Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,135 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:48 AM

My Village Masquarade - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / My Village Masquarade (30312 Views)

Big Python Saved In My Village(pics) / Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) / Sacrilege In My Village Where Man Lure His Brother And Wife For Cleansing....... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Village Masquarade by Nobody: 10:32am On Jan 11, 2015
Hawlahscho:

I hear.

But why you not using the ugo abi what did u call it, why not using that as nairaland username? grin grin
masquarade are not human beings(so as it seems) and the name well I prefer my moniker
Re: My Village Masquarade by nosike3(m): 12:02pm On Jan 11, 2015
edozie04:
By inheritance the ugo should be me, but am still no 13 in line
For some reasons unknown to me I cannot modify post, moderators eehhh......
big m oron!! Are masquerades supposed to be human?? Edozie!!! Why!! Why!!!! Why can't we choose our brothers?? Why you just dey disgrace me??
Re: My Village Masquarade by NRIPRIEST(m): 5:34am On Jan 12, 2015
MARKone:

The potency of these things have gradually died off or withered down, thanks to Christianity. I know a festival in Atani, Anambra state, the masquerade that heralds the festival comes out once in a year, and by 12 am in the Night, no body except those that accompanies it have ever seen it, and all lights must be off when it passes, it passes with a quezing sound. To answer your question, I have been shown a man it crippled, because he allegedly went in front of it instead of being behind. The myths and legends surrounding some of these things are great. But like I said, a lot of people who are into it has embraced Christianity.

I think you are talking about Ayaka...It used to be common in Idenmili and this fear surrounding it.
Re: My Village Masquarade by giles14(m): 10:37am On Dec 04, 2017
Atmmachine:
The name of the guy in that masquerade is Angos Nnadi from Akanmili Umudim, Nnewi
that's ajofia frm inyaba in umudim nnewi.

are you from nnewi
Re: My Village Masquarade by giles14(m): 10:40am On Dec 04, 2017
geagle55:
Ajofia nnewi
pls are you from nnewi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fire Guts Part Of Ooni’s Palace / Roles And Types Of Igbo Traditional Dances - By Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu / Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Sultan Of Sokoto (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.