Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,699 members, 7,802,067 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:38 AM

The Money Savvy Ajuwaya: My Financial Chronicle. - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Money Savvy Ajuwaya: My Financial Chronicle. (5706 Views)

8 Shorcut You Can Learn To Increase Your Tech Savvy / THE MONEY IS IN THE LIST (MAKE MONEY ONLINE WITH YOUR EMAIL LIST) / How To Be Financially Savvy; Letter To A Young Brother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Money Savvy Ajuwaya: My Financial Chronicle. by noordean(m): 9:40am On Jan 11, 2015
styca:
Happy sunday to everyone out there. Wish you all a blast week ahead.

Cc: LogoDwhiz, Positivist, noordean, Parasitic, Rockmyworld, Goldpeas et al.
hapi sunday my broda
Re: The Money Savvy Ajuwaya: My Financial Chronicle. by styca(m): 11:25am On Jan 11, 2015
Parasitic:

Where are you serving, this budget seems meagre to me.

Hahahaha 1500 for relaxation to me is high, atleast one bottle of origin every weekend will do.

As I said earlier, am in a remote part of Cross River, the cost of living here is unbelivably low and the indigenes are also making it even lower.

Remember this is my first month, so am basically using this month to guage how much to allocate to items for subsequent months.
Re: The Money Savvy Ajuwaya: My Financial Chronicle. by Goldpeas(m): 12:17pm On Jan 11, 2015
styca:
Happy sunday to everyone out there. Wishing you all a blast week ahead.

Cc: LogoDwhiz, Positivist, noordean, Parasitic, Rockmyworld, Goldpeas et al.

Same wishes boss
Re: The Money Savvy Ajuwaya: My Financial Chronicle. by shawwal1(m): 2:58pm On Jan 11, 2015
This is one of the most Educating post I've come across in Nairaland,keep it rolling I love it!
Re: The Money Savvy Ajuwaya: My Financial Chronicle. by Parasitic(m): 5:38pm On Jan 11, 2015
styca:

As I said earlier, am in a remote part of Cross River, the cost of living here is unbelivably low and the indigenes are also making it even lower.

Remember this is my first month, so am basically using this month to guage how much to allocate to items for subsequent months.

I hope to serve in cross river, some day. Are you teaching their? How do state govt pay?
Re: The Money Savvy Ajuwaya: My Financial Chronicle. by styca(m): 7:42pm On Jan 11, 2015
Parasitic:

I hope to serve in cross river, some day. Are you teaching their? How do state govt pay?

Cross River is a nice state to serve. It is one of the peaceful states in the country and her people are extremely friendly and warm. They will try as much as possible to make you feel at home and comfortable.

The state government pays #3000 and majority of the corp members posted here serve in schools.
Re: The Money Savvy Ajuwaya: My Financial Chronicle. by styca(m): 7:43pm On Jan 11, 2015
Parasitic:

Cross River is a nice state to serve. It is one of the peaceful states in the country and her people are extremely friendly and warm. They will try as much as possible to make you feel at home and comfortable.

The state government pays #3000 and majority of the corp members posted here serve in schools including yours truly.
Re: The Money Savvy Ajuwaya: My Financial Chronicle. by styca(m): 7:22am On Jan 12, 2015
shawwal1:
This is one of the most Educating post I've come across in Nairaland,keep it rolling I love it!

Welcome Shawwal. Together we can make it even more educating, inspiring and entertaining. Welcome to msAjuwaya.

1 Like

Re: The Money Savvy Ajuwaya: My Financial Chronicle. by styca(m): 7:23am On Jan 12, 2015
My boss Taye4christ I see you. How are you doing? Hope you have settled down in your PPA?
Re: The Money Savvy Ajuwaya: My Financial Chronicle. by abdussalam(m): 8:08am On Jan 12, 2015
I'm also a serving corp member like you. I blog about youths seeing opportunities as they advance their careers irrespective of environment. I published these 11 ways to make money as a corper. Check it out: http://ibnamoo.com/make-money-as-a-corper/

Cc: Styca, Xfire, jarushub,Trenditee, Taye4christ, Noordean LogoDwhiz, Positivist, Parasitic, Rockmyworld, Goldpeas et al.
Re: The Money Savvy Ajuwaya: My Financial Chronicle. by styca(m): 11:15am On Jan 12, 2015
abdussalam:
I'm also a serving corp member like you. I blog about youths seeing opportunities in as they advance their careers irrespective of environment. I published these 11 ways to make money as a corper. Check it out: http://ibnamoo.com/make-money-as-a-corper/

Cc: Styca, Xfire, jarushub,Trenditee, Taye4christ, Noordean LogoDwhiz, Positivist, Parasitic, Rockmyworld, Goldpeas et al.

i checked out your blog bro, you are doing a great work. Keep it up. I hope to work more closely with you.

2 Likes

Re: The Money Savvy Ajuwaya: My Financial Chronicle. by Positivist: 6:07pm On Jan 12, 2015
abdussalam:
I'm also a serving corp member like you. I blog about youths seeing opportunities in as they advance their careers irrespective of environment. I published these 11 ways to make money as a corper. Check it out: http://ibnamoo.com/make-money-as-a-corper/

That's lovely! I shared one of your articles yesterday and it made fp. You're really doing a wonderful job there. Keep it up!

1 Like

Re: The Money Savvy Ajuwaya: My Financial Chronicle. by styca(m): 7:59am On Jan 13, 2015
''In all that you do, show forth EXCELLENCE''

My school resumed yesterday and I have been trying to find a convenient time to be posting.

I will be making a post in the evening on:

****** Being A Corp Member******
Re: The Money Savvy Ajuwaya: My Financial Chronicle. by styca(m): 4:14pm On Jan 13, 2015
''look a little closer, you will see the beauty in everyone''

****** Being A Corp Member******

It is the dream of most graduates to serve their fatherland. For some, it is a marker to others that they really went to school. To others, it is a necessary evil that must be performed.

I fell in-between these two. I was happy that I have graduated and that now I am 100% in control of my time and resource(s). On the other hand, people needed to know am now a graduate.

During the orientation camp, I found myself in a cultural-soup where every ethnic group in the country was represented. I was amazed with the level of sophistication and intellectual prowess exhibited here. I became friends with Bashir, who is from kano. Am always being inspired by this guy's mind.

I was stripped of my negative sterotypes. If this is the only benefit I gained for serving Our fatherland, then it is worth it and I think the scheme have achieved its objective.

4 Likes

Re: The Money Savvy Ajuwaya: My Financial Chronicle. by styca(m): 10:59pm On Jan 13, 2015
Thanks everyone who views, likes , shares and comments on this thread.

You guys give me reason to keep up the work. You all are the bomb. *though not boko haram's* lol
Re: The Money Savvy Ajuwaya: My Financial Chronicle. by Parasitic(m): 2:54pm On Jan 14, 2015
Nice..
Re: The Money Savvy Ajuwaya: My Financial Chronicle. by Ademat7(m): 8:45pm On Jan 14, 2015
Thanks for sharing with us,I like ur writing skill too
Re: The Money Savvy Ajuwaya: My Financial Chronicle. by styca(m): 9:31pm On Jan 14, 2015
Ademat7:
Thanks for sharing with us,I like ur writing skill too

Thanks Ademat7 for reading. Am glad you like how I write, though am open to corrections.
Welcome to theMSAJuwaya.
Re: The Money Savvy Ajuwaya: My Financial Chronicle. by styca(m): 9:32pm On Jan 14, 2015
Parasitic:
Nice..

*thumps up*. How are you doing bro?
Re: The Money Savvy Ajuwaya: My Financial Chronicle. by Rockmyworld(m): 4:21am On Jan 16, 2015
Good to be back here again, wow a lot have been said already. I want to say a big thank you to my brother Styca for a wonderful inspiration. We all are really learning a lot from u here. Am also a serving corper posted to a place where things are a bit costly, but what have not really thought of is how it is compulsory to save. Have always wanted to live my life comfortably, now I see I have to adjust my life.
Thanks to everyone that have contributed so far.
Re: The Money Savvy Ajuwaya: My Financial Chronicle. by styca(m): 7:45am On Jan 16, 2015
Rockmyworld:
Good to be back here again, wow a lot have been said already. I want to say a big thank you to my brother Styca for a wonderful inspiration. We all are really learning a lot from u here. Am also a serving corper posted to a place where things are a bit costly, but what have not really thought of is how it is compulsory to save. Have always wanted to live my life comfortably, now I see I have to adjust my life.
Thanks to everyone that have contributed so far.

Welcome back Rockmyworld. Am deeply touched that you are learning, being inspired and spurned to make adjustments. Now, the journey is alot lighter for me because we are journeying together.
This is the aim of the thread, to inspire ourselves to do what needs to be done.
Re: The Money Savvy Ajuwaya: My Financial Chronicle. by styca(m): 7:50am On Jan 16, 2015
Taye4christ said ''I am learning stuffs there. It takes discipline, prudence and a sense of purpose to do what you have set your heart to achieve this service year. Really commendable.''

Am overwhelmed with gratitude and humbled with your comment brother.
Re: The Money Savvy Ajuwaya: My Financial Chronicle. by styca(m): 7:57am On Jan 16, 2015
Am so humbled with the feedbacks and comments am getting.
It have not been easy but with you all onboard, the ride is a whole lot fun.
Lets do it together, lets walk the talk.

Living well, spending less. theMSAjuwaya way.
Re: The Money Savvy Ajuwaya: My Financial Chronicle. by styca(m): 9:16am On Jan 16, 2015
'' To a non-planner, nothing is enough, nothing is sufficient or adequate; but planners are always resourceful and creative, so whatsoever they have is made to be sufficient''- Bishop Oyedepo.

******What My First 'Alawee' Taught Me About Myself And Money******

I was already broke before the alawee could be paid in the orientation camp.
What happened to the fifteen thousand seven hundred and fifty naira(#15750), I entered camp with?
Where did the additional two thousand five hundred naira (#2500), transport and bicycle alowee go to?
I was already desperate and in a tight corner for the first Ninteen thousand eight hundred naira (19800) of my service allowance.

Despite all the blogs I read and comments by serving and former corp members on how to save part of the alawee, I failed to have a hold on my money. Such that within four(4) days after I received it, I couldn't say what I did with it.

Following a long and deep soul search, here are the lessons I learnt:
Re: The Money Savvy Ajuwaya: My Financial Chronicle. by styca(m): 9:29am On Jan 16, 2015
Guys I want to know your experience with your first alawee.

Cc: Ademat7, Rockmyworld, Taye4christ, Noordean, Positivist, Parasitic, LogoDwhiz, Goldpeas, abdussalam, Shawwal 1. et al
Re: The Money Savvy Ajuwaya: My Financial Chronicle. by Parasitic(m): 10:56am On Jan 16, 2015
styca:

Cc: Ademat7, Rockmyworld, Taye4christ, Noordean, Positivist, Parasitic, LogoDwhiz, Goldpeas, abdussalam, Shawwal 1. et al

I graduated 2013, im a medical lab graduate, I still have to go for internship before nysc,
Re: The Money Savvy Ajuwaya: My Financial Chronicle. by noordean(m): 12:03pm On Jan 16, 2015
styca:

i'm a A'15 prospective corp member,so av nt started collecting alawee
Re: The Money Savvy Ajuwaya: My Financial Chronicle. by Ademat7(m): 1:40pm On Jan 16, 2015
styca:

am a prospective corp member A'15 by God's grace.
Re: The Money Savvy Ajuwaya: My Financial Chronicle. by Goldpeas(m): 3:39am On Jan 17, 2015
noordean:
i'm a A'15 prospective corp member,so av nt started collecting alawee

me too!!
Re: The Money Savvy Ajuwaya: My Financial Chronicle. by Rockmyworld(m): 10:52pm On Jan 17, 2015
styca:

Hmmmmmm the way the money disappeared in fact I don't know. Lol, well i could recall i had to pay for picture album i took which was about #2500. I bought some novels, some shirts right there in camp, and eat a nice meal those two last days. I remember i used part of the money to sustain myself till we finished clearance and going to our ppa. Then after all the wahala I used the remaining change as transport back home. And you know we have to buy somethings for our siblings. I had to managed it cox it was not even enough.
Hmmmmmm its now we are trying to save by doing some extra work. It's not easy bro but God is sustaining us all.

1 Like

Re: The Money Savvy Ajuwaya: My Financial Chronicle. by abdussalam(m): 4:05am On Jan 18, 2015
styca:

i checked out your blog bro, you are doing a great work. Keep it up. I hope to work more closely with you.
It's a pleasure meeting you here. I'm grateful!
Positivist:
That's lovely! I shared one of your articles yesterday and it made fp. You're really doing a wonderful job there. Keep it up!
Thanks bro!
Re: The Money Savvy Ajuwaya: My Financial Chronicle. by abdussalam(m): 4:13am On Jan 18, 2015
styca:

I didn't have to spend my allawee except for buying some souvenir, paying platoon and MCAN dues at the camp. I still had up to 14k left thereafter. Immediately after leaving camp, the money was deposited into my account and was to be later channeled into some capacity building programmes. Till now, I'm still able to save up an average of 15k monthly. (I created other means of sustenance in my new environment.)

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Corporate Nigeria Vs Corporate America: Share your experiences please / Flow Station Production Process Operations / Learn How To Build A Pure Sine Wave Inverter With Arduino Or (atmega328)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.