Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,226 members, 7,807,760 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:34 PM

10 Things You’ld Love To Know About ‘don Jazzy’s’ Girl, Di’ja - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 10 Things You’ld Love To Know About ‘don Jazzy’s’ Girl, Di’ja (4090 Views)

Di’ja Is Back To The Studio After Welcoming Her First Child - Photos / Photo: Olamide And Di’ja Look Cool Together! What Do You Think? / 20 Things You Don’t Know About Don Jazzy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Things You’ld Love To Know About ‘don Jazzy’s’ Girl, Di’ja by danduchi(m): 7:10pm On Jan 08, 2015
Little or nothing was known about Mavin Records’s Di’ja until the hit song “Dorobucci” which came out in 2014. Di’ja has however become a force to be reckoned with in the Nigerian music industry as her style of music and dress sense is unconventional. Unlike the regular Barbie doll looks, Di’ja is kind of a tomboy/ Gothic chic as she opts for dark makeup and not so figure flattering outfits.
Here are 10 things you do not know about the DoroPrincess:
- Her real name is Hadiza Salma Blell, and she was born on
the 14th of August.
- Her name Di’ja is a combination of Hadiza and Khadijah.
- She is of mixed race ( Nigerian and Sierra Leonian), her
mother is from Northern Nigeria, Zaria in Kaduna while her
father who was a deputy minister in Sierra Leone is half
Sierra Leone/ half Lebanese which makes her a multi -
linguist because she speaks Hausa and Krio (a Sierra
Leonian tongue) fluently.
- She is a graduate with a double degree in Biology and
Psychology.
- She started her music career in 2008 and her first single
titled ‘Rock Steady’ got her nominated for the best Urban/
R&B Single at 2009 Canadian Radio Music Awards. She also
won the 2008 Best New Artiste award at the Best Awards.
- She signed a record deal with Don Jazzy in 2013 but it was
publicized in 2014. Her first single under Mavin Records
titled ‘Yaro” was released on Valentine’s Day 2014 and it was
produced by Don Jazzy himself.
- She is multi-talented judging from her varied interests in
song writing, recording, fashion designing and visual arts.
- She has lived in Nigeria, Sierra Leone, the United States
and Canada.
- She is a fan of Bob Marley, Lauren Hill, The Everly
Brothers, Tracy Chapman not just because of their music but the quirkness they all have as well as their love for humanity outside of the music.
- She is a serious foodie, in fact eating is her hobby.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Things You’ld Love To Know About ‘don Jazzy’s’ Girl, Di’ja by PANDOGARI: 7:15pm On Jan 08, 2015
Eating is hobby yet, she looks like my grandpa chewing stick.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Things You’ld Love To Know About ‘don Jazzy’s’ Girl, Di’ja by Xsenga(f): 7:19pm On Jan 08, 2015
OK.
Re: 10 Things You’ld Love To Know About ‘don Jazzy’s’ Girl, Di’ja by StarFist(m): 7:27pm On Jan 08, 2015
Ok
Re: 10 Things You’ld Love To Know About ‘don Jazzy’s’ Girl, Di’ja by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jan 08, 2015
And here I am, expecting to read something deep and interesting about her. And did you say eating is her hobby? Wow!!

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You’ld Love To Know About ‘don Jazzy’s’ Girl, Di’ja by kestolove95(m): 8:21pm On Jan 08, 2015
She no fine
Re: 10 Things You’ld Love To Know About ‘don Jazzy’s’ Girl, Di’ja by freezyprinzy(m): 8:25pm On Jan 08, 2015
PANDOGARI:
lwkmd yea she is so dry lyk say dem pour otapiya piya on top her
Re: 10 Things You’ld Love To Know About ‘don Jazzy’s’ Girl, Di’ja by MrTeymee(m): 8:51pm On Jan 08, 2015
Di'ja........strikes me as d least talented among d trio tho
Re: 10 Things You’ld Love To Know About ‘don Jazzy’s’ Girl, Di’ja by Ayo081(m): 9:23pm On Jan 08, 2015
she has gain fat in recent vid.
Re: 10 Things You’ld Love To Know About ‘don Jazzy’s’ Girl, Di’ja by winningbt: 9:54pm On Jan 08, 2015
I just like this bae#no homo
Re: 10 Things You’ld Love To Know About ‘don Jazzy’s’ Girl, Di’ja by lilbazy(m): 10:29pm On Jan 08, 2015
So o,a 72yr old grandpa. Someone who doesn't even know how to tweet,does not have a certificate,can't speak good oral english...how on earth does he think he can rule our father's in the 80's and still wants to rule us,aren't we the leaders of tommorow our parents and teachers have been telling us? those two hausa girls(berem and ngeneukwenu)who won't go and thank their stars that they weren't given off as child bride,they keep posting rubbish here...The thunder that will fire those saying saying buhari is still in champions league semi_finals.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You’ld Love To Know About ‘don Jazzy’s’ Girl, Di’ja by iamrealdeji(m): 11:58pm On Jan 08, 2015
The girl is so gorgeous,she has this unique look I love
Re: 10 Things You’ld Love To Know About ‘don Jazzy’s’ Girl, Di’ja by iamrealdeji(m): 12:00am On Jan 09, 2015
lilbazy:
So o,a 72yr old grandpa. Someone who doesn't even know how to tweet,does not have a certificate,can't speak good oral english...how on earth does he think he can rule our father's in the 80's and still wants to rule us,aren't we the leaders of tommorow our parents and teachers have been telling us? those two hausa girls(berem and ngeneukwenu)who won't go and thank their stars that they weren't given off as child bride,they keep posting rubbish here...The thunder that will fire those saying saying buhari is still in champions league semi_finals.
What concerns Di'ja with Buhari? Seems you were seeing Buhari in your nightmares and woke up to any topic in nairaland

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You’ld Love To Know About ‘don Jazzy’s’ Girl, Di’ja by denedene(m): 12:18am On Jan 09, 2015
di'ja is that u?
Re: 10 Things You’ld Love To Know About ‘don Jazzy’s’ Girl, Di’ja by Isiterere(m): 12:41am On Jan 09, 2015
....she became my crush the moment I watched her new video "awww". talent abound in this nation...

ALL IZZ WELL
Re: 10 Things You’ld Love To Know About ‘don Jazzy’s’ Girl, Di’ja by rattlesnake(m): 1:40am On Jan 09, 2015
-she's undergoing mind therapy
Re: 10 Things You’ld Love To Know About ‘don Jazzy’s’ Girl, Di’ja by Nobody: 3:48am On Jan 09, 2015
lilbazy:
what are u saying
Re: 10 Things You’ld Love To Know About ‘don Jazzy’s’ Girl, Di’ja by IamOpemipo(m): 6:17am On Jan 09, 2015
Eatin ya hobby? And u look skinny, all bones, no bobby, no yansh..mayb she's down wt some metabolic disorder..
Re: 10 Things You’ld Love To Know About ‘don Jazzy’s’ Girl, Di’ja by Vince77(m): 6:43am On Jan 09, 2015
PANDOGARI:

She doesnt look dry.... she looks fresh...
Re: 10 Things You’ld Love To Know About ‘don Jazzy’s’ Girl, Di’ja by Nobody: 8:14am On Jan 09, 2015
KhaDi'ja jikan Ciroma!
Wallahi, Morell dan iska ne.

And, I love that Yaro track. Beat was magnifico.
Re: 10 Things You’ld Love To Know About ‘don Jazzy’s’ Girl, Di’ja by lilbazy(m): 11:19am On Jan 09, 2015
Ipledge:
what are u saying
switch on ur brain and understand what am saying

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You’ld Love To Know About ‘don Jazzy’s’ Girl, Di’ja by iceadonis20(f): 2:40pm On May 01, 2016
To even know more about musicians in Nigeria you can visit www.exclusives.com.ng you will enjoy the best of news there

(1) (Reply)

Do Y'all Remember That Lady From Jim Iyke's Leaked s*x Video?She's All Beautiful / Meet Prof. Smaranda Olarinde.. Daddy Freeze Mum / "I Am Not In A Relationship With Mr Macaroni" - Skitmaker Motunde

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.