Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,875 members, 7,806,510 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:33 PM

Toyota Camry 96 Transmission Issue - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Camry 96 Transmission Issue (1353 Views)

Help With Brainbox And Transmission Issue / Toyota Camry Transmission Issue / Plz Help Me On Transmission Issue (updated) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Camry 96 Transmission Issue by bankole200(m): 4:00pm On Jan 07, 2015
Please I need help pertaining to my car, when driven, for sometime, the transmission will stalled and not move again, until the engine and gear, becomes cooler, it will now move again.
However, I consulted my mechanic, he said the fibre is bad and i need to change the gearbox completely. Mind you, I have changed the transmission oil as a result of this. It worked for like 4 days and started all over again.

Re: Toyota Camry 96 Transmission Issue by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:39pm On Jan 07, 2015
Drain the transmission, wash or replace the strainer/filter, put fresh recomended oil and car will be fine.

Pic strainer

Location, strainer

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry 96 Transmission Issue by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jan 07, 2015
Replace your transmission filter as suggested by GAZZUZZ & pray that the filter was actually blocked.
The alternative might be an imminent transmission replacement or overhaul.
Re: Toyota Camry 96 Transmission Issue by bankole200(m): 8:44pm On Jan 07, 2015
0rex:
Replace your transmission filter as suggested by GAZZUZZ & pray that the filter was actually blocked.
The alternative might be an imminent transmission replacement or overhaul.
Thanks, I will do that

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Whistling Noise From Honda CRV 2000 Model / The Future Of Autonomous Vehicles / Help; What Is The Meaning Of This Sign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.