Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,933 members, 7,806,701 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:14 PM

Free Meals, Allowance For Jobless Youths, N5,000 For Poor Families-Buhari Offers - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Free Meals, Allowance For Jobless Youths, N5,000 For Poor Families-Buhari Offers (60177 Views)

Munich Shooting: Buhari Offers To Help Germany Fight Terrorism / Diezani Begs Buhari, Offers To Refund $2bn / No Plan To Go Back On N5,000 Allowance To Jobless Youths – APC Insists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free Meals, Allowance For Jobless Youths, N5,000 For Poor Families-Buhari Offers by Holuwathoby(m): 8:25am On Jan 06, 2015
I think I believe he (GMB) can do that...
Re: Free Meals, Allowance For Jobless Youths, N5,000 For Poor Families-Buhari Offers by BraniacX(m): 8:27am On Jan 06, 2015
lastpage:

Exactly, if we are afraid of starting (or dont even want to bother to start at all), when then are we going to get out of these mess?
The whole world is leaving us behind!
Countries like Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Taiwan, e.t.c., all started about the same time Nigeria gots its own independence as well.
See where they are now and compare Nigeria to them..... despite the fact that these countries dont have a litre of "Free-Oil" to energize their economy!

Our greatest problem is CORRUPTION (which "Otuoke Professor" said is "mere stealing"!) and ANY PERSON THAT CAN TAME THAT MONSTER IS WELCOMED TO RULE THIS COUNTRY FOR SOME TIME.

Even if a "He-GOAT" can tame corruption in Nigeria, l want that ewu-Goat to rule Nigeria for four years. I dont care whether the Goat is Muslim, Christiam, Igbo, Yoruba or has a PhD in economics.
What l need now is a "strong-minded and disciplined leader".

On detailed analysis, GMB fits that profile far more than Jonathan. Period!

This is why l will chose GMB over Jonathan.
If you replace Jonathan with someone like that Cross River state Governor or Gov. Fashola, then l will chose them over GMB. Its all logic.

Lastpage!

Please remind me, how long has GEJ been ruling? Also remind me, how long did it take to achieve these miracles in singapore? and please tell me iTs 6 years. Also tell me, what was Nigeria's situation economically pre-GEJ and currently and I don't want your personal opinion, I want statistics from say tHe world bank or national beureau of statistics, also tell me, where Nigeria stands on corruption compared to 6 years ago according to transparency international and not trans-sahara-apc reporters.. You might not see enough happening doesn't mean nothing is happening and if GEJ was a military dictator and couldn't appease you in terms of action and what not, then you might have a case but expecting the Presidential arm of the executive (while conveniently putting aside the governors and local government chairmen) to have the solution to every probleM in every nook and cranny is nothing short of ignorant and it would have been funny were it not a serious matter or are you forgetting that even legislators have budgets for constituency projects? But no, the bulk for all the failures rests at the feet of the presidency not just for the past 6 years but for the past 54 years but every success was due to the efforts of everyone outside the presidency incLuding previous leaders ........... How warped is your logic? And it is laughable for you to believe that GMB can selectively (he didn't prosecute his fellow northern oligarchs like shagaRi because he was a fellow hausa/fulani like him) throw people into prisons on accusations of corruption in 2015 (not 1984) in a democracy without due process or keep them there without convicting them in court first...... Wake up from your utopia and please remind me, is blatant nePotism corruption? Face it......democracy itself or the Nigerian version of it will be his undoiNg

5 Likes

Re: Free Meals, Allowance For Jobless Youths, N5,000 For Poor Families-Buhari Offers by donwollex: 8:32am On Jan 06, 2015
great idea
sounds like a bribe.

2 Likes

Re: Free Meals, Allowance For Jobless Youths, N5,000 For Poor Families-Buhari Offers by dozzy001(m): 8:36am On Jan 06, 2015
BraniacX:

The stupIdity of you welfarists is quite tasking you Know, where will he generate this N500billioN (not N50billioN) per mOnth from? Or do you think money exists in a vacum? Do you think paper money without any Sureties to back its value up like gold reserve e.t.c has any value? Do you think money can be plucked or created out of thin air simply by willing it to exist? Do you think that the Nigerian economy exists in a Vaccum? Did you even study basic economIcs at school? Because your mathstradamus and ecomastradamus smirks of daftness, crassness and illiteracy or should I say ignorance but don't listen to me, keep it up and you might actually make it into the guinness book of records ignoramus's section........................imagine the clueless calling others clueless? Gosh!

They've gat clueless supporters and clueless aspirant, am sure he had F9 in economics
Re: Free Meals, Allowance For Jobless Youths, N5,000 For Poor Families-Buhari Offers by vivalavida(m): 8:36am On Jan 06, 2015
This is an almajiri style of governance.
Free meal and 5K.
What is 5k? And who told him dat the youth need free meal?
Anyway youths from the north and their agbero brodas will fall for this shit. To an igbo youth,no meal should be free
Re: Free Meals, Allowance For Jobless Youths, N5,000 For Poor Families-Buhari Offers by sammhi(m): 8:36am On Jan 06, 2015
Another populist but thoughtless policy...how do you know poor families? this wil just create another avenue for corruption...what the poor families need is house and job and cheap food ..not stipends

2 Likes

Re: Free Meals, Allowance For Jobless Youths, N5,000 For Poor Families-Buhari Offers by idumuose(m): 8:38am On Jan 06, 2015
gp6liveth:

And how long will he continue to pay allowances to the unemployed? They will continue to receive allowance until his aspired tenure expires. GEJ established new universities and created more jobs. NIMC recruited many graduates. Gej attracts more FDI to provide jobs for the unemployed. Buhari is like an ashawo seducing the masses with what he can't sustain. Wolf in sheep clothing.

If I will vote for change, buhari is not the change element we crave for so I better stick to GEJ.
The bad angel u know is better than the best devil.
A dead Jonathan is better than 100 living Buharis.Afterall,Buhari does not have a certifiicate to start with.

I don't believe anything Buhari says.

3 Likes

Re: Free Meals, Allowance For Jobless Youths, N5,000 For Poor Families-Buhari Offers by Holuwathoby(m): 8:39am On Jan 06, 2015
so many people have been bought by GEJ on ds Nairaland and they are blindly following him... Let us all say no to corruption and insecurity!
Re: Free Meals, Allowance For Jobless Youths, N5,000 For Poor Families-Buhari Offers by Goddygee(m): 8:41am On Jan 06, 2015
jeflexy:
how long will you continue giving them free meals
My broda dat a gud question. Buhari is a joker

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Free Meals, Allowance For Jobless Youths, N5,000 For Poor Families-Buhari Offers by buJu234: 8:46am On Jan 06, 2015
with some comments here; i now believe alot of young Nigerians are really educated illiterates...

how will he do it... do u think the macro economical system of the world its jst full of empty barrel promises...?

little wonder Father Mbaka said tht GEJ brought bad luck to Oil... ignorance at its peak...

there is an economical system tht covers alot of things like productivity; export; etc that makes a nation wealthy;;;
things like these i havent heard from neither Buhari nor GEJ... so wat re u guys telling me...

1 Like

Re: Free Meals, Allowance For Jobless Youths, N5,000 For Poor Families-Buhari Offers by darkjorse: 9:00am On Jan 06, 2015
Muslims and their attitude of begging and 90% of the beneficiaries will be northern Hausa-Fulani Muslims

2 Likes

Re: Free Meals, Allowance For Jobless Youths, N5,000 For Poor Families-Buhari Offers by rhymz(m): 9:02am On Jan 06, 2015
Who are these idiots shouting corruption, in 1996, 1997 and 1998 Nigeria was adjudged the 2nd most corrupt country, the most corrupt country and 3rd most corrupt country in the world, Buhari served under Sanni Abacha as PTF chairman during this period and he had almost the same kind of absolute powers as Sanni ..... Fast ward to now, is Nigeria even as corrupt as in the 90s? Let's forget about propaganda and use our head abeg...The APC is a dangerous omen for the is country especially with the pretentious devils parading themselves as some messiahs.

3 Likes

Re: Free Meals, Allowance For Jobless Youths, N5,000 For Poor Families-Buhari Offers by annibro(f): 9:12am On Jan 06, 2015
Mogidi:
How would he fund it, (I see you asking) probably after stabilizing world oil prices, this Muguhari is a closet genius.

Anyway certificates please.

$1b from our excess crude account can take care of dat instead of some hooligans squandering d entire tin

1 Like

Re: Free Meals, Allowance For Jobless Youths, N5,000 For Poor Families-Buhari Offers by knightsTempler: 9:16am On Jan 06, 2015
With statement like this, you can tell that Buhari knows nothing about governance.

If Jonathan is clueless, then Buhari will take cluelessness to a level never before seen or heard.

This guy is plain daft, EOD.

5 Likes

Re: Free Meals, Allowance For Jobless Youths, N5,000 For Poor Families-Buhari Offers by gymnasium(m): 9:20am On Jan 06, 2015
jeflexy:
how long will you continue giving them free meals

i hear the tyrant (buhari) has a remote parents that controls his opinion from behind abeg make una use microscope look that free food wel becos e fit be free hunger or free dog food grin Abeg !!! we need change in our dear country NIGERIA we no want mediocrity cum 2015
Re: Free Meals, Allowance For Jobless Youths, N5,000 For Poor Families-Buhari Offers by gokuu(m): 9:20am On Jan 06, 2015
MRLANNISTER:

Without doubt Nigeria has the money. If we remove wasted 100B from where it is being filtered to, there will be more money going into welfare. Dont forget that the service providers will not be Koreans and Britons. They will be Nigerian firms who will make profit and in turn pay taxes, employ staff who will in turn also pay taxes. So its a win win situation for government, the masses, the economy and the people who blindly follow GEJ.
Where is the money? The fact that the country has reserves does not mean that it does not have any debts? In fact, the presence of those reserves is what is keeping the poor credit rating of the country relatively stable, and also keeping the already high interests on our debt relatively stable. Once we start throwing it around on transfer payments with no investment in the productive capacity a disastrous chain of activity will follow and the debt will grow at an increasing rate. While i believe in the multiplier effect, one built solely on consumption of primarily imported goods will only exacerbate capital flight and send the already weak currency to the dogs.
As for employment service providers, we couldn't even manage a subsidy program on a tangible product like petroleum with few actors, How can we now manage a welfare program that the majority of 200 million will be involved in? Not to talk of the corruption that will unfold.
This proposal is a BAD DEAL for the country, especially the struggling middle class.

2 Likes

Re: Free Meals, Allowance For Jobless Youths, N5,000 For Poor Families-Buhari Offers by SOUNDKING: 9:29am On Jan 06, 2015
I keep saying that this man has nothing to offer, if he wins, but God forbid, expect foreign relation like, the arab league, pakistan, palestine and friends.
Re: Free Meals, Allowance For Jobless Youths, N5,000 For Poor Families-Buhari Offers by delpharm(m): 9:32am On Jan 06, 2015
After spending the #5k nko.... Mschew
Re: Free Meals, Allowance For Jobless Youths, N5,000 For Poor Families-Buhari Offers by Ahmeduana(m): 9:43am On Jan 06, 2015
barcanista:
Muhammadu Buhari is concerned with providing welfare packages for the masses
THE WELFARE PACKAGE THAT 95% WILL GOES TO HIS NORTHERN TALAKAWAS! WHICH WILL MAKES THEM TO DEPEND MORE AND MORE ON THE GOVERMENT FOR ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING, AND IF TOMORROW COMES ANOTHER GOVERNMENT STOPS SUCH POLICIES THEY WILL BE SHOUTING THAT THEY ARE MAGINALISED OR SHOUTING THAT THE PRESIDENCY IS THERE BIRTHRIGHT!

1 Like

Re: Free Meals, Allowance For Jobless Youths, N5,000 For Poor Families-Buhari Offers by dozzy001(m): 9:44am On Jan 06, 2015
temitopeadeyemo:
The Welfare program will cost the govt about 800 million naira monthly. That is less than 20 million dollars oil money missing. Or less than Jonathan's food budget for the year. Are we saying our government cannot afford one billion naira a month to assist the poorest amongst us? It is a programme that is sustainable.

What will be the criteria for knowing the poor? And who will take up the responsibilty of preparing the so-called meals
Re: Free Meals, Allowance For Jobless Youths, N5,000 For Poor Families-Buhari Offers by sucess001(m): 10:03am On Jan 06, 2015
atlwireles:
grin grin grin grin grin What should we expect from a primary six dropout. angry angry angry angry

[size=20pt]if a primary six dropout is causing your Phd holder in Abuja to be peeing in his shorts...does it not show how clueless the Otuoke man is?[/size]
Re: Free Meals, Allowance For Jobless Youths, N5,000 For Poor Families-Buhari Offers by Ahmeduana(m): 10:04am On Jan 06, 2015
lekkie073:
Joker.....
The moment he said he would stabilise the price of crude oil, I knew this man is nothing but a nonentity cool
THE PROBLEM WITH MOST BUHARI SUPPORTER IS THAT MAJORITY OF THEM WERE born after 1990 so they don't have the glimpse of what life looks like under buhari! AND FUNNY ENOUGH THOSE ARE THE GENERATION THAT APC IS TARGETING for votes!

2 Likes

Re: Free Meals, Allowance For Jobless Youths, N5,000 For Poor Families-Buhari Offers by mekadinho(f): 10:14am On Jan 06, 2015
PLS DON'T BRING UR FREE MEALS/ N5000 WHATEVER TO IGBO LAND, I DON'T WANT ANYBODY TO KILL OUR HUSTLING SPIRIT. IF U ARE HUNGRY, THINK AND ACT AND FOOD WILL COME IN ABUNDANT, DATZ OUR MOTTO IN ALAIGBO.

3 Likes

Re: Free Meals, Allowance For Jobless Youths, N5,000 For Poor Families-Buhari Offers by adesina1991(m): 10:21am On Jan 06, 2015
Ahmeduana:

THE PROBLEM WITH MOST BUHARI SUPPORTER IS THAT MAJORITY OF THEM WERE born after 1990 so they don't have the glimpse of what life looks like under buhari! AND FUNNY ENOUGH THOSE ARE THE GENERATION THAT APC IS TARGETING for votes!
you that was born during his tenure how was it?.I really found it painful to see some youths saying buhari is not fit for the position.Jonathan is not the right man either we just need a change enough of this suffering and I can't blame most people supporting that daft otuoke man because they have all adapted to suffering
Re: Free Meals, Allowance For Jobless Youths, N5,000 For Poor Families-Buhari Offers by tojahh(m): 10:25am On Jan 06, 2015
A man that cannot attest for the where about of his certificate at his age and you say I should believe a word from him?

By the way, what's the criteria for determining the poor and beneficiaries of the 5000? Same old same.
Re: Free Meals, Allowance For Jobless Youths, N5,000 For Poor Families-Buhari Offers by Ahmeduana(m): 10:37am On Jan 06, 2015
adesina1991:
you that was born during his tenure how was it?.I really found it painful to see some youths saying buhari is not fit for the position.Jonathan is not the right man either we just need a change enough of this suffering and I can't blame most people supporting that daft otuoke man because they have all adapted to suffering
YOUR MONIKER AND YOUR COMMENT AS JUST PROVED ME RIGHT!
Re: Free Meals, Allowance For Jobless Youths, N5,000 For Poor Families-Buhari Offers by 12ema: 11:21am On Jan 06, 2015
raumdeuter:
[size=14pt]Laudable programs.

This shows a responsible govt

In sane countries there is a welfare package for the poor in the society

Thank you Buhari for proving once again you are the leader we need unlike that animal in fedora hat currently in ArseHole rock[/size]

Nigerians are so gullible. Yes there are welfare packages in NORMAL societies, but when a man is promising you something of this nature and has not explained how it would be funded then i begin to wonder. Nigerians are not even asking the right questions, they are just salivating. Americans are still licking the wounds of the fake promises given by Obama. You know what? i am going to make a promise of my own; i will give every Nigerian a million naira per month just for the phuck of it. How will i fund it you say? we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

1 Like

Re: Free Meals, Allowance For Jobless Youths, N5,000 For Poor Families-Buhari Offers by darmochy1(m): 11:26am On Jan 06, 2015
atlwireles:
grin grin grin grin grin What should we expect from a primary six dropout. angry angry angry angry
What're you gaining from the PhD holder that's currently in power?

Re: Free Meals, Allowance For Jobless Youths, N5,000 For Poor Families-Buhari Offers by misskenny(f): 11:37am On Jan 06, 2015
I'm nt satisfied wt this, provide d basic social amenities, gud road(dey can transport their goods to d city easily), water, credit facilities, etc. Coz all dis free will go to those in ur party.

1 Like

Re: Free Meals, Allowance For Jobless Youths, N5,000 For Poor Families-Buhari Offers by Mistermamus(m): 11:42am On Jan 06, 2015
VivaLaFrans:
Our problem of this country.... People lack vision... How can you go to a polling station to vote and receive 200 Naira or any other gift... Nigerians need to be educated... We dont know our rights thats why anyone can loot our oil and money anyhow... Everybody na gentleman... Fela was right... Nobody wan die... Everybody dey fear bullet. If the price of garri goes high, the so-called christians will pray for God to provide money to buy it... Lol... Then what kind of a citizen are you? So will even rush to buy generators to disturb the neighbood... Do you care about the future of this country? Everyone is silent and denied of their rights. Some will say ''this guy broke''... Even when Iam rich, I will still say what I've said about this country... Until we realize that we the people are the government, then we'll continue to be used as puppets...
gbam u said it all. Seems u dnt av d naija mentality.
Re: Free Meals, Allowance For Jobless Youths, N5,000 For Poor Families-Buhari Offers by Nobody: 11:46am On Jan 06, 2015
When I saw this thread earlier on, I jumped and passed! I was so pissed off by the level of daftmess from the old tyrant!

I am so ashamed to belong to the same country with a presidential candidate with this low level of reasoning!

We are talking about industrialisation, food production, exports, education, etc and this daft is talking about sharing peanuts to the poor!

It is a shame that some people here want this Mr. Cluelessness as President.

This is daftness to the extreme! Buhari has nothing to offer!

Too bad we are in this mess!
I am sorry folks, but I miss Ojukwu, I miss Biafra, I miss a great Nation, with great minds as leaders, not this poo!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots / BSS: Biafra Secret Service, Salaries, Oath - Inside Nnamdi Kanu’s ‘Secret Army’ / #EndSARS: Governor Oyetola Joins Protest, Escapes Assassination Attempt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.