Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,583 members, 7,809,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:39 PM

Bluetooth: History Of Name & Logo - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Bluetooth: History Of Name & Logo (1624 Views)

A Brief History Of Physics(the Four Physical Forces) / Eternal 5D Data Storage Could Record The History Of Humankind / Get Whatsapp Chat History Of Other People By Typing Their Number (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bluetooth: History Of Name & Logo by Imoobot(m): 10:21pm On Jan 06, 2015
I just discovered that the name Bluetooth was borrowed from the 10th-century, second king of Denmark, King Harald Bluetooth who was famous for uniting Scandinavia.

He got the name Bluetooth as his teeth were stained blue from eating so many blueberries. Much like what Zobo does to your teeth. But Zobo, on the other hand, stains ones teeth red, of course. I don’t want anyone coming out later to say Dayo said… anyway.

Harald Bluetooth was the Viking king of Denmark from 958 to 970. He was famous for uniting parts of Denmark and Norway into one nation and converting the Danes to Christianity.

And that’s what Bluetooth does, it unites. It doesn’t convert though. No, wait, it does. The Bluetooth earpiece converts a perfectly sane human into a lunatic talking to himself in public.

And get this, the Bluetooth logo actually is the initials of Harald Bluetooth written in Scandinavian runeCool.

Cool! I wish I had my name in runes. Oh wait, I do, ᛞᚫᛃᛟ, Cooool!

Definition of words you might not be familiar with:

Scandinavia-Region in Northern Europe with common cultural heritage ,countries include Norway, Sweden and Finland.

Re: Bluetooth: History Of Name & Logo by herald9: 10:24pm On Jan 06, 2015
Imoobot:
I just discovered that the name Bluetooth was borrowed from the 10th-century, second king of Denmark, King Harald Bluetooth who was famous for uniting Scandinavia.

He got the name Bluetooth as his teeth were stained blue from eating so many blueberries. Much like what Zobo does to your teeth. But Zobo, on the other hand, stains ones teeth red, of course. I don’t want anyone coming out later to say Dayo said… anyway.

Harald Bluetooth was the Viking king of Denmark from 958 to 970. He was famous for uniting parts of Denmark and Norway into one nation and converting the Danes to Christianity.

And that’s what Bluetooth does, it unites. It doesn’t convert though. No, wait, it does. The Bluetooth earpiece converts a perfectly sane human into a lunatic talking to himself in public.

And get this, the Bluetooth logo actually is the initials of Harald Bluetooth written in Scandinavian runeCool.

Cool! I wish I had my name in runes. Oh wait, I do, ᛞᚫᛃᛟ, Cooool!

Definition of words you might not be familiar with:

Scandinavia-Region in Northern Europe with common cultural heritage ,countries include Norway, Sweden and Finland.

Hmmmm the famous man is almost bearing my moniker...

Harald ⇨Heraldsmiley

1 Like

Re: Bluetooth: History Of Name & Logo by Imoobot(m): 10:26pm On Jan 06, 2015
herald9:

Hmmmm the famous man is almost bearing my moniker...

Harald ⇨Heraldsmiley

Thank God for your life.

(1) (Reply)

Smok TFV8 Sub Ohm Tank Released / See Photos Of The Snake We Killed Today / Helicopter Built By A Student Of University Of Uyo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.