Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,310 members, 7,780,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:03 PM

Amaechi: Fg Has Abandoned Crossriver and Abia States - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi: Fg Has Abandoned Crossriver and Abia States (2964 Views)

FG Owing IMO And Abia States 9.7trillion Naira ( Proceeds From 42 Oil Wells ). / Buhari Has Abandoned Those That Brought Him To Power –olufunmilade / Wike Commends Amaechi, FG For Continuing Rail Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi: Fg Has Abandoned Crossriver and Abia States by Abagworo(m): 7:54am On Jan 08, 2015
Director General of the Buhari Campaign Organisation
and Rivers State Governor, Governor Rotimi Amaechi
has insisted that the Federal Government of Nigeria has
abandoned and impoverished Cross River State, even
though its governor was not 'fighting' them as he is
alleged to.
Speaking in Calabar when the APC presidential
candidate, General Muhammadu Buhari addressed the
party faithful and the electorate, he said: "If the
president is not also fighting Governor Liyel Imoke like
they say I do, why is the state impoverished, why has he
abandoned the state, why are the roads, even the federal
roads, in such a terrible state? Why has the federal
government refused to fix the roads?
"Is the governor of Abia State also fighting the
president? He is a PDP man. But go and look at the
roads there. These two states are important link states
but they cannot be accessed because their government
has abandoned them."

He claimed that the president has rather lavished
attention on Akwa Ibom State at the detriment of Cross
River State.
"Tell me how many times he has visited Cross River state
since 2011. How much does this state collect as federal
allocation? A meagre two Billion Naira. But, see if you
can count the number of times he has visited and slept
in Uyo, capital of Akwa Ibom State."
Amaechi also emphasized that Jonathan, as one from the
South South region of the country, has not made his
impact felt.
"Let nobody tell me that Jonathan is my brother because
he is from South South. My brother should be able to
show me favour, fix my roads and identify with my
plight. He has refused to identify with the plight of Cross
River State", he stressed.
Speaking, APC presidential candidate, General
Muhammadu Buhari warned the people of Cross River
State not to cast their votes for the ruling Peoples
Democratic Party, otherwise, they would be entrenching
corruption in Nigeria.
He said they must do all in their powers to kill
corruption, both at the state and federal levels if not
corruption will kill and bury the country.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi: Fg Has Abandoned Crossriver and Abia States by Abagworo(m): 7:55am On Jan 08, 2015
Re: Amaechi: Fg Has Abandoned Crossriver and Abia States by stebell(m): 8:02am On Jan 08, 2015
Amaechi and Buhari shud stop wasting their tym and energy in SS. the real battle for votes wud be NE n NW cos all we kno is that GEJ has SS,SE,SW,MB.

So Amaechi, get ready to relocate to Ghana the moment it's clear to yu that GEJ is winning.

14 Likes

Re: Amaechi: Fg Has Abandoned Crossriver and Abia States by mensdept: 8:07am On Jan 08, 2015
Amaechi, when last have you even slept in Port Harcourt? Up and down everywhere for the last 4 years like a chicken during Thanksgiving week.

You call 2 BILLION naira meager? What's Rivers state allocation every year? Is it not more? For the last 7+ years as governor did you turn Port Harcourt into Marseille or Miami?

What highways systems or medical centers did you build, or stadiums? $ 60 million would get the Sharks a great world class facility, and with some strategic marketing, they could be profitable. How about a medical center of 4 cardio, kidney, and general practice hospitals with world class equipment and a great management firm to ensure their profitability? After all, we hear Nigerians spent $2.5 Billion in medical tourism last year, and if a MEAGER $200 million could be made and retained in Rivers, I think that'll be good right?

Why the supreme court came from no where to install this man as governor is another story

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi: Fg Has Abandoned Crossriver and Abia States by Abagworo(m): 8:09am On Jan 08, 2015
stebell:
Amaechi and Buhari shud stop wasting their tym and energy in SS. the real battle for votes wud be NE n NW cos all we kno is that GEJ has SS,SE,SW,MB.

So Amaechi, get ready to relocate to Ghana the moment it's clear to yu that GEJ is winning.

Jonathan is likely losing in Imo, Rivers and Edo States. The most he can garner in these 3 States even with a win is 55%.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi: Fg Has Abandoned Crossriver and Abia States by asha80(m): 8:11am On Jan 08, 2015
Akwa ibom should be in the mix

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: Fg Has Abandoned Crossriver and Abia States by samco19: 8:12am On Jan 08, 2015
space book
Re: Amaechi: Fg Has Abandoned Crossriver and Abia States by Abagworo(m): 8:18am On Jan 08, 2015
asha80:
Akwa ibom should be in the mix
Why? Is it because of Umana?
Re: Amaechi: Fg Has Abandoned Crossriver and Abia States by jingh(f): 8:19am On Jan 08, 2015
stebell:

I don't know when only one person represent SS,SE,SW,MB
since you don turn WE, Am sorry to tell you "WE" can only vote once.
and you can't vote in every region.
just seat down and see how buhari gives Jonathan body ripping lashes on his buttocks.

GMB will win with the widest margin ever seen.

GMB for President

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi: Fg Has Abandoned Crossriver and Abia States by njideoby(f): 8:24am On Jan 08, 2015
What is wrong with this Amaechi guy? Why is he taking panadol for another man's headache? When did Cross Riverians or the Abians complain to him or make him their spoke person. Mister man,please face your front. Leave matter for Mathias.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: Fg Has Abandoned Crossriver and Abia States by Alphaoscar: 8:25am On Jan 08, 2015
Jimi Agbaje Says Vote Jonathan or South South will make Nigeria Burn
Mr Agbaje said: "The Buhari of today is not the Buhari of 2007 or 2011 as he is operating on the steam of those who put him there for their own selfish purposes. We also have to appreciate the fact that the people in the south-south have the ability to shut the system down if their man is not elected.

"Remember that they have done it before. yes, it can happen in the north too but we have to ask ourselves which of the two scenarios we can survive best."
"Furthermore, Mr Agbaje warned that Niger Delta militants could shut the country's economy down if President Goodluck Jonathan was not returned to power next month. In February, Mr Agbaje will be running for Lagos State governor in the same elections during which President Jonathan will be up against General Muhammadu Buhari of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and the governorship candidate warned of the consequences of not returning President Goodluck to office.
Re: Amaechi: Fg Has Abandoned Crossriver and Abia States by Bigcake: 8:35am On Jan 08, 2015
Ameachi is very stewpid, he doesnt know that 60 percent of people living in Calabar are Akwa Ibomites... He spew the hate speech about Akwa Ibomite unknown to the eediot that he is standing before the said people of Akwa ibom to ask for their vote.... Gov. Imoke has done no project in the state to attract Presidential visit for even a day. Lets ask Ameachi to spell out the projects Gov. Imoke has done. I believe Imoke was bitten by tse-tse fly hence he's been sleeping always....
Re: Amaechi: Fg Has Abandoned Crossriver and Abia States by stebell(m): 8:36am On Jan 08, 2015
Abagworo:

Jonathan is likely losing in Imo, Rivers and Edo States. The most he can
garner in these 3 States even with a win is 55%.

My broda, GEJ cant lose Imo, Edo and most especially Rivers. are yu for real. dont be deceived by those govs o.
I jus hope come Feb., yu guys wont say it was rigged.

GEJ, 2011--2019

6 Likes

Re: Amaechi: Fg Has Abandoned Crossriver and Abia States by babadee1(m): 8:38am On Jan 08, 2015
stebell:

SW ke? You must be joking!
Re: Amaechi: Fg Has Abandoned Crossriver and Abia States by donphilopus: 8:39am On Jan 08, 2015
stebell:

He should stop wasting his time in the SS, accepted. Do you know what a 'win' means?! How does Jonathan intend to win the votes in SW?! Osun, that was delivered to ACN Candidate in 2011?! Or Ogun, the APC VP Candidate's State of Origin?! Or Oyo that would massively vote Buhari?! FYI, PDP is presently not existing in the State?! Lagos?! Lemme reserve my comment. Jonathan 'may' win Ekiti and Ondo and after all these, who wins in SW?! Do the Maths and tell us.

Also tell me how Jonathan intends to win the middle-belt?! How?! He was able to win in Kwara because of Saraki in 2011. How does he intend to win there now when he has used and dumped Belgore who would have helped him garner 'at most' 20% of the votes?! Nasarawa is a no-go area, Buhari surely has there. Niger has always been for Buhari. I know Buhari would not be able to win in Benue, but with the recent gale of defections there, he's sure of at least 40%. Kogi is just too close to call because they're tired of Jonathan. Only Plateau would give him 'at most' 70% of the votes. Now tell me who has the highest number of votes there?!

Stop giving yourself a false hope or encouraging yourself wrongly and face the reality on the ground. It's better for him to just withdraw now or risk being humiliated!

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi: Fg Has Abandoned Crossriver and Abia States by Ngwakwe: 8:39am On Jan 08, 2015
Abagworo:

Jonathan is likely losing in Imo, Rivers and Edo States. The most he can garner in these 3 States even with a win is 55%.

Unfortunately Imo citizens don't think like you

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: Fg Has Abandoned Crossriver and Abia States by SOUNDKING: 8:44am On Jan 08, 2015
Amechi should go nd rest. This mallam has tarnished your political future.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: Fg Has Abandoned Crossriver and Abia States by asha80(m): 8:45am On Jan 08, 2015
Abagworo:
Why? Is it because of Umana?
I mean roads linking akwa ibom to neighbouring states though akwa ibom sides have been done by aks govt but the bad sides of neighbouring states still affects movement to akwa ibom
Re: Amaechi: Fg Has Abandoned Crossriver and Abia States by SUBMARINE: 8:46am On Jan 08, 2015
IMO are fully behind GEJ

Those thinking otherwise are clowns

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi: Fg Has Abandoned Crossriver and Abia States by Abagworo(m): 8:47am On Jan 08, 2015
Bigcake:
Ameachi is very stewpid, he doesnt know that 60 percent of people living in Calabar are Akwa Ibomites... He spew the hate speech about Akwa Ibomite unknown to the eediot that he is standing before the said people of Akwa ibom to ask for their vote.... Gov. Imoke has done no project in the state to attract Presidential visit for even a day. Lets ask Ameachi to spell out the projects Gov. Imoke has done. I believe Imoke was bitten by tse-tse fly hence he's been sleeping always....

Crossriver was stripped of all oil wells and Donald Duke already borrowed with prospects of paying through oil proceeds. Today Crossriver is by far the most indebted State in the East and hence managing debts and running the State is making the Governor have less money for capital projects. The dreams of Donald Duke would have materialised by now if the FG made Calabar easily accessible by rehabilitating the roads that lead there.
Re: Amaechi: Fg Has Abandoned Crossriver and Abia States by Abagworo(m): 8:48am On Jan 08, 2015
asha80:
I mean roads linking akwa ibom to neighbouring states though akwa ibom sides have been done by aks govt but the bad sides of neighbouring states still affects movement to akwa ibom

Very true. Even the Akwa Ibom sides are equally bad. Forget the cover ups. Visit Itu.
Re: Amaechi: Fg Has Abandoned Crossriver and Abia States by Nobody: 8:51am On Jan 08, 2015
FG abandoned every part of the country. The Akwa Ibomites are very impoverished, no jobs created for them, most of their kits and kins are taking to house-helps and other inhumane jobs just to survive. The situation in Cross river state is more pathetic. Once upon a time the state was a state with potentials, today it is a mockery of its potentials. The people of the SS have no justification to thumb-print for PDP and Jonathan at all level. Jonathan must be rejected at the poll

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi: Fg Has Abandoned Crossriver and Abia States by omenka(m): 8:53am On Jan 08, 2015
No wonder Lyel Imoke was wearing that forlorn look during the inauguration of the PDP presidential campaign organisation. cry

Re: Amaechi: Fg Has Abandoned Crossriver and Abia States by Abagworo(m): 8:53am On Jan 08, 2015
stebell:

My broda, GEJ cant lose Imo, Edo and most especially Rivers. are yu for real. dont be deceived by those govs o.
I jus hope come Feb., yu guys wont say it was rigged.

GEJ, 2011--2019

Lol. I am seriously on ground in Rivers State and expect a shocker come 14th. People are deceiving PDP and planning to vote Buhari. As for Imo what happened to Ihedioha is a tip of the iceberg. Jonathan abandoned Imo because Okorocha is in opposition and now wants our vote. He can only get 55% at most with Buhari getting away with 45%.
Re: Amaechi: Fg Has Abandoned Crossriver and Abia States by Emperor007: 9:02am On Jan 08, 2015
Governorship election voting pattern wouldn't be same as the presidential, meaning that SS / SE / 60% of SW & MB is a win for GEJ.

Even Amechi's Rivers state would be won by GEJ with a very wide margin.

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi: Fg Has Abandoned Crossriver and Abia States by stebell(m): 9:02am On Jan 08, 2015
Abagworo:

Lol. I am seriously on ground in Rivers State and expect a shocker come
14th. People are deceiving PDP and planning to vote Buhari. As for Imo
what happened to Ihedioha is a tip of the iceberg. Jonathan abandoned
Imo because Okorocha is in opposition and now wants our vote. He can
only get 55% at most with Buhari getting away with 45%.

ya yu are on ground but as one who goes around the grassroot, i tell yu APC is in for a shocker.
Yu and I know that as tins stand in Imo, the odds if any favour GEJ.
Most of Rochas peeps hav left him and are with the party at the centre.
My guy, atimes like this, no one wants to be left out.
dont tell me the Fresh Air hasnt gotten to yu yet.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi: Fg Has Abandoned Crossriver and Abia States by Ngwakwe: 9:17am On Jan 08, 2015
Abagworo:

Lol. I am seriously on ground in Rivers State and expect a shocker come 14th. People are deceiving PDP and planning to vote Buhari. As for Imo what happened to Ihedioha is a tip of the iceberg. Jonathan abandoned Imo because Okorocha is in opposition and now wants our vote. He can only get 55% at most with Buhari getting away with 45%.

Are you in Imo State?

There is no APC Candidate campaigning for Buhari in Imo State including the Gov Okorocha to avoid a backlash.

They encourage the electorates to go for GEJ in presidential then for APC in others.

The only condition that would have favoured Buhari is had the presidential and guber elections been same day

Where then will Buhari get the boost. A conservative estimate for Buhari is 2% maximum

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi: Fg Has Abandoned Crossriver and Abia States by Nobody: 9:21am On Jan 08, 2015
stebell:

Amaechi is working for Goodluck, i will not insult him again. Tonye princewill said this and i was shocked but when i saw the points he presented, i sipped my Chandon and went swimming, APC, it is game over grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi: Fg Has Abandoned Crossriver and Abia States by mrvitalis(m): 9:51am On Jan 08, 2015
mensdept:
Amaechi, when last have you even slept in Port Harcourt? Up and down everywhere for the last 4 years like a chicken during Thanksgiving week.

You call 2 BILLION naira meager? What's Rivers state allocation every year? Is it not more? For the last 7+ years as governor did you turn Port Harcourt into Marseille or Miami?

What highways systems or medical centers did you build, or stadiums? $ 60 million would get the Sharks a great world class facility, and with some strategic marketing, they could be profitable. How about a medical center of 4 cardio, kidney, and general practice hospitals with world class equipment and a great management firm to ensure their profitability? After all, we hear Nigerians spent $2.5 Billion in medical tourism last year, and if a MEAGER $200 million could be made and retained in Rivers, I think that'll be good right?

Why the supreme court came from no where to install this man as governor is another story
bro plss i want u to point any sector of governance or any sector in which jonathan has out performed ameachi
Re: Amaechi: Fg Has Abandoned Crossriver and Abia States by nobilis: 10:06am On Jan 08, 2015
The only way GEJ will win this forthcoming elections is just by sentiments.
Coming to the use of common sense, GEJ will not even smell more than 1/4 of the electorate's votes.
But the fearful thing is that more than 70% of Nigerians lack common sense.

Nigeria is in a very big pot of boiling soup.
I pity her seriously.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: Fg Has Abandoned Crossriver and Abia States by chimerase2: 10:09am On Jan 08, 2015
looserfools
Re: Amaechi: Fg Has Abandoned Crossriver and Abia States by KingTom(m): 10:10am On Jan 08, 2015
chimerase2:
looserfools
You mean the FG?

(1) (2) (Reply)

VIDEO: Buhari Dances Shoki With His Daughter, Zahra After Winning / Another Massacre Currently Going On In Plateau . APC All The Way / South African Actress Goes Nude To Protest Xenophobic Attacks… [PHOTO]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.