Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:59 AM

Job Vacancy (mining Engineer) - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Job Vacancy (mining Engineer) (2729 Views)

Open Position For Trainee Geologist In Mining / Graduate Facilities Engineer (Process/Mechanical) At Chevron Nigeria Limited / Lafarge Group Job Vacancy For A Mining Engineer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Job Vacancy (mining Engineer) by jiday9: 3:14pm On Jan 07, 2015
An indigenous company with a difference – determinedly raising the bar for homegrown enterprise. Established in 1996 by a team of four visionary individuals, which has also grown into a 400-plus-strong business with services spanning telecommunications, construction, and investment – becoming a major player in the Nigerian infrastructure engineering sector requires the service of a Mining Engineer.

POSITION: Mining Engineer

Job Summary:

a. Representing the company on mining related issues
b. Calculation of monthly returns to all regulatory bodies i.e Miners, SSS, Anti Bomb
Squad e.t.c
c. Supervises all Quarry phase activities i.e Drilling, Blasting, breaking of Boulders into
lumps and timely delivery of Lumps to the crushing plant for processing into aggregate.
e. Determines methods to extract minerals, considering factors such as safety, operational costs, deposit characteristics, overburden depth, and surrounding strata.
f. Plans, recommends, and coordinates mining process, type and capacity of haulage equipment, such as power shovels and trucks, and labor utilization.
g. Lay out and directs mine construction operations, such as location and development of shafts, tunnels, chambers, position of excavation benches, and access roads.
h. Designs, implements, and monitors facility projects, such as water and power supply, ventilation system, rock-dust and radon gas control, drainage, rail and conveyor systems, and material cleaning, grading, and reduction systems.
i. Devise methods and locations to store and replace excavated soil to reclaim mine sites.
j. Analyze labor requirements, equipment needs, and operational costs to compute and prepare annual budget reports.
k. Apply knowledge of mining engineering to solve problems concerned with
environment.
l. Plan, organize and supervise the development of mines and mine structures and the operation and maintenance of mines

Reporting Relationships:
Quarry Manager.

Person Specification
The successful candidate must be calm, energetic and analytical, result oriented person, team player, neat, smart, level headed, ready to learn, composed, pay attention to details, honest, and good interpersonal relationship.

Minimum Qualification / Experience Required:
a. HND/B.Sc Mining Engineering.
b. At least 4 years experience in Quarry Mining Business.

Skills & Competencies Required
a. Drilling, Blasting skill
b. Mineral/Material deposit evaluation
c. Mining, Geology, Surveying Skills
d. Maintenance Skills.

Send CV to jiday9@yahoo.com on or before Friday, 9th January, 2015
NB: APPLICATION SHOULD INCLUDE APPLICATION LETTER AND CV.
Re: Job Vacancy (mining Engineer) by Saryea83: 10:15pm On Jan 08, 2015
Location pls!
Re: Job Vacancy (mining Engineer) by Googleus(m): 3:01pm On Jan 12, 2015
location pls

(1) (Reply)

Vlarecruit / Customer Care Representative / URGENT! Relationship/loan Officer At Addosser Microfinance Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.