Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,570 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:37 PM

My Experience With My Car A Few Days Ago - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Experience With My Car A Few Days Ago (1281 Views)

How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience / My Experience Checking Out Innoson Car / Is A Car A Necessity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With My Car A Few Days Ago by oNj(m): 6:42pm On Jan 07, 2015
Car: 2009 Corolla; automatic
City: Abuja
Issue: All out system failure.

Was drivin home few days ago on top speed (140 to 160) then suddenly my 2009 corolla seemed to 'shutdwn', wit d followin comin on immediately:
1. Check Engine light
2. Check power steering
3. Speedometer went flat to zero
4. Mileage also stopped reading
5. Acceleration became an issue and the car just didn't feel like before at all.
To put it lightly, I panicked!
Parked and restarted the car, stil the same. Managed it home all the same.
Because I needed to go somewhere in the evenin, I still drove d car out.
But I further observed that the gear lever which was always warm without AC, felt completely cold.
Of course d gear selection wasn't as before.

After a little googling I loosed d front tires to see if any sensor was out of place. Lo and behold, the right abs sensor was just dangling.

Fixed it back, disconnected the battery heads for some minutes and everything started working, except the speedometer.

Took it out for test-driving and on my way, the speedometer started reading too.

Till today, everything is still working.

Jst amazing such a 'little fault' could throw the car off-balance.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With My Car A Few Days Ago by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:25pm On Jan 07, 2015
oNj:
Car: 2009 Corolla; automatic
City: Abuja
Issue: All out system failure.
Was drivin home few days ago on top speed (140 to 160) then suddenly my 2009 corolla seemed to 'shutdwn', wit d followin comin on immediately:
1. Check Engine light
2. Check power steering
3. Speedometer went flat to zero
4. Mileage also stopped reading
5. Acceleration became an issue and the car just didn't feel like before at all.
To put it lightly, I panicked!
Parked and restarted the car, stil the same. Managed it home all the same.
Because I needed to go somewhere in the evenin, I still drove d car out
But I further observed that the gear lever which was always warm without AC, felt completely cold.
Of course d gear selection wasn't as before.
After a little googling I loosed d front tires to see if any sensor was out of place. Lo and behold, the right abs sensor was just dangling.
Fixed it back, disconnected the battery heads for some minutes and everything started working, except the speedometer.
Took it out for test-driving and on my way, the speedometer started reading too.
Till today, everything is still working.
Jst amazing such a 'little fault' could throw the car off-balance.

@ the bolded part, if it was a minor transsmission problem, you would have caused more damage and probably had to replace the transmission. Please buy a car scanner so you stop taking unnessesary risks with you car.

Meanwhile, abs sensors do not come off on their own, hope kazeem has not visited you? grin

Congrats and good luck.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With My Car A Few Days Ago by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jan 07, 2015
you are doing 140 to 160 bro easy ooo, u have only 1 life

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With My Car A Few Days Ago by oNj(m): 7:28am On Jan 08, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

@ the bolded part, if it was a minor transsmission problem, you would have caused more damage and probably had to replace the transmission. Please buy a car scanner so you stop taking unnessesary risks with you car.

Meanwhile, abs sensors do not come off on their own, hope kazeem has not visited you? grin

Congrats and good luck.

Tnx. Need that scanner soonest.
How mch does it cost, n what product is a better option?
I'd prefer one that read airbag too
Re: My Experience With My Car A Few Days Ago by oNj(m): 7:28am On Jan 08, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Congrats and good luck.

Tnx. Need that scanner soonest.
How mch does it cost, n what product is a better option?
I'd prefer one that reads airbag system too
Re: My Experience With My Car A Few Days Ago by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:31am On Jan 08, 2015
Chiebube!! Garutech! grin

I've called them for you wink
Re: My Experience With My Car A Few Days Ago by oNj(m): 7:36am On Jan 08, 2015
Great!
Hope they cn send it dwn 2 Abj
Re: My Experience With My Car A Few Days Ago by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:41am On Jan 08, 2015
oNj:
Great!
Hope they cn send it dwn 2 Abj

Chiebube abuja 08034533668

1 Like

Re: My Experience With My Car A Few Days Ago by oNj(m): 7:45am On Jan 08, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Chiebube abuja 08034533668

Tnx 4 being there; will ring him
Re: My Experience With My Car A Few Days Ago by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jan 08, 2015
edozie04:
you are doing 140 to 160 bro easy ooo, u have only 1 life
I do it often on C200 w202. Kini big deal??
Re: My Experience With My Car A Few Days Ago by oNj(m): 2:36pm On Jan 08, 2015
tpacalipse:
Bro, I was racing home for a catch up.
Nthn justifies over-speeding though.

So calm dwn pls
Re: My Experience With My Car A Few Days Ago by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jan 08, 2015
tpacalipse:
The time I tried it with my toyota 4runner 2000M mehn had to reduce cus am sure if a stone touch the tire am dead

(1) (Reply)

Father's Day Wishes / My Toyota Camry 1993 Will Not Select Gear 3 And 4 / PLEASE Where Can I Get A Genuine Fuel Pump For A Honda Baby Boy 4 Plug

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.