Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,262 members, 7,807,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:11 PM

Fulfilled Dreams - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Fulfilled Dreams (55954 Views)

In Search Of Dreams (a Story Of Love And Racism) / Dreams And Nightmares / The Fulfilled Man( A Short Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fulfilled Dreams by Daughterzion(f): 9:45am On Dec 17, 2015
U wil knw kathy nd jack soon. Yes faith was 5 months, now plus the additiona 9 months mrs Daniel had carry lilian in the womb. Its over a year nw
uniquebandi:
nice story. But am kind of confuse sha.

who's Kathy and jack

and u said Mrs Daniel's baby was five months when she slept with her ex that means Faith is five months older than Lilian.?
Re: Fulfilled Dreams by uniquebandi(f): 1:19pm On Dec 17, 2015
Daughterzion:
U wil knw kathy nd jack soon. Yes faith was 5 months, now plus the additiona 9 months mrs Daniel had carry lilian in the womb. Its over a year nw
OK now I get.
Re: Fulfilled Dreams by Daughterzion(f): 10:48am On Dec 24, 2015
END OF PART ONE... PART TWO LOADING....... wink
Re: Fulfilled Dreams by Daughterzion(f): 10:53am On Dec 24, 2015
Notice: please i want to start part two with a diffrent format.......it is going to be from the characters Point Of View A.k.a POV.
Here, they would be the one narrating the stories themselves eg......instead of me writing 'LILIAN HAD A SCARY DREAM', it would be ' I HEARD A SCARY DREAM' From Lilians point of view and so will it be with other characters.
Is that okay by you?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fulfilled Dreams by harjibolar10(m): 8:13pm On Dec 24, 2015
Daughterzion:
Notice: please i want to start part two with a diffrent format.......it is going to be from the characters Point Of View A.k.a POV.
Here, they would be the one narrating the stories themselves eg......instead of me writing 'LILIAN HAD A SCARY DREAM', it would be ' I HEARD A SCARY DREAM' From Lilians point of view and so will it be with other characters.
Is that okay by you?
Its very okay by me, only if there won't be tautology

I mean, repetition of some scenes, which will involve like 2 characters or more, and you will repeat the scene from both character POV... Saves from that, it's very okay by me
Re: Fulfilled Dreams by Daughterzion(f): 2:09pm On Dec 31, 2015
PART TWO.
LILIAN'S POINT OF VIEW.

I walked down the streets with nowhere in mind at the moment. Looking at me, you would think i was insane because my appearance looked no different than those mentally affected people we see on the road everyday...... I stil had my nightgown on because 'dad' didnt let me change, my hair was scattered all over my miserable face which had become pale as a result of excess tears. On my feets were a pair of worn out bathroom slippers all thanks to Faith who wouldnt let me change them. People looked at me akwardly and i didnt blame them cause i was no different from who they thought i was.
My stomach grumbled reminding me that apart from the water i drank as food yersterday morning, it was empty. I still had my luggages with me which dad had at least let me arrange before dragging me out of his house......i shouldnt even call him dad but what can i do? No matter what he is still my father. I looked around obviously looking for an eatery but there was none in sight except for a local vendor popularly known as 'mama put'....that was the only option i had but i denied it and was about walking away when my stomach grumbled again,this time so loud that a poor looking man who passed me turned to me and smiled...he probably understood the feeling. Slowly i walked over to the local vendor conscious of my appearance.
Sighting me she shouted
"solly o, Reta you come i never sell firish"
i looked at her in confusion and she must have noticed for she said.

"i say no reftover, u no dey here?"

slowly i understood what she meant.

"no ma. I want to buy food" i said convincing her i wasnt insane. I watched as her eyeballs grew bigger in suprise. She nodded as she opened a big cooler obviously filled with white rice.

"how much own"

i looked into my purse that i had brought out from my box.

"uhm rice hundred, plantain 50 and a meat" i gave her two hundred naira which she took and put into her dirty looking apron.
"please can i eat here?"i asked politely. She hesitated obviously thinking my appearance would scare away costumers before nodding.

I thanked her and sat down to eat. As i ate i thought about my next course of action. I had nowhere to go and school would be resuming next week, i tried to think of any relatives who lived in Lagos but the only one i thought of lived far away......an idea crept into my brain, i would travel to school and find a hostel. I threw away the now empty take away i used to eat and politely requested for water which she gave.
I cleaned my face and packed my hair,then cleaned my now very dirty legs which were covered with dust. Bathing and brushin my teeth were the least things in my mind. I thanked the woman whom i guessed to be from anambra because of the way she spoke.

Now all i had in mind was my journey to anambra where am to start schooling. A child of about ten years passed looking at me akwardly. 'What? I thought i had cleaned up' i thought as i checked myself, then it hit me......my nightgown!.
It was 11am already and i had to change but where would i change? I scanned the environment again and it seemed like the woman saw my confusion for she asked
"la wetin?"

i turned to the woman, she was my only hope.

"ma please i want to change my dress"

she looked at me like i was mad, well maybe i was because if i wasn't how would i tell a vendor that i wanted to change a dress. She was about to say something when i interrupted.

"its a long story". She nodded as if in understanding.

"go for that uncompreted building...nobrody gro see you" i nodded silently thanking her but i needed one more favour.
"please can i keep this box here while i go change"

she nodded and i sighed in relief as i took some outfit out of my bag and went to change.

A few minutes i came back looking better. She smiled and i smiled back as i took my box, thanked her and left.

Anambra here i come!

1 Like

Re: Fulfilled Dreams by nimat158(f): 7:38pm On Dec 31, 2015
welcum back DAUGTHERZION

1 Like

Re: Fulfilled Dreams by Ashiat39(f): 12:48pm On Jan 01, 2016
Tnk u 4 d update. Stl following
Re: Fulfilled Dreams by Daughterzion(f): 5:11pm On Jan 01, 2016
I dont understand.....i was banned by antispambolt after preparing a very long update and now my update is nowhere to be seen. Ugh!
Re: Fulfilled Dreams by Daughterzion(f): 7:16pm On Jan 06, 2016
Lilian's Point Of View!

Luckily for me i settled in rather quickly. Now i had only three things on my mind......my education, my job as a cleaner which was the only source of revenue for me and my roomate who was now more like a sister to me cause mine is an idiot!

We did almost everything together and knew each other's secret. I told her everything about my family and she did the same. Her name is Kathy and she is an indigene of Enugu state. Her mom just like mine is dead but unlike me her father is everything you would want in a father. She had no siblings but had lots of friends...i guess that made it up.

Gosh! Its 5pm already....i slapped myself mentally as i ran to prepare for work....it's late already but i can still meet up!

Today unlike every other days was a special day for the company.....the son of the C.E.O of the company was coming on a visit and though i didnt know why every staff was instructed to be at work by 5:30.

I quickly took out my uniform for work which was a jean trouser and a white t shirt. I was about buckling my shoes when Kathy came in with a sack bag on her left hand. She had probably gone to market.

"oh my God! Am so weeeeaaakk"she stressed sinking into a chair. Then noticing my swift action she asked
"where to?..........oh its today!" i nodded as i frantically looked for my phone.

She looke at the clock and gasped. It was 5:18 but i was through. I quickly shoved some money and waved a goodbye to which she nodded with a smile. I zoomed off.

I got to the company at exactly 5:35 and was amazed to see that everything was already set for his arrival which would be by 6.

I quickly took a mob bucket and headed to a swept area and began work. Nobody payed attention to me.

20 minutes later i was through. I dropped the mob bucket and went to find a clean towel. I found it and like a machine, started cleaning the louvres with the help of my co cleaners.
Contrary to what you think there wasnt much work today because we did most of it yersterday evening, i was a part time worker.

Just then we heard the sound of a car's horn. Everybody quickly dispatched every working material and went to a big hall where the visit was supposed to take place. I looked out of the windows to see a jeep that i thought i was familiar with but shrugged it off.
The hall was filled with every staff of "RICKRELL ENTERPRISES" when he arrived. The doors opened to reveal a young man in his early twenties.....i could help but admire his features. Tall, slim, nice body build, fair and not to mention very attractive.....i looked closer and was shocked, he was someone i never knew i would meet again.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulfilled Dreams by HENSEXIE(f): 10:46pm On Jan 06, 2016
Awwww!!tbx,but d update is shrt.pls come aπϑ updat oooo grin

Nice work BTW

1 Like

Re: Fulfilled Dreams by Ashiat39(f): 3:33pm On Jan 10, 2016
Zee, to be sincere, I lov dz tory, it is so interestn. Next update pls
Re: Fulfilled Dreams by Daughterzion(f): 6:38pm On Jan 10, 2016
I got home to see Kathy snoring. Gosh! I quickly tiptoed to the kitchen to eat. After eating, i changed my clothes and went straight to bed.
i woke up at exactly 8:22. Thank God there were no lectures today. I got up to find Kathy cooking. I thanked God because i was hungry already.....yeah i know what you are thinking, i am not fat!
I greeted her and she responded casually but i knew what was coming next so i quickly took my toiletries and rushed to the bathroom.
When i was through, i came back to the room to see a steaming plate of jollof rice on the table. Without thinking i dug in not even bothering to change my clothes. When the rice was now buried in my belly, i took our now empty plates to wash. When i came back, the interview began.

"so tell me about yersterday" she asked

"uhm cool just that......."

"what!" she screamed. She knew gist was coming.

" guess" i teased. She frowned and whinned.

"say na" i didnt talk "ok you fell in love with the guy?" she teased back. She knew that would get back at me cause i had told her about Leo.

I beat her playfully "thats out of it. Guess again" she gave me a pleading look "ok i will tell you under one condition"

"what?" she was excited

"you wont interrupt me till i finish" she nodded eagerly.

I took a breath in.

"the guy seemed to be someone i knew. His name is Eric. And......." i paused. Kathy made a baby face

"the guy cornered me somewhere and asked me out!"

kathy leapt for joy. "OH MY GEE!"

i glared at her "am not through yet!" she sat down quietly like a little kid.

"i rejected....." kathy was about to scream but i hushed her and continued
" he asked why and i told him i was busy and then....."
**FLASHBACK**
"But why?"Eric asked

"am always busy" i replied. That was a lie. "i need to go now. I have lectures tomorrow" another lie. I was about walking away when he grabbed my left arm.
I looked at him.

"uhm can i tell you something?" i nodded

"you know right from the day i saw you crying i.....i......" he couldnt finish. His head was bowed.

"go on"

It looked like he summoned up courage for he looked at me eyeball to eyeball and said "I LOVE YOU"

i was shocked. Is this guy crazy? We just met once. As if reading my thoughts he said.

"i know its strange but i couldnt help it. I have been expecting your call. Lilian Please Believe Me"

Well thats the shortest Love line ave ever heard of. He released his grip on me and waited for a reply.

"Am sorry Eric but i have a boyfriend" i told him and watched his reaction but suprisingly he just nodded and walked away.

Wait oo is this guy even serious
*END OF FLASHBACK*

Kathy had her mouth ajar when i was through
"Lilian are you crazy?! Leo is very far away"

"yeah but am prepared to wait for him!" i said sturbornly

"but what if he doesnt wait for you!"

I was shocked at this statement. I never thought of that!

1 Like

Re: Fulfilled Dreams by harjibolar10(m): 8:53pm On Jan 10, 2016
Daughterzion:
Kathy had her mouth ajar when i was through
"Lilian are you crazy?! Eric Leo is very far away"
:-(

I think, you mean to write Leo, abi?

Just my opinion thou.... And keep em coming dear
Re: Fulfilled Dreams by Daughterzion(f): 4:07am On Jan 11, 2016
Yes! Thanks. This Eric don enter my brain. I love that name
harjibolar10:

I think, you mean to write Leo, abi?

Just my opinion thou.... And keep em coming dear
Re: Fulfilled Dreams by Ashiat39(f): 10:53pm On Jan 11, 2016
Pls Lilian, I wnt u to wait 4 Leo o. Thnk u 4 d update
Re: Fulfilled Dreams by harjibolar10(m): 6:27am On Jan 13, 2016
Daughterzion:
Yes! Thanks. This Eric don enter my brain. I love that name
wink
Re: Fulfilled Dreams by Daughterzion(f): 8:51pm On Jan 24, 2016
I tried to forget that statement but i couldnt cause it kept stickimg to my memory......what if he doesnt come back? what would become of me? i didnt have a family anymore.............who would i run to? I sighed. my life was too pathetic right now. no family not much friends and here am patiently waiting for some one who might not come back..........Just great!!!!! Kathy was out on a date with uhm a guy, i think his name is Richmond.......?......i may be wrong though but that doesnj matter i just needed someone to talk to. i picked my phone and checked my balance, i wasnt surprised to see 0.03 kobo...well i was used to it. call it poverty if you like....but then something just flashed through my memory. Eric hadnt called me for the past 1 week and to me, that seemed like a year. Dont blame me thats what love does to people. i wonder whats wrong, i could have called but you know how it is. Before he calls me everx two days but now..........

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Fulfilled Dreams by Daughterzion(f): 9:32pm On Jan 24, 2016
i was deep in thought when the door flew open to reveal a drunk Kathx. i gasped and went to help her out... i lay her on the bed and went to get her water but before i came back she slept off.I sighed and went to get a wrapper so i could sleep on the floor,the room was hot.
Just as i was about to sleep i remembered something. i took off her clothes and wore her a night gown. I looked at her face, it was a clear pictvre of pain and that pain did i look at till i slept off.

Morning came quickly and unfortunately for me it was monday so i had lectures. i knew Kathy wouldnt go to lectures, i havent even asked what happened. i warmed the left over stew as i prepared for school. kathy woke up 10 minutes later but was in mood to talk, i understood her gloomy faceand so didnt ask her about it.........At least not yet. 20 minutes later i was through, i picked my bag andwaved to her before exiting..............Little did i know what that day held for me.

1 Like

Re: Fulfilled Dreams by Fantasticks: 9:45pm On Jan 24, 2016
It's an awesome story. Waiting patiently for an update
Re: Fulfilled Dreams by Ashiat39(f): 11:20pm On Jan 25, 2016
D' u ar doin a vry gud job hea. Tnk u soo much bt dz waitn is killn nw
Re: Fulfilled Dreams by Daughterzion(f): 7:58pm On Feb 07, 2016
it was 4pm on the dot when i branched to a cafeteria to get a lunch. i was farmished and i guess it was obvious the way i devoured my meal. After eating i decided to trek home. i was just about reaching home when suddenly someone snatched my purse.I saw a teenager running as fast as he could! oh God! This cant be happening i cried....ten thousand naira i was told to give Kathy from a friend was in it and my phone! i shouted for help but the boy was now far gone.......If not for my dignity i would have rolled on the floor. i was crying profusely but no one took a second look at me. i didnt have the face to go home, what would Kathy think of me? i saw a nearby bench and sat down, tears still flowing. 25 minutes later it looked like it was about to rain. i still had my bag which was hung on my shoulder. my books were in my bag and i dont want it to be wet. i sighed as i stood up....i walked home dejected.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fulfilled Dreams by Daughterzion(f): 8:19pm On Feb 07, 2016
when i got home,kathy was in a better mood.she was cooking and humming a senseless tune when i entered. i didnt know how to begin until she swirled around with a grin on her face..was this the kathy i saw last night maybe not!
"hey dont just stand there help me" she said.This was the time

"uhm kathy am sorry i lost your money"

she was silent and i thought she didnt hear me.
"Uhm i said i.........."
"I heard you. the ten k?"

i nodded.
"Thieves?"
I was shocked how did she know? "How..d.did you....."

"they are common around here...Wait is that why you are crying?"

i nodded again

"oh come on! its ok"

"really?"
"Yeah. now help me slice those onions"
i nodded "but what happened?"I asked.
"Oh that.Richmond almost died!"

my eyes shot open."What? what happened".
"Forget about that. hes okay now"i wanted to talk "am not gonna tell"
i signed i knew she meant that.

"Oh and he invited us to a party. his bosom friend is coming from the united states"

"us?"

"yeah i told him about you.Go!"

i did

1 Like

Re: Fulfilled Dreams by Daughterzion(f): 12:18pm On Feb 14, 2016
After dinner i brought the topic up again.
"But kathy you know our final exams are around the corner"
yeah you read right,i had spent four years already!

"So? look we have been reading since. a party wont make us fail"

She was right but i wasnt the type to give up "but......."

"We are going and thats that!"

yep........She was in her bossy mood again. i gave up.

when my phone was stolen, so was Leo's number........But that was not it, since my second year i hadnt been able to call Leo because it was unavailable and so was that of Jude.Mara and i hadnt seen ourselves since so i didnt have her new number.I just hope they are okay.

"hey be fast! am almost done. we are gonna be late"Kathy snapped.

Yeah it was time for the party. i sighed as i buckled my pink sandals that complimented my white dress.I was truly beautiful and i bet this party was worth it!

IF Only I Knew........................

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

1 Like

Re: Fulfilled Dreams by heemah(f): 4:58pm On Feb 14, 2016
I must confess you have a nice story but you are not committed which has made you lose followers..Your updates are way too short too..
Re: Fulfilled Dreams by Daughterzion(f): 7:12pm On Feb 14, 2016
heemah:
I must confess you have a nice story but you are not committed which has made you lose followers..Your updates are way too short too..
thanks! its jst that i got a new phone whose maximum number of letters is 1000. but am gonna try to improve
Re: Fulfilled Dreams by bummybummy(f): 7:49am On Feb 15, 2016
u av a nice story but try nd updat twice weneva u wnt 2 update
Re: Fulfilled Dreams by Daughterzion(f): 7:30pm On Mar 10, 2016
We got to the party when its excitement was at its peak but suprisingly the host, Richmond hadnt arrived yet.We got the information he would be arriving with the celebrant who was his bosom friend who just got back.

I and Kathy made ourselves comfortable at a table for two as we hummed and moved our body rhythmically tn the music. it was obvious the party was glamourous judging from the guests appearance.

Kathy greeted some friends i didnt know she had while i looked around searching for nothing in particular. After some minutes she called Richmond whom said he was on his way. I sighed thinking of the number of pages i could have covered if i were home. I stood to find the restroom when coincidetaly, a snow white limousine pulled up, the celebrants!

Everyone cheered as they stood to welcome them,i was among.

A huge man who i took to be the driver got out first and went round to open the door.
I was amazed, this car was beautiful! definetely cost millions.
Richmond stepped out, adjusted

1 Like

Re: Fulfilled Dreams by Daughterzion(f): 8:03pm On Mar 10, 2016
blue suit and gave a dazzling smile. He stepped aside for the celebrant. Suddenly i saw journalists and cameramen crowding the door, i was confused, a celebrity? wow! i must snap this. I took Kathy's phone which shd gave me to hold and took up the task of a videoman.

The first we saw was a pair of obviously expensive blue shoes...........i held my breath............a well fitted white trouser and a suit to match.......and then the face.

I must confess i gasped. The celeb was devastatingly handsome but had dark shades on and lowered his head so you couldnt see his face properly.

Then i saw a beautiful pair of blue stilletos which graduated to reveal a stunning young lady in a white dress. The guy put his right hand around her as a mark of ownership as they made their way through the crowd,it was obvious they were a couple. The media followed sturbbornly behind.

Finally the guy looked up and i gasped again. Not because he was awfully gorgeous which he was, but because i knew him!

2 Likes

Re: Fulfilled Dreams by ayorinbolableszy(f): 7:39pm On Mar 11, 2016
u ar really doing a great job...more ink to ur pen...update pls d suspense is killing me

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) / How I Lost A 150k Per Month Job because of a Cockroach !!! / THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.