Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:36 PM

Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka (32697 Views)

''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church / Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest / Rev. Father Mbaka Visits Buhari And Osinbajo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by Caseless: 10:57am On Jan 06, 2015
TheReaIMrStan:
Father Mbaka never said he spoke on behalf of the Catholic church.

And besides, everything he said was true
GBAM!

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by aceTS: 11:08am On Jan 06, 2015
JoeCutie:
The title of this thread reads, "Catholic Church disagrees with Father Mbaka".

I patiently read through the lines of this post & I began to wonder; Who is/are the Catholic Church?
A mere "Mr. Ebue" & "Two knights"? undecided

• I was hoping to see where the Holy Father, the Pope, spoke from Rome to condemn Fr. Mbaka
• Or where our own Francis Cardinal Arinze spoke on behalf of the church
• Or where the Apostolic Nuncio to Nigeria, Rt. Rev. Dr. Augustine Kasujja spoke, representing the church
• Or where the President of the Catholic Bishops' Conference condemned the cleric
• Or where any of the Nigerian (Arch)Bishops did the disagreeing
• Or where even any Monsignor or a fellow Catholic Priest condemned Fr. Mbaka's declarations.

But what did I see?
Mr. Ebue & two Knights. undecided
Who are they and what do they know about the Church & her doctrines? They should be talking to the press concerning their various works, families & general dealings with the society. undecided

Op, be careful! undecided
The title should better read, "Two Catholic Knights & a certain jobless Mr. Ebue disagree with Fr. Mbaka",
and NOT "The Catholic Church disagrees.....". The Catholic Church has nothing to do with what those men said. They were speaking for themselves, and not for the church. Nobody delegated them to speak on behalf of the church. undecided

Get your points straight!

you shouldn't blame the op. i guess he did not read the article before rushing to copy and paste it here. the fault mostly lies with the editors of leadership newspaper for publishing the story with that headline. i'm guessing the headline was meant to attract clicks from online readers. it worked
Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by franconian: 11:14am On Jan 06, 2015
TheReaIMrStan:

He is a Catholic priest who stood in a Catholic Church's alter, not a viewing center, to make a pronouncement. His pronouncements should conform to that of the catholic church.

One day, that man go stand for catholic alter wed two gays... ona go say nor be catholic church wed them!
Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by JoeCutie(m): 11:16am On Jan 06, 2015
MissMeiya:

My thoughts exactly.
smiley

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by greggng: 11:18am On Jan 06, 2015
A man went for hiv test and result was confirmed negative. He decided to come back after a month for another confirmation test and the result was positive. This is the case of gej. First result from fr mbaka was positive but confirmation result came negative. So you guys should leave fr mbaka alone cos what an old man sits down and see, a young man cannot see even while standing
Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by JoeCutie(m): 11:24am On Jan 06, 2015
aceTS:

you shouldn't blame the op. i guess he did not read the article before rushing to copy and paste it here. the fault mostly lies with the editors of leadership newspaper for publishing the story with that headline. i'm guessing the headline was meant to attract clicks from online readers. it worked
Yeah, it worked for them. Well, what you said about blaming the newspaper editors rather than the Op is true. He was only rushing to make FP, it worked again.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by ellechrystal(f): 12:21pm On Jan 06, 2015
jmoore:

grin That we should vote for GEJ and Buhari, is the truth? Everything indeed.
Is it TRUTH?? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by collinsVP: 12:49pm On Jan 06, 2015
ritux:

Same here. I'm becoming more embarrassed as a Catholic faithful.
If Fr Mbaka claims he was led by the Holy Spirit, why was he trying to reach the first lady? Did the Holy Spirit tell him to inform the first lady before making it public in his sermon? I really don't get him.

Our Priest and Clergy men should be mindful of what they say during this crucial time in our democracy.

My people perish for lack of knowledge; thus says the lord. Let me enlighten you- senator Ekweremmadu came for prayer on an Adoration day and was given invitation card for the ministry's annual thanks given and he demanded to be given more card as he promised to bring either the president or his wife. That's how she came. Research for the rest of what transpired there. So stop saying he tried to reach the first lady. And note Mbaka and the spirit of god do not agree on most issues but the spirit must supersede. Do not dable into spiritual matters.
Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by marthabenson: 1:05pm On Jan 06, 2015
Who re we to believe ,God help us
Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by marthabenson: 1:05pm On Jan 06, 2015
Who re we to believe ,God help us grin[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by marthabenson: 1:07pm On Jan 06, 2015
We need God,s grace in dis country of ours
Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by collinsVP: 1:19pm On Jan 06, 2015
[[color=#006600][/color]quote author=JoeCutie post=29533413]The title of this thread reads, "Catholic Church disagrees with Father Mbaka".

I patiently read through the lines of this post & I began to wonder; Who is/are the Catholic Church?
A mere "Mr. Ebue" & "Two knights"? undecided

• I was hoping to see where the Holy Father, the Pope, spoke from Rome to condemn Fr. Mbaka
• Or where our own Francis Cardinal Arinze spoke on behalf of the church
• Or where the Apostolic Nuncio to Nigeria, Rt. Rev. Dr. Augustine Kasujja spoke, representing the church
• Or where the President of the Catholic Bishops' Conference condemned the cleric
• Or where any of the Nigerian (Arch)Bishops did the disagreeing
• Or where even any Monsignor or a fellow Catholic Priest condemned Fr. Mbaka's declarations.

But what did I see?
Mr. Ebue & two Knights. undecided
Who are they and what do they know about the Church & her doctrines? They should be talking to the press concerning their various works, families & general dealings with the society. undecided

Op, be careful! undecided
The title should better read, "Two Catholic Knights & a certain jobless Mr. Ebue disagree with Fr. Mbaka", and NOT "The Catholic Church disagrees.....". The Catholic Church has nothing to do with what those men said. They were speaking for themselves, and not for the church. Nobody delegated them to speak on behalf of the church. undecided

Get your points straight![/quote]

The OP wasn't wrong in the title because besides the two men mentioned, is th conference of catholic Bishops of Nigeria (CCBN). Where the the Bishop of Abuja criticized Mbaka. Btw am a catholic and fully in support of Mbaka.
Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by gen2lpatty(m): 2:19pm On Jan 06, 2015
hero31x:
https://www.nairaland.com/2077320/number-44-suliemans-prophecy-refering

The Prophetic Insight of 2015 Delivered at Cross Over Night of CHRIST COVENANT CHURCH INT'L.

The Lord opened my eyes during my prayer watch & I saw the following:

1. 2015 is a Great Year of interesting events.

2. The events will spring up many surprise because many will not be ready for the surprises.

3. The Lord said is a year of great civil unrest (can be averted by prayer).

4. Many inpending disaster are set to take place in Nigeria & the USA. God is trying to draw Nigeria's attention to Him. Many state (USA) will declare a state of emergency (flood).

5. God will raise up many mighty men of God who will not fear what man will do to them.

6. Many Prominent Political figures in Nigeria will die.

7. The spirit of apostacy will be in the increase & many will be deceived- BELIEVERS BEWARE & GUARD YOUR HEART.

8. Many Disciple who Practice The Covenant, will suddenly become Rich because of the blessing. Although the body of Christ (believers) will be shaken because of Traumatic events.

9. The Solution that Nigeria needs is not in any Political Party but in God.

10. President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan will be declared the winner of 2015 election (if it holds), APC will go to the court to challenge it.

11. We Must pray for Nigeria President, there is a secret Plot to harm him & if possible take his life.

12. If prayers is negleted, there will be serious riots that would lead to serious death.

I urge every well meaning Nigerian reading this post to take atleast 10 minutes every day to Pray for Nigeria.

if it were some other priest, he'd be on suspension by now. Politics everywhere
Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by ritux: 2:35pm On Jan 06, 2015
collinsVP:

My people perish for lack of knowledge; thus says the lord. Let me enlighten you- senator Ekweremmadu came for prayer on an Adoration day and was given invitation card for the ministry's annual thanks given and he demanded to be given more card as he promised to bring either the president or his wife. That's how she came. Research for the rest of what transpired there. So stop saying he tried to reach the first lady. And note Mbaka and the spirit of god do not agree on most issues but the spirit must supersede. Do not dable into spiritual matters.

You are mixing the whole thing. After the sermon that was delivered on the 31st or so, I saw a publication in which Fr Mbaka stated that he asked the first lady for her number so he could drop her messages. In his words, ''Mbaka said before he gave the December 31, 2014 message, he had called Mrs. Patience Jonathan sever­ally but couldn’t get to her.

Said he: “When she came here, I told her to give me her number so that I could give her messages, but thrice she refused. It was later she told one of the pastors with her to give me his number. “

“So, before that message, I had called the number for two weeks but it was always the Personal Assistant to the pastor that picked the calls. “

https://www.nairaland.com/2076561/life-danger-rev-fr-mbaka

So my dear Collins don't come and enlighten me on what you don't know. Fr Mbaka should have told us why he tried contacting her. That statement alone coming from him is pregnant with so many meaning. So many of us perish for lack of knowledge. I am a proud Catholic and God has given me wisdom and knowledge to understand his teachings and as such, I don't believe and accept everything my Parish Priest or any other Priest or Clergyman says on the altar.
Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by chylink4pure: 2:37pm On Jan 06, 2015
May good Lord help u out
Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by swagwu(m): 2:56pm On Jan 06, 2015
mbaka in GMB pay roll[size=8pt][/size]
Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by 1stola: 3:15pm On Jan 06, 2015
ogawisdom:
All these is happenin bc mbaka changed frm supportin GEJ wen he ws supportin GEJ re election I didn't hear anytin frm anybody rubbish angry

Well I still prefer GEJ to d clown GMB tongue

Anybody without a university degree shld nt b d president of nigeria in 2015
May your sense of reasoning never always lead you to destruction.
You started well but ended senselessly.
Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:52pm On Jan 06, 2015
eldnix:
...hmmm yes dis is exactly the kind of oppurtunity u have been luking for to flaunt ur anti-catholic campaign...does it make sense dat you re a christian yet u talk so about a denomination in christiandom?or is it dat u re a muslim yet u talk about catholic which hardly cares it u re existing?...or an ethiest an talk about a denomination in christiandom which by the way u don't knw anytin about rite frm d inception of it?If this were an imam's declarations it wudnt have been such an issue or a trending topic here...ur words re ungarded an disgraceful....yes politics n religion re separate...bt its becos of religion we have politics I mean d real politic....dude u don't say anytin u pls jst becos u have a fone u can always pour out ur boredom to..whether fr mbaka said it or not with clear or unclear intentions dat shud b the least of ur worries...worry rather about what is to come...

Shut up. I am a Pagan Traditonalist.
Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:55pm On Jan 06, 2015
ritux:

You may be a pagan but please watch your tongue.

I dont need to watch my tongue on my ancestors land.

You and this ur foreign ideology berra watch your tongue.
Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by eldnix: 4:37pm On Jan 06, 2015
PAGAN9JA:

Shut up. I am a Pagan Traditonalist.
nw dat concerns ur generation...ntin to doo wit me
Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jan 06, 2015
A catholic priest standing on the alter of a catholic church represents the church as a whole. What he says represents the church, it's left for the church to either dissociate her self from such statement or tag it a heresy.
In the article below, notice the bolded part...the catholic church, which Fr Mbaka represents, does not tell her members to vote for any particular person. The church or her Reverends can speak for or against actions of leaders but not directly or indirectly telling members to vote for any particular person. Mbaka is wrong for directing members to vote for jonathan, same way he is wrong for encouraging members to vote buhari. Both actions are wrong.
And to speak from both sides of the his mouth and call it 'spiritual drama' is quite immature.

I commend him for the courage to speak out against our leaders, he probably helped reshape Enugu politics and governance, from his constant lash on Enugu state governors. But I will say it any where and even before him that he is wrong for directing members to vote for a specific person.

Monimatic:
The Catholic Church has washed its hands off the ongoing controversy over the strong criticism of President Goodluck Jonathan by Rev Father Ejike Mbaka of Adoration Ministries in Enugu, accusing him of double-speaking.

The church said it did not authorise Mbaka to speak on its behalf, insisting that it is wrong for Mbaka to endorse the president and later warn the electorate not to vote for him during the February 14 presidential poll.

The church added that it did not have an official position on whose candidate the Catholic faithful should vote for, saying that as the largest Christian group, it is illogical for it to direct members to vote for certain candidates as the voters have the prerogative to exercise their inalienable rights in such a situation

A catholic faithful, Mr Callistus Ebue, disclosed this during an interview with LEADERSHIP last night in Enugu.

He said, “The Catholic Church did not authorise Rev Father Mbaka to speak on its behalf. There is no way the church, with millions of its members, make a pronouncement on who to vote for during the February 14 presidential election. The church does not have an official position in this regard. The decision to vote for any candidate is the prerogative right of the church faithful just like any other Nigerian.”

While some of the Catholics in Enugu argue that Mbaka might have been led by the Holy Spirit in his pronouncement over Jonathan’s re-election bid, others said that the cleric ought not to have dabbled into the murky waters of politics.

According to a Catholic knight, Sir Abuchi Anueghiagu, Mbaka was initially inspired by the Holy Spirit to endorse the re-election of Jonathan, saying, however, that whatever Mbaka pronounced during his homily at the Adoration Ministries ground on December 31, 2014, was also a function of the leading of the Holy Spirit.

According to him, as an ordained priest in charge of a parish, Christ the King Parish, and the spiritual director of Adoration Ministries, nobody is qualified to challenge any sermon he delivers from the altar.

But another knight of the Catholic Church who spoke to LEADERSHIP on condition of anonymity condemned Mbaka of speaking from both sides of his mouth.

He said that having previously blessed Jonathan on his re-election bid, he ought not to have made a volte-face. He advised priests to be cautions of their pronouncements from the altar, as whatever they say has a way of affecting their followers either negatively or positively.

The Catholic bishop of Enugu Diocese, Rev Dr Calistus Onaga, could not be reached at the time of filing this report last night.

http://leadership.ng/news/399872/catholic-church-disagrees-father-mbaka

TheReaIMrStan:

Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by ogawisdom(m): 5:35pm On Jan 06, 2015
1stola:

May your sense of reasoning never always lead you to destruction.
You started well but ended senselessly.

Dts my opinion let's ve urs dt is if u ve d ability to think n hold an opinion
Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by ABLEGUY24(m): 8:48pm On Jan 06, 2015
thank God I was there when he was ministering d message for those who are uttering nonsens. make una watch una mouth ooooo
Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by ABLEGUY24(m): 9:14pm On Jan 06, 2015
make una watch una tongue oo
Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by tbaby534(f): 10:16pm On Jan 06, 2015
Marc9:
Samuel endorsed and anointed Saul as the king. The same samuel later realised Saul had walked a different path from that of God, and the Spirit of God had left him, he went over to the house of Jesse, to anoint David as God's chosen king.

Prophets and Priests can commend
or condemn the rulership of kings, just the same way John the baptist condemned Harold and his wife. Elijah constantly condemned Ahab and his wife, Jezeebel.

Whatever Rev Father Mbaka said, it conforms with what the Spirit led him to say, unlike Ayo Oritsejafor, who puts on his ear-clogs whenever the Spirit is talking.

Na u don know e dey hear d spirit well Mr holy ghost, so because pastor supports GEJ which u are clearly unsupportive of makes him a devil while rev mbaka is a saint for supporting otherwise, clap for urself Mr spirit hearer

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jan 06, 2015
Hemanwel:
That's Catholic church for you!

BTW:

To all you pro-GMB fans shouting "change" "change",I dare ask again,what exactly are we changing to?I still do not understand.It is not because everybody is shouting "change" then I follow suit.Please enlighten me.
For pete's sake,Buhari was once the Head of state of this country.He once had the opportunity to change this country.During his tenure he could not solve the barrage of problems that besieged the country then, including corruption,Power,Poor Healthcare,etc.He was part of those who ruined this country.In less than 18 months in power,Abdulsalaam Abubakar handed over to a democratic government,how come Buhari could not do that in two years,if he meant well for the country?So,pls enlighten me.Maybe I am missing out something.
Dont come here and ask me "do you like what's going on in the country today?"
Tell me what your useless Jonathan has done with the 6yrs he had. Sometimes ppl just wan type nd when dey do,all we see is SHIT.
Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by LadyPM: 12:54am On Jan 07, 2015
Catholics, Weda u agree or u do not agree ooo, father Mbaka has spoken. Jonathan should better start preparing his handing over notes and make his road to Otueke wider and clearer. His kingsmen will be happy to receive him. Sai Buhari
Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by Hemanwel(m): 1:55am On Jan 07, 2015
Renegade147:

Tell me what your useless Jonathan has done with the 6yrs he had. Sometimes ppl just wan type nd when dey do,all we see is SHIT.
I agree that GEJ has not directly done anything for me but Buhari rather messed the country up.So,I ask you again, "what 'change' are you talking about?"
Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by Nobody: 5:44am On Jan 07, 2015
zozayi:

Sorry my friend, there are some lies. He said that Nigeria has never experienced more bloodshed than this in history; he forgot the Nigerian civil war. He called it simple insurgency; where on earth has insurgency been completely rooted out. Ask Syria, Iraq, Somalia, Pakistan, even Kenya
the "shifta war" between Kenya and Somalia fighting for territory in the 90's ended after the somalia P.minister sighned a ceasefire deal with kenya. after that the somali community along the boder started an insurjency and eventualy it ended, although it is said (i hope its not true) that the war ended when the Kenya GSU paramilitary police rounded up all male adults of Somali origin along the border, and massacred and burried them in mass graves and in the end, there was no one left to fight since only women were left to fend for there kids, it's a truly sad story , I watched a documentary. but looking back, the insurgency did end. (I am not ssaying that people should be wiped ut. am just saying)
Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by Flavor2: 6:01am On Jan 07, 2015
It is Unbelievable that some Nigerians whom I believe want to see Nigeria's progress are offended by the comments of Rev. Mbaka about the economic, political, and social deterioration of Nigeria, even the Church leaders! when are people going to wake up and see the path that Nigeria is heading??. Many Church leaders, and some contented citizens want to be quiet and mind their own business until they are included in the "fluid going down the drain"..... Rev. Mbaka was courageous to say what he said and he spoke to the frustrations of many Nigerians, so he should be commended and supported for doing more than any of the so-called Church leaders could ever do. So continue to stand up and speak up Rev. Mbaka for millions of Nigerians who are not able to speak for themselves and their families because you are also teaching the next generation, if not the present one, an enduring virtue of courage.
Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by KLand(m): 6:36am On Jan 07, 2015
I knew MBaka was on his own. Anyway, only the uninformed will believe all the things he said.
Re: Catholic Church Disagrees With Father Mbaka by Nobody: 7:29am On Jan 07, 2015
Hemanwel:
I agree that GEJ has not directly done anything for me but Buhari rather messed the country up.So,I ask you again, "what 'change' are you talking about?"
We talking about the fate of d country,u talking bout ur-self. I ask again,how has Buhari messed up the country,the said buhari who barely used 2yrs as Head of state and left power in the 80s messed up the country in ur own view. Brother,I'm sorry to say,but ur comment stinks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pastor Rolls Himself In Engine Oil During Church Crusade. See Photos / Mike Bamiloye And Wife, Gloria Celebrate 32nd Wedding Anniversary / If You Meet God And He Allowed You To Ask Him One Question, What Would It Be?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.