Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,577 members, 7,809,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:00 PM

What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? (39712 Views)

When Your House-help Is Straight From The Village (hilarious Photo) / No To Getting A Car Because Am Single / This Is What My House Help Did To Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by veave(f): 6:56pm On Jan 08, 2015
Why not get a middle aged ot old mama about 50 to 60 years. Who needs the money and will not give you headache

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jan 08, 2015
veave:
Why not get a middle aged ot old mama about 50 to 60 years. Who needs the money and will not give you headache

I do not want any controlling influence.
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by An0nimus: 3:55pm On Jan 09, 2015
striktlymi:

Hmmmm....

Food for thought though.

At least that age range I am relatively sure someone is not forcing her to do the job.

A colleague told me about a maid he had of about 17/18 but realized only recently that the mum forced her to do it.

PS: I don't want someone older cause I won't be comfortable.

They're ladies in the 20-25 age range who could be forced into the job by guardians/parents. I get your point anyways.

Good luck with the search.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by Nobody: 10:40am On Jan 10, 2015
carefreewannabe:
It sort of irritates me that so many people think of s*ex because of the question the OP asked.
Is this not the country in which most people were brought up by conservative and highly religious parents, where children are trained better than anywhere else? undecided

wondering

I wonder too undecided

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by pitoski(m): 10:40am On Jan 10, 2015
iamodenigbo1:
she should be presentable and mapiable grin
grin grin grin
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by Yippeedaniel(m): 10:43am On Jan 10, 2015
I think it's funny
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by unmask: 10:44am On Jan 10, 2015
What I think is killing two birds with one stone..... Or if you get a good one, please let me know I need one too

And I play well O.... Sorry meant *pay*
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by sleekman(m): 10:45am On Jan 10, 2015
remsonik:
Op I dont get....you have two hands and two legs yet you can't do your chores and cook your own meals!! I pity the woman you will marry
My friend sharap there. D things u vomit are astonishing. Have u got a bf? If u do what's d longest time uve held down a man? People like u are terrible cooks and logs in bed. Mtchewwww!
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by badassProdigy(m): 10:45am On Jan 10, 2015
OP contact me when u fix ur weedin date grin

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by Nobody: 10:46am On Jan 10, 2015
Konji thingz grin
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by BISIXCLUSIVE: 10:47am On Jan 10, 2015
You need one?ok call me on this number 070663530-------so far your bank account is fat. Lol I will be more than an house help.......
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by ogawisdom(m): 10:47am On Jan 10, 2015
It is called Using one stone to kill two birds cool
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by chronique(m): 10:49am On Jan 10, 2015
If that's you on your profile,all I'd say is thumbs up! I like pretty girls to a fault,even if it's just casual friendships. The thought of walking side-by-side a pretty face,does wonders to my ego. Your man is lucky.
cococandy:
Good if she doesn't spend nights in your house to reduce risk of temptations.

Body no be wood. So u don't enter unplanned parenthood.

And maintain professionalism at all times. No calling by first names or idle chit chat:
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by sleekman(m): 10:50am On Jan 10, 2015
striktlymi:
Thinking seriously of getting one who would help with the house chores to include preparing my meals.
Chairman d best way is to employ an unemployed graduate. That way 1+1 might be 2. Just look out 4 humble girls sha and not people like remsonik.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by odinga042: 10:51am On Jan 10, 2015
I will advice you take a bold step and propose to a girl, u don't have much to loose atleast she will be doing the house chores.
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by chiibekee(f): 10:52am On Jan 10, 2015
eleojo23:
Get a male cook. No need to start writing a story whose end you may not like.

You want someone of around 25 years to do your chores for you. That's the age at which most ladies in our society think about marriage so I don't think a lady will really be fine with doing chores for a man who is not her husband (when she's supposed to be married or engaged). And what if you happen to get one who is desperate, she may put you in a tight situation and then you end up regretting bringing her into your house.

Pardon me if my imagination has gone too wild. I do not mean any offense to the womenfolk but you'll agree with me that this is a possible scenario.
I smell gay in ur opinion. Living with a man that is not related to u is far from it. If u are not ready for marriage, get a younger sister, brother, cousin, nephew or niece. Or rather stay alone and eat out, weekends u take ur clothes to a dry cleaner or u get a washing machine. And ur girlfriend to do the cleaning for u.
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by Nobody: 10:53am On Jan 10, 2015
carefreewannabe:
It sort of irritates me that so many people think of s*ex because of the question the OP asked.
Is this not the country in which most people were brought up by conservative and highly religious parents, where children are trained better than anywhere else? undecided

wondering

It used to be that way, but with the increase of sexual undertones in music, movies, ads and mags, i'm afraid it's not anymore. So in dealing with the opposite sex these days, one has to factor sex in . Not that you plan to have sex with any member of the opposite sex u meet, but you should bear in mind the way people reason. You may have a clean mind, but the person you re dealing with may develop an ulterior motive.

It's better to be safe than sorry.

To the OP, if u really need a female house help, it's better to make it as professional as possible and be plain as possible. As her to discuss with whom ever she's in relationship with, to let them knw the kind of Job she does. She may come in the morning while u abt to leave for work and close when u come home from work. If she does her job very well, she might not have to come to work in the weekends.

If you keep your own side and respect yourself, she wouldnt have any chance of over stepping her boundaries.
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by remsonik(f): 10:53am On Jan 10, 2015
sleekman:
My friend sharap there. D things u vomit are astonishing. Have u got a bf? If u do what's d longest time uve held down a man? People like u are terrible cooks and logs in bed. Mtchewwww!

The last I checked its my opinion and I have a right to it. You are not my man anyway and he isnt complaining. I wasnt raised to slave myself for a man who isnt my hubby yet. I thank God for my mum and the way she raised my brothers.
If you have nothing reasonable to say please shut the hell up and go and sleep
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by RotrEmmanuel: 10:53am On Jan 10, 2015
joe17:
E go make sense if she ends up being ur wife grin

Buh bros, seriously I fink u need a wife instead cheesy
He is gay and doesn't need a wife. grin
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by charismaticdave(m): 10:54am On Jan 10, 2015
Enuf with this body no bi firewood stuff, @op, get your househelp and damn the consequences, as long as that's what you want, you don't want controlling influence, you don't want forced influence, you don't want people's influence, which influence you come want? Why you even post am, if you don't want people's advice.

I love your comment about a man is only as strong as he feels he is.
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by remsonik(f): 10:54am On Jan 10, 2015
sleekman:
Chairman d best way is to employ an unemployed graduate. That way 1+1 might be 2. Just look out 4 humble girls sha and not people like remsonik.
Seems my moniker is giving you a headache this early morning........jump and pass!!
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by Pholayemi(f): 10:55am On Jan 10, 2015
She dsnt av to be the type of maid dat stays home. She cud com lik once or twice. A week. Do the chores n go.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by sleekman(m): 10:56am On Jan 10, 2015
striktlymi:

Its not that bad!
Abeg no mind remsonik. She dey use style send u coded message.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by joelenesleek(f): 10:56am On Jan 10, 2015
striktlymi:

**sprinkles holy water and makes the sign of the cross** grin
Abeg, how much will you pay me and where is your location?
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by Nobody: 10:57am On Jan 10, 2015
Na wife be dat naa..lol
Except u av a pure mind and aint easily tempted by d opposite sex..
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by sleekman(m): 10:58am On Jan 10, 2015
remsonik:

Seems my moniker is giving you a headache this early morning........jump and pass!!
Don't worry. I know ure trying 2 remember ur phone number like ur oga.
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by litetias(m): 10:58am On Jan 10, 2015
Just make sure you get a hot maid cos this harmattan is really cold
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by Pamcrest(f): 10:58am On Jan 10, 2015
Op, u should take a male househelp....why do u need a female? I'm suspecting u oh. Flee from every appearance of temptation grin
My humble submission
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by remsonik(f): 10:58am On Jan 10, 2015
sleekman:
Abeg no mind remsonik. She dey use style send u coded message.
Did you read the latter part of my contribution to the op?? Pls go through my other post on this thread mumu.
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by domido(m): 10:59am On Jan 10, 2015
grin grin I like ur style. U want to use one stone to kill two Birds. She'll take care of ur home and also ur bed wit u just paying salary. That's good. Then u wife her. Okkkk
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by Nobody: 10:59am On Jan 10, 2015
@OP bruh i know the feeling i was contemplating the same thing, the nature of my job though being 99% mental it totally exhausting, so whenever i get home the best i could do was put clothes in my washing machine, drink power horse and eat pringles and go straight to bed.. as in i was living on junk food for a very long time..
I now called up my mum and asked if she could help get me a female house help, its safe to say that the sound of her scream damaged my ear drum temporarily, she asked if i was really sane.
To cut a long story short yes, i understand the need to consider this, but realize that except its a male house help you as a single guy are not advice to take a female house help.

If you had a fiancee trust me she would refuse vehemently.. all i cam say is, buy a washing machine, get a microwave, i can give a number for a caterer who cooks for my colleagues and i, she cooks soup and stew to last a month you put them in your freezer and microwave a portion whenever u need to.

do your shopping once a month, buy everything in large amounts, stock up on cereals, oats, and every beverage you like.

The only female that should spend as much time as she likes in your house is your fiancee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by sleekman(m): 10:59am On Jan 10, 2015
joelenesleek:
Abeg, how much will you pay me and where is your location?
Chei see potential bride. Sharp woman lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Alarming Number Of Nigerian Women Think Spousal Abuse by husband is justifiable / My Husband Refused To Take A Second Wife, Please Separate Us, Woman Tells Court / Group Of Divorced Nigerian Women Celebrate Initiation Of New Members (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.