05, 2015
The trains may look good but truth be told they are disappointing.

Look at the schedule and you will see that a trip from [size=15pt]Lagos to Kano takes more than 24 HOURS![/size]

I mean in 2014 we still use these slow trains?

[size=15pt]In UK the same distance by train will take less than 12 hours. Infact it is faster to travel by road from Lagos to Kano than on these slow trains brought in by GEJ. So what is the advantage? Hissss
[/size]

I copied these schedule from the NRC site for all to see

Passenger Train Schedule
The following passenger train services are currently running across the Country.

Lagos - Ilorin (Tuesdays, Fridays & Saturdays)

Departs Iddo 09.00hrs
Arrives Ilorin 18.34hrs of same day.
Ilorin - Lagos (Wednesdays, Saturdays & Sundays)

Departs Ilorin 11.00hrs of Wednesday
Arrives Lagos 20.59hrs of same day.
Departs Ilorin 09.00hrs on Saturdays and Sundays
Arrives Lagos 20.59hrs.
Lagos - Kano (Every Friday)

Departs Iddo 12.00hrs
Arrives Kano 17.01hrs on Saturday.
Kano - Lagos (Every Monday)

Departs Kano 09.00hrs
Arrives Lagos 14.24hrs on Tuesday.
Offa - Kano (Every Tuesday)

Departs Offa 22.00hrs
Arrives Kano 18.05hrs on Wednesday.
Kano - Offa (Every Friday)

Departs Kano 08.30hrs
Arrives 05.35hrs on Saturday.
Minna - Kaduna - Minna (Every Sunday, Monday & Tursday)

Nguru - Kano (Every Tuesday and Friday)

Kaduna Inter-City [Commuter Service] (Mondays - Saturdays)

Lagos Inter-City [Commuter Service] (Monday s - Saturdays)

SOURCE: http://www.nrc-ng.org/services&w=passenger-train-schedule

Re: My Unforgettable Train Experience. Pictures. by vonn(f): 11:51pm On Jan 05, 2015
D33VA:

How is this relevant to d topic?
Can't I ask a question again?

Btw

Are you op?
Re: My Unforgettable Train Experience. Pictures. by WINDSOW(m): 12:11am On Jan 06, 2015
idumuose:

Are you not ashamed that your party is fielding an illiterate as it's presidential candidate?

Aren't you supposed to bow your head in shame for watching helplessly when your party in it's mediocrity chose an illiterate over a professor of law.

Buhari's preference as APC's presidential candidate is an insult to those who went to school.

[size=17pt]#Buhari Show Us Your Certificate# [/size]
ofcourse Buhari aint illiterate cos if he was,he wouldn't be certified fit to contest.
U should walk unclad for having a president who doesn't know what to do or what bouyant steps to take to ameliorate the decay in the economy of tis State.
GEJ came in by sympathy frm the populace not his ability.Rem'ba every1 voted GEJ not PDP.If u must be sincere,Ur President look confused n clueless.He doesn't have the technical know-how to manage affairs.
He is fondly rem'bered for statements like 'We ll set up a committe to investigate it','we are on top of the situation','Citizens shudnt be afraid bt go on with their legitimate duties'.
Pls Mr. U n ur retarted GEJ shud vacate the planet cos reasonable fellows like GMB|PYO have a lot to offer.
GMB till SaTAN gives his life to Jesus
Re: My Unforgettable Train Experience. Pictures. by HzRF(m): 1:13am On Jan 06, 2015
berem:
So you were smooching a female nairalander in the train all in the name of seeking comfort? Your moniker says it all.

h
Dem no dey. Smooch u
Re: My Unforgettable Train Experience. Pictures. by Truckpusher(m): 1:27am On Jan 06, 2015
HzRF:
h
Dem no dey. Smooch u
Dem dey smooch her scatter still give her peanuts to type her gibberish that she calls a comment.

Being dumb is synonymous to APC supporters don't blame her blame hungry that has no shame.

Re: My Unforgettable Train Experience. Pictures. by Truckpusher(m): 1:38am On Jan 06, 2015
idumuose:

Flesh and blood did not reveal this to you.It is my heavenly father who hath revealed it to you.GEJ until 2019.

I saw two big birds flying but the third gaunt looking bird refused to fly.When i tried to make the bird fly,low and behold,a voice said

"Idumuose,idumuose, that gaunt hungry looking bird cannot fly for i have rejected it. Buhari has been rejected "

[size=17pt]Show Us Your Certificate Buhari Pull Over[/size]
I love this guy. grin

Phockphockman,may God bless your hands restlessly with wealth greater than that of solomon........claim it in Jesus name

Re: My Unforgettable Train Experience. Pictures. by Vinsaint(m): 1:40am On Jan 06, 2015
Am very impressed with what i'm seeing hia. Rail traveling back again in Naija
after many year wauw! Thanks GEJ for making it possible. I hope who ever shall
win up coming election will make POWER ( Energy)a permanent thing.

Back to de train matter... De train exterior looks pretty old skool but de interior
of de first class looks good. i hope to travil with it one day, if i visit home.

This system of traveling will save millions of lives dat could be lost through
road accients and reduce road traving congestions. Is one of de selfest ways of traveling.
wink
Re: My Unforgettable Train Experience. Pictures. by fixzylani: 1:43am On Jan 06, 2015
in a country with resources as plenty as ours. we are celebrating coal train? i'm for none of the candidates as they are all same at the end of the daybut this isnt something worth celebrating. nigeria after 54 years using coal train? iddo to ibadan is 6hours? lagos to kano 24hours? look at the kinds of train launched in addis ababa. lets not wallow in mediocrity. we are so used to failure that we are now celebrating the most mundane things. gej is working? and we are generating less than 4000MW of power as a nation. look at it this way heathrow airport in the uk alone consumes 6000MW. here we are celebrating charcoal train? how many nations in the world still uses one of those? how many 'underdeveloped' nations buys arms that still uses infrared for their army? travel outside the nation to countries with lesser resources you would feel sorry for the state of our nation. look at the economic indices. look at exchange rate. people die in this country daily gej didnt deem it fit to mourn with them but his sister died he called off all activities. lets face some reality here. they are selfish set of people. one life isnt greater than the lives of thousands already lost. look at the state of our nation. with all our resources we are the 7th poorest nation in the world. one eighth of our nation wealth is cornered by just 12 citizens out of 170million. yes we have train but is this the quality we should be celebrating in 21st century? lets not fool ourselves and bask in mediocrity. ask yourself have you been served well? 70,000 people are expected to lose their jobs this month. add that to the already growing unemployment rate. our gdp is dropping. we have the lowest gdp amongst all oil producing states in the world. ask yourselves if we wanna keep recycling plans and activities.

as for the OP. he deserves reelection because you got on his train? thats a good reason to vote a president after 6 years? im amazed. is nigeria any better from 2007? with the growing rate of insecurity whats the hope for us and our kids? youre obviously happy that you made your kid smile after you got on the train. as a good dad its understandable but wouldnt you be happier if you knew the future of that kid is secure and safe? whats the first job of the president? protect citizens and properties. have we been protected enough?

at this juncture id like to clearly state that im non partisan and wont vote for either candidates. id rather not vote at all.

PS. coming from an economist. pls dont exhaust all your money this year. save pls. the economic climate is not looking favorable. dont fall victim of incompetence. you dont believe me? google the facts about the prospects of our economy.

thank you and God bless as you decide who leads you

Re: My Unforgettable Train Experience. Pictures. by Truckpusher(m): 1:49am On Jan 06, 2015
brito:

No be small wayo station
As in eh...the wayo be like who dey hide and seek. grin

This Amaechi sha! the thunder wey go fire your household still get belle grin

Re: My Unforgettable Train Experience. Pictures. by Truckpusher(m): 1:52am On Jan 06, 2015
fixzylani:
in a country with resources as plenty as ours. we are celebrating coal train? i'm for none of the candidates as they are all same at the end of the daybut this isnt something worth celebrating. nigeria after 54 years using coal train? iddo to ibadan is 6hours? lagos to kano 24hours? look at the kinds of train launched in addis ababa. lets not wallow in mediocrity. we are so used to failure that we are now celebrating the most mundane things. gej is working? and we are generating less than 4000MW of power as a nation. look at it this way heathrow airport in the uk alone consumes 6000MW. here we are celebrating charcoal train? how many nations in the world still uses one of those? how many 'underdeveloped' nations buys arms that still uses infrared for their army? travel outside the nation to countries with lesser resources you would feel sorry for the state of our nation. look at the economic indices. look at exchange rate. people die in this country daily gej didnt deem it fit to mourn with them but his sister died he called off all activities. lets face some reality here. they are selfish set of people. one life isnt greater than the lives of thousands already lost. look at the state of our nation. with all our resources we are the 7th poorest nation in the world. one eighth of our nation wealth is cornered by just 12 citizens out of 170million. yes we have train but is this the quality we should be celebrating in 21st century? lets not fool ourselves and bask in mediocrity. ask yourself have you been served well? 70,000 people are expected to lose their jobs this month. add that to the already growing unemployment rate. our gdp is dropping. we have the lowest gdp amongst all oil producing states in the world. ask yourselves if we wanna keep recycling plans and activities.

as for the OP. he deserves reelection because you got on his train? thats a good reason to vote a president after 6 years? im amazed. is nigeria any better from 2007? with the growing rate of insecurity whats the hope for us and our kids? youre obviously happy that you made your kid smile after you got on the train. as a good dad its understandable but wouldnt you be happier if you knew the future of that kids is secure and safe? whats the first job of the president? protect citizens and properties. have we been protected enough?

at this juncture id like to clearly state that im non partisan and wont vote for either candidates. id rather not vote at all.

PS. coming from an economist. pls dont exhaust all your money this year. save pls. the economic climate is not looking favorable. dont fall victim of incompetence. you dont believe me? google the facts about the prospects of our economy.

thank you and God bless as you decide who leads you
Sorry Mr by-force grammarian ....here in the South no one is bombing us and we are not ready to cry more than the bereaved so we are enjoying our cheap affordable trains.

Re: My Unforgettable Train Experience. Pictures. by fixzylani: 1:57am On Jan 06, 2015
Truckpusher:
Sorry Mr by-force grammarian ....here in the South no one is bombing us and we are not ready to cry more than the bereaved so we are enjoying our cheap affordable trains.

i'd like to assume youre a nigerian? the lives of those killed dont matter as youre not affected? just what if its the south thats affected? would you say same thing? and you know your last statement is full blown mediocrity?

Re: My Unforgettable Train Experience. Pictures. by chebeoc(m): 2:12am On Jan 06, 2015
Because some people decide to kill themselves for no reasons won't stop others to be happy when good things happen for their side.

i'd like to assume youre a nigerian? the lives of those killed dont matter as youre not affected? just what if its the south thats affected? would you say same thing? and you know your last statement is full blown mediocrity?

Re: My Unforgettable Train Experience. Pictures. by fixzylani: 2:16am On Jan 06, 2015
at no point have i said it is not a good thing. my point is this isnt something worth celebrating. there are bigger better fish to fry. why do the smallest and make it seem lie youre messiah. lets be honest with ourselves realistically. has this man done enough for nigerian? not the south alone. And militants too rose one time too remember?
Re: My Unforgettable Train Experience. Pictures. by Truckpusher(m): 2:20am On Jan 06, 2015
anonimi:

Thanks for your efforts man. GEJ will win by a very wide margin Insha Allah on Valentine's Day.

Meanwhile Asiri in yoruba normally means secret but also means gossip. More LINGUSITIC evidence of the relationship between Igbos and yorubas.

Have a 2015 filled with fulfilled & delivered promises grin
Concerning this linguistic evidence you talked about ,I came across some research documents about Ethnic studies and Linguistic connection amonsgt Nigerian tribes before colonisation and I noticed that from their studies they found out that for every distinct tribe there is a linguistic connection between them and a larger tribe closer to them thereby forming a ring that ensures that every tribes becomes some kind of melting pot by sharing same linguistic attribute to enable trade and intermarriage.

That goes a great length to prove that our ancestors had a well organised society that was normal before the whitemen came with their own version of how a society should be living their lives, calling ours barbaric and backward just to plunder and pillage.

Back to topic; Can you believe that one thing I find funny about this research was that :This beautiful research that was meant to foster ethnic harmony was stopped after Nigeria's democracy was truncated and the military took over - it is either the folks that were carrying out these researches were never funded again or they simply left the country and never came back because of the political suppression and gagging of the citizenry not to associate freely without police harassment or being labelled any name to just imprison them and put fear into the populace that you can be arrested for saying the right thing in the wrong place and guess who was in power back then, General mohamadu Buhari undecided

If Abacha should wake up and join APC today many Nigerians especially from the South West will still vote for him.....smh

No coup plotter should smell the seat of power in this country at any cost - Mohamadu Buhari will not mount that seat till death lest one day we would wake up to Asari Dokubo's demands, figthing tool and nail with vested interest to become our President.

Nigerians should wake up becos APC is not the change we wanted.

Re: My Unforgettable Train Experience. Pictures. by DaBullIT(m): 2:26am On Jan 06, 2015
[size=16pt]Yeah,

You are comfortable showing us other people's faces but not yours

The first train and second train pictures are not the same , the models are not the same , so how come you said its first class coach if those two pictures don't fit together ? ? ?

I smell lies, I smell propaganda [/size]
Re: My Unforgettable Train Experience. Pictures. by Truckpusher(m): 2:29am On Jan 06, 2015
fixzylani:

As long as a certain region held this great country down for almost four decades only to threaten to cause chaos because some other person they have no respect for is on that mantle of leadership ,let the North burn until they are tired of killing themselves.

There is no mediocrity in what I said ,Normally I would always say that to bad belle people though you aren't different from them.So, waka pass no look back there is no vacancy in Aso Rock till 2019. tongue

Re: My Unforgettable Train Experience. Pictures. by fixzylani: 2:31am On Jan 06, 2015
DaBullIT:
[size=16pt]Yeah,

The first train and second train pictures are not the same , the models are not the same , so how come you said its first class coach if those two pictures don't fit together ? ? ?

i noticed the color differences too but you know how volatile these nairalanders are? they'd turn intellectual conversation to personal insults.
Re: My Unforgettable Train Experience. Pictures. by chebeoc(m): 2:32am On Jan 06, 2015
[quote author=fixzylani post=29529643]at no point have i said it is not a good thing. my point is this isnt something worth celebrating. there are bigger better fish to fry. why do the smallest and make it seem lie youre messiah. lets be honest with ourselves realistically. has this man done enough for nigerian? not the south alone. And militants too rose one time too re member?

The question is who have done enough for nigerians before, all the past leaders always empower their people without doing anything for the country and people don't have any problems with them because they talks tough, but here's a man who is working in every part of the country, but people see him as weak person because he's civil in character.
Re: My Unforgettable Train Experience. Pictures. by Truckpusher(m): 2:33am On Jan 06, 2015
DaBullIT:
[size=16pt]Yeah,

He already gave you the address of the train stations.Now all you've got to do is to move your broke assss and find out for yourself instead of sitting down and crying like a fat baby with a wet smelly pampers. shocked

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

5 Most Rugged States In Nigeria. / Uche Elendu's Arik Air Flight From Lagos To Asaba Crash Lands At A Remote Area / This Train Passes Directly Through A 19 Storey Residential Building In China

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108