Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,026 members, 7,807,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:45 AM

How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity (21540 Views)

No Christianity, No Nigeria / The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. / Why Is There No Christianity For Christians Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by lastchild: 8:51pm On Jan 07, 2015
We believe that whatever spiritual problem we have today must be solved by prayers and no way else

Now my questions are:

When there was no Christianity, were people not having these problems? Were they not solving them? How were they solving them?

6 Likes

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by zyzxx(m): 9:13pm On Jan 07, 2015
They run after small gods. Dat y there are more darkness dan light.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by buccunmie(m): 9:16pm On Jan 07, 2015
They have herbalists who consult d Oracle for them when there is a problem.

2 Likes

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by lastchild: 9:18pm On Jan 07, 2015
zyzxx:
were those small gods not solving the problems?

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by lastchild: 9:18pm On Jan 07, 2015
buccunmie:
They have herbalists who consult d Oracle for them when there is a problem.
and the finally solve the problem?

2 Likes

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by zyzxx(m): 9:23pm On Jan 07, 2015
lastchild:
were those small gods not solving the problems?
dey are solving problem in a wrong way.
D sacrifices they demand for are full of evil, eg human being blood, goat blood, killing of twins and so on. dey are demonic bro. And evil.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by saintopus(m): 10:00pm On Jan 07, 2015
zyzxx:
D sacrifices they demand for are full of evil, eg human being blood, goat blood, killing of twins and so on. dey are demonic bro. And evil.
Not all require human blood, goat blood etc. Some use herbs and chanting of various names of Gods to get a better understanding of the problem. You see, African Traditional Religion today lacks credibility because it was not written down in a holy book. Worse, the advent of the influence of foreign religion finally erode the little history and relevance of the ATR. Most of the Actions of the Gods or gods of the Old Testament are not different from African Gods. The different perhaps was that, theirs was written down on a "holy book " while ours was not. African Gods like Amadioha, Ogun, etc. are real to the Africans and their worshippers as much as elohim is a valid God to the christians.
To this end, African have been solving their problems time immemorial using their ways.

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by zyzxx(m): 10:14pm On Jan 07, 2015
saintopus:

Not all require human blood, goat blood etc. Some use herbs and chanting of various names of Gods to get a better understanding of the problem. You see, African Traditional Religion today lacks credibility because it was not written down in a holy book. Worse, the advent of the influence of foreign religion finally erode the little history and relevance of the ATR. Most of the Actions of the Gods or gods of the Old Testament are not different from African Gods. The different perhaps was that, theirs was written down on a "holy book " while ours was not. African Gods like Amadioha, Ogun, etc. are real to the Africans and their worshippers as much as elohim is a valid God to the christians.
To this end, African have been solving their problems time immemorial using their ways.
bro u can't find perfect thing in all d gods u mention, dey lack peace, and dey all av only one hope wich is dis world. Dat there limitation.
But christian God. Is d alpha and omega, the only perfect God, the unchangeable changer, the eternity God.
Mention it, God of peace, God of all possbilty.
No 1 can be compare to him.
Gerrit sir?

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by killjoy(m): 10:20pm On Jan 07, 2015
I'm enjoying d thread. watching from a distance with a Biro n paper in hand.
Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by buccunmie(m): 11:36pm On Jan 07, 2015
lastchild:
and the finally solve the problem?
According to religious ethic, some problems are solved while some end up resurfacing after a while. d bottom line is dat, devil can't give you a gift without collecting something else from you. dia must be an exchange.

6 Likes

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by saintopus(m): 4:50am On Jan 08, 2015
zyzxx:
bro u can't find perfect thing in all d gods u mention, dey lack peace, and dey all av only one hope wich is dis world. Dat there limitation.
But christian God. Is d alpha and omega, the only perfect God, the unchangeable changer, the eternity God.
Gerrit sir?
My question is would you not believe if African Traditional Religion was written down in the Bible?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by macof(m): 11:09am On Jan 08, 2015
zyzxx:

Excuse me! Small Gods you say?. Yet these Gods protected our ancestors, kept our lands free from disasters, enabled us build empires, graced us with intelligence and skills to overcome life's huddles, healed us etc.

Surely ur God, Jehovah must be the small ones

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by davien(m): 11:30am On Jan 08, 2015
macof:

Excuse me! Small Gods you say?. Yet these Gods protected our ancestors, kept our lands free from disasters, enabled us build empires, graced us with intelligence and skills to overcome life's huddles, healed us etc.

Surely ur God, Jehovah must be the small ones
Atleast we didn't kill each other that much before those foreign abrahamic religions came

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by asodeboyede(m): 11:38am On Jan 08, 2015
lastchild:
We believe that whatever spiritual problem we have today must be solved by prayers and no way else

Now my question is,when there was no christianity,were people not having these problems?were they not solving them?
Orunmila!

2 Likes

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by macof(m): 11:44am On Jan 08, 2015
zyzxx:
Gerrit sir?

what exactly do u mean by perfect thing? Perfection is subjective to individual perspective...so pls explain

Lmao ur Christian god has achieved nothing in last 2000yrs of his existence.

Where was Christianity in the 200BC? When Rome was high and mighty with it's God Jupiter(Zeus in Greek)
Where was ur stuupid young god around the 1500BC when Egypt was at it's peak by Grace of Ptah and AmenRa, that greeks had to come into Africa to learn science

What has ur god achieved as the acclaimed perfect one?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by macof(m): 11:47am On Jan 08, 2015
buccunmie:

According to religious ethic, some problems are solved while some end up resurfacing after a while. d bottom line is dat, devil can't give you a gift without collecting something else from you. dia must be an exchange.

And what concerns ur devil with what the OP is saying?

1 Like

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by buccunmie(m): 6:24pm On Jan 08, 2015
macof:

And what concerns ur devil with what the OP is saying?
When u discuss Christianity, you discussing God.......wen it is it is the other way round, you are discussing devil because one or the other, two of them are involve.
Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by macof(m): 10:29am On Jan 09, 2015
buccunmie:

When u discuss Christianity, you discussing God.......wen it is it is the other way round, you are discussing devil because one or the other, two of them are involve.

and this is absolutely idiotic, you might nt realize it but ur extremism is on the high, I wonder why people like u condemn boko haram for the same religious extremism

Now anything non-Christian is devil orientated? Shows how ignorant u are about other religions and spiritual standards...did muslims tell u they worship ur devil? Did hindus tell u they know ur devil? Did African traditionalists tell u a devil exist?

You ridiculous dogmatic parasites never seem to realize ur actions and silly hateful comments are bad for society and the world at large

35 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by buccunmie(m): 11:15am On Jan 09, 2015
macof:

and this is absolutely idiotic, you might nt realize it but ur extremism is on the high, I wonder why people like u condemn boko haram for the same religious extremism

Now anything non-Christian is devil orientated? Shows how ignorant u are about other religions and spiritual standards...did muslims tell u they worship ur devil? Did hindus tell u they know ur devil? Did African traditionalists tell u a devil exist?

You ridiculous dogmatic parasites never seem to realize ur actions and silly hateful comments are bad for society and the world at large
u obviously have a problem. who is discussing Muslim and boko haram here. who on earth doesn't know the main source of black magic if not.only clueless attention seeking people like you. this thread is discussing d solution people look on to before the advent of Christianity here. calm down and read well before you start typing anyhow.

1 Like

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by buccunmie(m): 12:43pm On Jan 09, 2015
macof:

what exactly do u mean by perfect thing? Perfection is subjective to individual perspective...so pls explain

Lmao ur Christian god has achieved nothing in last 2000yrs of his existence.

Where was Christianity in the 200BC? When Rome was high and mighty with it's God Jupiter(Zeus in Greek)
Where was ur stuupid young god around the 1500BC when Egypt was at it's peak by Grace of Ptah and AmenRa, that greeks had to come into Africa to learn science

What has ur god achieved as the acclaimed perfect one?
I pray that God won't show himself to you the hard way.#watchyourtongue

3 Likes

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by macof(m): 12:55pm On Jan 09, 2015
buccunmie:

I pray that God won't show himself to you the hard way.#watchyourtongue

this idiotic religious parasite again, why not answer my question

Ur damned god is nothing but poo, hard way indeed grin

11 Likes

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by macof(m): 1:10pm On Jan 09, 2015
buccunmie:

u obviously have a problem. who is discussing Muslim and boko haram here. who on earth doesn't know the main source of black magic if not.only clueless attention seeking people like you. this thread is discussing d solution people look on to before the advent of Christianity here. calm down and read well before you start typing anyhow.

I brought up muslims because u have made it clear that you are an extremist u views non-Christian ideas as satanic, devil driven.

The OP said nothing of black magic, show me where black magic was reference in this thread?

Solution people look to before christianity, yes! And u stupidly bring up "devil"
Can't u see what I attack ur post for?

13 Likes

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by Tranglatar(m): 11:57am On Jan 15, 2015
lastchild:

Now my question is,when there was no christianity,were people not having these problems?were they not solving them?

They kept on missing the solution to their problems that HE sent HIS only begotten SON that they/we may have LIFE in full. Hence we are witnesses of special orders that those that lived before Christianity. How blessed are we, that follow HIS only begotten SON

3 Likes

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by lastchild: 12:15pm On Jan 15, 2015
Tranglatar:

They kept on missing the solution to their problems that HE sent HIS only begotten SON that they/we may have LIFE in full. Hence we are witnesses of special orders that those that lived before Christianity. How blessed are we, that follow HIS only begotten SON
are you saying in those days the problem they had never got solved?

2 Likes

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by TheIkoro(m): 4:03pm On Jan 16, 2015
lastchild:

Happiness he who seeks may win, if he practise the seeking.

- The Buddha.

Thou hast said, "Seek ye My face."

- The Bible.

GOD he who seeks WILL win, if he practise the seeking.

- The Ikoro.

But IN EVERY NATION he that feareth Him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with Him.

- The Bible.
Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by macof(m): 7:14pm On Jan 16, 2015
Tranglatar:

Yet nations were better off before christianity
Nubia, Egypt, Rome etc.
Explain to us how the solutions never came before ur Jesus?

6 Likes

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by johnw74: 12:56am On Jan 17, 2015
TheIkoro:

Happiness he who seeks may win, if he practise the seeking.

- The Buddha.

Thou hast said, "Seek ye My face."

- The Bible.

GOD he who seeks WILL win, if he practise the seeking.

- The Ikoro.

But IN EVERY NATION he that feareth Him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with Him.

- The Bible.

Act 4:10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
Act 4:11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
Act 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

6 Likes

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by johnydon22(m): 1:09am On Jan 17, 2015
zyzxx:
Please bro how is all these things you mentioned here different from the attributes of the old testament yahweh? Human sacrifice (almost used isaac, jesophaths daughter, and even his own son jesus) animal sacrifice and ethnical cleansing, infanticides... why dont you start condemning from here... This is one thing with religion. everybody so quick to point out the flaws in others but ignore that same flaw existing within their own order, i think somehow they think theirs is different...

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by macof(m): 9:41am On Jan 17, 2015
johnydon22:

Please bro how is all these things you mentioned here different from the attributes of the old testament yahweh? Human sacrifice (almost used isaac, jesophaths daughter, and even his own son jesus) animal sacrifice and ethnical cleansing, infanticides... why dont you start condemning from here... This is one thing with religion. everybody so quick to point out the flaws in others but ignore that same flaw existing within their own order, i think somehow they think theirs is different...

It's called hypocrisy...this is the core character of religionists especially Christians

13 Likes

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by macof(m): 9:41am On Jan 17, 2015
johnw74:

Act 4:10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
Act 4:11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
Act 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Can u tell us how Jesus has solved problems for any nation?

3 Likes

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by viceldo(m): 9:54am On Jan 17, 2015
macof:

I'M IN.........

yes i can tel u how JESUS solved d problm of Nigeria ( BY TAKIN EBOLA OUT NIGERIA) to stp ppl frm bathin wit salt nd water

I'M OUT......
Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by viceldo(m): 10:05am On Jan 17, 2015
macof:

I'M IN.........

yes i can tel u how JESUS solved d problm of Nigeria ( BY TAKIN EBOLA OUT OF NIGERIA) to stp ppl frm bathin wit salt nd water

I'M OUT......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bishop Peter Nworie Chukwu Ordained For Abakaliki Catholic Diocese / Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards / Pastor Adeboye Celebrates Wife, Folu, On Her 73rd Birthday (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.