Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,727 members, 7,805,977 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:35 AM

Simple Steps For Making Your First Website. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Simple Steps For Making Your First Website. (1040 Views)

5 Simple Steps To Writing Effective Emails / The World First Website Is 25 Years Old Today / Learn Simple Steps on how To Design your own Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Simple Steps For Making Your First Website. by Ogaga4Luv(m): 9:23am On Dec 16, 2008
Hello and welcome to a small tutorial for making your simple yet powerful website. The tools you will need for this are quite easily available. No fancy stuff involved as I am keeping it very simple one to get you started

Required Softwares:
1) Notepad

Procedure:

First of all make an empty folder called “site”. You can make it anywhere but lets make it on your desktop.

Now open your Notepad. Usually it is in your Start Menu>>Programs>>Accessories

Save it as “head.php” in the “site” folder that you just created.

Now put the code below in it.

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC “-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN”>
<html>
<head>
<title>YOUR TITLE HERE</title>
<meta http-equiv=”Content-Type” content=”text/html; charset=iso-8859-1″>
<meta description = “YOUR DESCRIPTION HERE”>
<meta keywords = “YOUR KEYWORDS HERE”>
</head>
<body>
<table width=”780″ border=”1″ align=”center”>
<tr>
<td colspan=”3″> </td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width=”200″>
<a href=”index.php”>Home</a><br>
<a href=”about.php”>About</a><br>
<a href=”info.php”>Info</a><br>
</td>
<td width=”380″>

Save the file “head.php” after putting the code above in it and close the Notepad.

Now open up Notepad again and put the code below in it and save it as “foot.php”

</td>
<td width=”200″>Right Side Banner Place here</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan=”3″ align=”center”>Footer Text Here</td>
</tr>
</table>
</body>
</html>

Close the “foot.php” after saving it.

Open up another Notepad and save it as “index.php”

Put the code below in it.

<?php
include(”head.php”);
?>
Write your main page content here
<?php
include(”foot.php”);
?>

Save the “index.php” file and make 2 copies of it.

Rename one copy to “about.php” and another to “info.php”

Open “index.php” and put the main page content where it says “Write your main page content here” save it and close it.

Open “about.php” and put the about page content where it says “Write your main page content here” save and close it.

Same way with the “info.php” file open it and put the info page content where it says “Write your main page content here” save and close it.

You can play with the content or with the menu side in head.php. While to show some banners you can edit foot.php and put in some banners that will be shown on the right side of the website. Also don’t forget to edit the text in the foot.php where it says “Footer Text Here”

You are done with your first website. Now the colors and images etc is all upto you. But this will get you started with a basic skeleton of the website

Next time I think I will continue with the usage of images and generating dynamic pages itself.
Re: Simple Steps For Making Your First Website. by dean2725: 3:31am On Dec 29, 2008
good job brother. . . . . smiley
get back to you later.
Re: Simple Steps For Making Your First Website. by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jan 02, 2009
Great job man - i can see you really want to help. Err, but why did you use php as an example for making first websites? i would have prefer you just say html - really no difference just that if you do not have an offline server, you may not be able to run php directly.
I am a little confused when i started seeing php codes in "first website". Maybe u should tell us how to run the sample index.php you just created. Mind you, i appreciate what you are tryin to do and will pop in once in a while to answer any questions your students may be asking - but i will ask you this - how will we run this first website we have created?
Re: Simple Steps For Making Your First Website. by JJYOU: 3:14pm On Jan 02, 2009
brb
Re: Simple Steps For Making Your First Website. by Ogaga4Luv(m): 4:33am On Jan 15, 2009
I can say most people wont catch up with the knowledge of explanation.;i would have use html but im considering the newbie in web mastering.the php i use may not be too difficult and can easily understood than the html.as you already have the knwoledge of what im trying to explain.
dhtml:

Great job man - i can see you really want to help. Err, but why did you use php as an example for making first websites? i would have prefer you just say html - really no difference just that if you do not have an offline server, you may not be able to run php directly.
I am a little confused when i started seeing php codes in "first website". Maybe u should tell us how to run the sample index.php you just created. Mind you, i appreciate what you are tryin to do and will pop in once in a while to answer any questions your students may be asking - but i will ask you this - how will we run this first website we have created?
Re: Simple Steps For Making Your First Website. by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jan 17, 2009
No problem man - just carry go - i hav some business to handle outside the net for now - though i will pop in every now and then to see what is going on.
Meanwhile, u can look at the learn html book on my website maybe it may guide u a bit in helping beginners, all u will need to do it just add some explanations where necessary, afterall it is only a book and is not interactive - u will find it on www.mwebng.net/?net=dl
Re: Simple Steps For Making Your First Website. by okcharly: 2:05pm On Jan 24, 2009
i oan swear i don't understand a piece po what you wrote pls help
Re: Simple Steps For Making Your First Website. by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jan 24, 2009
@okcharly - it seems you are quite new here - dont worry the teacher will try to explain better to you.
@teacher - ehm - this is part of wat i was sayin - it is better to start 'simple' by using html. If you are going php, even if u end up writing only html codes in it - u will still need to teach your students how to install maybe wamp server and guide them to how to successfully create their first web page, and then every other thing will follow - or when u started, u just started directly from php?

(1) (Reply)

The Fate Of Webhosting Business In Nigeria / Why Is My Website Block On This. It Is Only A News Site / Who Fit Teach Me Web Design

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.