Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,329 members, 7,808,104 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:18 AM

My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall (40123 Views)

Funny PHCN Photos (share Your Experience With Them) / My Near Death Experience With The Nigerian Police - DIARY Of A Jobless Youth / The Story Of OYENUSI, THE Notorious Nigerian Arm Robber [pics] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by jahlove4jah: 8:49pm On Jan 09, 2015
iamphilips:
guy if u were there, u would have been a victim. I guess he used juju.
it could have happened to anyone. We don't have a working institution in Nigeria
Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by xtervaganza(m): 8:50pm On Jan 09, 2015
The 3rd time it has happen in that same branch

The guy is an insider jare

1 Like

Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by Nikapetrelli(f): 8:51pm On Jan 09, 2015
Omo mehn,dis robbery no be here o

1 Like

Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by tonardo(m): 8:55pm On Jan 09, 2015
Didn't he count it?
If he did.
How long does it take to count 650k?
I will blame the bank for that robbery..
Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by walexGodson(m): 8:56pm On Jan 09, 2015
Anything can happen but which door did he pass when going out?front or back door?if it's back then bank insider is involve
Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by chiomzys(f): 9:00pm On Jan 09, 2015
the story isnt correctly told, dat is my branch and i hve a frnd there, i jst spoke to him on d matter b4 i started writing. it happend to only one lady and amount 200k+. so pls confirm b4 condeming DIAMOND bank.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jan 09, 2015
iamphilips:
i suspect jazz o, because no1 raised alarm until 5mins after he left.

Naija & dr jazz mentality...dats why ppl will fall prey to this scam again cos dem no wan use dr brain, always quick & lazy to blame everything on jazz instead of learning

from dr mistakes...Nigerians wake up oh, na only una still dey sleep for Africa
Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by Walphem(m): 9:15pm On Jan 09, 2015
I use this particular branch like steadily..but sincerely Diamond bank staffs or system are very slow. And what's the work of the security guys ? Collect Roger?
Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jan 09, 2015
mytime24:
very questionable, hw cme dey watch him leave d bankin hall or did he used d exist meant for their staff @d back of d hall
But seriously when the guy was making such announcement it would av caught the attention of many and even the tellers, unless the queue was very long and he went str8 to those at the back and collected the monies from them. If that was so, its possible for them to look back and c if hez gona leave through the main exit, or he went in through the counter and exited through the back door. Something is fishy, someone in the bank knows bout the scam.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by Ghost01(m): 9:16pm On Jan 09, 2015
A serious bank will do something about the issue. Like contacting and pressuring the police to find the culprit and releasing to them copies of the CCTV recording, for example.

It's time Naija banks awoke to their responsibilities. It doesn't end with collecting and dishing out money.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by ussv: 9:19pm On Jan 09, 2015
Nigerians are very crafty

1 Like

Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by poshswanky(f): 9:21pm On Jan 09, 2015
Na true talk ooo! Happened to one of my husbands friend. 500K.
Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by Truckpusher(m): 9:21pm On Jan 09, 2015
Lazy peeps easily get conned by these smart criminals.
Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by nebukadnezzari(m): 9:25pm On Jan 09, 2015
BELIEVE ME THIS SCAM CAN HAPPEN TO ANYBODY AND ANY ONE CAN ALSO PULL THE HEIST. Now the details...
In order to perform this scam successfully you need to be mentally active and make sure the below conditions are in your favour.
1. A SMALL BANKING HALL. why i picked out a small bank hall its cos most pple are clausterphobic but they dont know another reason is that small banking halls can easily fill up. Thereby making the security officials think that they have their eyes on everyone, afterall "THE BANK IS SMALL". BIG babking halls can also be used.

2.) Impatient depositors: they are the mark, you can pick them out by their frequent sighs and frustration on their faces + d ones who complain.

3.) Tired depositors: when mixed with the impatient ones a fruitful environment is created for the grifter to carry out his plan.

4.)TIME OF THE DAY: this is the most important factor to be considered in a bank heist. An experienced con man never pulls a successful heist when everyone around him is active. Choose a time when most staff are subconsciously telling themselves they are tired. You will notice this when it takes long for them to pay an individual, they would rather leave their cubicle and go do something less important.etc

5.) AN ESCAPE ROUTE: HAVE you ever noticed that in every babk there is another door apart from the main entrance used to sneak important customers in after 4:30pm. That is a grifters escape route. Even if a security guard is around all you need to do is lift his name from the i.d tag he shows to the world and say " oboy, femi oga manager dey call you" or you can tell him a cashier needs his attention. He obeys comes in( he wont question you, they are all mugus) and you ball with your loot.

FINALLY THE SECRET INGREDIENT IS A WELL DRESSED "NO BEARD" CON MAN WITH AN I.D CARD HOLDER HUNG ON HIS NECK THATS D SAME COLOUR WITH THE ONE THE BANKERS USE.

PLS ITS NOT JAZZ

NOTE: THIS IS AN OLD TRICK IN THE SCAM BOOK .... PS I STUDIED SCAM AFTER I WAS SCAMMED SO I CAN NEVER BE SCAMMED AGAIN...I AM NO CONMAN

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by nebukadnezzari(m): 9:34pm On Jan 09, 2015
chiomzys:
the story isnt correctly told, dat is my branch and i hve a frnd there, i jst spoke to him on d matter b4 i started writing. it happend to only one lady and amount 200k+. so pls confirm b4 condeming DIAMOND bank.

SEE THE KAIN PPLE NIGERIANS DEY EMPLOY FOR BANK...LOW MINDED CREATURES. NO ONE IS CONDEMING DIAMOND BANK. THEY JUST DONT UNDERSTAND THAT A HEIST CAN OCCUR ANYWHERE PROVIDED THE CONDITIONS ARE RIGHT. THEY ARE SIMPLY WARNING PPLE TO BE CAREFUL....DAMN!!!

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by BodyKiss(m): 9:36pm On Jan 09, 2015
iamphilips:
guy if u were there, u would have been a victim. I guess he used juju.

Must everything be linked to juju?
Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by fisaylab: 9:47pm On Jan 09, 2015
iamphilips:
Hello nairalanders, good day. Came here to share my experience today being 8/1/15.

I have this neighbour who sells foodstuffs. She travelled for new year so she instructed her relation who sells for her to pay in the money(about 130k) she made since monday into her Diamond bank account...

I was in the banking hall- Diamond Bank warehouse branch, Apapa- when she walked in with the money in her bag. When filling her teller, someone asked her if she was paying in and she said yes. She later joined the long queue.

After thirty seconds, a young man dressed in corporate suit (pretending to be a cashier) came close to her and asked for people who are paying above 100k. About five people stepped out and followed him a few meters away.

He collected their money and teller and asked them to wait on the line so he can go in and stamp their teller.....

Like play like play, the man left. They were waiting not knowing that he had left the banking hall with their over 650,000 naira.

It was later that they reported, the bank manager even came down.......he checked the cctv footage and behold, the gentle man in suit was neither a cashier nor a worker in the bank.

Just like that, he stole over 650k. The security guard said it was the third time it was happening in that branch...my fellow nairalanders, BEWARE!!!

Need ya'll contribution and thoughts on this. Pls our Mods should share this story so as to avoid others falling victims. Thanks.

Hmmm,i smell rat,they should arrest all their security,this is not a one man show even some of the tellering.chai

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by donodion(m): 9:59pm On Jan 09, 2015
iamphilips:
Hello nairalanders, good day. Came here to share my experience today being 8/1/15.

I have this neighbour who sells foodstuffs. She travelled for new year so she instructed her relation who sells for her to pay in the money(about 130k) she made since monday into her Diamond bank account...

I was in the banking hall- Diamond Bank warehouse branch, Apapa- when she walked in with the money in her bag. When filling her teller, someone asked her if she was paying in and she said yes. She later joined the long queue.

After thirty seconds, a young man dressed in corporate suit (pretending to be a cashier) came close to her and asked for people who are paying above 100k. About five people stepped out and followed him a few meters away.

He collected their money and teller and asked them to wait on the line so he can go in and stamp their teller.....

Like play like play, the man left. They were waiting not knowing that he had left the banking hall with their over 650,000 naira.

It was later that they reported, the bank manager even came down.......he checked the cctv footage and behold, the gentle man in suit was neither a cashier nor a worker in the bank.

Just like that, he stole over 650k. The security guard said it was the third time it was happening in that branch...my fellow nairalanders, BEWARE!!!

Need ya'll contribution and thoughts on this. Pls our Mods should share this story so as to avoid others falling victims. Thanks.
the thief is known by bank staffs and securities men.They were too casual and unattentive and he cashed on it.
Thats all.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by thirdeye(m): 10:18pm On Jan 09, 2015
This is pure insider work.
Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by Sammyblaq(m): 10:19pm On Jan 09, 2015
iamphilips:
i don reason the game...is not easy without jazz
Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by Sammyblaq(m): 10:19pm On Jan 09, 2015
iamphilips:
i don reason the game...it wont be easy without jazz

1 Like

Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by Sammyblaq(m): 10:21pm On Jan 09, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

Nope.
The bank doesn't have to have a hand in it.
work pressure; when a banker/teller is under work pressure...they wouldn't even see their mother standing in front of them, let alone who talked to who.

You are not supposed to give anyone, other than the teller your money, they keep singing this to Nigerians but their jumping queue syndrome - wouldn't let them reason well.

The security men on their part are not omnipresence( It could have been an oversight; their not seeing the fraudster)) or probably they lack good internal control....

When a fraud triangle is complete, it happens so fast...leaving people wondering and playing cop grin
yes u're right...likely the jazz affected them too

1 Like

Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by Sammyblaq(m): 10:23pm On Jan 09, 2015
MissSlimbody:
...could be.
na jazz...how en carry telepot without been noticed. Naija bad gan
Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by ifoundmyperfect: 10:53pm On Jan 09, 2015
Warri tactics
Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by carik(m): 10:57pm On Jan 09, 2015
Call it sweet robbery

*Funny*

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by greggng: 11:03pm On Jan 09, 2015
Story for the gods. In every banking hall, there re security men watching over people their. They make sure you re dealing with the right staff. If what you said is truth, then the bank manager must be arrest cos an insider must be involved.
Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by teemy(m): 11:06pm On Jan 09, 2015
iamphilips could you please confirm if his calling out to the depositors was in low tones or not. if it was loud enough and it had happened before twice then the bank staff being aware must have been culpable in the crime
Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by MadCow1: 11:10pm On Jan 09, 2015
He is not a robber but a Con artist.

Brilliant one

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jan 09, 2015
JUJU....a word we often use when we don't understand a phenomenon!

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by KLand(m): 11:18pm On Jan 09, 2015
iamphilips:

People need to be careful. Not everyone you see in a banking hall is a genuine customer. Some are there with ulterior motives.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by olumyde5(m): 11:20pm On Jan 09, 2015
shocked shocked shocked Wao

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Broke Your Trust With Friends? Share Your Experience / 2 Brothers Came Out Without Any Injury After This Ghastly Accident In Abuja.PICS / Tribute To Firstking01 A Nairalander ( Gone So Soon)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.