Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,497 members, 7,781,492 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:27 PM

What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? (39508 Views)

When Your House-help Is Straight From The Village (hilarious Photo) / No To Getting A Car Because Am Single / This Is What My House Help Did To Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by Nobody: 8:47am On Jan 13, 2015
LordReed:

I don't believe that. Are you a wallflower? Introverted?

You could say I am more of a wallflower than introverted I guess.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by LordReed(m): 9:17am On Jan 13, 2015
striktlymi:

You could say I am more of a wallflower than introverted I guess.

Ahh, apparently wallflowers think nobody likes them because they are less skilled socially. Maybe you just need a little more effort in meeting and talking with girls.
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by Nobody: 9:50am On Jan 13, 2015
LordReed:

Ahh, apparently wallflowers think nobody likes them because they are less skilled socially. Maybe you just need a little more effort in meeting and talking with girls.

Lol!

Though my 'social skills' as regards ladies may not be as good as that of some other dudes but meeting and talking with ladies aren't really the major challenges; even though I don't go out of my way to talk to just any lady I am attracted to.

The challenge is mainly understanding them.

Anyways, when I said ' till them gals like me' I was referring to ladies I have been attracted to and actually asked out.

Seems for some unexplained reason, they feel I am a better at being their friend instead.
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by LordReed(m): 10:10am On Jan 13, 2015
striktlymi:

Lol!
Though my 'social skills' as regards ladies may not be as good as that of some other dudes but meeting and talking with ladies aren't really the major challenges; even though I don't go out of my way to talk to just any lady I am attracted to.
The challenge is mainly understanding them.
Anyways, when I said ' till them gals like me' I was referring to ladies I have been attracted to and actually asked out.
Seems for some unexplained reason, they feel I am a better at being their friend instead.

Hmmm do you do the "Mr Nice Guy" bit a bit too much?
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by Nobody: 10:18am On Jan 13, 2015
LordReed:

Ahh, okay but you just probably are too shy to know the ones that like you.

Hmmm...

Since I don't ask every lady I am attracted to out, you may just be right that I fail to notice those who may also be attracted to me.

Ladies are a mystery!
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by Nobody: 10:19am On Jan 13, 2015
LordReed:

Hmmm do you do the "Mr Nice Guy" bit a bit too much?

To those I am really into...YES!
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by LordReed(m): 12:16pm On Jan 13, 2015
striktlymi:

To those I am really into...YES!

I guess it's time to change tactics then.
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jan 13, 2015
LordReed:

I guess it's time to change tactics then.

Hmmm...

You are probably right.

I will think about it.

Thanks!
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by AfricanApple(f): 2:55pm On Jan 13, 2015
striktlymi:

Something like that...
that cannot be true, not with this your fine face sad
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jan 13, 2015
AfricanApple:
that cannot be true, not with this your fine face sad

Lol!

Strange things happen.
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by AfricanApple(f): 7:13pm On Jan 13, 2015
striktlymi:

Lol!

Strange things happen.
maybe you don't go to the right places to meet the right people
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jan 13, 2015
AfricanApple:
maybe you don't go to the right places to meet the right people

Probably!

Thanks!
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by anukulapo: 8:15am On Jan 20, 2015
striktlymi:

If I do get one she must be very presentable and neat. Wouldn't mind one who is educated to certain level.
With such qualities,E don dey near that of maid in manhattan...you know how the story ended ba?
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by Nobody: 8:36am On Jan 20, 2015
anukulapo:

With such qualities,E don dey near that of maid in manhattan...you know how the story ended ba?

Yet to see that movie brah.
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by anukulapo: 9:34am On Jan 20, 2015
striktlymi:

Yet to see that movie brah.
Nah,the movie line is not close to your story. I'm just saying that when a man sees the qualities he wants in a woman,whether she is a maid or not,he might go for her.
Truth is nothing is bad about it,but just be ready for anything. Good or/and Bad.
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by adedayourt(m): 11:29am On Jan 20, 2015
A man in his right senses wouldn't do that undecided
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by Bonethugss: 11:44pm On Jan 20, 2015
Nigerians never cease to amaze me, he said he needs someone to ensure the house is clean and to cook for him and the majority are advising him to marry.. since when did this become the primary function of a wife.
For me, it's a secondary, I repeat a secondary function.
If he said he was lonely, or needed some form of company, i would understand your advice, but he just needs a domestic help, TO CLEAN....

Sad to know that both males and females suggested marriage, just shows how our women do not even know their place and our guys are so not it.
Reason for marriages in Nigeria tires me oh..

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by Nobody: 5:51am On Jan 21, 2015
Bonethugss:
Nigerians never cease to amaze me, he said he needs someone to ensure the house is clean and to cook for him and the majority are advising him to marry.. since when did this become the primary function of a wife.
If he said he was lonely, or needed some form of company, i would understand your advice, but he just needs a domestic help, TO CLEAN....

Sad to know that both males and females suggested marriage, just shows how our women do not even know their place and our guys are so not it.

Wow!

Thanks for that!
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by LydayBobo(m): 6:52am On Jan 25, 2015
striktlymi:

Okay, thanks!

I thinking of getting someone who would come in daily when I am away at work and leave after she is done. We need not see each other till it's time to pay her.

If it's a daily arrangement, how much do you think is a fair wage? How much do you pay for the arrangement you have?

it's between NGN2,500 and NGN4000 depending on what get done. Sometimes I do give her gift

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by Nobody: 7:12am On Jan 25, 2015
LydayBobo:

it's between NGN2,500 and NGN4000 depending on what get done. Sometimes I do give her gift

Okay, thanks!
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by Nobody: 7:31am On Jan 25, 2015
Bonethugss:

Bless you, even the women dont know their own value

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jan 25, 2015
aisha2:

Bless you, even the women dont knoe their own value

Hey not so fast....
Reading the original post is enough to make a lot of insinuations, although I didn't advice him to, but I wont blame who told him such..
1. He is a an adult male, maybe marriageable age
2. He needs an adult unrelated female (20-25) to help out with household chores
3. They are fully blown adults
It wont be wrong to conclude that if its a full blown young lady he needs in his house it ought to be a wife.......
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jan 25, 2015
favoured234:

Hey not so fast....
Reading the original post is enough to make a lot of insinuations, although I didn't advice him to, but I wont blame who told him such..
1. He is a an adult male, maybe marriageable age
2. He needs an adult unrelated female (20-25) to help out with household chores
3. They are fully blown adults
It wont be wrong to conclude that if its a full blown young lady he needs in his house it ought to be a wife.......

Till he says he needs a wife respect his ability to decide what he wants, a wife is not a maid. He wants a maid not a wife that he is of marriage age doesn't mean he wants to marry. He needs a maid its not a crime, dont judge others by your own standards

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jan 25, 2015
aisha2:

Till he says he needs a wife respect his ability to decide what he wants, a wife is not a maid. He wants a maid not a wife that he is of marriage age doesn't mean he wants to marry. He needs a maid its not a crime, dont judge others by your own standards

I will never judge anyone by my own standards.. but you did just for saying "even the women dont knoe their own value"
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jan 25, 2015
favoured234:

I will never judge anyone by my own standards.. but you did just for saying "even the women dont knoe their own value"

Any woman who equates getting a maid with getting a wife doesn't know her value. No apologies.

A wife is beyond the ability to cook and clean. Stop dragging me abeg. I don't intend to spend my Sunday afternoon going back and forth with you

4 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jan 25, 2015
aisha2:

Any woman who equates getting a maid with getting a wife doesn't know her value. No apologies.

A wife is beyond the ability to cook and clean. Stop dragging me abeg. I don't intend to spend my Sunday afternoon going back and forth with you
and this is a world class standard and not your own standard? Have a nice day
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by spicy244(f): 7:16pm On Jan 28, 2015
Bonethugss:

Reason I wanna remain single....pple getting it wrong
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by spicy244(f): 7:21pm On Jan 28, 2015
striktlymi:

Hmmm...

You are probably right.

I will think about it.

Thanks!

You are always thinking bout it. BTW, av u made your conclusion? You av to give us feedback u know. I sent u a pm.
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jan 28, 2015
spicy244:

You are always thinking bout it. BTW, av u made your conclusion? You av to give us feedback u know. I sent u a pm.

Oh...didn't realize a feedback was necessary smiley

I decided to err on the side of caution. Since I don't know any lady I trust to perform that role, I thought it better to hold on for the now.

A PM?? What about?

I hope I responded! embarassed
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by Bosch10(m): 11:29pm On Feb 09, 2015
striktlymi:
Thinking seriously of getting one who would help with the house chores to include preparing my meals.
not bad though,bt be careful,hope u have more than a room in your house
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by Nobody: 5:30am On Feb 10, 2015
Bosch10:
not bad though,bt be careful,hope u have more than a room in your house

Yes I do, thanks!

Though I have decided to put that on hold for now.
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by Nobody: 10:35am On Sep 27, 2015

If I do get one she must be very presentable and neat. Wouldn't mind one who is educated to certain level.
Then I'll strt getting attracted 2 her or probably just satisfying ur sexual cravings...No dent on ur person,pardon...But it's not advisable...There are capable male helpers. Get 1 of those instead.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

‘Marry One, Marry All’ — Omosuwa Triplets Share Marriage Hopes / Man Who Abandoned His Wife And Twins Speaks Out / He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.