Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:40 AM

unHOLY MATRIMONY - Literature (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / unHOLY MATRIMONY (170186 Views)

The Matrimony, The Blessing: A Mothers advice and prayers for the Daughter / Holy Matrimony, A Novel / Patron Of Matrimony Shortlisted For ACT Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (57) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 5:47am On May 06, 2015

Chapter 50

Sometimes we play with love, but when the time comes and you finally realize that you want to get serious, love plays with you.

Tade's phone rang on the bed. He quickly reached out for it but hissed when he saw Teniola. He dropped the phone and ignored the incoming messages. He knew they were from her.

Teniola had turned out to be even more materialistic than Bola. She had demanded for a bigger apartment, a fancy car and trip to Dubai, all within two months of their relationship. He had decided to ignore her completely.

"Thank God I never had unprotected sex with her, no fear of pregnancy" he said aloud.

For the past one week, Wande had not called him and he was getting worried. She had not even paid the usual stipend into his account. Each time his phone rang, he wished it was her call. Each time he received messages on his phone, he prayed they were her pleading words. Somehow, he had missed her and wanted her back. He had even packed his things, just waiting for that final call from her.

"Humm huumm" his nokia phone vibrated on the bed.

Only a few people called him on that line, luckily, teniola wasn't one of them. He picked it and checked the screen. Daddy calling.

"Hello, sir!"

"Ba wo ni o, Tade? Se alaafia ni?" His father greeted him.

"Alafia ni sir, hope there is no problem?" Tade asked. His father hardly called when he was supposed to be at work. He had lied to him that his business was doing very fine, and that all the money he was making was from the business.

Papa Johnson coughed and cleared his throat on the other end. "Are you at work, my son?"

"Em, yes sir." He got up from the bed and sat on the sofa, as if that would suddenly make his father believe he was in the office.

"Charles was her------" Papa Johnson said

"Charles? Is he crazy? I told him it's over between us! What else does he want?" He held his phone so tight he could almost feel it break in his palm. He loosened his hold a bit, then continued, "has he left?"

"Yes, son. He wants me to help him beg you. As a father, I'm appealing to you to forgive him, please." His father pleaded on the phone.

Tade respected his father's opinion a lot. He frowned his face and thought of what Charles did. for one, he had successfully sent Anna away from his life. In fact, Anna had initiated divorce proceedings and the divorce was almost final. Not only that, charles had lost his business, his money and dignity. He had sent several people to Tade, had even visited his office several times, but Tade was determined not to forgive him until he was out of his own shiit hole.

"I promise I'll consider that sir. By the way, when last did Wande call?" He asked his father

"Ha, she hasn't called this week o"

That got Tade even more worried. Very unlike Wande not to call his father in a week. "Ok sir, I'll call you as soon as I get back home."

"Ok, take care."

He ended the call and picked his android. Finally, he scrolled to Wande and pressed the call button. She picked on the third ring.

"Hello, Tade!" She sounded bright, without him, and happy. He didn't like that. It's that Teju girl and I'll separate them, he thought.

"I want you to know I've forgiven you and I do love you more than you can imagine." He gave her time to digest what he just said. He knew he meant it. When she didn't respond, he continued, "I'll be coming home tomorrow."

The line went silent for sometime till tade broke the silence again.
"Are you still there, Wande?"

"I'm here. Just that em...em...em...we may need to talk first about you coming home"

Tade was shocked. "What's going on, Wande? I've missed the twins, and you especially. I love you and I want to come home"

"Nothing at all. I'll come and see you at home at the close of work today"

"Baby, let's postpone it all till I get home. But if you like, you can come and help me move."

"Okay, I'll drop by today" she said solemnly.

He chuckled and threw a punch in the air in celebration.
Finally, he was going back to Wande's pampering and world of luxury.

Too late, Wande thought, as she hung up on the other end.

1 Like

Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Calmdove(f): 6:42am On May 06, 2015
Hmmm tade it 2 late....i believe tade must suffer but it is just begining***lolz** wande-dear, even thou what u did really pain me and i was disappointed,i av forgiven u and i pray dat u and segun wil get marry sumday....
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by harjibolar10(m): 6:44am On May 06, 2015
candy:

Chapter 50

Sometimes we play with love, but when the time comes and you finally realize that you want to get serious, love plays with you.

Think that's whats about happening to Tade right now

Warin dey do this wande self, what can I call this wande now? A decent housewife or the contrary? Ah swear wande bad pass Bola.

And Tade, you are still running for you wife, you will have to accept the fact that you and bola are made for eachother.

Kee0 em coming ma'am
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by sammyomotola: 6:53am On May 06, 2015
Plx dont give him room ooh
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 7:00am On May 06, 2015
Too late!!! Tade u don enter am dis tym around..... *adjusts nd sits well* Let me see hw he will come out of d trouble.

Wande is now behaving lyk a normal human being.....She should go 4 Segun jare....

Candy......... m following till d end..
Thanks 4 d updates.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Teespice(f): 7:55am On May 06, 2015
I like wande's character

she might be the very emotional type but when it's time to move on, her type will do it ruthlessly and without looking back.

as for tade, you are only reaping the fruits of what you sowed. do you miss wande or you miss the perks of being married to a rich woman.

ma'am candy, kudos.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by SexySapphire(f): 8:31am On May 06, 2015
I knew it that Wande is pregnant and I'm so happy that my wishes has finally come into manifestation. I DON'T blame Wande one bit, afterall we are all humans. Now, I wanna see how Tade will take the news. I'm just so happy. U're bae candy.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by ruffhandu: 10:24am On May 06, 2015
@ the update, exactly what happens in life, one person dying for the other who's just making shakara. The wise ones know when to stop the shakara and give in. But the foolish ones keep at it, untill it's too late, just like the poo Tade is in now. He may make efforts to win her back, but will be repelled by the new development. Only the very wise and smart would say at this stage, "I forgive you for all". After all, they were not celibates themselves during the break.

I dey here.

1 Like

Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 11:50am On May 06, 2015
Tade its really too late
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by seunviju(f): 11:53am On May 06, 2015
Oniranu ni Tade yi,abeg maam Candy,put more action into this Wande talk o that Tade will get the shock of his life.Team segun and wande.Thanks for the update,welldone
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by missviva(f): 2:42pm On May 06, 2015
Dats my Wande!! So proud of ‎​you girl,time 4 payback! Tade the game is just beginning...yipee #teamWande#.....tnx a bunch ma'A̶̲̥̅♍ candy
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by kenwins(f): 6:51pm On May 06, 2015
Candilicious!!! I'm loving this. cheesy cheesy
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by supernet4(f): 12:39pm On May 07, 2015
Hmmmmmm, tade
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Missmossy(f): 1:26pm On May 07, 2015
Ghen-ghen really enjoying this change of things, Wande deserves to be happy she has really suffered. She should stick to Segun biko grin i hope they are gonna have a set of twins! cheesy Kudos Candy smiley

3 Likes

Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by stuff46(m): 2:24pm On May 07, 2015
Tha slu.t of a girl wande is just not here.
Tade please when she tell you that rubbish just dump her as.s and move on with life as a player.

grin If everyone is against you, me and skimpledawg are with you.

Candy, thanks for the updates.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by harjibolar10(m): 3:11pm On May 07, 2015
I go along with you jare
stuff46:
Tha [size=16pt]slu.t[/size] of a girl wande is just not here.
Tade please when she tell you that rubbish just dump her as.s and move on with life as a player. his baby mama *bola*

grin If everyone is against you, me and skimpledawg are with you.

Candy, thanks for the updates.
Even me @bold.ed

But player, I no gree
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by lauda(f): 3:31pm On May 07, 2015
#TeamWande# Mama Candy! thanks for updating.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by kingphilip(m): 4:45pm On May 07, 2015
Two wrongs doesn't make a right and it won't start today

Revenge breeds revenge and that's d worst of issues

It's high time both of them put off the pressure n make their marriage work

Wande moving on changes nothing but those throwing their weights behind Wande can they honestly answer this question for me?? If u all were segun what will u do when you hear that a married woman like Wande u have feelings for, the children she had was out of wedlock even when she was lawfully married

Both of them to me committed the same offense they should come together, mend the fences n take the family forward

Candy nice one
Sorry for my inconsistencies, I'm in camp and we've bin having light issues so I couldn't make it to NL
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by harjibolar10(m): 5:43pm On May 07, 2015
kingphilip:
Two wrongs doesn't make a right and it won't start today

Revenge breeds revenge and that's d worst of issues

It's high time both of them put off the pressure n make their marriage work

Wande moving on changes nothing but those throwing their weights behind Wande can they honestly answer this question for me?? If u all were segun what will u do when you hear that a married woman like Wande u have feelings for, the children she had was out of wedlock even when she was lawfully married?
This is a simple case, only if all of us watch/observe from that perspective.

Now to the question ; I will be disappointed, and I'm not too sure of what I can do, only if I were to be segun

Both of them to me committed the same offense they should come together, mend the fences n take the family forward
I don't that is the solution now, thou they both must have committed the same offence, but wande has already worsen the issue, by what she did with her lover, and also what the outcome is.

How's the camp going sir?
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 7:20pm On May 07, 2015
HELLO MY FELLOW LITERATURE-LANDERS, THIS IS ADEH39, THIS IS TO INFORM U THAT THE MISS NAIRALAND 2015 CONTEST IS CURRENTLY GOING ON, AND I AM ONE OF THE CONTESTANTS. I CAN'T DO IT ALONE, I NEED THE HELP OF U GUYS, I WILL HAVE NOTHING TO FEAR IF I HAVE YOU PEOPLE AT MY BACK. PLS, HELP UR LITTLE SISTER BY VOTING FOR ME WHEN THE TIME COMES, THE CAMPAIGN IS CURRENTLY GOING ON NOW........ PLS I NEED VOLUNTEERS 4 D CAMPAIGN TOO... VOLUNTEERS SHOULD KINDLY VISIT THE CAMPAIGN THREAD AND DO THE NEEDFUL, PLS I NEED ALL THE HELP I CAN GET FROM U GUYS. YOUR VOTES COUNTS. THANKS.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 7:32pm On May 07, 2015
Hmmm...nice to see different opinions aired. But let's not forget that:
Segun is not aware that the twins are not Wande's husband's. How will he feel if he gets to know?

Charles is not aware he's the father of Wande's twins. What will he do if he gets to know?

Sade is supposedly carrying Segun's baby and she has the support of Segun's mum.

How is Bola doing?

What will happen to Tade? No money, no money spinning Wande, no worthy business...

Many more...

Thanks all ye lovely people for following. By God's grace, update coming later tonight or tomorrow.

@stuff46 and skimpledawg, so you don't think Wande deserves some happiness ni? Upon all your Tade did to her! Okay o.

@kingphilip, how camp na? Hope you are not in boko area. Take care.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by harjibolar10(m): 8:15pm On May 07, 2015
adeh39:
HELLO MY FELLOW LITERATURE-LANDERS,
THIS IS ADEH39,
THIS IS TO INFORM U THAT THE MISS
NAIRALAND 2015 CONTEST IS CURRENTLY
GOING ON, AND I AM ONE OF THE
CONTESTANTS.
I CAN'T DO IT ALONE, I NEED THE HELP OF U
GUYS, I WILL HAVE NOTHING TO FEAR IF I HAVE
YOU PEOPLE AT MY BACK.
PLS, HELP UR LITTLE SISTER BY VOTING FOR
ME WHEN THE TIME COMES, THE CAMPAIGN IS
CURRENTLY GOING ON NOW........
PLS I NEED VOLUNTEERS 4 D CAMPAIGN TOO...
VOLUNTEERS SHOULD KINDLY VISIT THE
CAMPAIGN THREAD AND DO THE NEEDFUL, PLS I
NEED ALL THE HELP I CAN GET FROM U GUYS.
YOUR VOTES COUNTS.
THANKS.
here is the link to the campaign thread
https://www.nairaland.com/2299475/miss-nairaland-contest-2015-campaign/38

Jahbless
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Skimpledawg(m): 3:36am On May 08, 2015
candy:

@stuff46 and skimpledawg, so you don't think Wande deserves some happiness ni? Upon all your Tade did to her! Okay o.

Wat kind of happiness candy!! Wande slept wit 2 difft guys, remba she is marid. She got no moral leverage whatsoever to ask for 4gvnez! Abegiiiee

#teamTade grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 5:15am On May 08, 2015

Tade gazed into the TV screen without seeing a thing. He knotted his fingers into a fist and banged it on the bed. He checked the clock for the umpteenth time since he sat waiting for Wande's arrival. The time was 6:04pm. He gawked at the wall and punched the remote control repeatedly.

He picked his phone and scrolled to her name, but he changed his mind- he had called her five times within the hour. He was excited about going back home. Yes, home. Wande was so good natured, so easy to please. A sweet woman with a heart of gold.

He glanced through the window again, then let his eyes rest on his packed bags. He had three of them. Ready for onward movement back home.

When Wande had first offered to come to his house at the close of work, he wasn't too comfortable. He had preffered to drive himself home to meet her. He thought of the way he had treated her through the years of their marriage and guilt began to tug at his heartstrings. Time to make it all up to her.

Just when the waiting made him weary, the doorbell rang. Tade answered it. He was taken aback by Wande's appearance. She wore a short, above the knee red dress, her long weave let down below the shoulders, she completed the look with a lovely black pair of high heeled pumps. Her face was well made up and she looked slimmer.

"Hi, Tade." She greeted him

"Hi, dear" he gave her a hug.

Something was bothering her, he knew that.

"Are you ok, babe?"

She nodded. She sat on the single sofa and looked round. Visiting him in his apartment was a bad idea, she was certain. But where else could she have dropped her bombshell? He deserved some respect, she thought.

"Tade, there is a new development." She starred at her feet, unable to look him straight in the eye. "I think you were right, we are better away from each other"

He stopped short in his stride. He was already moving his bags outside.

"Wha...what...what do you mean, Wande?"

She twisted her fingers nervously. Tade could get violent any moment, she was conscious of that. She stood up to prepare herself better for defense.

"In the days we've been apart, I've realised I no longer love you. I don't want to be in this marriage again" she told him.

Tade drew closer to her, dropping the suitcase he was holding. He held her and shook her, sending cold shivers down her spine. "In the days we've been apart, I have come to realise how much I love you! How much I need you and the twins. I don't care about the past!" He was almost pleading.

She brought out a huge brown envelope and stretched it towards him. "Here, take. It will help you get back on your feet."

When he didn't take it, she dropped it on the table and said, "in the envelope you have a check for N5M, the keys to your CRV and your toyota corolla. You can choose to keep the Range and leave the toyota corolla. I also have decided to hand over the documents of the bungalow at Onireke. All for you, Tade."

"You can't do this to me, Wande! You can't throw all those years away just like that!" Suddenly, his knees gave way and he leaned against the wall for support. "I can't throw all the years away for money, house and cars!"

Tears welled up in her eyes. She hadn't expected it to be this emotional. The Tade she knew would have grabbed the offer of money, cars and house. He was making it so difficult for her.

"Tade, please!"

"Who is he? Segun?" He asked quietly

She didn't answer.

"I know there is someone there, Wande." He finally wiped his eyes with the back of his hands, betraying his calm exterior. He was actually shedding tears and Wande was shocked.

"I'm sorry, Tade! I really am" she picked the envelope again and put it in his hands. Finally, tade took it and dropped it on his bed without looking at the content. He knew he had to find a way to get her back.

Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 5:20am On May 08, 2015

Chapter 51

"So, what did he say?" Teju asked excitedly

"He didn't take it lightly at all." Wande answered her. She looked at her twins and was moved to pity. Joseph and josephine had their eyes fixed on the nickelodeon cartoon channel in the second sitting room. They've been asking her about 'daddy' and she had kept saying he traveled. But for how long? She shook her head and faced her friend. "It's not been easy on the kids. I don't know what changing father will do to them now! I don't even know what..." She sobbed quietly.

Teju moved closer to her and held the sobbing woman to her chest. "Wande, is there something you are scared of? Is there something you've not told me?" She asked.

Wande heaved a deep sigh, wiped her face. She knew with all her flaws, she could trust Teju with her secret. She leaned towards her and whispered,

"Teju, Charles is the biological father of the twins and I don't know how Segun will take the news or how Charles will take it! That was why tade moved out"

Teju moved back in shock. She held her hands to her bosoms, jaw drooping. "How?" Was all she could manage to ask

"It's a long story"

Teju perched on the arm of her sofa, "I'm all ears dear"

Wande sighed again. Without mincing words, she narrated her ordeal to Teju who listened with rapt attention. Luckily, Joy the live-in maid was on her day off. Silence filled everywhere as Wande whispered her secret in Teju's ears.

"So, that's it" she concluded, starring at her childhood friend for a reaction.

"Wow! Wow! Wow! Wande!" Teju stood up and paced the room. She stood by the window and listened to the sound of the generator. The power situation had been so bad that even the inverter couldn't be powered.

Wande looked up to her, hoping she'll say something.

"Have you told charles, or are you ever planning to tell him?" She managed to ask

"Not at all. Though, I'm not ruling out the possibility of him knowing in future"

"And Segun?"

"I've not, I really don't want to lose him and I don't know how he'll react if I tell him now"

"Hmm." Teju sat on the sofa, "I guess you'll allow nature to run its course then. No point telling either of them. By the way, who else is privy to this info?" She asked, seriously

Wande considered her question seriously. "I think it's just my mum and Tade."

"What if Tade told someone else, who told someone else?" She asked

"Tade is not really like that. He is very discreet"

Teju rolled her eyeballs and twisted her lips. Her dislike of Tade will not let her see anything good in him.

"Ok, if you say so." She stood up and tied her fancy silk wrapper properly. She checked the time, it was 7:00pm. Her driver waited outside.

"Are you going?" Wande asked

"I'll soon start going. My husband will be back by 8pm and I need to heat his food. You know he won't let my maid serve him." She smiled. "Besides, the kids will be back from their karate class. Right about now."

Wande wiped her eyes. She felt relieved that she was able to share her secret with her Bff. "Thanks for being there for me, Teju" she hugged her

"My pleasure, Wande. What are friends for? Just make sure it stays a secret. We'll think of what to do." She ran her fingers through her Brazilian weave and checked herself in her pocket sized mirror, more out of habit. She picked her bag and bade the twins good night. She walked to the door, Wande at her heels.

"Take care dear." She hugged wande tight as they reached the porch. Wande watched her step into the waiting SUV and waved good night. She felt lucky to be blessed with such a wonderful friend.

2 Likes

Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by harjibolar10(m): 6:34am On May 08, 2015
I have this mixed feeling, With teju knowing what wande oruginally look like, and I hope that won't hurt that yeye wande more. ..

Charles, I still dey use one eye look at you ooo, make you no. .. Wait oo, Charles still think say, na because he dey bleeep bola, na hin make Tade mad at him like that, I hope he know its far beyond that...

Tade, I think the offer is still good for now ooo, you have nothing to lose mehn

#TeamTade&Bola
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by sammyomotola: 7:01am On May 08, 2015
i can c charlse coming 4 payback on wande 4 d twins
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 7:30am On May 08, 2015
harjibolar10:
I have this mixed feeling, With teju knowing what wande oruginally look like, and I hope that won't hurt that yeye wande more. ..

Charles, I still dey use one eye look at you ooo, make you no. .. Wait oo, Charles still think say, na because he dey bleeep bola, na hin make Tade mad at him like that, I hope he know its far beyond that...

Tade, I think the offer is still good for now ooo, you have nothing to lose mehn

#TeamTade&Bola
You are right, he doesn't know Tade is aware of the Wande part. He doesn't even know he's the father of her twins.
BTW, you think he should go for Wande's offer? Well, he may be thinking he'll get more if he stays married to her

@sammyomotola, Charles can only come back if he knows about the twins. Wande is not planning to tell him.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by ruffhandu: 8:34am On May 08, 2015
Hello Candy,

Nice work.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 9:09am On May 08, 2015
[quote author=ruffhandu post=3353112
Nice work.[/quote]
Mod. Thanks.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by lauda(f): 9:16am On May 08, 2015
Hmmmm...This is getting complicated!
It's funny how wande who was the innocent, angelic person at the beginning of the story became the victim of circumstances.
i really feel for her so much. #TeamWande#

Thanks Candy, for this candylicious story!
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 9:56am On May 08, 2015
candy:
What's going on peeps? I know I've been extremely busy but I really do miss your comments...suggestions, constructive criticism...

To the following run away followers of this story, i have missed your presence the most:

QueenTolpatx
ruffhandu
Kingphilip
Cybershow
Tsodjete
Lovingangel
Sade01
Zyzxx
Tescoleps
Hameenat94
Debdave
Seunviju
Snowangel
Eniqurl
Labaski
Candis009
Cyclone1
AmJane
pricelesslove
foslink
Kunzu
Mariamferanmi
Stonecoldcafe
Bblacky
Thinezy
Boladex1
Amiablejudy
Missviva
Plaitex
Missmossy
Tfabu
Manuel180
Gal10
harjibolar01
Sammyomotola
toykathy

Hmmm...I will update as soon as you all have said something ;P
Hi Candy. Been busy too. Been long I checked in here. Will try catch up and drop comments as usual.

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (57) (Reply)

Unplanned Love (imaginary Love Story) / Two Years To Thirty(short Story) / The Complete Assassin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.