Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,256 members, 7,807,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:35 PM

God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting (41504 Views)

True PROOF Of God's Existence For The DOUBTING Atheist. / God Please Wipe My Eyes And Give Me Children / Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by LadyT(f): 12:18am On Dec 20, 2008
huxley:

Thank goodness you called it trash or RUBBISH. That is exactly what I think it is. It is from the bible as I did not make it up. Check it out. I am glad you agree with me that the bible is trash. smiley

If you don't agree, I would be much oblige with your understanding of leviticus 27: 29.

Thankx

When did putting someone to death mean human sacrifice?

I feel sorry for you
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by beecrofty(m): 12:28am On Dec 20, 2008
I have read and read and i am so forced to write about this topic,    The only thing i would say is that,  if truly you and you who really and strongly believe in God are true worshipers, then i see no reason why you should get violent and start cussing on here,  you are xtains and when you see someone who doesn't believe there is a God,  as a wise person, you should only try to enlighten him/her,  no ned calling people fools over their beliefs,
I tell you sincerely,  half of the so called xtains would regret ever living the way they are living now after death.
Look around around the world these days,  what do you see,   celebrity pastors,  men who only MOTIVATE just to put food on their tables,  men who only INSPIRE just to drive Navigators or Porsche,  they preach to you and make you drop your hard earned money so that they can become celebrities.
wow,  in fact i am so tired of hypocrites calling themselves xtains,  lipsrsealed is wrong with BLACK PEOPLE,  we are the most gullible of all,
i sit and wonder sometimes,  why are there so many churches around the world,  and most importantly,  why are there so many churches raising 5million naira just for church buildings when there are actually lots of people who don't know where they are going to lay their heads when darkness lays upon the surface of earth,
i don't know anything about creation because i wasn't there but i tell you,  there is nobody in Nigeria who should stand up and point fingers at the other man accusing him/her of wrong doing because we are all just self righteous.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by LadyT(f): 12:35am On Dec 20, 2008
Get violent?

You do realise this is the internet?

Or have you smashed your computer/laptop screen in a rage?

You have gone so off point its embrassing.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by huxley(m): 12:43am On Dec 20, 2008
LadyT:

When did putting someone to death mean human sacrifice?

I feel sorry for you

My goodness!!!! Did you read the context of Lev 27. Let me inform you (hope no one is reading, as this might be a bit embarassing). It is talking about things that are offered to god (Jesus) as sacrificial objects. Have a look again:
huxley:

I take it that you have never read leviticus 27. Here we go:

26 " 'No one, however, may dedicate the firstborn of an animal, since the firstborn already belongs to the LORD; whether an ox or a sheep, it is the LORD's. 27 If it is one of the unclean animals, he may buy it back at its set value, adding a fifth of the value to it. If he does not redeem it, it is to be sold at its set value.

28 " 'But nothing that a man owns and devotes to the LORD -whether man or animal or family land—may be sold or redeemed; everything so devoted is most holy to the LORD.

29 " 'No person devoted to destruction may be ransomed; he must be put to death.

30 " 'A tithe of everything from the land, whether grain from the soil or fruit from the trees, belongs to the LORD; it is holy to the LORD. 31 If a man redeems any of his tithe, he must add a fifth of the value to it. 32 The entire tithe of the herd and flock—every tenth animal that passes under the shepherd's rod—will be holy to the LORD. 33 He must not pick out the good from the bad or make any substitution. If he does make a substitution, both the animal and its substitute become holy and cannot be redeemed.' "

Let me humour you. Why is Jesus asking that a person that has been devoted to him must be put to death? Why is Jesus calling for the killing of humans here? What is the context of this injunction in your opinion?
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by oderemo(m): 12:45am On Dec 20, 2008
guys can we remember that the first person who made attempt to see GODS face was blinded/? PLS LEAVE GOD alone
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by LadyT(f): 12:45am On Dec 20, 2008
When did God become Jesus?

Im being stupid even trying to talk to you.

Its ok you dont have to believe I dont care.

But what I care about is your health, I can tell you are under the influence of drink and drugs please stop
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by LadyT(f): 12:47am On Dec 20, 2008
huxley:

My goodness!!!! Did you read the context of Lev 27. Let me inform you (hope no one is reading, as this might be a bit embarassing). It is talking about things that are offered to god (Jesus) as sacrificial objects. Have a look again:

Let me humour you. Why is Jesus asking that a person that has been devoted to him must be put to death? Why is Jesus calling for the killing of humans here? What is the context of this injunction in your opinion?

Everything you have posted shows you know nothing.

Jesus did not say any of this.

You have no points at ALL!
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by huxley(m): 12:57am On Dec 20, 2008
LadyT:

Everything you have posted shows you know nothing.

Jesus did not say any of this.

You have no points at ALL!

Doesn't Christianity uphold the doctrine that Jesus and God are one and the same entity? If this is correct, then the instance of God in the Old Testament can be equated to Jesus.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by LadyT(f): 1:03am On Dec 20, 2008
Huxley I know you are a grown man please act like one.

An entity is something that has a distinct, separate existence.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by huxley(m): 1:09am On Dec 20, 2008
LadyT:

Why don't you cut out all this shilly shallying and answer the questions? Was (Is) Jesus the same as God? Am I correct to use these names interchangeably? If not, why not?
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by chika98: 1:11am On Dec 20, 2008
The saddest part would be those of us who believe in God and know the truth and yet we end up in hell. I wonder what that would feel like. Knowing that we didn't have to end up there. That is the scary bit. It isn't about knowing God it is about knowing him/worshiping him with everything we've got. Hell isn't for me. Amen!
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by ztyle(m): 1:17am On Dec 20, 2008
~ Long Yawn after readinq 4 pages of the thread~

Base on my own xperience i strongly believe that GOD exist ( GOD DEY )
The bible already have answers for those who don't want to believe
his xistence esp. in this thread they all know themselve. angry

My 1 Kobo Contribution!  wink See ya!
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by LadyT(f): 1:20am On Dec 20, 2008
I agree Chika!

huxley:

Why don't you cut out all this shilly shallying and answer the questions? Was (Is) Jesus the same as God? Am I correct to use these names interchangeably? If not, why not?

Ok Huxley darling God and Jesus are not the same. Just as father and Son are not the same. Same source but two different beings. Are you getting it now?

Is this too hard a concept for you to grasp?
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Nobody: 1:24am On Dec 20, 2008
chika98:

The saddest part would be those of us who believe in God and know the truth and yet we end up in hell. I wonder what that would feel like. Knowing that we didn't have to end up there. That is the scary bit. It isn't about knowing God it is about knowing him/worshiping him with everything we've got. Hell isn't for me. Amen!

this for me is the most important post in the entire 4 pages.
Lord grant your mercy that after all we have said we will NOT be partakers of eternal separation from you, Amen.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by ztyle(m): 1:28am On Dec 20, 2008
Chika Talk Sence, i also say Amen too oh!

But if i may ask "Why do people Doubt?"
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by duduspace(m): 1:32am On Dec 20, 2008
@Huxley,

That is some serious sh**t you dug up back there, I'm going back to do some research to verify this.

LadyT:

Some sort of clone then perhaps? remember the guy who was asking about the Holy Spirit and Sperm?
not to worry, very soon you'll be telling me its some kind of mystery understandable only by some pastors e.t.c.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by LadyT(f): 1:41am On Dec 20, 2008

I take it many of you missed out on simple education this is why simple concepts are hard for you to grasp.

*shrugs*

duduspace:

@Huxley,

That is some serious sh**t you dug up back there, I'm going back to do some research to verify this.

Some sort of clone then perhaps? remember the guy who was asking about the Holy Spirit and Sperm?
not to worry, very soon you'll be telling me its some kind of mystery understandable only by some pastors e.t.c.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by duduspace(m): 1:41am On Dec 20, 2008
Adam Brody:

@davidylan

Ouch Dr. Phil, i didnt know you were on nairaland or should i call you Dr. Olumuiwa from the bush rustic archaic pats of Abeokuta that loves to be so hypocritically holy on the religious threads but loves to talk about d**cks and Pu***y in the romance section!

What a dweeb just like his god he worships!  

Husshhh, , be careful in accusing our dear Rev/Pastor/Bro/etc David, people might think you're trying to soil his impecabble character.
Though it is interesting to learn that our Dear David might be going down the path of his namesake in the bible (remember Uriah's wife) talking about all those "filthy" parts of the human anatomy in other sections of the site.
Please let us allow him to come out of the closet at his own time and not force anything.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by LadyT(f): 1:43am On Dec 20, 2008
duduspace:

Husshhh, , be careful in accusing our dear Rev/Pastor/Bro/etc David, people might think you're trying to soil his impecabble character.
Though it is interesting to learn that our Dear David might be going down the path of his namesake in the bible (remember Uriah's wife) talking about all those "filthy" parts of the human anatomy in other sections of the site.
Please let us allow him to come out of the closet at his own time and not force anything.

So your genitals are now filthy parts of your body?

WOW!
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Nobody: 1:45am On Dec 20, 2008
duduspace:

my dear . . . sex with the right person and at the right time is PERFECTLY HEALTHY. I have every reason to talk about it because God created them male and female and told them to go multiply.

Sorry bro, i think you guys have a warped idea of christianity and its not helped by those who interprete the bible to mean holiness is equal to lacking a sense of humor and pretending as if sex is a taboo. It is not . . . pele.

David was a man after God's on heart but he still enjoyed himself with his wives. grin
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by duduspace(m): 1:49am On Dec 20, 2008
davidylan:

my dear . . . sex with the right person and at the right time is PERFECTLY HEALTHY. I have every reason to talk about it because God created them male and female and told them to go multiply.

Sorry bro, i think you guys have a warped idea of christianity and its not helped by those who interprete the bible to mean holiness is equal to lacking a sense of humor and pretending as if sex is a taboo. It is not . . . pele.

David was a man after God's on heart but he still enjoyed himself with his wives. grin

Murdered a man and stole his wife too, if my memory serves me right.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Nobody: 1:50am On Dec 20, 2008
duduspace:

Correct! Its a pity but he's in heaven and u're already on the highway to hell . . .
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by LadyT(f): 1:51am On Dec 20, 2008
duduspace:

Yes he did and he paid! Stop your selective reading abeg!
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Nobody: 1:52am On Dec 20, 2008
LadyT:

Yes he did and he paid! Stop your selective reading abeg!

LadyT pls allow him . . . its the only way they can assuage their nagging consciences that are seared with a hot iron.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by ajadrage: 1:53am On Dec 20, 2008
Mankind might not have to wait too long before the final culmination of this system of things occur, the tell tale signs of the days are obvious for all to see. When this event occurs, it's gonna take all unawares. One just gots to keep holding on and endeavor to be strong against the currents of unbelief and apathy that has engulfed the entire inhabited earth.

The mercy that we desire for ourselves from the father, we pray that this same mercy would be shown to as many as acknowledge the creator of all existence and his son whom he purposed to carry out the ecclesiastic machinations that would make faithful humanity benefit from his promise of a better life in the system to come. This is one fact that faith has opened to the discerning and for them, no amount of Jesus battery would sway them from the path, even though it be narrow.

The day of separation comes, it is left for each individual to determine where he/she would stand. . .
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by duduspace(m): 1:53am On Dec 20, 2008
davidylan:

Correct! Its a pity but he's in heaven and u're already on the highway to hell . . .

In your opinion, cos yu're the gatekeeper of heaven and hell abi? na yu get the database of people wey dey go to hell, no be so? that is assuming in the first instance that hell exists abi yu don see am before? any verifiable coordinates on how to get there?
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by huxley(m): 1:55am On Dec 20, 2008
ajadrage:

Mankind might not have to wait too long before the final culmination of this system of things occur, the tell tale signs of the days are obvious for all to see. When this event occurs, it's going to take all unawares. One just gots to keep holding on and endeavor to be strong against the currents of unbelief and apathy that has engulfed the entire inhabited earth.

The mercy that we desire for ourselves from the father, we pray that this same mercy would be shown to as many as acknowledge the creator of all existence and his son whom he purposed to carry out the ecclesiastic machinations that would make faithful humanity benefit from his promise of a better life in the system to come. This is one fact that faith has opened to the discerning and for them, no amount of Jesus battery would sway them from the path, even though it be narrow.

The day of separation comes, it is left for each individual to determine where he/she would stand. . .

What are these signs? I wonder!
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Nobody: 1:55am On Dec 20, 2008
duduspace:

In your opinion, because yu're the gatekeeper of heaven and hell abi? na yu get the database of people wey dey go to hell, no be so? that is assuming in the first instance that hell exists abi yu don see am before? any verifiable coordinates on how to get there?

lol how long will it take you guys to find something else besides these tired old drivel?  grin

No i'm not the gatekeeper of hell but it exists . . . i know you MUST deny its existence because that is the way the devil manipulates the minds of lost souls. How else can he keep you in bondage but by constantly feeding you the lies of his own non-existence.

Dudu . . . search your heart . . . there is a reason MOST ATHIESTS are mostly virulent about christianity and not islam.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by duduspace(m): 1:59am On Dec 20, 2008
davidylan:

lol how long will it take you guys to find something else besides these tired old drivel? grin

No i'm not the gatekeeper of hell but it exists . . . i know you MUST deny its existence because that is the way the devil manipulates the minds of lost souls. How else can he keep you in bondage but by constantly feeding you the lies of his own non-existence.

Dudu . . . search your heart . . . there is a reason MOST ATHIESTS are mostly virulent about christianity and not islam.

There is no reason, all religion is the same beleiving they are the only ones who have the key and completely blind to anything else despite the fact that there is nothing tangible to what they hold on to being alll in the mind, it is just you "Christian" guys seem to be out in full force today
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by LadyT(f): 2:00am On Dec 20, 2008
No one is even forcing them to believe but this selective reading is just silly at least come with a decent argument!
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Nobody: 2:02am On Dec 20, 2008
duduspace:

There is no reason, all religion is the same beleiving they are the only ones who have the key and completely blind to anything else despite the fact that there is nothing tangible to what they hold on to being alll in the mind, it is just you "Christian" guys seem to be out in full force today

dudu, search your heart. That is NOT true.
Search NL, search the internet . . . 90% of all anti-religious agitation is against christianity alone. Why?
Where are the threads mocking hinduism or islam or sango worshippers?

Why are you more likely to believe in pagan gods than Jesus Christ?

I laugh when i hear athiests struggling desperately to tell us that Dec 25 is a day for the worship of the sun god. If indeed that is true then why are they not boycotting Dec 25 completely? Why would they prefer to celebrate the sun god than Jesus Christ's birth?

Dudu . . . why does christianity alone bother you?  grin

You people are of all people most confused.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by ajadrage: 2:03am On Dec 20, 2008
Honestly, the issues is beyond the existence of a hell or any place of torment of whatever sort. The main issue is salvation and how to seek it. Knowing how to identify the reason for existence and how to aspire to the better life promised since the days of un-documented history. And talking about signs, the very fact that one is having some discourse such as this one here is sign enough for any discerning conscious seeker of true worship. The need for a detailed list of end time signs does not arise as even if one were to provide volumes of evidence as to the significance of these times, those that choose not to see would still not see. . . smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply)

Did Jesus And The Apostles Paid Tithe? / Holy Flock Of Christ, Lagos Church Where Members Dance Five Times In A Year / Winners Chapel Displays The Portrait Of Buhari In Offices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.