Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,942 members, 7,803,086 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 08:57 AM

Help!....matured Advice Is Needed From Our Matured Mummys In The House - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help!....matured Advice Is Needed From Our Matured Mummys In The House (3632 Views)

I Am Dying Of Depression, Pls Matured Advice Needed / Pls,matured Advice Needed: My Near Rape Experience / Matured Advice Needed Urgently Esp From The Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!....matured Advice Is Needed From Our Matured Mummys In The House by secretG: 8:41am On Jan 07, 2015
I have always had one problem....my self confidence!, am 23 and a graduate(graduated last year November-December session) living with my parents and presently awaiting service.on several occasions i have made appraisals of the bulk virtues that make up my personality, and as certain as expected, my self- worth,prestige,pride,confidence,and every other behavioral trait that accompanies a persons esteem has always been as low as possible. and to tell you the truth, am not happy. because the public and social perception towards me is humiliating.

like the usual me, i took some time to meditate on my condition and if possible draw solutions that would help build my personality. but before that i decided to reflect on my background to unravel and understand the very source of my timidity...like magic, a very obvious yet unnoticed realization dawned on me.you see, I grew under a very dominating and possessive mother who would have you do her bid at any cost(i suppose this is normal, and should be interpreted as respect)i always did all i was instructed to do with joy, and even the devil knew my mum was proud and happy with me. but things are getting a bit moldy, as the domestic chores are becoming too humiliating for me to handle, because at 23 i believe their are certain things that should be left for the younger ones, and i understand that this is not pride.

something happened just yesterday that got me thinking...it so happened that we(i and my mum) went on a morning visit to an old neighbor, and after the visit, on our way back we saw from far across the street, some local truck firewood sellers, and because we had depleted our stock at home, she instructed me to go buy some...i went, bought, counted and arranged them to be packed while my mum continued her discussion with the old neighbor. when i was done, i showed and explained to her how the transaction went with the sellers....and in a loose statement my mum asked me to go bring the wheel-barrow at home and cart the firewoods back home! i was shocked!...my intention was to call the local truck pushers[b](wheel-barrow pushers)[/b] to cart the woods home, but realizing that my mum could conceive and instruct me to do this in an area where am well known and have mentees in school who somewhat respect me by virtue of academics, i was red with anger, green as bile...and honestly could taste the bitterness in my mouth.

i went home and decided to be sure i actually heard her correctly...i summoned our 4th born(am the first) who is 16 to go cart the woods back home. she went, only to come back with my mum...my mum confronted me on the issue, and i honestly explained my side and position on the issue to her....she proceeded to beg me, but i declined...knowing fully well it would reoccur if i let it happen...now she is angry with me!

just this morning she called a meeting after the morning prayers, expressing her disappointment towards my attitudes the day before, she bombarded me like the Palestinians,she recounted all that she has done for me and how important she was to me...she stressed that for the fact that she begged me, i should never have refused her!...now am confused! cause i know my mum more than i know the number of fingers on my hands...something worse would reoccur, you should also reason it that for her to have instructed me to do this, i have been doing other not-too comfortable domestic chores.i love my mum, and am not happy that she is not happy....but am more unhappy that she chooses to deprive me of any sense of pride and would rather have me humiliated to proof my love and respect....

mummies in the house, please clear me on this...i don't intent to be arrogant, but i also don't intend to remain a baby or a man with a deflected self-worth, esteem or with the confidence of a little boy.

2 Likes

Re: Help!....matured Advice Is Needed From Our Matured Mummys In The House by sandiyke(f): 9:09am On Jan 07, 2015
@op, first of all, its a pity the way you feel, I totally understand you.

From your post, you are a young man and having lack of self confidence at 23 is depriving and will continue to deprive you of your youthful vibe if you don't do anything about it.

The step you took took to put an end. To further reoccurance for me is a right one. You just have to stand up and fight to set things straight atimes.

Your mum definately is hurt because she sees it as disobedience. I would advice you go to her when she has calmed down and explain how these things make you feel.

Please as you have started those resistance don't ever succumb. I wish you the best

6 Likes

Re: Help!....matured Advice Is Needed From Our Matured Mummys In The House by Nobody: 9:13am On Jan 07, 2015
Motherhood comes with a lot of power. You carry a life for 9 months, birth the child to life and grow one till almost forever here.
However, power can be and is abused. Here we have a repressive culture which accords so much power to parents and mothers in particular, some mothers do not know how to manage this power and abuse it using emotional blackmail, physical violence, threats of curses etc. Some carry on even in adulthood, even when their kids get married, it is their way or the high way.

Mothers may mean well but a time comes when you listen to your kids and let them live their own lives and accord the kids respect.

You love and respect your mother, tell her that you love her, you respect her but you are also at an age where you too deserve some respect. Soon you will leave her house and move away God willing this period should be a bonding period for you both and not a fighting and quarrelling period.

Tell her that please if she is upset with you at this age you both can dialogue and it doesn't have to be shared with all your younger sibblings.

Your mom may be feeling like she is loosing her power over you and so she feels she needs to do all these to hold on to the power and control she has over you.

Most parents find it hard to let go but they would have to at some point

Don't get emotional or angry or loose your senses, just have a practical and respectful talk with your mom

8 Likes

Re: Help!....matured Advice Is Needed From Our Matured Mummys In The House by 5minsmadness: 9:43am On Jan 07, 2015
secretG:
I have always had one problem....my self confidence!, am 23 and a graduate(graduated last year November-December session) living with my parents and presently awaiting service.on several occasions i have made appraisals of the bulk virtues that make up my personality, and as certain as expected, my self- worth,prestige,pride,confidence,and every other behavioral trait that accompanies a persons esteem has always been as low as possible. and to tell you the truth, am not happy. because the public and social perception towards me is humiliating.

No its not. Its your perception towards yourself that is humiliating. The public loses interest in you the moment you leave their sight. If you change tomorrow they will acknowledge it. The key lies with you.

like the usual me, i took some time to meditate on my condition and if possible draw solutions that would help build my personality. but before that i decided to reflect on my background to unravel and understand the very source of my timidity...like magic, a very obvious yet unnoticed realization dawned on me.you see, I grew under a very dominating and possessive mother who would have you do her bid at any cost(i suppose this is normal, and should be interpreted as respect)i always did all i was instructed to do with joy, and even the devil knew my mum was proud and happy with me. but things are getting a bit moldy, as the domestic chores are becoming too humiliating for me to handle, because at 23 i believe their are certain things that should be left for the younger ones, and i understand that this is not pride.

something happened just yesterday that got me thinking...it so happened that we(i and my mum) went on a morning visit to an old neighbor, and after the visit, on our way back we saw from far across the street, some local truck firewood sellers, and because we had depleted our stock at home, she instructed me to go buy some...i went, bought, counted and arranged them to be packed while my mum continued her discussion with the old neighbor. when i was done, i showed and explained to her how the transaction went with the sellers....and in a loose statement my mum asked me to go bring the wheel-barrow at home and cart the firewoods back home! i was shocked!...my intention was to call the local truck pushers[b](wheel-barrow pushers)[/b] to cart the woods home, but realizing that my mum could conceive and instruct me to do this in an area where am well known and have mentees in school who somewhat respect me by virtue of academics, i was red with anger, green as bile...and honestly could taste the bitterness in my mouth.
Your hormones acting up. You should have simply said "ok mum" then called the truckpushers and paid them money from your own wallet to carry the firewood home. It will also be a message to your mom that you're not her little kid anymore.

Or you could have done what I did(metaphorically speaking). Carry the firewood home with humility then in the evening go to mum's room and have a small chat with her. Let her know you love her and are willing to do as she says but some tasks like the one she gave you that day were demeaning and you would like to do it by paying the truckpushers next time.

i went home and decided to be sure i actually heard her correctly...i summoned our 4th born(am the first) who is 16 to go cart the woods back home. she went, only to come back with my mum...my mum confronted me on the issue, and i honestly explained my side and position on the issue to her....she proceeded to beg me, but i declined...knowing fully well it would reoccur if i let it happen...now she is angry with me!

Nah...this approach doesn't work. She sees it as you rebelling. Anything you want to do, do it in her front at that time. Either obey her or have it done your way at that time but in a polite manner of course.

But as soon as she begged you bro you should have done it. Another opportunity to assert yourself will definitely come. I know the type.

just this morning she called a meeting after the morning prayers, expressing her disappointment towards my attitudes the day before, she bombarded me like the Palestinians,she recounted all that she has done for me and how important she was to me...she stressed that for the fact that she begged me, i should never have refused her!...now am confused! cause i know my mum more than i know the number of fingers on my hands...something worse would reoccur, you should also reason it that for her to have instructed me to do this, i have been doing other not-too comfortable domestic chores.i love my mum, and am not happy that she is not happy....but am more unhappy that she chooses to deprive me of any sense of pride and would rather have me humiliated to proof my love and respect...
Mother's blackmail. Dust it off your shoulder and don't let it bug you. If you let it stick she'll be the one choosing a wife for you and telling you how to run your home.

mummies in the house, please clear me on this...i don't intent to be arrogant, but i also don't intend to remain a baby or a man with a deflected self-worth, esteem or with the confidence of a little boy.
Loooool. I didn't realise you were addressing this to the women. It will be interesting to read their point of view.

13 Likes

Re: Help!....matured Advice Is Needed From Our Matured Mummys In The House by crackhaus: 10:38am On Jan 07, 2015
Interesting read.

I'm sorry to say, but if you're not naturally the kind of person to stand up to your mom (or anyone older than you for that matter), you will always end up feeling guilty after every little disagreement with her.

This does not mean you should always stand up to her in all instances, it just means you should know when and how to pick your battles.
The firewood thing is really not a big deal, and as 5minsmadness put it - you could have just engaged the barrow pusher in transporting the firewood and paid him for his service from your pocket, all this without your mother knowing...and even if she did end up knowing, she can't say you disobeyed her cos the firewood got home as she requested.

The majority of Nigerian moms who like to control and manipulate their children through emotional blackmail, usually get the shock of their lives when they find out their little girl/boy isn't so little anymore - they will resist at first, but after a while they start loosening their grip and trusting your decisions and judgement.

You're just 23 and yours is coming late if you ask me, my faceoff with my mom started much earlier when I was 16 - I used to be downright stubborn, cold hearted, and hot-headed anyway... so it does depend on personality as there are some men who still do mommy's bidding even in their 30s.

For now, you just apologize to her and explain why you did what you did - that should calm her oh-no-he-didn't nerve.

4 Likes

Re: Help!....matured Advice Is Needed From Our Matured Mummys In The House by freecocoa(f): 11:02am On Jan 07, 2015
I do understand how you feel and it's only normal that your mum sends you on errands, the problem now is knowing where to draw the line(although most parents don't even know there's a line), you just have to have a heart to heart with her and make her realize some chores should be left to the younger ones.

As for the firewood issue, I see no big deal there as you don't expect your mum to push the barrow herself and she may have expected you to carry it yourself because it may be easier for you to do than your younger sister, you don't have to be ashamed, afterall na that wood una go take cook wetin una go chop, what if you lived alone and needed the wood and couldn't find anyone to carry it, would you rather not eat than push a barrow of firewood?

I understand that some chores may look insulting but trust me, it's not always that way, my people say "Onye fe eze, eze eruo ya aka" meaning, he who honors a king gets to be a king someday.

1 Like

Re: Help!....matured Advice Is Needed From Our Matured Mummys In The House by secretG: 7:59pm On Jan 07, 2015
freecocoa:
I do understand how you feel and it's only normal that your mum sends you on errands, the problem now is knowing where to draw the line(although most parents don't even know there's a line), you just have to have a heart to heart with her and make her realize some chores should be left to the younger ones.
As for the firewood issue, I see no big deal there as you don't expect your mum to push the barrow herself and she may have expected you to carry it yourself because it may be easier for you to do than your younger sister, you don't have to be ashamed, afterall na that wood una go take cook wetin una go chop, what if you lived alone and needed the wood and couldn't find anyone to carry it, would you rather not eat than push a barrow of firewood?
I understand that some chores may look insulting but trust me, it's not always that way, my people say "Onye fe eze, eze eruo ya aka" meaning, he who honors a king gets to be a king someday.
thank you very much freecocoa, but you seem to be contradicting your self....i just explained and expressed the circumstances that ignited this ugly incidence, and i believe i did justice by tabling our different sides of the story(to the best of my ability, without bias)....but from your post at one side you were like ''make her realize some chores should be left to the younger ones''....and in another part you said "I see no big deal there as you don't expect your mum to push the barrow herself and she may have expected you to carry it yourself because it may be easier for you to do than your younger sister, you don't have to be ashamed, after all na that wood una go take cook wetin una go chop"
now you sound just like my mum! grin but dont forget their were other means of doing this without raising dust...we could have easily payed a barrow-pusher to cart them to my house...my bitterness sprang from the fact that my mum of all people, saw it as normal to send me on such an errand without even flinching an eyelid....it was like the public pronouncement that i was doomed to a life of worthlessness!!

forgive my realism dear....but if you honestly do not see anything wrong in me pushing a wheel-barrow full of firewood..i doubt if you would see anything wrong in me doing any other dehumanizing chore at all!

1 Like

Re: Help!....matured Advice Is Needed From Our Matured Mummys In The House by secretG: 8:06pm On Jan 07, 2015
crackhaus:
Interesting read.

I'm sorry to say, but if you're not naturally the kind of person to stand up to your mom (or anyone older than you for that matter), you will always end up feeling guilty after every little disagreement with her.

This does not mean you should always stand up to her in all instances, it just means you should know when and how to pick your battles.
The firewood thing is really not a big deal, and as 5minsmadness put it - you could have just engaged the barrow pusher in transporting the firewood and paid him for his service from your pocket, all this without your mother knowing...and even if she did end up knowing, she can't say you disobeyed her cos the firewood got home as she requested.

The majority of Nigerian moms who like to control and manipulate their children through emotional blackmail, usually get the shock of their lives when they find out their little girl/boy isn't so little anymore - they will resist at first, but after a while they start loosening their grip and trusting your decisions and judgement.

You're just 23 and yours is coming late if you ask me, my faceoff with my mom started much earlier when I was 16 - I used to be downright stubborn, cold hearted, and hot-headed anyway... so it does depend on personality as there are some men who still do mommy's bidding even in their 30s.

For now, you just apologize to her and explain why you did what you did - that should calm her oh-no-he-didn't nerve.
thanks alot...i actually intended employing the services of a barrow pusher, i bought the wood myself, i wasnt even expecting my mum to suggest to me how to bring them home...but since she did, and found me worthy of the task, i decided not to be involved in it at all..once again thank you.
Re: Help!....matured Advice Is Needed From Our Matured Mummys In The House by secretG: 8:10pm On Jan 07, 2015
sandiyke:
@op, first of all, its a pity the way you feel, I totally understand you.

From your post, you are a young man and having lack of self confidence at 23 is depriving and will continue to deprive you of your youthful vibe if you don't do anything about it.

The step you took took to put an end. To further reoccurance for me is a right one. You just have to stand up and fight to set things straight atimes.

Your mum definately is hurt because she sees it as disobedience. I would advice you go to her when she has calmed down and explain how these things make you feel.

Please as you have started those resistance don't ever succumb. I wish you the best

thanks mam...i appreciate your time and comment, God bless you.
Re: Help!....matured Advice Is Needed From Our Matured Mummys In The House by secretG: 8:21pm On Jan 07, 2015
aisha2:
Motherhood comes with a lot of power. You carry a life for 9 months, birth the child to life and grow one till almost forever here.
However, power can be and is abused. Here we have a repressive culture which accords so much power to parents and mothers in particular, some mothers do not know how to manage this power and abuse it using emotional blackmail, physical violence, threats of curses etc. Some carry on even in adulthood, even when their kids get married, it is their way or the high way.

Mothers may mean well but a time comes when you listen to your kids and let them live their own lives and accord the kids respect.

You love and respect your mother, tell her that you love her, you respect her but you are also at an age where you too deserve some respect. Soon you will leave her house and move away God willing this period should be a bonding period for you both and not a fighting and quarrelling period.

Tell her that please if she is upset with you at this age you both can dialogue and it doesn't have to be shared with all your younger sibblings.

Your mom may be feeling like she is loosing her power over you and so she feels she needs to do all these to hold on to the power and control she has over you.

Most parents find it hard to let go but they would have to at some point

Don't get emotional or angry or loose your senses, just have a practical and respectful talk with your mom

you are very right ma....most of my peers already see me as "mummys boy" that would never grow-up, infact a female course mate of mine once approched me on a faithful day and asked me "why are you always afraid"...my joy is that this would be a message to my mum that am not comfortable with such treatment and would avoid future reoccurrance.

thank you very much, for your intelligent (and truly matured post).

1 Like

Re: Help!....matured Advice Is Needed From Our Matured Mummys In The House by secretG: 8:27pm On Jan 07, 2015
crackhaus:
Interesting read.

thank you!.....i will do exactly as you have directed in your last statement (apologize), and hope the incident would be a message that will subvert such problems in the future.
Re: Help!....matured Advice Is Needed From Our Matured Mummys In The House by secretG: 8:34pm On Jan 07, 2015
5minsmadness:

No its not. Its your perception towards yourself that is humiliating. The public loses interest in you the moment you leave their sight. If you change tomorrow they will acknowledge it. The key lies with you.

Your hormones acting up. You should have simply said "ok mum" then called the truckpushers and paid them money from your own wallet to carry the firewood home. It will also be a message to your mom that you're not her little kid anymore.

Or you could have done what I did(metaphorically speaking). Carry the firewood home with humility then in the evening go to mum's room and have a small chat with her. Let her know you love her and are willing to do as she says but some tasks like the one she gave you that day were demeaning and you would like to do it by paying the truckpushers next time.

Nah...this approach doesn't work. She sees it as you rebelling. Anything you want to do, do it in her front at that time. Either obey her or have it done your way at that time but in a polite manner of course.

But as soon as she begged you bro you should have done it. Another opportunity to assert yourself will definitely come. I know the type.

Mother's blackmail. Dust it off your shoulder and don't let it bug you. If you let it stick she'll be the one choosing a wife for you and telling you how to run your home.

Loooool. I didn't realise you were addressing this to the women. It will be interesting to read their point of view.

thanks bro....yours was the perfect, you hammered the nail on the head! and to think this is coming from a male...wow, thanks again.

1 Like

Re: Help!....matured Advice Is Needed From Our Matured Mummys In The House by gidjah(m): 9:18pm On Jan 07, 2015
Guy,mama was just trying to be d kinda mama she use to be , she has not realised that u r now a big boy . As a graduate i actually expected her it help u in drawing lines na!that means she is too much of a disciplinarian .you must first of all give her reasons why u need emancipation from that shackles !honestly you must grow up mentally and other wise,i an also seeing dat you have made your self too low before your younger brothers,thats why that naughty brother of yours would dare your orders!how dare him?pls let her know u have grown up, help the family wit development skills and be the top boss in terms of excellence then you will have big authority dat even your mama boss would not be able to question.ensure you arsollogise and let her see reasons why baby has become a man with deep humility and sense of responsibility.GOD WILL EMANCIPATE YOU FROM THEIR APRONS SIR.

1 Like

Re: Help!....matured Advice Is Needed From Our Matured Mummys In The House by Jamean(f): 10:09pm On Jan 07, 2015
For God's sake, there's no word as "Matured"...it is "Mature". Regardless of the context of usage.

2 Likes

Re: Help!....matured Advice Is Needed From Our Matured Mummys In The House by Nobody: 12:22am On Jan 08, 2015
Jamean:
For God's sake, there's no word as "Matured"...it is "Mature". Regardless of the context of usage.
Why not provide a useful comment while at it playing dictionary?

6 Likes

Re: Help!....matured Advice Is Needed From Our Matured Mummys In The House by cococandy(f): 12:51am On Jan 08, 2015
This isn't a big deal and I'm sure your mom didn't mean to humiliate you with the errand she sent you on.
Force of habit is just what's in play. Doing what she's used to doing and that is sending you on errands.

I'm older than you but I wouldn't hesitate to do that if my mom sent me to do it and as long as I have the physical strength to do it.
There's is nothing embarrassing about carting firewood with wheel barrow if your house is close to the area you purchased it. It won't reduce your 'big boy' status.

You should only be worried if she talks demeaningly or negatively to you. Or uses curse words on you.

Creating a thread because your mom sent you on an errand is like making a mountain out of a mole hill.

If I was you,this is how I will carry the firewood(on my head) no time for wheel barrow cheesy and follow momma home while gisting and laughing on the way.

Perfect mother and child re-bonding time.

1 Like

Re: Help!....matured Advice Is Needed From Our Matured Mummys In The House by Nobody: 1:02am On Jan 08, 2015
cococandy:
This isn't a big deal and I'm sure your mom didn't mean to humiliate you with the errand she sent you on.
Force of habit is just what's in play. Doing what she's used to doing and that is sending you on errands.

I'm older than you but I wouldn't hesitate to do that if my mom sent me to do it and as long as I have the physical strength to do it.
There's is nothing embarrassing about carting firewood with wheel barrow if your house is close to the area you purchased it. It won't reduce your 'big boy' status.

You should only be worried if she talks demeaningly or negatively to you. Or uses curse words on you.

Creating a thread because your mom sent you on an errand is like making a mountain out of a mole hill.

If I was you,this is how I will carry the firewood(on my head) no time for wheel barrow cheesy and follow momma home while gisting and laughing on the way.

For a guy who's still finding his feet regarding his self-confidence, I'd say he took the right step. Maybe if he was a confident chap already, it wouldn't have been so difficult to proudly put the firewood on his head and stride along for a mother-son bonding moment.

1 Like

Re: Help!....matured Advice Is Needed From Our Matured Mummys In The House by cococandy(f): 1:05am On Jan 08, 2015
goofyone:

For a guy who's still finding his feet regarding his self-confidence, I'd say he took the right step. Maybe if he was a confident chap already, it wouldn't have been so difficult to proudly put the firewood on his head and stride along for a mother-son bonding moment.

It is only his insecurities acting up. He probably always sees humiliation where non was meant.
Confronting his fears head on is only what will help him.
Doing those things he sees as menial tasks and realizing that it doesn't make anyone insult him or see him as a lower human being will help him cure himself
Re: Help!....matured Advice Is Needed From Our Matured Mummys In The House by Nobody: 1:56am On Jan 08, 2015
cococandy:

It is only his insecurities acting up. He probably always sees humiliation where non was meant.
Confronting his fears head on is only what will help him.
Doing those things he sees as menial tasks and realizing that it doesn't make anyone insult him or see him as a lower human being will help him cure himself
Maybe. But he's a long way from there yet and at the moment can't tell the difference between basic insecurities and demeaning tasks. I'd say give him some time. But his action up there is probably well in order.
Re: Help!....matured Advice Is Needed From Our Matured Mummys In The House by freecocoa(f): 9:01am On Jan 08, 2015
secretG:

thank you very much freecocoa, but you seem to be contradicting your self....i just explained and expressed the circumstances that ignited this ugly incidence, and i believe i did justice by tabling our different sides of the story(to the best of my ability, without bias)....but from your post at one side you were like ''make her realize some chores should be left to the younger ones''....and in another part you said "I see no big deal there as you don't expect your mum to push the barrow herself and she may have expected you to carry it yourself because it may be easier for you to do than your younger sister, you don't have to be ashamed, after all na that wood una go take cook wetin una go chop"
now you sound just like my mum! grin but dont forget their were other means of doing this without raising dust...we could have easily payed a barrow-pusher to cart them to my house...my bitterness sprang from the fact that my mum of all people, saw it as normal to send me on such an errand without even flinching an eyelid....it was like the public pronouncement that i was doomed to a life of worthlessness!!

forgive my realism dear....but if you honestly do not see anything wrong in me pushing a wheel-barrow full of firewood..i doubt if you would see anything wrong in me doing any other dehumanizing chore at all!
I didn't contradict myself, I said I see no big deal as regards the firewood and that you should talk to her about how you feel, you said she sends you errands beneath you, so I suppose you meant chores like doing dishes and some other small small children errands na/the manner with which she talks to you, which affects your self esteem, not because she asked you to push a barrow of firewood.

Forgive me too o but if you can see that errand as condemning you to a life of worthlessness, then I must say you are arrogant, so anyone that pushes a barrow is now worthless? I attended a cousin's wedding in November last year and I had to push a barrow filled with tomatoes to the grinders, helped in carrying water on my head from a public tap while we wait the arrival of the water tanker, does that make me worthless? I did it for my aunt/cousin not even my own parents o.

I'd think you would be more concerned about how your mother talks to you than how an errand makes you worthless, okay so the younger sister of yours who you made push the barrow is worthless? She's the one deserving of a public humiliation?

I have a younger sister too but I'd rather do the more strenuous chores,because I believe I can handle them better and leave doing of dishes pounding pepper etc to her, omo you better humble yourself o.

1 Like

Re: Help!....matured Advice Is Needed From Our Matured Mummys In The House by freecocoa(f): 9:14am On Jan 08, 2015
cococandy:

wait o, na boy open this thread? Ah shocked, I been think say na girl o, I automatically thought so because it's mostly girls who start feeling too big as soon as men start 'toasting' them and all.

Just imagine, I'm older than him too and I see no big deal in pushing a barrow of firewood, I have even done much more than that for peeps I'm not even related to, talk more of my own mum, I can't but say that the OP is not humble at all (no offense).

2 Likes

Re: Help!....matured Advice Is Needed From Our Matured Mummys In The House by secretG: 8:57am On Jan 09, 2015
thank you freecocoa and also to your side-kick 'cococandy' i appreciate your time and comment, but my dear i noticed you were beginning to take it all personal, i see how you slowly but steadily seek to deteriorate this thread into a platform for verbal confrontation, well....i will let it slide and pretend i didn't get the silly message you sent across.

you cant tell me there are no domestic chores you happily did as a little girl that you do not find too comfortable doing now....and if there isn't, then i see the syndrome of confusing stupidity with humility playing on you.
you cited instances where you had to push the barrow in a cousins wedding as well as fetch water with your friends....it beats my imagination that you find this crappy analogy fit for comparison with my case, if this cousin of yours had to share the duties of the washing, cleaning, cooking, et el and decides to hand you the barrow-pushing part, i guess it will go down well with you right?....my argument is that you choosed to do it yourself, it wasn't placed on you!...it is different to be coming back from say school, and i see my mum, aunt, uncle or even elderly neighbor, pushing a wheel-barrow and decide to collect it from them and push it back home, but to have them single me out to push a barrow? i say no! mind you, i have been doing this job all through my teenage years and even while in the university. their is nothing wrong with doing it, i know! but am no more comfortable with doing it! i happily do other chores you can ever think of, am that well breed and proud to say that am neither proud nor lazy.

lastly, if i remember clearly this thread was directed to a certain group of people (THE MATURE MUMMIES IN THE HOUSE). am sure you are not a mummy, and to whether you are even mature at all, well....your comments so far says it all! so please, i never solicited for advice from the young girls in the house or a 23 & 1/2 year old girl, your posts and comments on the romance section paints at least a good picture of your personality...you are too young to comment here...KEEP OFF! the mamas have commented, i have learnt, made my adjustments and corrections.

and also dear, you may want to check your choice of words, cause you were like "Just imagine, I'm older than him too"...i swear you cant look me in the face and tell me that! undecided because i will squash your brains!!....and you concluding am proud from a single event and thread....is like me concluding you are a prostitute from the little you wrote on the romance and sexuality section sad, i have had enough experiences with girls of your age who believe anything younger than them should be treated with contempt.

so please mind your track...and also, "no insults intended"!

9 Likes

Re: Help!....matured Advice Is Needed From Our Matured Mummys In The House by L2CD766: 9:36am On Jan 09, 2015
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Re: Help!....matured Advice Is Needed From Our Matured Mummys In The House by Coefficient(m): 2:40pm On Jan 09, 2015
I feel compelled to comment on this thread. Sadly, I don't have much to say.

You need to free yourself from the stranglehold of your mom. From all you said about her up there, she strongly feels she has absolute control over you which I find uncomfortable. This might affect your decision making and even your marital life in future!

I'm not in anyway advocating disrespect but you need to make her see reasons she has to respect you; no matter how little. I find the seemingly controlling habit and I-am-your-mother-so-I'm-always right attitude disturbing.

1 Like

Re: Help!....matured Advice Is Needed From Our Matured Mummys In The House by cococandy(f): 3:08pm On Jan 09, 2015
shocked shocked shocked

grin
secretG:
thank you freecocoa and also to your side-kick 'cococandy' i appreciate your time and comment, but my dear i noticed you were beginning to take it all personal, i see how you slowly but steadily seek to deteriorate this thread into a platform for verbal confrontation, well....i will let it slide and pretend i didn't get the silly message you sent across.

you cant tell me there are no domestic chores you happily did as a little girl that you do not find too comfortable doing now....and if there isn't, then i see the syndrome of confusing stupidity with humility playing on you.
you cited instances where you had to push the barrow in a cousins wedding as well as fetch water with your friends....it beats my imagination that you find this crappy analogy fit for comparison with my case, if this cousin of yours had to share the duties of the washing, cleaning, cooking, et el and decides to hand you the barrow-pushing part, i guess it will go down well with you right?....my argument is that you choosed to do it yourself, it wasn't placed on you!...it is different to be coming back from say school, and i see my mum, aunt, uncle or even elderly neighbor, pushing a wheel-barrow and decide to collect it from them and push it back home, but to have them single me out to push a barrow? i say no! mind you, i have been doing this job all through my teenage years and even while in the university. their is nothing wrong with doing it, i know! but am no more comfortable with doing it! i happily do other chores you can ever think of, am that well breed and proud to say that am neither proud nor lazy.

lastly, if i remember clearly this thread was directed to a certain group of people (THE MATURE MUMMIES IN THE HOUSE). am sure you are not a mummy, and to whether you are even mature at all, well....your comments so far says it all! so please, i never solicited for advice from the young girls in the house or a 23 & 1/2 year old girl, your posts and comments on the romance section paints at least a good picture of your personality...you are too young to comment here...KEEP OFF! the mamas have commented, i have learnt, made my adjustments and corrections.

and also dear, you may want to check your choice of words, cause you were like "Just imagine, I'm older than him too"...i swear you cant look me in the face and tell me that! undecided because i will squash your brains!!....and you concluding am proud from a single event and thread....is like me concluding you are a prostitute from the little you wrote on the romance and sexuality section sad, i have had enough experiences with girls of your age who believe anything younger than them should be treated with contempt.

Re: Help!....matured Advice Is Needed From Our Matured Mummys In The House by zeb04(f): 3:21pm On Jan 09, 2015
Truthfully,I would feel embarrasd if I am asked tp push wheel barrow or do stuffs like that although I have no one who will say that to me.

Maturity comes with a certain amout of pride(which is healthy) so I get where you coming from op.

1 Like

Re: Help!....matured Advice Is Needed From Our Matured Mummys In The House by thinezy(f): 3:45pm On Jan 11, 2015
not considering the wheel narrow incidence,
I stand to be corrected but the way you place ur mom wud be impeding you from doing certain tins in life so far I guess.
belive me I ve bin I this situation and I will advice dat the earlier you stop thinking about wat ur pple wud say about ur decisions the better.
you are a young man and still finding ur way though you wud make mistakes yhu nid to start taking stands.
the guilt you are feelling now is natural and will wear out with time
just try ur best to always be at peace with ur mum yhu nid her prayers n support
p.s: am nt a mum oooo,bt I hope my little contribution is appreciated

1 Like

Re: Help!....matured Advice Is Needed From Our Matured Mummys In The House by Kimoni: 4:18pm On Jan 11, 2015
OP, 5minsmadness has spoken most of my mind and he has kinda hit each nail on the head.

But I really want to let you know that everybody passes through this stage and somehow, most ppl overcome it. You mustn't get too emotional about things like this, there are bigger battles in life and even with her so pls you have to choose ur battles.

And don't think too much about ur surroundings, you owe nobody no story the way you live ur life, I think that's part of where your insecurities are coming from. Believe in yourself, believe in ur abilities, set ur own goals and strive to achieve them, once your dreams start falling in place, your confidence level will soar high and you will start caring less about what people think of you. All the best!

1 Like

Re: Help!....matured Advice Is Needed From Our Matured Mummys In The House by freecocoa(f): 6:14pm On Jan 11, 2015
secretG:

You call what I wrote silly and still say no insult intended, okay then, I hope you don't also feel insulted with what I'm about to write.

Firstly, I advised you talk to your mum about how she talks to you and because I refuse to agree that pushing a barrow of wood sends a message which reads, "condemnation to a life of worthlessness" that's why you want to kill yourself? You are even more arrogant than I thought.

FYI, I didn't choose to push no barrow, I was asked to by my aunt, I did and it didn't make me less awesome than I am, ofcourse if I write something that suggests I'm a prostitute, then by all means you are free to refer to me as such.

If you aren't just being unnecessarily proud, you'd have seen where I wrote that some chores should be left for the younger ones, you just want everyone to agree that you shouldn't have been told to push a barrow, if not I don't know why you would skip every other part of my post focusing on the barrow pushing,mschew.

I can comment on any thread I like, yours included, inshort I'll be looking for any thread of yours to comment on and all you can do is come back with another epistle, see you that haven't grown a pair to tell your mum how you feel, saying you would squash my brain grin, come make I use my shoe,scatter that your pompous head.

P.S, I respect people who deserve to be respected, no matter their age, my younger ones adore me for how I treat/relate with them so no, you've had no experience with a girl like me. kiss

2 Likes

Re: Help!....matured Advice Is Needed From Our Matured Mummys In The House by bukatyne(f): 6:16pm On Jan 11, 2015
@OP:

I would advice you build up your self confidence and self esteem which rejecting or refusing certain chores would not do for you.

If Omotola or Jim Iyke pushes a wheel barrow for their mother today, NL and Linda Ikeji will front page it the next day. It is who they are/they have been themselves to.

A coursemate said you are always afraid; did you ask her What she meant? Even If she was putting you down, you will get one or two things from her.

And people see you the way you see and carry yourself. Till you die or are grown, you might still have to do chores you see 'demeaning' and If you attach your self worth to them, it keeps nosediving everything you do them.

There is a saying 'parents cage the firstborn, are indifferent to the second born and let the lastborn get away with murder' (paraphased). Are you sure that's not what is happening here or does your younger ones all see mummy in the same light'? I am the first and I experienced such. My parents said I am the candle of m m younger ones and drilled me so I turn out 'perfect'. Mon will say since I didn't get pregnant b/4 marriage; drop out of school la la, my younger ones will not tow that line and always use me as an example to them.

As to getting freedom from parents, the best way is to show that you are responsible enough to handle freedom with it's obligations and nobody is 100% free.

What's your dad's take in this?

Modified: The people who would 'degrade' you because you helped your mama push barrow are not worth 'mentoring' in my opinion. But again, you might misinterprete What they will do because of your low self esteem. Some of them might actually respect you more because as a graduate, you are still humble enough to help mama.

You never know.

2 Likes

Re: Help!....matured Advice Is Needed From Our Matured Mummys In The House by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jan 11, 2015
What won't I see here.
So momma asking a whole me to push firewood home is now demeaning e kwa?

Listen boy, my momma and some other mommas will go to market. And on their way back with their wares on their head inside one any how basket and I or any other person(man or woman,boy or dude) happen to meet them on d road(maybe u r just coming home all dressed up), u have to carry that basket.
If mama said she don't want to climb bike, na so una go dey Waka like snail till u reach house. And guess what, she is ready to show u to the whole world at that time with basket on ur head!whether u r an ajebo or local govt chairman.
What is wrong with sending u on an errand?
Who r u?
Deal with ur insecurity and leave d poor woman out of it.

That is how it start. Heaven knows what will happen when u start earning and giving her one naira. She will kneel down for u.
Rabbish.

1 Like

Re: Help!....matured Advice Is Needed From Our Matured Mummys In The House by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jan 11, 2015
freecocoa:
You call what I wrote silly and still say no insult intended, okay then, I hope you don't also feel insulted with what I'm about to write.

Firstly, I advised you talk to your mum about how she talks to you and because I refuse to agree that pushing a barrow of wood sends a message which reads, "condensation to a life of worthlessness" that's why you want to kill yourself? You are even more arrogant than I thought.

FYI, I didn't choose to push no barrow, I was asked to by my aunt, I did and it didn't make me less awesome than I am, ofcourse if I write something that suggests I'm a prostitute, then by all means you are free to refer to me as such.

If you aren't just being unnecessarily proud, you'd have seen where I wrote that some chores should be left for the younger ones, you just want everyone to agree that you shouldn't have been told to push a barrow, if not I don't know why you would skip every other part of my post focusing on the barrow pushing,mschew.

I can comment on any thread I like, yours included, inshort I'll be looking for any thread of yours to comment on and all you can do is come back with another epistle, see you that haven't grown a pair to tell your mum how you feel, saying you would squash my brain grin, come make I use my shoe,scatter that your pompous head.

P.S, I respect people who deserve to be respected, no matter their age, my younger ones adore me for how I treat/relate with them so no, you've had no experience with a girl like me. kiss
Don't feel bad telling him d truth.
All I see is one proud and arrogant fellow.
Who knows, one girl he is eyeing is by d corner and he don't want her to see him pushing barrow filled with firewood.

And people advised him but he choose those he can say thank u to and those he can tell off.
Boy, go and learn how to be a man offline not online.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Tracked Down My Biological Father But He Raped Me(A True Life Story) / Pls Someone Should Read And Come To My Rescue Plzzzz / Two Sets Of Black And White Twins Born In The Same Family.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 178
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.