Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,336 members, 7,780,879 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:55 AM

It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? (169994 Views)

My Husband Rubs ‘Anointing Oil’ On His Manhood Before We Have Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by robosky02(m): 11:41am On Jan 08, 2015
this matter eh hmmmmmmmm
Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by MrOrioye(m): 12:23pm On Jan 08, 2015
I do not intend to mislead anyone. I am currently fasting and I have sex after I break the fast with some good food.

My view is, submit yourself (body and soul) when fasting. But the moment you break that fast by eating anything, forget! Your flesh has taken something so you can have sex (only the married o tongue). Trust me, when the bible say "flesh" it comprises everything the body does- food, sex etc.

But if you're on marathon for both day and night and you don't break your fast at any time, then it's total abstinence. All you need to do is Agree with your spouse.

3 Likes

Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by robosky02(m): 2:02pm On Jan 08, 2015
MrOrioye:
I do not intend to mislead anyone. I am currently fasting and I have sex after I break the fast with some good food.

My view is, submit yourself (body and soul) when fasting. But the moment you break that fast by eating anything, forget! Your flesh has taken something so you can have sex (only the married o tongue). Trust me, when the bible say "flesh" it comprises everything the body does- food, sex etc.

But if you're on marathon for both day and night and you don't break your fast at any time, then it's total abstinence. All you need to do is Agree with your spouse.

interesting hmmmmmmmmmm
Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by berepiki(m): 7:10pm On Jan 08, 2015
almujahidy:
The crux of the matter is that you Christians don't have guiding principles of such sensitive situations. Islam will put you through, it's very comprehensive and complete. Islam left no stone unturned.
... The bible is d manual for all human endeavors... EVEN ISLAM RELY ON THE BIBLE... THE BIBLE IS THE STANDARD... NEGLET IT AND GET DESTROYED IN JESUS NAME AMEN
Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by MrOrioye(m): 3:59pm On Jan 09, 2015
almujahidy:
The crux of the matter is that you Christians don't have guiding principles of such sensitive situations. Islam will put you through, it's very comprehensive and complete. Islam left no stone unturned.

To have said such thing, I think you're sick. The Bible (our guideline) was in existence way long before your prophet was even born dude. If Islam left no stone unturned, why do people kill for the context of the quran? Are "some" of the things they do not well stated in the quran to be guidelines for making heaven? Why didn't islam bring out a better guideline to curb this?

1 Like

Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by robosky02(m): 9:54pm On Jan 09, 2015
adeyemi91:
This is the question i've been tryna ask buh i can't... Tanx 4 asking

ok
Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jan 09, 2015
kristina1:
It's very wrong

When you fast,you are denying yourself pleasures,so as to be very closer to God

it's not right to have sex during fasting.

You see, with all these 'right' and 'wrong' I personally filter everything. Even in church, after they say theirs, I yimu, then filter based on several prinicples and just live right.

For couples, they have to agree. One shouldn't take such decision without completely agreeing witht he other. The spouse's body is for both of them. FORGET what they say in some churches.
Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by robosky02(m): 10:10am On Apr 23, 2015
cedaraustine:

You see, with all these 'right' and 'wrong' I personally filter everything. Even in church, after they say theirs, I yimu, then filter based on several prinicples and just live right.

For couples, they have to agree. One shouldn't take such decision without completely agreeing witht he other. The spouse's body is for both of them. FORGET what they say in some churches.
Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by robosky02(m): 12:28pm On Jun 18, 2015
WHAT WILL BE YOUR REACTION IF YOU ARE A MUSLIM

as the month of ramadan is here what will be your reaction. if asked this question.
Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by zeezee03: 1:37pm On Jun 18, 2015
make una park well. if u marry he no mean. na when u never marry na big sin oooo.
Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by robosky02(m): 1:55pm On Jun 18, 2015
zeezee03:
make una park well. if u marry he no mean. na when u never marry na big sin oooo.

but its supposed to be ramadam "holy month"
Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by chiandosi: 12:41am On Jul 12, 2016
So pay the price, let it be just for the period, after which you have yourselves always for each other, and please do explain this to your wife and secure her agreement before you say no to her, depriving her of her due benevolence as the Scripture puts it.

I don't know about 40 days or 100 days fasting. but if your fast is in the range of a week or two, please abstain from sexual pleasures. Sex (with or without your wife or husband) weakens the spirit man, just as it weakens the physical body. it depletes the spirit. you suddenly feel like you want to sleep when your spirit should be on fire for prayers and God. There is actually no perfect biblical passage that can tell you for certain what you should or should not do in your marriage especially in the aspect of sex. However, it is the holy spirit who teaches us all things. if you are a true Christian, the holy spirit should be present everyday to define to you what fasting is all about. it is not an exercise of the flesh, it is a spiritual exercise which we use in fellowship with God (who is also a spiritual being). If your spouse doesn't allow you to embark on days long fasting and prayer (which you deem important) make sure to pray for him or her that God should soften his or her mind to allow you excercise your spirit man. God bless you all.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by robosky02(m): 4:51pm On Jul 12, 2016
chiandosi:
So pay the price, let it be just for the period, after which you have yourselves always for each other, and please do explain this to your wife and secure her agreement before you say no to her, depriving her of her due benevolence as the Scripture puts it.

I don't know about 40 days or 100 days fasting. but if your fast is in the range of a week or two, please abstain from sexual pleasures. Sex (with or without your wife or husband) weakens the spirit man, just as it weakens the physical body. it depletes the spirit. you suddenly feel like you want to sleep when your spirit should be on fire for prayers and God. There is actually no perfect biblical passage that can tell you for certain what you should or should not do in your marriage especially in the aspect of sex. However, it is the holy spirit who teaches us all things. if you are a true Christian, the holy spirit should be present everyday to define to you what fasting is all about. it is not an exercise of the flesh, it is a spiritual exercise which we use in fellowship with God (who is also a spiritual being). If your spouse doesn't allow you to embark on days long fasting and prayer (which you deem important) make sure to pray for him or her that God should soften his or her mind to allow you excercise your spirit man. God bless you all.....

and whats the Islamic position to this
Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by kunleben1: 2:52pm On Aug 30, 2016
naijadeyhia:
many of u fail to understand what fasting is all about. fasting does not only focus on food. fasting is to deny ur body what it loves the most. for some people abstinence from food comes naturally to them so fast or no fast they feel nothing. some love business, telvision, intercourse, and so on. Fasting is to choose ur vice and abstain from it.

Now to the question asked, God encourages intercourse in marriage. the more the better. If a couple is to abstain at any time including fasting both of them need to agree on this but when one refuses to agree then the other should give his or her body. Now even if both agree to abstain because of a fast it should be for a short time so as not to give room to temptation. In other words a fast is not greater or holier than a frequent intercourse in marriage because u can still pray while having marital intercourse but fasting while in disagreement over intercourse with ur spouse renders ur fast void.

u said it all. u r a man of understanding.
Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by kashamyanat: 5:58pm On Aug 30, 2016
robosky02:

3.The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband.
4 The wife does not have authority over her own body but yields it to her husband. In the same way, the husband does not have authority over his own body but yields it to his wife.
5 Do not deprive each other except perhaps by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satano will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.

1 Corinthians 7:3–5

how does this apply
yes I agree. Based on my own understanding during those particular fasting hours e.g 6am to 6pm is when u can stay apart. But b.4 or after those hours u can go ahead N hav sex. Thats my bliv N dats what I practice. This goes a long way in discouraging xtra marital sex especially wen the fasting days are long.
Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by robosky02(m): 9:52am On Aug 31, 2016
kunleben1:

u said it all. u r a man of understanding.

ok then go and do so

lol cheesy
Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by Angelmoses(m): 12:53am On Jan 29, 2018
I have read so many comments and suggestions, but I want to make this clear to everyone here "behold I was shapen in iniquity and in sin did my mother conceive me" psalm 51. Sex on its own as an act, whether in marriage or not in marriage is already a sin. Then ask yourself, what is fasting? What do I need to do to observe a good fasting with my required result? There's holy matrimony but there's never a holy sex. Fasting (good one o, not the one everybody around you will know that you're fasting) has its communication spiritually and brings its result physically whereas sex has its communication biologically and brings its result physically.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Your Personality Is Shaped By Your Month Of Birth / Funbact A Or Skinneal? Which Is Beta? / Black Parents, White Blond Baby Not Albino (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.