Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,713 members, 7,805,943 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:52 AM

Is This Always True Abt The Binis?? - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Is This Always True Abt The Binis?? (6548 Views)

New Oba Of Benin Hysteria: Time To Bring Deluded Binis Back To Reality / The Great Benin Kingdom (historical Analogy Of The Binis) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This Always True Abt The Binis?? by monalicious(f): 8:54am On Jan 10, 2015
SuperMartins:
thankx for ur maturity and ur calmness and style in making me see reasons why my points aint so valid..i appreciate ur maturity,Ms..bless u
U welcome.

1 Like

Re: Is This Always True Abt The Binis?? by Nobody: 10:36am On Jan 10, 2015
Metcoppo:
;DCalm down....!
You are forgiven #lolzzz

hmmm..lol
Re: Is This Always True Abt The Binis?? by Nobody: 10:41am On Jan 10, 2015
SuperMartins:
hmmm..lol

Why
Re: Is This Always True Abt The Binis?? by Nobody: 10:44am On Jan 10, 2015
brito:

Why
whats that pls?
Good Mornin too yu
Re: Is This Always True Abt The Binis?? by Nobody: 10:46am On Jan 10, 2015
SuperMartins:
whats that pls?
Good Mornin too yu

morning , I was the one
Re: Is This Always True Abt The Binis?? by Nobody: 10:50am On Jan 10, 2015
brito:

morning , I was the one
I realised

1 Like

Re: Is This Always True Abt The Binis?? by Nobody: 11:21am On Jan 10, 2015
Re: Is This Always True Abt The Binis?? by prissyluv(f): 12:43pm On Feb 01, 2015
Supermartins,Elantraceey,Monalicious,Ireneony and others pls help me with this.
Is it bini or Edo state culture that once a woman who married outside her tribe dies she will be brought back to her father's house to be buried.
Re: Is This Always True Abt The Binis?? by elantraceey(f): 12:45pm On Feb 01, 2015
prissyluv:
Is it bini or Edo state culture that once a woman who married outside her tribe dies she will be brought back to her father's house to be buried.

I've never heard of this
Re: Is This Always True Abt The Binis?? by prissyluv(f): 1:06pm On Feb 01, 2015
elantraceey:

I've never heard of this
It means also that you ve never seen too,right? Were you brought up in Edo?
Re: Is This Always True Abt The Binis?? by elantraceey(f): 1:08pm On Feb 01, 2015
prissyluv:

It means also that you ve never seen too,right? Were you brought up in Edo?

Yes i was
Re: Is This Always True Abt The Binis?? by prissyluv(f): 1:15pm On Feb 01, 2015
elantraceey:

Yes i was
Ok. Thanks.
Re: Is This Always True Abt The Binis?? by monalicious(f): 10:40am On Feb 02, 2015
prissyluv:
Its not found amongst d binis.i know esan people do it,and some other part of edo state,like the usen people, binis dont do it.a bini woman is buried in her husband's house.
Re: Is This Always True Abt The Binis?? by ireneony(f): 10:43am On Feb 02, 2015
prissyluv:
is esan culture in edo state that does it
Re: Is This Always True Abt The Binis?? by monalicious(f): 11:46am On Feb 02, 2015
ireneony:
Yes,esan is in edo state.esan as in ishan.
Re: Is This Always True Abt The Binis?? by ireneony(f): 11:49am On Feb 02, 2015
monalicious:

Yes,esan is in edo state.esan as in ishan.
yep
Re: Is This Always True Abt The Binis?? by prissyluv(f): 6:26pm On Feb 02, 2015
ireneony:
monalicious:

Its not found amongst d binis.i know esan people do it,and some other part of edo state,like the usen people, binis dont do it.a bini woman is buried in her husband's house.
Thanks sweethearts. I really do appreciate this.
Re: Is This Always True Abt The Binis?? by tpiaobsession: 8:18pm On Feb 02, 2015
weird thread.

from demise of the husband to demise of the wife, folks do realize it will be considered creepy, right?

lord have mercy.
Re: Is This Always True Abt The Binis?? by EzeIgboNwaChukwu(m): 3:27am On Aug 21, 2019
monalicious:
i haven't noticed the part where d men die an the women inherit thier properties,maybe its d area.bt i hv heard that there are more land ladies.i am benin and proud to be too, and i think i have an opinion why there are more land ladies.most edo men like to run away from their responsibilities, especially when it comes to taking care of their children, benin women (atleast in d part where i come from), struggle to take care of their children and when these kids grow up n become successful, its only natural that they take care of their mothers more. In actual fact, d men are not dead, just that the children focus more on their mothers and make them land ladies.i just hope my write up isn't confusing.
very true. God bless you for this.
do u know I just noticed this.
I was admitted in uniben many years ago and I dated this Bini girl in school and she told me her dad divorced her mum and refused taking up responsibility of paying her fees leaving the poor woman to start hustling to take care of the children.
the girl later graduated, got a job and built a house for her mother...
you're so right.

1 Like

Re: Is This Always True Abt The Binis?? by gregyboy(m): 1:06am On Aug 24, 2019
O.p ...dont be silly the benin men are spiritually stronger than the women for any of such thing to happen....what hapoens in benin is not spritual but logical..

The benin women tend to outnumber the bini men by population ...my grandad had two wives he happened to live with the last wives before he died ..he also happened to have died at a very young age 45 mind you this man was spiritually powerfull that any witch that step to is compound get stuck....so little wonder how would a women kill him...

Also never forget benin invasion with the British reduced the pop if bini men drastically ,over migrarion by the men too and cultism which leads benin men to die early....

As a binin man have not heard a Bini woman confess that he killed her husband

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Challenge To All Northerners: Educate Your People / Why Do Nigerians Lie And Say They Are From Another Country In Africa? / South African Ladies Show Off Their Boobs&Curves To Celebrate Heritage Day(18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.