Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,922 members, 7,806,677 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:38 PM

SS Youth Can Shut Down Economy If Jonathan Is Not Re-elected – Jimi Agbaje - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SS Youth Can Shut Down Economy If Jonathan Is Not Re-elected – Jimi Agbaje (51929 Views)

Throw Back News: SS Youth Can Shut Down Economy If Jonathan Is Not Re-elected / Worsening Economy: If You Have Shame, You Will Shut Up, FG Replies Ekweremadu / Jimi Agbaje Rides Okada To Rally (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

SS Youth Can Shut Down Economy If Jonathan Is Not Re-elected – Jimi Agbaje by jcflex(m): 4:58pm On Jan 07, 2015
LAGOS State's People's Democratic Party (PDP) gubernatorial candidate Jimi Agbaje brought his campaign to London over the weekend as part of a plan to reach out to the UK diaspora who he said are vital to the development of the state.

At a packed meeting in London called by Mr Agbaje's supporters and the UK chapter of the PDP, the governorship candidate warned of the dangers of not being sensitive when voting. While outlining his plans for Lagos State if elected governor, Mr Agbaje said it was also important to be mindful of what happened at the centre.

Outlining his plans for Lagos State, Mr Agbaje said he planned to build 150,000 housing units over the next four years if elected. He added that between 1999 and now, only 25,000 units have been built, which is way short of the annual demand of at least 120,000, so he planned to start off increasing this in the hope that the numbers would multiply with time.

Among the other plans Mr Agbaje outlined are proposals to develop the rural parts of the state, introduce a health programme similar to the British National Health Service and invest more in education. He added that at the moment, 82% of the education budget was spent on recurrent expenditure and of the 18% that was capital, 10% of this went to the secretariat.

Pointing out that if elected, he would seek to tap into the potential of the diaspora, Mr Agbaje said he would seek to bring as many Nigerians in the UK back home as possible so Lagos State can benefit from their expertise. He also added that he was in favour of allowing disaporans to vote once the necessary structures were put in place.

Mr Agbaje added: "I think we have to recognise the diaspora as a constituency that has a role to play as they bring along experience and ideas. They are coming from a more developed society so have a lot to offer.

"We have to see how many of them we can bring back home and see how they can add value to the process. I support diaspora voting too but there are still issues to be resolved before it can happen so it is about getting the timing right."

Pointing out that if elected, he would seek to tap into the potential of the diaspora, Mr Agbaje said he would seek to bring as many Nigerians in the UK back home as possible so Lagos State can benefit from their expertise. He also added that he was in favour of allowing disaporans to vote once the necessary structures were put in place.

Mr Agbaje added: "I think we have to recognise the diaspora as a constituency that has a role to play as they bring along experience and ideas. They are coming from a more developed society so have a lot to offer.

"We have to see how many of them we can bring back home and see how they can add value to the process. I support diaspora voting too but there are still issues to be resolved before it can happen so it is about getting the timing right."

Furthermore, Mr Agbaje warned that Niger Delta militants could shut the country's economy down if President Goodluck Jonathan was not returned to power next month. In February, Mr Agbaje will be running for Lagos State governor in the same elections during which President Jonathan will be up against General Muhammadu Buhari of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and the governorship candidate warned of the consequences of not returning President Goodluck to office.

Mr Agbaje said: "The Buhari of today is not the Buhari of 2007 or 2011 as he is operating on the steam of those who put him there for their own selfish purposes. We also have to appreciate the fact that the people in the south-south have the ability to shut the system down of their man is not elected.

"Remember that they have done it before. yes, it can happen in the north too but we have to ask ourselves which of the two scenarios we can survive best."

Among the guests who attended the event were Dr Bamanga Tukur, the former PDP chairman and local community leaders in the UK. These included the chairman of the Central Association of Nigerians in the UK, Chief Bimbo Afolayan, Dr Alistair Soyode, the chairman of Ben TV, the former mayor of Enfield Kate Anolue and Anna Mbachu, the former mayor of Waltham Forest.
http://www.nigerianwatch.com/news/6115-agbaje-warns-diaspora-that-south-south-youths-could-stifle-economy-if-goodluck-is-not-elected#sthash.w3NDiyBS.6jFxyY1y.dpufMr

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SS Youth Can Shut Down Economy If Jonathan Is Not Re-elected – Jimi Agbaje by jcflex(m): 5:01pm On Jan 07, 2015
heaven is falling down, it not on only one person, they should go ahead and shut down the economy by bombing all oil companies pipelines and let see, if it only we, that it is going to affect, they will be excluded. foolish people that think with their anus, cant even imagine Jimi Agbaje blowing the nonsense

310 Likes 19 Shares

Re: SS Youth Can Shut Down Economy If Jonathan Is Not Re-elected – Jimi Agbaje by sunnydayasaba(m): 5:02pm On Jan 07, 2015
PDP and lies...South South youth won't do such, not after most of d so-called militant we thought where fighting for d regions have all sold their concense for money.

123 Likes 4 Shares

Re: SS Youth Can Shut Down Economy If Jonathan Is Not Re-elected – Jimi Agbaje by kingofpool: 5:04pm On Jan 07, 2015
Imaging one fu*kin muda f*cka threatening entire nigerian.... Mtcheeew nija don go for dogs

95 Likes 3 Shares

Re: SS Youth Can Shut Down Economy If Jonathan Is Not Re-elected – Jimi Agbaje by hinohsend: 5:04pm On Jan 07, 2015
agbaje has disappointed me with DAT statement, its jjst lyk saying we should vote buhari simply because BH wud stop killing, was he asleep wen MEND endorsed GMB, if he dosent retract dis statement dden he is a fool,if he retracts dis statement he is still a fool

231 Likes 13 Shares

Re: SS Youth Can Shut Down Economy If Jonathan Is Not Re-elected – Jimi Agbaje by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jan 07, 2015
In other words, Jimi Agbaje is promising to make Nigeria "ungovernable" if Buhari is elected President. Anyway, I am 200% that the security under Buhari will be more than a match for any of their recruited thug.
We also have to appreciate the fact that the people in the south-south have the ability to shut the system down of their man is not elected.
"Remember that they have done it before. yes, it can happen in the north too but we have to ask ourselves which of the two scenarios we can survive best."

PDP have started threatening Nigerians, they did similar thing in 2011 through their BoT member Lawal Kaita. Now They are promising to make Nigeria Ungovernable through Jimi Agbaje. DSS Madam, I hope you are not on leaveo

171 Likes 5 Shares

Re: SS Youth Can Shut Down Economy If Jonathan Is Not Re-elected – Jimi Agbaje by hinohsend: 5:05pm On Jan 07, 2015
Is dis a treath or wat? agbaje has disappointed me with DAT statement, its jjst lyk saying we should vote buhari simply because BH wud stop killing, was he asleep wen MEND endorsed GMB, if he dosent retract dis statement den he is a fool,if he retracts dis statement he is still a fool

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SS Youth Can Shut Down Economy If Jonathan Is Not Re-elected – Jimi Agbaje by BlackTechnology: 5:06pm On Jan 07, 2015
Fact of life

No GEJ No oil No Nigeria

Get ready to farm your cocoas and groundnuts

Agbaje don talk

[url=barcanista.omenka.obiageli.berem.cramjones.sincere9gerian.firefire.ochejoseph.coe4eva.phockphockman.whitetechnology.Ngwakwe.Ola6.Rossike.Truckpusher.Babyosisi.collynzo23.theassassin.jmaine.idumuose.Sunnybobo3.joehannibal.BlackTechnology.LeOstrich.OLADD.biafranqueen.Tomakint.Mogidi.Jmaine.Jamace.Atlwireless.Anonimi.Sunnybobo.Customized13.Opiaoku.Petrov10.gramci.Taharqa.Iamodenigbo.Arysexy.Descartes.Gh0stFreak.Shizzlestar.ujoinme.rozayx5.omenka.egift.caseless.ngeneukwenu.cleverly.Obiagelli.Berem.Iligunboy.ilungunboy.Donphilopus.Keneking.Mogidi.Barcarnista.Obiagelli.Demdem.GenBuhari.Kelsoft.Donphilopus.Koboko69.Arresa.Caseless.Gbawemichaelsokoto.gbawe.micahaelsokoto.abagworo.OrlandoOwoh.jomoh.egift.Arewafederation.Soroptimist.Pendy79.Neenar.Desola.MizMyColi.Horus.Whitecat007.Lakpalakpa.ShehuAba.Rawani.Tribaleast.Olaaderin.Nduchucks.Lacasa.Omerta.Ilugunboy.Naptu2.Aussie.Joseph1013.Olayinka8793.MalcoImX.PassingShot.mayoroflagos.shymexx.OrlandoOwoh.chukwudi44.wombraiders.mudraker.bishopjuice.ghostfacekiller.chiefjusticefuk.firefire.datolee.bloodykiller.ichidodo.ratiken.dozzybaba.phockphockman.longeria.anonimi.titaljharem.aryzgreat.publisher.brownlord.iconize.rigarmortis.Descartes.pointb.pazienza.OKDNigeria.stebell.brokenTV.longeria.rozayx5.IKJ66.Billyonaire.BackDatAssUp.swtdrms.ilugunboy.Mogidi.Elslim.bitterleafsoup.com]NairaLanders[/url]

62 Likes 6 Shares

Re: SS Youth Can Shut Down Economy If Jonathan Is Not Re-elected – Jimi Agbaje by SeverusSnape(m): 5:06pm On Jan 07, 2015
NO!....He shouldn't have said that, What is he insinuating?
MR. Jimi, Retract that statement as soon as possible.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SS Youth Can Shut Down Economy If Jonathan Is Not Re-elected – Jimi Agbaje by BlackTechnology: 5:09pm On Jan 07, 2015
barcanista:
In other words, Jimi Agbaje is promising to make Nigeria Economy "unmanageable" if Buhari is elected President. Anyway, I am 200% that the security under Buhari will be more than a match for any of their recruited thug.

The way OBJ the proud failed is the way all presidents will fail if they are cheated.

It is not a threat but fact

Next time build your states economies and make it independent of oil through true federalism

15 Likes

Re: SS Youth Can Shut Down Economy If Jonathan Is Not Re-elected – Jimi Agbaje by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:09pm On Jan 07, 2015
BlackTechnology:
Fact of life

No GEJ No oil No Nigeria

Agbaje don talk

[url=barcanista.omenka.obiageli.berem.cramjones.sincere9gerian.firefire.ochejoseph.coe4eva.phockphockman.whitetechnology.Ngwakwe.Ola6.Rossike.Truckpusher.Babyosisi.collynzo23.theassassin.jmaine.idumuose.Sunnybobo3.joehannibal.BlackTechnology.LeOstrich.OLADD.biafranqueen.Tomakint.Mogidi.Jmaine.Jamace.Atlwireless.Anonimi.Sunnybobo.Customized13.Opiaoku.Petrov10.gramci.Taharqa.Iamodenigbo.Arysexy.Descartes.Gh0stFreak.Shizzlestar.ujoinme.rozayx5.omenka.egift.caseless.ngeneukwenu.cleverly.Obiagelli.Berem.Iligunboy.ilungunboy.Donphilopus.Keneking.Mogidi.Barcarnista.Obiagelli.Demdem.GenBuhari.Kelsoft.Donphilopus.Koboko69.Arresa.Caseless.Gbawemichaelsokoto.gbawe.micahaelsokoto.abagworo.OrlandoOwoh.jomoh.egift.Arewafederation.Soroptimist.Pendy79.Neenar.Desola.MizMyColi.Horus.Whitecat007.Lakpalakpa.ShehuAba.Rawani.Tribaleast.Olaaderin.Nduchucks.Lacasa.Omerta.Ilugunboy.Naptu2.Aussie.Joseph1013.Olayinka8793.MalcoImX.PassingShot.mayoroflagos.shymexx.OrlandoOwoh.chukwudi44.wombraiders.mudraker.bishopjuice.ghostfacekiller.chiefjusticefuk.firefire.datolee.bloodykiller.ichidodo.ratiken.dozzybaba.phockphockman.longeria.anonimi.titaljharem.aryzgreat.publisher.brownlord.iconize.rigarmortis.Descartes.pointb.pazienza.OKDNigeria.stebell.brokenTV.longeria.rozayx5.IKJ66.Billyonaire.BackDatAssUp.swtdrms.ilugunboy.Mogidi.Elslim.bitterleafsoup.com]NairaLanders[/url]
Take my moniker away from your list. You keep spaming my mentions.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: SS Youth Can Shut Down Economy If Jonathan Is Not Re-elected – Jimi Agbaje by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jan 07, 2015
hinohsend:
Is dis a treath or wat? agbaje has disappointed me with DAT statement, its jjst lyk saying we should vote buhari simply because BH wud stop killing, was he asleep wen MEND endorsed GMB, if he dosent retract dis statement den he is a fool,if he retracts dis statement he is still a fool
My Dear, they are empty barrels. Let them try their rubbish, the government of Buhari will send them to the gallows

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SS Youth Can Shut Down Economy If Jonathan Is Not Re-elected – Jimi Agbaje by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jan 07, 2015
BlackTechnology:

The way OBJ the proud failed is the way all presidents will fail if they are cheated.

It is not a threat but fact

Next time build your states economies and make it independent of oil through true federalism
fool,stop spamming my mentions. Remove my name from your list too

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: SS Youth Can Shut Down Economy If Jonathan Is Not Re-elected – Jimi Agbaje by Afroconnect: 5:12pm On Jan 07, 2015
I thought Jimi Agbaje is wiser than this...so he too is resorting to issuing threats...very dumb thing to say.

76 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SS Youth Can Shut Down Economy If Jonathan Is Not Re-elected – Jimi Agbaje by pendy79: 5:14pm On Jan 07, 2015
And this is the reasoning and line of thought of someone who wants to govern Lagos state of all states in Nigeria.

why is violence and resort to threat a new campaign strategy of the PDP?

If some misguided militants who are bent on the continuous oiling of their bank accounts for buying private jets and building private school in Benin republic assumes a Buhari will be a lameduck like jonaTAN who chickens out like a jellyfish with the mere mention of the name TOMPOLO, they better have a rethink.

Buhari is a general who has a war time experience not a PhD Zoologist with no Students to proof his expertise

The DSS won't see this one worthy of invitation

117 Likes 5 Shares

Re: SS Youth Can Shut Down Economy If Jonathan Is Not Re-elected – Jimi Agbaje by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jan 07, 2015
BlackTechnology:
Fact of life

No GEJ No oil No Nigeria

Agbaje don talk

Guy, I been no wan reply you but I no be person wey dey take something personal. I use ALMIGHTY GOD take beg you make you stop to dey spam me. It is not funny but childish. You are more than this!

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: SS Youth Can Shut Down Economy If Jonathan Is Not Re-elected – Jimi Agbaje by demelza: 5:15pm On Jan 07, 2015
Balderdash!
Absolute balderdash!
But I wont expect nothing less from a glorified thug.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: SS Youth Can Shut Down Economy If Jonathan Is Not Re-elected – Jimi Agbaje by anonimi: 5:16pm On Jan 07, 2015
Agbaje needs to re-tool shaperly

8 Likes

Re: SS Youth Can Shut Down Economy If Jonathan Is Not Re-elected – Jimi Agbaje by BlackTechnology: 5:16pm On Jan 07, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Take my moniker away from your list. You keep spaming my mentions.

Face Agbaje who spoke the truth

This year, we will show the world that those who are ungrateful to us will never partake in our oil wealth.

berem:
fool,stop spamming my mentions. Remove my name from your list too

Do you know d meaning of dat word fo ol

Take life easy

My love

Politics must not involve blood bath

4 Likes

Re: SS Youth Can Shut Down Economy If Jonathan Is Not Re-elected – Jimi Agbaje by Lumyboi(m): 5:16pm On Jan 07, 2015
hinohsend:

If dt statement is truly Frm em, u can jst imagine ow dunce our politicians r. Pathetic

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SS Youth Can Shut Down Economy If Jonathan Is Not Re-elected – Jimi Agbaje by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jan 07, 2015
pendy79:
And this is the reasoning and line of thought of someone who wants to govern Lagos state of all states in Nigeria.

why is violence and resort to threat a new campaign strategy of the PDP?

If some misguided militants who are bent on the continuous oiling of their bank accounts for buying private jets and building private school in Benin republic assumes a Buhari will be a lameduck like jonaTAN who chickens out like a jellyfish with the mere mention of the name TOMPOLO, they better have a rethink.

Buhari is a general who has a war time experience not a PhD Zoologist with no Students to proof his expertise
Bros, the mediocrity that PDP gave Engr Omisore, Sen Obanikoro and co has finally taken over Jimi Agbaje. Can you ever predict that this same Jimi Agbaje will make such pronouncement as at four years ago? Thank God that he has shown himself to be a thug, mentored by Adeseye Ogunlewe and exConvict Olabode George. We have something to tell him whenever his people tells us to vote for him. He is a terrorist

99 Likes 6 Shares

Re: SS Youth Can Shut Down Economy If Jonathan Is Not Re-elected – Jimi Agbaje by atlwireles: 5:19pm On Jan 07, 2015
Not smart, I hope he was misquoted. Allow SS politicians fire the bombs. Nobody can shake them.

5 Likes

Re: SS Youth Can Shut Down Economy If Jonathan Is Not Re-elected – Jimi Agbaje by Juliaann(f): 5:19pm On Jan 07, 2015
gringrin

1 Like

Re: SS Youth Can Shut Down Economy If Jonathan Is Not Re-elected – Jimi Agbaje by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jan 07, 2015
anonimi:
Agbaje needs to re-tool shaperly
This is what we have been saying. PDP are the terrorists of Nigeria. Imagine a Governorship aspirant threatening to make Nigeria Ungovernable if Buhari should win. Anonimi, how long will you remain in the evil project called PDP?

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: SS Youth Can Shut Down Economy If Jonathan Is Not Re-elected – Jimi Agbaje by 9jvirgin(m): 5:20pm On Jan 07, 2015
They will run kaba kaba when the gobe start grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SS Youth Can Shut Down Economy If Jonathan Is Not Re-elected – Jimi Agbaje by jcflex(m): 5:21pm On Jan 07, 2015
BlackTechnology:
Fact of life

No GEJ No oil No Nigeria

Agbaje don talk

yes agbaje talk am, and you agree with him. good and fine. but remember when it happen, both of us, i mean you and I will be mostly affected. the SS youth that will be use by PDP to carry out the dirty job, we they be excluded in the -ve effect it will have on the economy.

you guys think with una Anus. so am not surprise.

they should go ahead and shut down the economy, we are not begging them to stop.
let me remind you, your land have been degraded by oil spill, likewise fishes in your river are no longer there like before

the westerner and the northerner can easily go back to farming for your info.

you dont need to treating us, just go ahead with it, and let see, who suffer the -ve effect most on the long run.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: SS Youth Can Shut Down Economy If Jonathan Is Not Re-elected – Jimi Agbaje by atlwireles: 5:23pm On Jan 07, 2015
jcflex:

yes agbaje talk am, and you agree with him. good and fine. but remember when it happen, both of us, i mean you and I will be mostly affected. the SS youth that will be use by PDP to carry out the dirty job, we they be excluded in the -ve effect it will have on the economy.

they should go ahead and shut down the economy, we are not begging them to stop.
let me remind you, your land have been degraded by oil spill, likewise fishes in your river are no longer there like before

you dont need to treating us, just go ahead with it, and let see, who suffer the -ve effect most on the long run.

How old are you undecided

5 Likes

Re: SS Youth Can Shut Down Economy If Jonathan Is Not Re-elected – Jimi Agbaje by Gbawe: 5:24pm On Jan 07, 2015
When some of us insist the PDP is an evil Party the fans of the Party will begin hyperventilating and insulting us. Yet why is it that every member of the PDP, to include someone viewed as relatively "refined" like Agbaje, find it very easy to deploy asinine and treasonous blackmail against the rest of us if one man(GEJ) and his Party (PDP) do not get their way?

This is very disappointing from Agbaje and a very big indication he is a man who will fully embrace the PDP mentality if entrusted with power. They know GEJ is a goner and they are now all threatening Nigeria. It was Akpabio the other day saying a GEJ Presidency is the only one that can guarantee peace in Nigeria !!! What a horrid Party. They do not even realise that resolute folks become even more resolute when you blackmail them. I cannot believe how easy the PDP are making it for Buhari to win by a landslide. The desperate Party is simply doing everything that will turn off an electorate and gift very easy victory to the opposition. The "biggest Party in Africa" about to be humiliated.

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: SS Youth Can Shut Down Economy If Jonathan Is Not Re-elected – Jimi Agbaje by BlackTechnology: 5:27pm On Jan 07, 2015
jcflex:

You think he is stupid for making such comment

Watch out as Nigeria ceases to exist when SS is cheated of their opportunity

In 1999 SW was compensated for June 12

Now compensate SS for feeding the ungrateful nation called Nigeria

That's the least you guys can do

No more born to rule

Power must go round

7 Likes

Re: SS Youth Can Shut Down Economy If Jonathan Is Not Re-elected – Jimi Agbaje by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jan 07, 2015
Mr Agbaje just messed up by threatening Nigerians with Niger delta millitants! Does he expect us to vote for GEJ out of fear?

We will not call a cow 'brother' because we want to eat meat. BTW, if the sky falls down, it falls on everybody, including those pulling it down.

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: SS Youth Can Shut Down Economy If Jonathan Is Not Re-elected – Jimi Agbaje by theorbiters: 5:27pm On Jan 07, 2015
So, APC can open that their trashy mouth to say they wud form a parallel govt if they lose but this guy can't open his mouth to say SS youth wud shut down the economy. I see.

APC=thugs

9 Likes

Re: SS Youth Can Shut Down Economy If Jonathan Is Not Re-elected – Jimi Agbaje by Baawaa(m): 5:28pm On Jan 07, 2015
Agbaje talk out their agenda,they will surely fail.

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Photo Of Kwankwaso And Peter Obi Having A Good Laugh / Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles / Umahi’s Posters On Samsung Phones, Iphones As Northerners Pose With Them(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.