Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,257 members, 7,780,555 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:25 PM

G - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / G (1212 Views)

Miracles Of The Qur'an: Discovery Of More Planets In The Universe By Nasa. / Killing Of Snakes In Islam.. Views And Conclusions / If The Qur'an Is True, Then Islam Is False (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

G by Nobody: 7:39am On Jan 06, 2015
F
Re: G by Maakhir(m): 10:14am On Jan 06, 2015
Uzeinalkali:
Traditions-base d system contains the law of killing a person who leaves Islam i.e. a Muslim who changes his religion. This is based on hearsay and not the Qur'an.
This so-called Islamic law is a
contradiction with Quranic values and clear teachings. Allah commands freedom of religion for people in this world. For example,
He says: "There is no compulsion in religion" (2:256)

"So can you force people to
believe?" (10:99)
The following verse shows that people who turn away from Allah's religion after believing
stay alive in the world:
"As for those who believe, then reject faith, then believe again, then reject faith again and become increasingly defiant, Allah will not forgive them, nor will He guide them to any path." (Qur'an 4:137)
If an apostate is killed, then he will not have the chance to believe again: the verse mentions a second occurrence of the person
believing and disbelieving. To add
further weight, the verse finishes by saying, "nor will He guide them to any path". This is clearly indicating that apostates continue to live their lives on earth as Allah will not guide them in the remainder of their lives. Killing apostates is derived from so-called authentic "hadith", but something which contradicts Allah's verses can in no way be
authentic. To justify and accept a contradictory teaching to the Qur'an is highly rebuked by Allah:
"When he learns something from our verses, he scorns them. Such people will have a humiliating punishment!" (Qur'an 45:9)
"These are Allah's verses we recite to you to show the truth. In which narration (hadith/ﺣَﺪِﻳﺚ) after Allah and His verses do they believe in?" (Qur'an 45:6)

Bro, Its a good point and here is the answer which the schilars of sharia agree on.

The Sharia law and the Ayat do not actually contradict. If you understand arabic properly, the apostasy mentioned is apostasy that is paramount to treason. The apostate may practice whatever religion they practice in private, but they are not allowed to mislead other muslims. Plus, Islam is there for society as a whole and not just for the individual, the treason that I mentioned is providing valuable information or harming the muslim society that might physically or financially harm muslims at the time in the society Muhammed pbuh was living in.
Re: G by AbooTasleemah1(m): 11:46am On Jan 06, 2015
As Salamu alaykum wa RahmatuLlaah!
Firstly: This is the ruling of Allaah and His
Messenger, as the Prophet (peace and
blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:
"Whoever changes his religion, kill
him." (reported by al-Bukhaari, al-Fath, no.
3017).
Note: It was revealed in Surat Najm Vs 2 and 3 that the Prophet(sala Llaahu alayhi was salam) never speaks of his own desire.

Secondly: The one who has known the religion which Allaah revealed, entered it and practised it,
then rejected it, despised it and left it, is a
person who does not deserve to live on the
earth of Allaah and eat from the provision of
Allaah. By leaving Islaam, the apostate opens the
way for everyone who wants to leave the faith,
thus spreading apostasy and encouraging it.
The apostate is not to be killed without
warning. Even though his crime is so great, he
is given a last chance, a respite of three days in
which to repent. If he repents, he will be left
alone; if he does not repent, then he will be
killed.
If the punishment for murder and
espionage (also known as high treason) is
death, then what should be the punishment
for the one who disbelieves in the Lord of
mankind and despises and rejects His religion?
Is espionage or shedding blood worse than
leaving the religion of the Lord of mankind and
rejecting it?

#Copied from Islamqa with some Editing from me. I hope this benefit us more... The word of Rasul(sala Llaahu alayhi was salam) is not to be checked by any of us coz we'll never understand the religion better than him, we should try and ask from scholars who knows better should we encounter any shubu'at(Unclear/ambigous issue). WaLlaahul musta'an!
...And Allaah knows best

1 Like

Re: G by Maakhir(m): 12:14pm On Jan 06, 2015
AbooTasleemah1:
3017).
Note: It was revealed in Surat Najm Vs 2 and 3 that the Prophet(sala Llaahu alayhi was salam) never speaks of his own desire.

Secondly: The one who has known the religion which Allaah revealed, entered it and practised it,
killed.
rejecting it?

#Copied from Islamqa with some Editing from me. I hope this benefit us more... The word of Rasul(sala Llaahu alayhi was salam) is not to be checked by any of us coz we'll never understand the religion better than him, we should try and ask from scholars who knows better should we encounter any shubu'at(Unclear/ambigous issue). WaLlaahul musta'an!
...And Allaah knows best

Are you one of those e-sheikhs who barely knows any arabic, hasn't read any actual texts and likes to speak without researching anything?

If so, please continue.

I've read both hadith and you need to understand them in context. Allah swt himself say, there is no compulsion in deen (religion)

You can read my earlier reply.
Re: G by AbooTasleemah1(m): 12:37pm On Jan 06, 2015
AlhamduliLlaah that you understand them in contextual meaning but are you in anyway familiar with the explanation of the scholars? Do you want to tell us none of the salaf has ever understood it the way you do? Akhee, when it comes to ambiguity like this, we seek those who knows better... And when Allaah gave us a decree through His Prophet, we're in no position to reject it or fault it. Rejecting or criticizing it might jeopardize our state of being Muslims. WaLlaahul musta'an!
Re: G by Maakhir(m): 12:45pm On Jan 06, 2015
AbooTasleemah1:
AlhamduliLlaah that you understand them in contextual meaning but are you in anyway familiar with the explanation of the scholars? Do you want to tell us none of the salaf has ever understood it the way you do? Akhee, when it comes to ambiguity like this, we seek those who knows better... And when Allaah gave us a decree through His Prophet, we're in no position to reject it or fault it. Rejecting or criticizing it might jeopardize our state of being Muslims. WaLlaahul musta'an!

Bro, If you read what I wrote I never criticised, rejected, or faulted with what the prophet said.
If you can prove that I did then I will apologise and if I hurt your feelings in any way then I apologise
Re: G by Maakhir(m): 12:47pm On Jan 06, 2015
Pls the Sciences of Hadith have rankings for how sahih a narration is.
Re: G by AbooTasleemah1(m): 2:59pm On Jan 06, 2015
Beloved akhee, you didn't do any of those, the comment was for the poser and the post... So if I make you felt bad. As for the hadeeth, no doubt, it's muttafaqun alayhi since Imam Muslim was Imam Bukhari's student but if we search further for it's authencity we might also find it in Ibn majjah, Ibn Hiban, Tirmidhi and others as well... But the hadeeth has not been qualified as daheef by any of our salaf
Re: G by Maakhir(m): 3:02pm On Jan 06, 2015
AbooTasleemah1:
Beloved akhee, you didn't do any of those, the comment was for the poser and the post... So if I make you felt bad. As for the hadeeth, no doubt, it's muttafaqun alayhi since Imam Muslim was Imam Bukhari's student but if we search further for it's authencity we might also find it in Ibn majjah, Ibn Hiban, Tirmidhi and others as well... But the hadeeth has not been qualified as daheef by any of our salaf

Okay, thanks for the answer. Dont worry you didn't offend me bro.
Re: G by slyfox5555: 4:53pm On Jan 07, 2015
AbooTasleemah1:
3017).

killed.
rejecting it?

...And Allaah knows best

We are Muslims and follow the Quran, traditions and authentic Hadiths. Islamic jurisprudence in all Sunni Islamic schools and even Shias confirm that apostates should be killed. There is no need to sugar-coat it. However, Islamic teachings shows that such practices can only be practiced where the country and authority is purely Islamic and the "apostate" have openly declared their apostasy.

In Islamic law - when you steal, your hand is cut off. When you commit fornication, your are flogged. When you leave Islam - you are killed. The rationale behind this ruling is the fact that the apostate will make other Muslims question their faith or become apostates as well. As a result, the apostate should be killed.

Imagine if we lived in societies that did the same. Say we lived in a country who's religion was called "Pattonism". If you leave Pattonism, you will be killed.

As a Muslim, this is an area where Islam needs reform.

(1) (Reply)

A Thread For "Questions And Answers" Bothering The Muslim Ummah. / Maulud: Mercy To The Worlds- Arguments For Its Validity By Adamu Adamu / People Climbed Pole To Touch The Face Of Sheik Inyass For Blessings (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.