Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,729 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:03 AM

It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? (171400 Views)

My Husband Rubs ‘Anointing Oil’ On His Manhood Before We Have Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by munex007(m): 9:42am On Jan 07, 2015
In islam its prohibited to have sex(Marital) during the Fast but nothing wrong after breaking the fast for the Day
Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by ireneony(f): 9:43am On Jan 07, 2015
robosky02:

shhhh you should fast first
kk
just because I like your picture, I should fast first undecided...how are you feeling like wink

2 Likes

Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by Bonapart(m): 9:44am On Jan 07, 2015
1 chorithians 7v5 defraud not yourselves except for a time of prayer n fasting
Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by Temysteve(m): 9:44am On Jan 07, 2015
after u break in the night u can do that
Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by orji63(m): 9:44am On Jan 07, 2015
To answer your question,It is not scripturally ok to have sex while you are fasting.Read Exodus 19v15,Moses instrcted the male Isrealites not to comew close to their wives while they were prepaaring for the exodus from Egypt.Read 1 Cor 7 v 5'Do not deprive one another except with consent for a time,that you may give yourselves to fasting and prayer,and come together again so that Satan does not tempt you because of your lack of self-control. I think with this I have answered your question.The bible is our standard.

1 Like

Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by Nobody: 9:45am On Jan 07, 2015
YOU ARE FREE TO BANG WITHOUT SEASON, ANYWHERE, ANYHOW.

THIS ADVISE IS FOR MARRIED COUPLES ONLY, IF U ARE NOT MARRIED AND YOU ARE FASTING AND STILL GO AHEAD TO HAVE SEX NA DOG GO EAT UR PEKUS

1 Like

Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by growup: 9:45am On Jan 07, 2015
Fasting is all about denials and there are different levels of denial. We have daily fasting which u can break .... Say... 6pm. So when u break ur fast for the day normal duties resumes. But u can agree with ur spouse and move to another level of denial by saying no sex for some period. It is howver not a sin a not a law that sex is prohibited during Fasting. But uR expectations fuels your denial

1 Like

Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by kenex4ever(m): 9:47am On Jan 07, 2015
robosky02:

with the new year around. lots of churches seem to be holding fasting programme. raging from 7 days to as much as 100 days fasting. a question that was put to me by a newly wedded woman is this:

"What scriptures teach that fasting and/or refraining from sex during a fast, and/or denying oneself lovemaking to your spouse? I am a newlywed and my husband told me that when a person fasts he/she cannot have sexual relationships. You must deny your flesh of all pleasures. Is it true? What scriptures back this up?"

thus my question to the house

it is proper to have sex during fasting period?
or
what level of intimacy is ok?
or
how should one behave is is total abstannace eg for those doing 100 days?

note this is very seroius. so your contribution is vital

thanks
guy! when u r fasting, u naturally can not have sex becos sex goes with food(d energy required for sex is gotten from food) but when u eventually break d fast for d day, u can have sex provided u r legally married. No pastor can tell me otherwise except he can back it up with some bible verses.

2 Likes

Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by ireneony(f): 9:48am On Jan 07, 2015
lalasticlala:

Mmmmmmmmhhhhhhhhh
which is mmmmhhh again undecided
Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by lalasticlala(m): 9:49am On Jan 07, 2015
ireneony:
which is mmmmhhh again undecided

Her comment caught my attention. Lol
Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by Larow(m): 9:49am On Jan 07, 2015
Ploy:
For the married, it's good. For the singles, it's not good na.

The married can even break fast with kpekus. It's a way of appreciating God for ya unity. You should, however, do it in the night.
nairalanders no go kill me ooooooo! Lollllllllll
Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by robosky02(m): 9:51am On Jan 07, 2015
ireneony:
just because I like your picture, I should fast first undecided...how are you feeling like wink

dont get me wrong its the fasting season i mean

thanks
Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by gab19: 9:51am On Jan 07, 2015
robosky02:

with the new year around. lots of churches seem to be holding fasting programme. raging from 7 days to as much as 100 days fasting. a question that was put to me by a newly wedded woman is this:

"What scriptures teach that fasting and/or refraining from sex during a fast, and/or denying oneself lovemaking to your spouse? I am a newlywed and my husband told me that when a person fasts he/she cannot have sexual relationships. You must deny your flesh of all pleasures. Is it true? What scriptures back this up?"

or
or

thanks
what I will tell u is follow what ur husband says.
Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by samtol4(m): 9:52am On Jan 07, 2015
kristina1:
It's very wrong

When you fast,you are denying yourself pleasures,so as to be very closer to God

it's not right to have sex during fasting.
so when you have sex (married couple)will make you not tto be closer to God ?so if u have sex doing fasting is a sin?
Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by omotollha: 9:52am On Jan 07, 2015
If dia wil be time for them to break the fast, dey can have sex, but if they are going on marathon fasting, it will be hard to cope... If we look at it very well, marriage is mainly for sex.. And dats d only time one is permitted to av sex and it ll not make sense if dey deprive each other of such pleasure...
Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by ireneony(f): 9:52am On Jan 07, 2015
lalasticlala:

Her comment caught my attention. Lol
what she said was right what breaking the fast, there's nothing wrong doing the thing grin..
Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by Barezzi(m): 9:53am On Jan 07, 2015
I am not sure its possible to go without food and water for over 21 days...
Fast are usually broken daily, so the couple can indulge in the glorious act of kpekus wink
There is no sin!
Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by ireneony(f): 9:54am On Jan 07, 2015
robosky02:

dont get me wrong its the fasting season i mean

thanks
ok....
De there de form before express go soon leave you cheesy

1 Like

Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by jingh(f): 9:55am On Jan 07, 2015
lalasticlala:

Mmmmmmmmhhhhhhhhh
as in
Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by Nobody: 9:55am On Jan 07, 2015
Fasting is a period of time to starve the body of its wants which is most times evil. Even though sex with your spouse is good, but to strengthen your spirit in God you must show him that you can do without the pleasures of the world.

DO NOT HAVE SEX DURING FAST...
Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by Nobody: 9:56am On Jan 07, 2015
if husband and wife r not aloud to bang during fasting, dey shouldn't do so even after. dey v been made legal dey v been made legal. no being hypocritical abourit
Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by ireneony(f): 9:56am On Jan 07, 2015
munex007:
In islam its prohibited to have sex(Marital) during the Fast but nothing wrong after breaking the fast for the Day
do most nairalanders looks like a Muslim to you ba undecided...
Keep Islamic teaching out of this, this is strictly for christians

1 Like

Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by emestephen595(m): 9:58am On Jan 07, 2015
Bros, abeg ask the godly pastors. We here aren't quallified to answer this question. Cos almost all of on nairaland stilll sin. So, who are we to judge by our answers?
Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by Frankiss44(m): 9:58am On Jan 07, 2015
robosky02:

or

or

thanks

During the fast its better both of you should abstain ... but by mutual consent. But at the end of the day, if you have broken the fast, then you are free to have sex.

But during the fast, if one party becomes Hot and the other party tries to talk out the person out of it with no avail, then the Hot party shouldnt be deprived.

God is not a man that doesnt understand.

1 Like

Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by searay(m): 9:58am On Jan 07, 2015
I don't like sex. Do I?
Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by Nobody: 9:58am On Jan 07, 2015
if husband and wife r not allowed to bang during fasting, dey shouldn't do so even after. dey v been made legal dey v been made legal. no being hypocritical abourit
Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by tunapius(m): 9:59am On Jan 07, 2015
JoeCutie:
Exactly? See who's talking... undecided tongue
if u be woman now, i for knw d kind qstn wey i go ask u
Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by lalasticlala(m): 9:59am On Jan 07, 2015
ireneony:
what she said was right what breaking the fast, there's nothing wrong doing the thing grin..

Hahahahaha. Ok oooo.
Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by femolevsky(m): 10:00am On Jan 07, 2015
The purpose of fasting is to deny yourself things that stimulate your flesh/mind, in order to clear it so you can hear God better, and receive instructions clearly.

Now, as a Newly married couple, you are not supposed to engage in any fast that especially includes denying yourselves your intimate duties. Also, depending on your own bodies, even if you have been married a while, you need to communicate your limits to your spouse and determine how long you can abstain.

Note: if during your agreed abstinence, you feel the urge denying your the concentration you need, it's ok to ask permission from your spouse to clear that urge and continue your fast. In essence, it's really between you and your spouse and what you are fasting for and expecting. However, if you receive express instructions to abstain totally, pls try your best to do so during the period.

Enjoy.

2 Likes

Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by ireneony(f): 10:01am On Jan 07, 2015
searay:
I don't like sex. Do I?
go tell that one to your papa....this is strictly for people that are intellectual, your opinion are not needed
Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by samtol4(m): 10:02am On Jan 07, 2015
MamaDDD:
During the 70 days of MFM fasting, my husband and i can make love after he d breaking of his fast till 11:59pm but once it is 12am no show again till he breaks his fast again.
Best comment so far and I absolutely agree with such fasting.But there must be agreement by both parties .
Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by ireneony(f): 10:04am On Jan 07, 2015
lalasticlala:

Hahahahaha. Ok oooo.
better start talking, and stop hiding under the canopy of supermods....we need the other side of you.
Please stop acting like a middle man cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Your Personality Is Shaped By Your Month Of Birth / Funbact A Or Skinneal? Which Is Beta? / Black Parents, White Blond Baby Not Albino (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.