Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,389 members, 7,781,117 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:17 AM

Iberia Airlines Flight 602 - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Iberia Airlines Flight 602 (1357 Views)

Customers React As ARIK Airlines Cancels Flights Unexpectedly (Video) / Dollar Scarcity: Foreign Airlines Raise Fares By 100% / How Good Is Iberia Airline. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iberia Airlines Flight 602 by oluoxide(m): 8:58am On Jan 07, 2015
This day on 7 January 1972, Iberia Airlines Flight 602 crashed into a mountain near Ibiza town, Spain. The flight had taken off from Valencia airport in Valencia. Spain, destined for Ibiza airport on the Balearic island of Ibiza, also in Spain. All 98 passengers and 6 crew died in the crash.

The crash
Flight 602 was a domestic service flight that took off from Valencia Airport bound for Ibiza. The aircraft was under the command of a 37-year-old Captain with 7,000 flying hours' experience. On board were 6 crew and 98 passengers, most of whom were Valencia natives returning to Ibiza for work after the holidays.

At approximately 12:15 p.m., the aircraft's captain radioed Ibiza Airport, requesting permission to descend to 5,500 feet (1,676 meters). Ibiza Airport sources reported that he also said, "Get me a beer ready, we are here.

The aircraft was approaching Runway 07 when it descended below 2,000 feet (610 meters). Reportedly, neither the captain nor the co-pilot noticed the dangerous descent, as they were discussing a football match with the airport tower controller. Flight 602 struck Mount Atalayasa approximately 90 feet (30 meters) below its 1,515-foot (462-meter) summit.

The aircraft exploded on impact. All passengers and crew on board were killed.
At the time of the crash, visibility was approximately 5–10 miles and the weather was described as high overcast with broken clouds.

It was ruled that the pilot had failed to maintain the minimum flight altitude for a visual approach to Runway, which leads to the death of all the passengers and the crew, making 104 in total.

Today the whole world remember you,may your gentle soul rest in perfect peace.

http://todaysnewsy..com/2015/01/iberia-airlines-flight-602.html

Re: Iberia Airlines Flight 602 by chysteve(m): 1:21pm On Jan 08, 2015
Pls I'm planning on traveling to grenada from lagos, is it advisable I fly with iberia or how do I go bout it pls and the flight fare for a "one way flight pls? Urgent response needed pls
Re: Iberia Airlines Flight 602 by oluoxide(m): 4:55pm On Jan 08, 2015
chysteve:
Pls I'm planning on traveling to grenada from lagos, is it advisable I fly with iberia or how do I go bout it pls and the flight fare for a "one way flight pls? Urgent response needed pls
Cud fly with iberia airline,is only God that can protect some1
Re: Iberia Airlines Flight 602 by frank94(m): 11:39pm On Jan 08, 2015
Iberia won't fly you straight to Grenada,from lagos to Madrid then transit at sao paulo or Rio at brazil or at curacoa,then fly with Copa or Caribbean air to grenada.why not use Lufthansa BA or KLM the price will be reasonable and also you will enjoy the comfort of the flight,but you will also need a transit visa for any of them.Make your choice the decision is yours.

(1) (Reply)

Planing To Travel To Malaysia, Any Nairaland Over There Pls Adive Me. / Is America A Materialistic And Superficial Country? / China To Build Longest Highspeed Tunnel From China To The US Via Russia & Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.