Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,748 members, 7,802,290 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:01 PM

Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! (46176 Views)

Why Are There Many Pregnant Brides Nowadays? / A Thread For 2016 Brides and Grooms To Be / A No Reception Wedding: How Feasible? Come In, Let's Discuss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by rushino: 10:55pm On Mar 04, 2015
Personally, u have too many colours
My advice:
Choose colour(s) for couple n den choose ur weddingcolur(s)
Obviously u want ur parents to standout, that can easily be done by how u do combination, e.g. they only go with one of the wedding colours and combine with a new colour. U don't have to preselected it, whoever will go n buy it can do that, depending on what they see when buying
The parent usually wear different gele from guest- both wedding colour, so u can split the wedding colours like that
Then the guest can wear the other colour for their clothes n for the gele the second colour
Hope u get it
The whole point of aso ebi is for colour coordination. So everything has to blend in to get.

I would have given u suggeions but don't even know ur actual wedding colour(s)

shocked
lawvlypearl:
Getting married this year pls help with my colors

Engagement
Couple : emerald green and peach
Parents: sky blue and navy blue
Families: wine and gold

Wedding
Deco and bridal party: olive green, coral and a touch of cream
Parents: peach and teal
Families: lemon green and cream

The colour I'm confused about is d parent colour for d engagement, pls kindly help choose where inappropriate

Groom loves green like kilode
tongue

2 Likes

Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by nkkystel(f): 11:40pm On Mar 04, 2015
maureensylvia:
nananana...how do i start now? my traditional marriage is on easter, don't even know where to start from, op and co can u help me out? Hope am not too fast in terms of preparations?
Mine was on easter sunday 19/04/2014 too and White on the 26th of same month.
Where's the trad, if it's ur villa then I'll advise you travel home for preparations. I travelled in March, a month to my trad.
When I got home, I asked few if they know pple who are into decos, live band, drinks, chair and canopy rentals, egg supply etc.
I got 3 different decos, 2 live bands and the other each. So, I finally bargained for the best though I had a lil challenge in choosing a deco cos two out of the three that came were damn good.
N.B- Before I left the villa I got their mobile and account numbers to convince them I really wanted them to work for me and besides Easter Sunday was really really a busy day, prices were X2.
Thank God it was a success!
That's my trad story!
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by oadeyeye: 8:25am On Mar 05, 2015
First u must confirm ur church has the federeal republic of nigeria marriage certificate,,if they do u get ur certificate in church and u swear an oath at ur local govt registry, if ur church hasnt got that then u will be doing ur legal marriage at the registry den d church thing will just be term ceremonious.
nutigal:
Brides, I will be getting married in May. My mom was like since I am getting married in the church, i would only go to the court for swearing of oath. She said that was how it was in their time. lol. But I see that people who go to the registry do a kind of wedding. please can someone explain the real process to me.
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by oadeyeye: 8:35am On Mar 05, 2015
Too many colours! You should avoid that, the whole ambience should flow together.
what are d wedding themes for both days, with that can help u come up with suggestion either by contrasting/accenting the colors together.

lawvlypearl:

Engagement

Wedding

The colour I'm confused about is d parent colour for d engagement, pls kindly help choose where inappropriate

1 Like

Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by lawvlypearl(f): 11:23am On Mar 05, 2015
@oadeyeye and @rushino....thanks for the contributions ma, lool I don't really av a wedding theme, my fiance loves anything green so green must be the main colour,maybe u should help suggest from there. And I'm so in love with the peach and emerald green for the trad. Pls note d aso-oke gele (aso-ebi) for d wedding in cream and lemon green is already being weaved. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Pweetiebabe(f): 1:20pm On Mar 05, 2015
lawvlypearl:
@oadeyeye and @rushino....thanks for the contributions ma, lool I don't really av a wedding theme, my fiance loves anything green so green must be the main colour,maybe u should help suggest from there. And I'm so in love with the peach and emerald green for the trad. Pls note d aso-oke gele (aso-ebi) for d wedding in cream and lemon green is already being weaved. Thanks in anticipation.
Like some already said the colours are just too much... u can easily reduce the colours to maybe 3

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Pweetiebabe(f): 1:30pm On Mar 05, 2015
My wedding is this may, everything is set----the reception hall, invitation, clothes, make-up artist, bridal hair stylist etc...... Just few things left am happy and patiently waiting and praying for that day... ... I pray the Lord will make that day a succes

8 Likes

Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by vickilafab(f): 1:51pm On Mar 05, 2015
Rhukie:
Good morning. please I need music suggestions for couple's first dance.
here are some of my favourites. a mix of slows and 'dance-ables'
1. here and now- Luther Vandross
2. I swear- John Michael Montgomery
3. I cross my heart- George Strait
4. I finally found someone- Barbara Streisand and Bryan Adams
5. beautiful In my eyes- Joshua kadison
6. I'm alive- Celine dion
7. Because u loved me- Celine dion
8. can I have this dance for d rest of my life- Anne Murray
9. I promise- cece winans
10. Every time I close my eyes- babyface
11. ife- azeezat
12. for you I will-
13. forever- p square
14. forever and for always- shania twain
15.have I told u lately- Rod Stewart
16. I dont know much but I know I love u-
17. I dont want to miss a thing- Aerosmith
18.i got u babe- UB 40
19. I love u- p square
20. I wanna dance with somebody- Whitney Houston
21. I wanna grow old with u- Westlife
22. I will love u so for always - Atlantic star
23. I'm gonna love u forever- Jessica Simpson
24. if I ain't got u- Alicia Keys
25. if that's what it takes- Celine dion
26. ife wa gbono- tiwa savage and
27. if this isn't love-
28. it had to be you- frank sinatra
29. just d way u are- Bruno mars
30. olo mi- tosin martins
31. When u love someone- Bryan Adams
32. when I look into your eyes- bon jovi
33. when I said I do- clint black and lisa
34. when God gave me you- TD Jakes
35. tonight, I celebrate my love for u- Roberta flack
36.this is love- kelly Rowland
37. the gift- Jim brickman n martina mcbride
38. tell him- Celine dion n Barbara Streisand
39. super love- Celine dion
40.sugar sugar- the archies
41. loving u - minnie riperton
42. my wife- t code
43. today today- M.I
44. no one like u- p square
45. now and forever-
46. outside- 2face idibia
47. oruka- sunny neji

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by oadeyeye: 2:17pm On Mar 05, 2015
ok, for the Engagement will suggest, stick to ur emarald green and peach.
the parents wine and cream( they can have their as oke as the alari) with cream/gold lace
the families(aso ebi):turquoise/teal and pink. or you can av a monotone of either of the colors(turquoise/teal monotone or pink monotone).
you av a flow with any of these colors, and your pictures will come out nice. Then since you av not picked a theme before now, just get a good decorator to work with and see what he/she will come up with for the venue deco i might think whites or cream will work well.

for the wedding you may just keep what you av chosen, there is a flow, only if the decorator doesn't add more colors

lawvlypearl:

1 Like

Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Evina(f): 2:28pm On Mar 05, 2015
Wow. I am soo glad I stumbled on this thread! How come I am just seeing it though? sad

My wedding was fixed for March 28. I'm sure you guys know by now what a wedding on that date in Naija means. cheesy

Anyways, we had to move it to May cos we already paid for reception venue and all other dates after the first date was already booked. May was the closest we could get.

I'm practically not doing anything as regards planning. I have a great support system thank God.

Also, no asoebi! I no get strength to ask people for money. Just wear anything that matches the color of the day. Family insists on getting their asoebi though.

Also, no brides/grooms men. LOL. Just maid of honor and best man.

4 Likes

Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by vickilafab(f): 2:41pm On Mar 05, 2015
lawvlypearl:

Engagement

Wedding

for ur engagement, d couple colour is gorgeous. If each family is comin in a particular colour say wine for bride n Gold for groom, den parents can also go wt dose colours using a different styled gele/fila and say creamy/gold lace

for ur wedding, d colours are in sync as I can c d theme here is variants of d shade of green. just mk sure u av d sample say a piece of cloth for d decorator/tailor to work with.

1 Like

Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by vickilafab(f): 2:43pm On Mar 05, 2015
Pweetiebabe:
My wedding is this may, everything is set----the reception hall, invitation, clothes, make-up artist, bridal hair stylist etc...... Just few things left am happy and patiently waiting and praying for that day... ... I pray the Lord will make that day a succes
way to go! happy married life in advance smiley

1 Like

Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Evina(f): 3:08pm On Mar 05, 2015
Pweetiebabe amen oh!

I wanted to point out the need for brides to also prepare spiritually!

Also, let's share pre wedding beauty regime wink
What are you gurls doing to look really radiant on that day. smiley

Cc
MarvellousGod smiley

3 Likes

Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Pweetiebabe(f): 3:12pm On Mar 05, 2015
Evina:
Wow. I am soo glad I stumbled on this thread! How come I am just seeing it though? sad

My wedding was fixed for March 28. I'm sure you guys know by now what a wedding on that date in Naija means. cheesy

Anyways, we had to move it to May cos we already paid for reception venue and all other dates after the first date was already booked. May was the closest we could get.

I'm practically not doing anything as regards planning. I have a great support system thank God.

Also, no asoebi! I no get strength to ask people for money. Just wear anything that matches the color of the day. Family insists on getting their asoebi though.

Also, no brides/grooms men. LOL. Just maid of honor and best man.
we are today on the bridal train issues.. ... D stress only na die, just sticking with my little bride and children brides maid option
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Pweetiebabe(f): 3:15pm On Mar 05, 2015
vickilafab:
way to go! happy married life in advance smiley
thanks sweerie
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Evina(f): 3:18pm On Mar 05, 2015
Pweetiebabe:
we are today on the bridal train issues.. ... D stress only na die, just sticking with my little bride and children brides maid option

cheesy honestly! I am not in for stress at all. The only stress I am giving myself is spiritual exercises and beauty regimen. cheesy I started waiste training on Monday. wink
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Rhukie(f): 3:26pm On Mar 05, 2015
vickilafab:
here are some of my favourites. a mix of slows and 'dance-ables'
1. here and now- Luther Vandross
2. I swear- John Michael Montgomery
3. I cross my heart- George Strait
4. I finally found someone- Barbara Streisand and Bryan Adams
5. beautiful In my eyes- Joshua kadison
6. I'm alive- Celine dion
7. Because u loved me- Celine dion
8. can I have this dance for d rest of my life- Anne Murray
9. I promise- cece winans
10. Every time I close my eyes- babyface
11. ife- azeezat
12. for you I will-
13. forever- p square
14. forever and for always- shania twain
15.have I told u lately- Rod Stewart
16. I dont know much but I know I love u-
17. I dont want to miss a thing- Aerosmith
18.i got u babe- UB 40
19. I love u- p square
20. I wanna dance with somebody- Whitney Houston
21. I wanna grow old with u- Westlife
22. I will love u so for always - Atlantic star
23. I'm gonna love u forever- Jessica Simpson
24. if I ain't got u- Alicia Keys
25. if that's what it takes- Celine dion
26. ife wa gbono- tiwa savage and
27. if this isn't love-
28. it had to be you- frank sinatra
29. just d way u are- Bruno mars
30. olo mi- tosin martins
31. When u love someone- Bryan Adams
32. when I look into your eyes- bon jovi
33. when I said I do- clint black and lisa
34. when God gave me you- TD Jakes
35. tonight, I celebrate my love for u- Roberta flack
36.this is love- kelly Rowland
37. the gift- Jim brickman n martina mcbride
38. tell him- Celine dion n Barbara Streisand
39. super love- Celine dion
40.sugar sugar- the archies
41. loving u - minnie riperton
42. my wife- t code
43. today today- M.I
44. no one like u- p square
45. now and forever-
46. outside- 2face idibia
47. oruka- sunny neji
May God bless you

1 Like

Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 3:35pm On Mar 05, 2015
Evina:
Pweetiebabe amen oh!

Cc
MarvellousGod smiley
Yeah, spiritual preparation to me is paramount.. me and my fiance are sure going to fast and pray before the D-day, even though we did in Jan..

For the pre-wedding beauty regime, really not doing much because i'm too busy with work.. My friend recommended tea tree oil/facial wash to me to remove some spots i have on my face, then i am learning some dance steps cheesy

PS: Mine is traditional Marriage..
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Pweetiebabe(f): 3:42pm On Mar 05, 2015
Evina:
Pweetiebabe amen oh!

Cc
MarvellousGod smiley
i decided to stick with my lots of water and fruits style and i reduced my sugar in take its really helping
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by vickilafab(f): 3:42pm On Mar 05, 2015
Rhukie:
May God bless you
amen smiley
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Evina(f): 3:47pm On Mar 05, 2015
MarvellousGod:
Yeah, spiritual preparation to me is paramount.. me and my fiance are sure going to fast and pray before the D-day, even though we did in Jan..

For the pre-wedding beauty regime, really not doing much because i'm too busy with work.. My friend recommended tea tree oil/facial wash to me to remove some spots i have on my face, then i am learning some dance steps cheesy

PS: Mine is traditional Marriage..

cheesy
Please try to pray and fast together weekly. You guys can pick a day of the week. You know you aren't just praying for a smooth wedding but for a great marriage ahead. wink we pray the solution to the challenges before they arrive.

I have started some detox stuff. A hot mug of Lemon+ginger first thing in the morning. Mehn it is doing wonders for my skin! Plus I go to the rest room more frequently. I also started waist training this week. Then spa visits a MUST! The list is quite Long sha, but the effort is totally worth it. wink

1 Like

Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 3:48pm On Mar 05, 2015
I'm almost done with preparations shaa...
Have sent my ashebi clothes to those involved
Have hired a decorator/ cake maker..
My mum already spoke to a caterer concerning food..my mum is insisting she buys the food stuffs herself, saying she trusts no caterer grin
My fiance hired a stylist who bought and sewed our clothes
He has also taken care of DJ, MC, videography et al...
Then my bro is taking care of drinks/banner....

The only problem we had was choosing our colour but we finally settled for the combination of his favourite colour and mine..

Once i'm done with trad in April, i will focus on my white wedding which comes up in June hopefully...

3 Likes

Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Evina(f): 3:50pm On Mar 05, 2015
Pweetiebabe:
i decided to stick with my lots of water and fruits style and i reduced my sugar in take its really helping

Cool. wink

Try hot water lemon+ginger drink, first thing in the morning. You'll notice tremendous improvement with your bowels and your skin will become brighter. wink

1 Like

Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Evina(f): 3:52pm On Mar 05, 2015
MarvellousGod:
I'm almost done with preparations shaa...
Have sent my ashebi clothes to those involved
Have hired a decorator/ cake maker..
My mum already spoke to a caterer concerning food..my mum is insisting she buys the food stuffs herself, saying she trusts no caterer grin
My fiance hired a stylist who bought and sewed our clothes
He has also taken care of DJ, MC, videography et al...
Then my bro is taking care of drinks/banner....

The only problem we had was choosing our colour but we finally settled for the combination of his favourite colour and mine..

Once i'm done with trad in April, i will focus on my white wedding which comes up in June hopefully...

Congratulations. smiley
You are from the East right?
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Evina(f): 3:59pm On Mar 05, 2015
My colors: trad. Purple and Gold. White: sunshine yellow and Royal blue, touch of red.

Wedding dress: davidsbridals.

Grooms outfit: custom made.

Every other thing, handled.

2 Likes

Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 4:02pm On Mar 05, 2015
Evina:

cheesy
Please try to pray and fast together weekly. You guys can pick a day of the week. You know you aren't just praying for a smooth wedding but for a great marriage ahead. wink we pray the solution to the challenges before they arrive.

I have started some detox stuff. A hot mug of Lemon+ginger first thing in the morning. Mehn it is doing wonders for my skin! Plus I go to the rest room more frequently. I also started waist training this week. Then spa visits a MUST! The list is quite Long sha, but the effort is totally worth it. wink
Very good idea, i will tell him about it..2 or 3 days a week isn't bad... May God help us dearie...

What exactly does it do? i mean the lemon-ginger mixure... I have always been a frequenter of rest room because i drink water alot and take fruits in the morning.... The waist training thingy isn't bad at all, heard it achieves results..how much did you buy yours?.. i don't need waist training though cos i'm slim and have a flat tommy..... My dear, every effort is worth it because we are heading into a world of everlasting happiness, Amen cheesy smiley
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 4:04pm On Mar 05, 2015
Evina:

Congratulations. smiley
You are from the East right?
Yeah, i'm Igbo smiley
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 4:24pm On Mar 05, 2015
Evina:

cheesy

**CoUgHs**
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Evina(f): 4:33pm On Mar 05, 2015
MarvellousGod:
Very good idea, i will tell him about it..2 or 3 days a week isn't bad... May God help us dearie...

What exactly does it do? i mean the lemon-ginger mixure... I have always been a frequenter of rest room because i drink water alot and take fruits in the morning.... The waist training thingy isn't bad at all, heard it achieves results..how much did you buy yours?.. i don't need waist training though cos i'm slim and have a flat tommy..... My dear, every effort is worth it because we are heading into a world of everlasting happiness, Amen cheesy smiley

Amen. cheesy
2-3 days per week is fab! But, can you sustain it? You know the key is in consistency. wink may God help us indeed. smiley

The lemon+ginger hot water drink is a great detox. You know detox cleanses from within.

Lemon is a natural skin bleaching ingredient. It brightens the skin with prolong use. You mentioned you have spots on your face? Squeeze lemon and dab with cotton wool, then apply to your face. It really stings though.

Ginger is excellent for digestive issues. Aids bowel movements.

When you combine those two with warm water, the effect is: a toxin free system which reflects in your skin. No acne! No bloatedness and clear bright skin! I am talking from personal experience. wink

As for waist training, I have a flat tommy too. I didn't think it could be flater. But I wanted the extra sleek, feminine curves that comes with waist training. wink lol. A really good waist training corset goes for like 18k. Totally worth it. Your slim waist will look like a slender Columbian waist. cheesy

I like the results so far. I think I can even sight some baby abs. Lol.
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Evina(f): 4:36pm On Mar 05, 2015
AgapeCharis:
**CoUgHs**

Hands him cough syrup, made of blended bitter kola and honey. Lol.
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 4:44pm On Mar 05, 2015
Evina:

Hands him cough syrup, made of blended bitter kola and honey. Lol.
Lol
Tnks dearie

Have you done your waist training today? cheesy
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Evina(f): 4:49pm On Mar 05, 2015
AgapeCharis:
Lol
Tnks dearie

Have you done your waist training today? cheesy

Lol. I ONLY take off my waist trainer when I have to bathe. wink

It is an undergarment, that shrinks my waist. I have to constantly wear it. wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

In Response To A Previous Thread Created By Amara Okafor / Female Child Vs Male Child / Port Harcourt Lady Fights Dirty With Side Chick Snatching Her Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.