Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,537 members, 7,808,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:15 PM

The Money Savvy Ajuwaya: My Financial Chronicle. - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Money Savvy Ajuwaya: My Financial Chronicle. (5713 Views)

8 Shorcut You Can Learn To Increase Your Tech Savvy / THE MONEY IS IN THE LIST (MAKE MONEY ONLINE WITH YOUR EMAIL LIST) / How To Be Financially Savvy; Letter To A Young Brother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Money Savvy Ajuwaya: My Financial Chronicle. by styca(m): 11:58am On Jan 18, 2015
Parasitic:

I graduated 2013, im a medical lab graduate, I still have to go for internship before nysc,

alright brother. Have you found a place for your Internship yet?
Re: The Money Savvy Ajuwaya: My Financial Chronicle. by styca(m): 12:00pm On Jan 18, 2015
noordean:
i'm a A'15 prospective corp member,so av nt started collecting alawee

Alright bro. Hope you are preparing and getting ready for mobilization?
Re: The Money Savvy Ajuwaya: My Financial Chronicle. by styca(m): 12:02pm On Jan 18, 2015
Ademat7:
am a prospective corp member A'15 by God's grace.

Alright. Have the online mobilization started?
Re: The Money Savvy Ajuwaya: My Financial Chronicle. by styca(m): 12:18pm On Jan 18, 2015
That's how it was with me brother @ Rockmyworld. The good thing is, we are taking steps to not allow it happen again.

Whaoo, this is quite impressive Abdussalam, keep it up.

1 Like

Re: The Money Savvy Ajuwaya: My Financial Chronicle. by Ademat7(m): 1:24pm On Jan 18, 2015
styca:

Alright. Have the online mobilization started?
According to NYSC DG; registration start on 2nd week of march.
Re: The Money Savvy Ajuwaya: My Financial Chronicle. by noordean(m): 3:32pm On Jan 18, 2015
styca:

Alright bro. Hope you are preparing and getting ready for mobilization?
May is still far away,so no preparation yet.
Hapi Sunday
Re: The Money Savvy Ajuwaya: My Financial Chronicle. by noordean(m): 3:33pm On Jan 18, 2015
Ademat7:
According to NYSC DG; registration start on 2nd week of march.
Re: The Money Savvy Ajuwaya: My Financial Chronicle. by Parasitic(m): 3:58pm On Jan 18, 2015
styca:

alright brother. Have you found a place for your Internship yet?

Not really. Still on the process! Too much favouritism involved. You know na naija style.
Re: The Money Savvy Ajuwaya: My Financial Chronicle. by Ademat7(m): 7:31am On Jan 19, 2015
[quote author=noordean post=29905019][/quote] not march 2nd but 2nd week
Re: The Money Savvy Ajuwaya: My Financial Chronicle. by noordean(m): 8:23am On Jan 19, 2015
Ademat7:
not march 2nd but 2nd week
motigbo, but check it again
Re: The Money Savvy Ajuwaya: My Financial Chronicle. by obinoral1179(m): 10:12am On Jan 19, 2015
Savings!savings!savings!
Good work op. Where in cross river are you serving?
Some part of cross river are more expensive and you have more activities to spend on than you serving on the remote part where the community welcome you with farm produce unlike in the city.
Am not justifying reckless spending but am saying that someone in BOki WEST or EAST will find it easy to save than someone in calabar municipal or Akamkpa. Becos the standard of living is not the same. Am serving in cross river as a batch A corp member. I wish you the best.
Re: The Money Savvy Ajuwaya: My Financial Chronicle. by styca(m): 6:46am On Jan 20, 2015
Welcome Obinoral1179, your observations are valid.

I agree with you there are some parts of CRS where the COST of living is higher than in other places.

In my case, I took a conscious effort not to be posted to these places you mentioned. No, am not serving in Boki.

During the orientation camp I asked around and I had a general view of what serving in each of the zones entails, and I made the choice to go to the place that serves my personal purpose best.

Congratulations in advance for your passing-out-parade. You are favored.

1 Like

Re: The Money Savvy Ajuwaya: My Financial Chronicle. by styca(m): 7:05am On Jan 20, 2015
'' To take no action means you are headed nowhere except where you are''

**** What My First 'Allawee' Taught Me About Myself And Money Pt2 ****

¤ I LACKED THE PRESENCE OF MIND: The lack of this particular trait caused me to be unconscious of what and where I spent the allawee. It was as if a faucet was unplugged and I couldn't control the spending itch until I was left with nothing. My eyes cleared when there was nothing left for me and I began asking myself;
what did I do with the allawee?
Where did it go?

¤ LACK OF DISCIPLINE: I was not disciplined enough to discern between things that I want and things I need. I spent on impulse.

¤ NO ACTION PLAN: I did not have an action plan to follow when the allawee was paid. This led me to drift with the impulse. It was more like I will work out the details as I go along. Alas! There was nothing to work with at the end.

These are the lessons I learnt, the next posts will be about the practical steps I took and still taking to ensure a well rounded financial life.
Re: The Money Savvy Ajuwaya: My Financial Chronicle. by styca(m): 7:09am On Jan 20, 2015
Hey bxcode,welcome to MSAjuwaya. Feel free to drop your comments and observations.
Re: The Money Savvy Ajuwaya: My Financial Chronicle. by naijareferee: 12:44pm On Jan 20, 2015
I THINK ALL YOU ARE DOING IS WORTH WHILE
BUT MY ADVICE ARE
1. GET AN ALTERNATE SOURCE OF INCOME BECAUSE RELYING AND EXPECTING TO SAVE FROM 19800 MAY BE VERY HAD BUT NOT IMPOSSIBLE
2. BE VERY CAUTIOUS WITH YOUR FEMALE COLLEAGUE....YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO SPEND ON THEM...I REPEAT DONT SPEND TO IMPRESS THEM COS THEY WILL BE A MAJOR DRAIN AND BTW ITS SAME ALLAWEE
3. WHAT DO YOU USE FUEL FOR....DO YOU HAVE A BIKE OR GENERATING SET

I WILL ADD MORE AS YOU CONTINUE...

FOR ABDUL...WELLDONE
Re: The Money Savvy Ajuwaya: My Financial Chronicle. by obinoral1179(m): 5:43pm On Jan 20, 2015
styca:
Welcome Obinoral1179, your observations are valid.

I agree with you there are some parts of CRS where the COST of living is higher than in other places.

In my case, I took a conscious effort not to be posted to these places you mentioned. No, am not serving in Boki.

During the orientation camp I asked around and I had a general view of what serving in each of the zones entails, and I made the choice to go to the place that serves my personal purpose best.

Congratulations in advance for your passing-out-parade. You are favored.
good one bro. Which local council are you serving? All the best is what I wish you bro.
Re: The Money Savvy Ajuwaya: My Financial Chronicle. by styca(m): 11:07pm On Jan 20, 2015
naijareferee:
I THINK ALL YOU ARE DOING IS WORTH WHILE
BUT MY ADVICE ARE
1. GET AN ALTERNATE SOURCE OF INCOME BECAUSE RELYING AND EXPECTING TO SAVE FROM 19800 MAY BE VERY HAD BUT NOT IMPOSSIBLE
2. BE VERY CAUTIOUS WITH YOUR FEMALE COLLEAGUE....YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO SPEND ON THEM...I REPEAT DONT SPEND TO IMPRESS THEM COS THEY WILL BE A MAJOR DRAIN AND BTW ITS SAME ALLAWEE
3. WHAT DO YOU USE FUEL FOR....DO YOU HAVE A BIKE OR GENERATING SET

I WILL ADD MORE AS YOU CONTINUE...

FOR ABDUL...WELLDONE

Thank you naijareferee for the advice. I really do appreciate and I will keep in mind the advice about my female colleagues.

The money for fuel, was an amount I initially set aside for the gen. Set. But fortunately, my landlord connected light to my room, and it is free.

I have already started a part-time teaching in a near-by school here.
Re: The Money Savvy Ajuwaya: My Financial Chronicle. by styca(m): 11:08pm On Jan 20, 2015
obinoral1179:
good one bro. Which local council are you serving? All the best is what I wish you bro.

Am in Bekwarra LGA. Thanks bro.
Re: The Money Savvy Ajuwaya: My Financial Chronicle. by kachnov(m): 12:44am On Jan 21, 2015
styca:
Guys I want to know your experience with your first alawee.

Cc: Ademat7, Rockmyworld, Taye4christ, Noordean, Positivist, Parasitic, LogoDwhiz, Goldpeas, abdussalam, Shawwal 1. et al

Well,mine was paid a few days before we left camp(Batch 13c).Due to delays in getting accepted and cleared I spent an extra 2weeks in the city ,it wasn't funny.
My advice to prospective corp members,be extra vigilant when that money is paid,because most people will lose that money to those with sticky fingers.

Nice thread,I'm here to improve and fine-tune my savings skills.
Re: The Money Savvy Ajuwaya: My Financial Chronicle. by styca(m): 6:21am On Feb 09, 2015
Sorry house for the lack of updates, the screen of my phone spoilt. I just repaired it.

Come back everybody lets continue our ride.

So many things have happened and I have made some bad decisions. Hope to share everything with you.
Re: The Money Savvy Ajuwaya: My Financial Chronicle. by Parasitic(m): 8:43am On Feb 09, 2015
styca:
Sorry house for the lack of updates, the screen of my phone spoilt. I just repaired it.

So many things have happened and I have made some bad decisions. Hope to share everything with you.

Ok bro welcome ooo
Re: The Money Savvy Ajuwaya: My Financial Chronicle. by noordean(m): 9:03am On Feb 09, 2015
styca:

it's good u r bk my broda.
Re: The Money Savvy Ajuwaya: My Financial Chronicle. by Ademat7(m): 6:05pm On Feb 15, 2015
@styca we dey await u ooo
Re: The Money Savvy Ajuwaya: My Financial Chronicle. by Goldpeas(m): 10:53pm On Feb 15, 2015
Now I am back too!
Re: The Money Savvy Ajuwaya: My Financial Chronicle. by styca(m): 5:40am On Mar 01, 2015
Goodday and welcome to the month of march house.

The past month, february was a difficult one for me.
I was depressed due to events in my personal life. And this made me unable to articulate and write my ideas. ThankGod, am back to my best.

Let me use this opportunity to thank everyone who shown concern. I really do appreciate your care. I love you all.
Re: The Money Savvy Ajuwaya: My Financial Chronicle. by styca(m): 6:11am On Mar 01, 2015
'' persist in doing right, even when doing wrong seems more attractive''

MY FINANCIAL STATEMENT FOR THE MONTH OF JANUARY.

ACTUAL INCOME
FEDERAL ALL. #19650
SAVING #1100O
TOTAL #30650

ACTUAL EXPENSE
TRANSPORT HOME TO PPA #3750
ROOM DECOR #10000
LIVING EXPENSE
* FOOD #3100
*TRANSPORT #1420
*CDS #800
*CHURCH #300
*RECHARGING #510
*RELAXING #420
*BATTERY #270
*MISCELLANEOUS #1000
*HOUSE EFFECTS #8980
*UNACCTOUNTED FOR #770
*LOST #100
*CASH AT HAND(31/1/) #150
TOTAL #10000

SAVING
BANK ACCOUNT #5000

This is my financial standing as at 31st of January, 2015.

1 Like

Re: The Money Savvy Ajuwaya: My Financial Chronicle. by styca(m): 6:38am On Mar 01, 2015
" Time and chance happens to us all"
I had high hopes for february, I was pleased with the strides I made in January. I was so happy, then. Fate decides to play a roulette with me.

First, my phone falled and the screen broke. An unexpected expense. I was sad. I decided to repair it from the feb allawee.

Before I will come out of that, my girlfriend called and said she is coming to visit. I thought of every possible means of desuading her from coming. (you know women and their ways). She insisted. I withdrew #12000.

The devil and his sadist cohorts decided to enter my sister, she requested for some money. I sent her #3000.

By the time I know what was happening, I was already broke. That, is my february story. And I went down hill from there. It took a great deal of time and self forgiveness to get myself back.

Note: it was not the money I spent that got me in a state, rather, what happened when my girl visited.
Re: The Money Savvy Ajuwaya: My Financial Chronicle. by styca(m): 6:43am On Mar 01, 2015
"life teaches us to know ourselves"

How I survived february. Next update.
Re: The Money Savvy Ajuwaya: My Financial Chronicle. by obinoral1179(m): 5:58pm On Mar 01, 2015
styca:
" Time and chance happens to us all"
I had high hopes for february, I was pleased with the strides I made in January. I was so happy, then. Fate decides to play a roulette with me.

First, my phone falled and the screen broke. An unexpected expense. I was sad. I decided to repair it from the feb allawee.

Before I will come out of that, my girlfriend called and said she is coming to visit. I thought of every possible means of desuading her from coming. (you know women and their ways). She insisted. I withdrew #12000.

The devil and his sadist cohorts decided to enter my sister, she requested for some money. I sent her #3000.

By the time I know what was happening, I was already broke. That, is my february story. And I went down hill from there. It took a great deal of time and self forgiveness to get myself back.

Note: it was not the money I spent that got me in a state, rather, what happened when my girl visited.
bro good one. What ever happens let it be and focus on the next thing. That your girl that visit hope is not what am thinking?
Re: The Money Savvy Ajuwaya: My Financial Chronicle. by styca(m): 5:32pm On Mar 07, 2015
" Life teaches us what we need to learn".
****** How I Survived February*****

Getting through february was not funny. With the knowledge that am short on fund and that my financial goal has been extended by the financial decisions I took, I was hard pressed to look for alternate source to argument the #4000, that was left.

I had started a part-time teaching in a nearby school earlier. That was my saving grace. With the additional #3000, I had to scratch and stretch the money till the month's end.

Lesson: No matter how meager a resource is I can always arrange my spending in such a way that it will be enough.
Re: The Money Savvy Ajuwaya: My Financial Chronicle. by Ademat7(m): 5:17pm On Mar 08, 2015
Good to have u back,depression is one tin I dread all in all u tried but u can do more
Re: The Money Savvy Ajuwaya: My Financial Chronicle. by styca(m): 7:14am On Mar 10, 2015
Ademat7:
Good to have u back,depression is one tin I dread all in all u tried but u can do more

Thank you Ademat7, we all have our moments of lows. Yes, I can do more.

How are you doing?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Corporate Nigeria Vs Corporate America: Share your experiences please / Can A Warrant Officer Take Orders From A Lieutenant In The Army / Hnd For Post Graduate Abroad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.