Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,876 members, 7,806,521 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:48 PM

GEJ Gave His Best Speech Ever In Lagos Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Gave His Best Speech Ever In Lagos Today (6780 Views)

Okorocha At Asumpta Catholic, Gave His Life To Christ,Promises To Change His Way / GEJ Gave Away Rivers Oil Wells Because I Supported Buhari A Muslim - Ameachi / The Tragedy Of African Mentality By Pro. PLO Lumumba ( The Best Speech Ever) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ Gave His Best Speech Ever In Lagos Today by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jan 08, 2015
Who watched GEJ's campaign launch today...dude gave probably his best speech ever, he was clear,bold,factual and took Buhari and APC to the cleaners without mentioning names, a friend of mine who is an APC supporter was shocked at his audacity, He spoke like he really wants to win and clearly and audibly unlike Buhari whose words I can barely hear. I like this Goodluck Jonathan.........he has my vote
GEJ till 2019
PS- That crowd was the largest i've seen so far in this campaign season. The die is cast, the Eagle has landed

70 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ Gave His Best Speech Ever In Lagos Today by alienvirus: 3:59pm On Jan 08, 2015
Can you post it here. Though that will not make me vote for him tongue

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Gave His Best Speech Ever In Lagos Today by tollu: 4:02pm On Jan 08, 2015
Too little, too late. He should have hit the ground running since 2009 and nobody would be talking about Buhari today.
That's what makes it so painful for Nigerians, a lot of hope was in this guy and he got up there only to be on the side of the so called cabals and not Nigerians.

Might be a cliché but "action indeed speaks louder than words"

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: GEJ Gave His Best Speech Ever In Lagos Today by xrayz(m): 4:03pm On Jan 08, 2015
untill i read d speech.
Re: GEJ Gave His Best Speech Ever In Lagos Today by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jan 08, 2015
alienvirus:
Can you post it here. Though that will not make me vote for him tongue
I think Reno and Abati were tweeting live updates as he spoke, check their handles or Abati's website.
PS it's your democratic right to vote against him if you feel so and I won't begrudge you for that but as for me and my family it's GEJ till 2019

24 Likes

Re: GEJ Gave His Best Speech Ever In Lagos Today by nigerianvenom(m): 4:06pm On Jan 08, 2015
mehn!
its good to be educated.
GEJ is truly the man.his speeches were flawless.
he gave the best i've seen from any Nigerian politicians

23 Likes

Re: GEJ Gave His Best Speech Ever In Lagos Today by Ngwakwe: 4:07pm On Jan 08, 2015
He was just electrifying.

I was shocked and speechless

Highly Presidential

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: GEJ Gave His Best Speech Ever In Lagos Today by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jan 08, 2015
God bless President Goodluck Jonathan.

22 Likes

Re: GEJ Gave His Best Speech Ever In Lagos Today by kokoA(m): 4:14pm On Jan 08, 2015
To late to cry when the head is off.. GEJ spoke very well for the first time in his life but it is to late.. We gave him six years and he gave us hardship.. #SaiBuhari #FeBuhari

17 Likes

Re: GEJ Gave His Best Speech Ever In Lagos Today by BraveAfrican(m): 4:16pm On Jan 08, 2015
He was pretty objective with the speech...no one can just wave a magical wand & heal a country overnight. Change of the magnitude that people crave takes time. Both GEJ & GMB aren't both ideal in all sense of it but in a neutral light, I'm of the opinion that GEJ is a better of two evils. At least he's got a laid down path to lead Nigeria out of the maze of stagnation --- his government only faults in not communicating their activities enough to the electorate. They (government) have focused more on putting in place policies&structures needed to move the country forward rather than what an average Nigerian can truly see & appreciate but in reality those policies are more needed. I think GEJ shows way more promise compared to GMB....even though we all need&clamour for a change, it should at least be in the right direction.

44 Likes 9 Shares

Re: GEJ Gave His Best Speech Ever In Lagos Today by gideontowe: 4:24pm On Jan 08, 2015
GEJ - De-say!!!!!!!!!!! I don finished..............
My country people please ooooooooooo safe your President ooooooooooooooo.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Gave His Best Speech Ever In Lagos Today by adetboy: 4:26pm On Jan 08, 2015
For the first time, I agree with the op's assertion. GEJ was audaciously bold in that presentation!

Hw I wish he was this bold in the fight against insurgency and corruption!
But I hv a feeling that his second term(if he wins) will be brutish and and decisive against these two hydra-headed evils!

May d best man win!!

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: GEJ Gave His Best Speech Ever In Lagos Today by sammyyoung2(m): 4:30pm On Jan 08, 2015
I heard it.......but tired of hearing stuffs like dsi

Change is wat got America to where it is today

GMB come FeBuHaRi

1 Like

Re: GEJ Gave His Best Speech Ever In Lagos Today by Adminisher: 4:35pm On Jan 08, 2015
Jonathan spoke differently in a more passionately aggressive way but he has given material for a lot newspaper many articles and lots of campaigns topics to APC.
1. He concentrated on youths but many young people have died in employment queues after paying N 1000 tor jibs
and the minister is still on seat. 200 young girls are still missing as we speak.
3. He questioned the defence and security credentials of Buhari and he has just run into ambush. Buhari defeated
foreign invasions twice as ordinary brigade commander without waiting for instructions. He stamped out the sect called maitatsine.
4. Jonathan asked how many weapons Buhari bought for the armed forces and he will be replied to show what weapons have been procured so far with about N2 trillion naira defence expenditure and why it is not making a difference.
5. You Win and other youth empowerment picky started just about a year ago. The game t is not lost on anybody that they are mere election year programs.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: GEJ Gave His Best Speech Ever In Lagos Today by ZACHIE: 4:41pm On Jan 08, 2015
nigerianvenom:
mehn!
its good to be educated.
GEJ is truly the man.his speeches was flawless.

With grammar like this, it is no surprise that GEJ is the best you have ever seen and heard.
Brush up, man!

13 Likes

Re: GEJ Gave His Best Speech Ever In Lagos Today by Adminisher: 4:46pm On Jan 08, 2015
ZACHIE:

With grammar like this, it is no surprise that GEJ is the best you have ever seen and heard.
Brush up, man!

I am surprised about the quality of Nigeria and its dropping standards as well. There are very few orators around and Jonathan used to be the worst amongst our politicians but is now learning after six years in office.
I think he realises that losing this election is a distinct possibility and has decided to come out fighting for something for the first time of his life. The best orators were in the time of Shagari.
Re: GEJ Gave His Best Speech Ever In Lagos Today by LRNZH(m): 4:52pm On Jan 08, 2015
So it takes an impressive candidate like GMB for GEJ to give his best speech since February, 2010?

GMB 2015. Competence is our Watchword.

12 Likes

Re: GEJ Gave His Best Speech Ever In Lagos Today by Adminisher: 4:57pm On Jan 08, 2015
nigerianvenom:
mehn!
its good to be educated.
GEJ is truly the man.his speeches was flawless.

If this was a flawless and educated speech to you then I am worried for my country. GEJ spoke better than he has spoken in a long time but the quality is still poor. I think he was dumbing things down as he should in a campaign to the masses. However I am expecting a lot of flak and bullets on every point he raised. He was defensive to an extreme but he also gave back as well. This will not be a dull election.
GMB for President.
Nigeria FeBuahri

8 Likes

Re: GEJ Gave His Best Speech Ever In Lagos Today by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jan 08, 2015
SenseiX:
Who watched GEJ's campaign launch today...dude gave probably his best speech ever, he was clear,bold,factual and took Buhari and APC to the cleaners without mentioning names, a friend of mine who is an APC supporter was shocked at his audacity, He spoke like he really wants to win and clearly and audibly unlike Buhari whose words I can barely hear. I like this Goodluck Jonathan.........he has my vote
GEJ till 2019
PS- That crowd was the largest i've seen so far in this campaign season. The die is cast, the Eagle has landed

wots new about his promises. why did he not create d two million jobs while he has been dere for ages. we r just tired of lies. does he take Nigerians for a fool. Abati just hand him some campaign words photocopied from some texts and he was able to cram and spew it out. invite him for a debate and see him looking pale. Remember it just done on him to start planning on anti corruption. pack well jor

1 Like

Re: GEJ Gave His Best Speech Ever In Lagos Today by LRNZH(m): 5:20pm On Jan 08, 2015
GEJ's campaign sounds like an opposition candidate challenging the incumbent (GMB).

Is that an indication of who's more confident going into the elections?

grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: GEJ Gave His Best Speech Ever In Lagos Today by bondingman: 5:43pm On Jan 08, 2015
Pretty good speech by d president ,
Wish Nigeria Good Luck in February 2015

9 Likes

Re: GEJ Gave His Best Speech Ever In Lagos Today by kross01(m): 6:09pm On Jan 08, 2015
Adminisher:
Jonathan spoke differently in a more passionately aggressive way but he has given material for a lot newspaper many articles and lots of campaigns topics to APC.
1. He concentrated on youths but many young people have died in employment queues after paying N 1000 tor jibs
and the minister is still on seat. 200 young girls are still missing as we speak.
3. He questioned the defence and security credentials of Buhari and he has just run into ambush. Buhari defeated
foreign invasions twice as ordinary brigade commander without waiting for instructions. He stamped out the sect called maitatsine.
4. Jonathan asked how many weapons Buhari bought for the armed forces and he will be replied to show what weapons have been procured so far with about N2 trillion naira defence expenditure and why it is not making a difference.
5. You Win and other youth empowerment picky started just about a year ago. The game t is not lost on anybody that they are mere election year programs.
Kindly confirm your information before publication. YOU WIN started off in November 2011, thank you.

14 Likes

Re: GEJ Gave His Best Speech Ever In Lagos Today by Swizdoe(m): 6:09pm On Jan 08, 2015
If one didn't know better, one would have thought gej was contesting in a SUG election.
Is this what they called issue-based campaign.

5 Likes

Re: GEJ Gave His Best Speech Ever In Lagos Today by oduastates: 6:18pm On Jan 08, 2015
That speech is as dumb as they come.
He simply revealed that he is not up to the task.
His father was the absolutely corrupt Umaru Dikko

1 Like

Re: GEJ Gave His Best Speech Ever In Lagos Today by dominique(f): 6:24pm On Jan 08, 2015
So now we're to vote based on speech delivery? undecided

Did the speech include how our foreign reserves got depleted in just six years?

Did the speech include how insensitive and non-challant he has been about the senseless killings in the North East?

Did the speech include how he let corruption to dwell in almost every sector in the country?

And most importantly....

Did the speech include how to bring back the Chibok girls

10 Likes

Re: GEJ Gave His Best Speech Ever In Lagos Today by jmaine: 6:26pm On Jan 08, 2015
Adminisher:

Yesterday you said YOUWIN only had 300 beneficiaries and you were corrected, instead of doing your simple research about the laudable scheme, you are back here with another ignorant assertion . . .

Must you always criticize ? sad . . . .

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: GEJ Gave His Best Speech Ever In Lagos Today by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jan 08, 2015
SenseiX:
GEJ till 2019

Then spread the support below.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Gave His Best Speech Ever In Lagos Today by Pataki: 6:36pm On Jan 08, 2015
Sorry to say, but that was rather a very dumb, idiotic, crass and useless speech rendered.

''Some people say....'', ''them say.......'', ''I read in the newspapers.....'', blablabla jargons.

No mention about a single FG project implemented in Lagos for 6 years running now.

No mention about the Chibok girls........

Sounding angry over, 'them say, them say, they say'.........

Not one offer for a plan for Lagosians, not one plan for Nigeria.....

If you call that a good speech, you should be embarrassed about yourself most importantly!

10 Likes

Re: GEJ Gave His Best Speech Ever In Lagos Today by luvmijeje(f): 6:41pm On Jan 08, 2015
dude gave probably his best speech ever, he was clear,bold,factual and took Buhari and APC to the cleaners without mentioning names,

What!!!!!!!! He gave an hopeless and a demotivating speech. My president came out to tell us he's not ready to fight corruption...... He still refused to take responsibility for his failure..... And he still couldn't pinpoint tangible things he did with our billions of dollars in his first term and obviously last term.

Op, you obviously have low expectation.

7 Likes

Re: GEJ Gave His Best Speech Ever In Lagos Today by laimo(m): 6:43pm On Jan 08, 2015
That was not a speech.

It was the clueless cranky rambling snorts of a dour drunkard f00l.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Gave His Best Speech Ever In Lagos Today by olapluto(m): 6:43pm On Jan 08, 2015
Without knowing it, PDP have been forced to play the role of opposition. The president's speech was more of an opposition. GEJ had no issues to talk about rather than pick on people. He was even ready to tell many lies just to fill the hour.
BTW I think Akpabio campaigned for Buhari when he said : I no wan go jail oo...so vote Jonathan!

6 Likes

Re: GEJ Gave His Best Speech Ever In Lagos Today by huntamania(m): 6:52pm On Jan 08, 2015
Adminisher:
3. He questioned the defence and security credentials of Buhari and he
has just run into ambush. Buhari defeated
You win started 2011, Oga ade don't be malicious. Yahoo yahoo people

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Son Will Rather Die Than Stay Out Of Biafra's Struggle- Kanu's Father / I Am Now In Bourdillon Street, Dino Melaye Challenges Tinubu(Photos) / More Pictures Of Buhari's Visit To Kano Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.