Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,761 members, 7,798,548 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:34 AM

Matthew Ajibade Dies In US Police Custody (Photo) - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Matthew Ajibade Dies In US Police Custody (Photo) (35356 Views)

Cameroonian General, Jacob Kodji Dies In Helicopter Crash / New Protest In London Over US Police Brutality against African Americans / US: Police officers Charged After Killing A White Homeless Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Matthew Ajibade Dies In US Police Custody (Photo) by thrizzle(m): 10:14am On Jan 09, 2015
sunnydayasaba:

I read the post before commenting men....Am sure u really dnt understand what am trying to say....So read my comment and try to see what am trying to say. U need to understand that sometimes we African can't use certain strong drugs like the white people because of the negative side effects.

Body system defers man...Bcus it works for Mr A those it mean it will work for Mr B......I think that same reason the officers wouldn't easy confirm he was having a strong negative effect on d drugs he took. Some Bipolar Patient might not react same extreme violent way he reacted.
Chai oga you are retardedd no offense you obviously didn't understand the op's post, it's people like you that fail exams, the guy in question was taking those drugs previously the fact that he had a mental episode is based on him '' NOT'' taking his meds . If you don't understand something just don't post. You just made yourself look stupidd
Re: Matthew Ajibade Dies In US Police Custody (Photo) by thrizzle(m): 10:21am On Jan 09, 2015
onadana:
[color=#006600][/color]

The good thing about Nigeria is that...no sane Nigerian will become combative with a Nigerian cop. cool
But the guy in question wasn't sane at the time.. If you have nothing reasonable to say just don't comment, I don't understand why that's hard for certain nairalanders to do.
Re: Matthew Ajibade Dies In US Police Custody (Photo) by donmalcolm21(m): 10:30am On Jan 09, 2015
ireneony:
They are going to dust this story the way they did to mike brown....
Racist white Americans undecided
May God help the black race cry
sometimes look at the facts of the case before passing judgement.
Re: Matthew Ajibade Dies In US Police Custody (Photo) by IamforGod: 10:53am On Jan 09, 2015
PerfumeRepublik:

If he was about to be booked by cops in Nigeria and he became combative ; what do you think would have happened to him ?
RIP YoungBlood
if he was in naija am sure he wouldn't even have a mental problem cause I dnt know what thay eat over there that gives some of them mental probs.. I av a friend that went to Yankee for about 10 yrs and when he got back he has serious mental issues. God help us all.

1 Like

Re: Matthew Ajibade Dies In US Police Custody (Photo) by Speakdatruth: 11:06am On Jan 09, 2015
after dem squeez life comot frm d guy, dem con dey tell us medical lies. even persin wey no break sherrif nose dey die 4 jail as long as he iz black. bloody racist
Re: Matthew Ajibade Dies In US Police Custody (Photo) by Boriqua(m): 11:08am On Jan 09, 2015
musb92yahooco:
As the presidential Election approaches remember these factors:
1. The Chibok Girls.
2. NNPC Scam.
3. Police pension fund.
4. Missing $20Billion.
5. $9million Arms deal.
6. Bomb Blasts.
7. Immigration job scam.
8. Petroleum pump price.
9. Dwindling external reserves
10. Oil theft.
11. Incessant Power outage.
12.ASUU & poly Strike.
13. Doctors' Strike.
14. National Assembly tragedy.
15. Stella's Oduah Aviation Scam
16. Kerosene subsidy
17. Near-empty Excess Crude Account

They Didn't Raise 21Billion for Ebola;
They Didn't Raise 21Billion for dilapidated hospitals;
They didn't raise 21Billion for Military Weapons against Boko Haram
They Didn't raise 21Billion for children dying of Vaccine preventable disease
They didn't raise 21Billion for the homeless>:O BUT they all gathered to raise 21Billion for another 4Years of INEPTITUDE. IMPUNITY, MEDIOCRITY AND BAD GOVERNANCE.
~:-) NO WAY!!! NO MORE!!!

Is this the subject matter? Instead of to sympathise with our dead brother's family.
Re: Matthew Ajibade Dies In US Police Custody (Photo) by delishpot: 11:49am On Jan 09, 2015
ireneony:
They are going to dust this story the way they did to mike brown....
Racist white Americans undecided
May God help the black race cry

If this was Nigeria and he broke an officers nose, what will happen?
I just want to know how he died sha before I conclude. For all we kniw, he may have had a heart attack.
Re: Matthew Ajibade Dies In US Police Custody (Photo) by Mamacita007(f): 11:52am On Jan 09, 2015
My condolence to his family. When a patient has bipolar disorder its not something to be played with as they need proper 24/7 care and watch. Its either he should have been in naija or with family members watching him. And again this story get as e be becos the police suppose to call EMS since he has a disability. Yes bipolar disorder is a disability that comes with memory loss too. Its so unfortunate

1 Like

Re: Matthew Ajibade Dies In US Police Custody (Photo) by BlackLeopard(m): 11:54am On Jan 09, 2015
May he rest in power, this be so much loss of life for somethin that coulda be prevented
Re: Matthew Ajibade Dies In US Police Custody (Photo) by BlackLeopard(m): 11:56am On Jan 09, 2015
delishpot:

If this was Nigeria and he broke an officers nose, what will happen?
I just want to know how he died sha before I conclude. For all we kniw, he may have had a heart attack.

How's it fricking matter how he died?
He's *dead*.
Quit being all disrespectful to a dead ill young man, you're not entitled to these details, have some decency.
Re: Matthew Ajibade Dies In US Police Custody (Photo) by BlackLeopard(m): 11:58am On Jan 09, 2015
iluvpomo:
Help your self with your state of blissful ignorance.
Michael Brown was a common street thug and thief who attached a police officer.
Read the details of Mr Matthew Ajibade for your self in the OPs post

He was no thug you uneducated git, read up and you'll see it.

Self hatin Blacks and Blacks hating on our youth are such a plague, sigh.
Re: Matthew Ajibade Dies In US Police Custody (Photo) by delishpot: 12:01pm On Jan 09, 2015
BlackLeopard:

He's *dead*.
Quit being all disrespectful to a dead ill young man, you're not entitled to these details, have some decency.

What kind of people are we breeding in naija? Why is ignorance so welcome in naija) A young man died and you say we shouldnt care about how he died? How insane are you?
You are disrespectful to yourself and Nigeria as a whole. This ignorant comment will make people wonder if all Nigerian youths behave this way. I hope you are not abroad sha, you will bring too much shame to our people.

You obviously dont know beyound your mothers kitchen.

2 Likes

Re: Matthew Ajibade Dies In US Police Custody (Photo) by BlackLeopard(m): 12:05pm On Jan 09, 2015
delishpot:

What kind of people are we breeding in naija? Why is ignorance so welcome in naija? A young man died and you say we shouldnt care about how he died? How insane are you?
You are disrespectful to yourself and Nigeria as a whole. This ignorant comment will make people wonder if all Nigerian youths behave this way. I hope you are not abroad sha, you will bring too much shame to our people.

You obviously dont know beyound your mothers kitchen.

Nahh bro, what I'm saying is that these details don't change there's a lost life that should be respected and issue that should be prevented with other younglings; that what he died of doesn't *devalue* his death. May be jus my experience talking to people about this, too often these discussions land straight in 'oh he didn't die of X problem as claimed and it's soomehow his fault / the whole story is fabricated just to get pity outta the public', and the like. What I was trying to get back to attention is that he's someone to be mourned over and details like that wouldn't change that fact, if that make sense.
Re: Matthew Ajibade Dies In US Police Custody (Photo) by onadana: 12:07pm On Jan 09, 2015
[color=#006600][/color]
thrizzle:

But the guy in question wasn't sane at the time.. If you have nothing reasonable to say just don't comment, I don't understand why that's hard for certain nairalanders to do.

Daftness runs in your family.As if one does not know know that these people abroad claim insanity or any other daft reason to escape the law.But they are sane before they commit the offence.Once they face the law they claim insanity. shocked
Re: Matthew Ajibade Dies In US Police Custody (Photo) by desktop: 12:11pm On Jan 09, 2015
fr3do:
When did Nigerians start having this bipolar disorder?

I tire o
Re: Matthew Ajibade Dies In US Police Custody (Photo) by BlackLeopard(m): 12:14pm On Jan 09, 2015
Of course Nigerians got bipolar too.
It's maybe just not called that. It's called different things, talked as bad character, thing like that, but don't mean it isn't present.
And it's not like it's something that only some nations' people get.
Re: Matthew Ajibade Dies In US Police Custody (Photo) by delishpot: 12:15pm On Jan 09, 2015
BlackLeopard:

Nahh bro, what I'm saying is that these details don't change there's a lost life that should be respected and issue that should be prevented with other younglings; that what he died of doesn't *devalue* his death. May be jus my experience talking to people about this, too often these discussions land straight in 'oh he didn't die of X problem as claimed and it's soomehow his fault / the whole story is fabricated just to get pity outta the public', and the like. What I was trying to get back to attention is that he's someone to be mourned over and details like that wouldn't change that fact, if that make sense.

Yes. I get you. I was reffering to someone who said he was treated badly because he was black.
Its noz a black or white thing, even if he was in naija and he hits a police man and breaks his nose, he will get the same rough handling if not worse.
If what they said was true, then its logical that they will apply some force to be able to subdue him and put him under control. Why I ask for the cause of his death is to see what type of injury he had.
If he was taken away and then had a massive heart failure its one thing, if he was taken away and beaten to death, it another, if he died of hunger and starvation its another, if he tried to escape jail and died in the process its another thing, if he was shot from behind its another topic. Do you see why I want to know exactly how he died? His family should make sure they find out why he died. Cos right now, no one is talking about it.
If a mad man wants to bite you, will you say because he is mad, you will kindly ask him to stop? Wont you use force if yoi had to? I sympathise with his family, but on the other hand, those he was attacking have families too.
If you had read in the news now, that a bipolar naija guy killed a white chick while officers were watching and begging him to stop but he did not listen, its still you that will ask why they did not use force to pull him off her. And we will say they let him do damage because they want to paint us bad.

2 Likes

Re: Matthew Ajibade Dies In US Police Custody (Photo) by BlackLeopard(m): 12:21pm On Jan 09, 2015
Yeahh, I'm seeing dat, true. (I think my misunderstanding was when in quoting; I tend to assume poster quoted, is the one talked to/about unless otherwise specified).

And yeahh seeing wanting proper investigation too. I don't think it's likely to happen because racists everywhere but it's owed.

In my book no matter what he did would put the blame off them, because none of this harsh detaining stuff would be happening if he were white, and I'm rather sure it won't console his family either, but I'm in total agreement that silence should be lifted and is on itself a disgrace. He didn't deserve to die and they don't /get/ to keep this quiet.

1 Like

Re: Matthew Ajibade Dies In US Police Custody (Photo) by delishpot: 12:34pm On Jan 09, 2015
BlackLeopard:
Yeahh, I'm seeing dat, true. (I think my misunderstanding was when in quoting; I tend to assume poster quoted, is the one talked to/about unless otherwise specified).

And yeahh seeing wanting proper investigation too. I don't think it's likely to happen because racists everywhere but it's owed.

In my book no matter what he did would put the blame off them, because none of this harsh detaining stuff would be happening if he were white, and I'm rather sure it won't console his family either, but I'm in total agreement that silence should be lifted and is on itself a disgrace. He didn't deserve to die and they don't /get/ to keep this quiet.

Yeah, its sad. The police generaly try to shift blame when they make mistakes. There are trigger happy cops who shoot without questions and I am against such killings. If you go on youtube and look for vids of police violence/ brutality, you will find that it cuts across race and gender. Its not a race thing in most cases but it doesnt mean racists dont exist among the cops.
This case should be investigated and I pray they wont hide the truth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RImcOuAXbYw

1 Like

Re: Matthew Ajibade Dies In US Police Custody (Photo) by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jan 09, 2015
crazysaint:
So this cute dude just get wasted? Shey if the tell dem say school for home, de say the want go abroad go skul in order to secure a better job now u see?? What is obama saying about this before i loose my temper
who are the idiaaaats who liked this post?!!! this could've happened to him in Nigeria and trust me, if he had resisted arrest with a Nigerian policeman he would've gotten shot on the spot!!!

fr3do:
When did Nigerians start having this bipolar disorder?
since when does mental illness discriminate based on one's nationality?!!! there're lots of people suffering with mental illnesses in Nigeria but sadly they do so in silence!!!! more awareness needs to be raised to teach pple about them but knowing how stubborn Nigerians can be they might still disregard mental illnesses because the Nigerian society doesn't welcome it. some will even deny its existence or say it doesn't happen there (just like your question presumes), say it's just a phase, it's the work of witches and other orishirishi, but yep, Nigerians in Nigeria and elsewhere do have bipolar disorders and other types of mental illnesses. it's just that the ones in Nigeria struggle alone for fear of what pple will think, becoming an outcast and other negative labels they would be associated with.

BlackLeopard:

He's *dead*.
what the hell are you talking about?!! it would be even more disrespectful to him to not question how he died, what really happened to him. his family deserves to know the truth. not sure how much of it they will get but at least they should inquire and it's only normal for pple reading the story to question too. if anyone is being disrespectful it's you with that shitty-ass comment that it doesn't matter how he died!!!

based on some of the above comments and others i didn't quote, critical thinking classes should be taught in Nigerian schools!! what the hell?!! angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Matthew Ajibade Dies In US Police Custody (Photo) by sunnydayasaba(m): 1:02pm On Jan 09, 2015
thrizzle:

Chai oga you are retardedd no offense you obviously didn't understand the op's post, it's people like you that fail exams, the guy in question was taking those drugs previously the fact that he had a mental episode is based on him '' NOT'' taking his meds . If you don't understand something just don't post. You just made yourself look stupidd

Silent dey say is Golden and best answer for a fool like U....I made my own point base on wat i think not necessary wat d OP posted....So u really most be a fool to think i will comment base on wat u think.....Am entitle to my opinion, so u don't have to quote me to comment and make urself even look for stupid....Over sabi....Stupid retarded fool who thinks every body on social media most post wat dey think.

Teacher...Last time i checked, U where not d president of Nigeria since u knw who fail exams.....Mr Know it all....Retarded fool.
Re: Matthew Ajibade Dies In US Police Custody (Photo) by 12ema: 1:34pm On Jan 09, 2015
sunnydayasaba:
This white people and d kind of drugs they take, It's sometimes too strong for somebody system.

Imagine dis cute guy reacting negatives to a prescription drug...Certain body system are not jst gud for certain strength of drugs.

RIP bro......So sad

Sometimes? undecided
Re: Matthew Ajibade Dies In US Police Custody (Photo) by Akinsnaira: 1:47pm On Jan 09, 2015
There must be hidden agenda as to why young black men, mostly teenagers, getting killed by these white people on the rise recently, over ten cases of black teenagers shot dead by white police I was aware of last year alone, which I know the figure is far more than that.

Maybe these white people are seeing potentials in these young black men which can hold key for black ascendancy in future, so they want to truncate the golden generation as young. Whatever, I don't know

This killing of young black men by white is getting too much nowadays, things could become escalating if this bestial act is not checked

1 Like

Re: Matthew Ajibade Dies In US Police Custody (Photo) by whitecat2: 2:12pm On Jan 09, 2015
Story!!!

His family must start with a private investigator to get to the bottom of what really happened. The police dept is busy covering their tracks now.
Re: Matthew Ajibade Dies In US Police Custody (Photo) by abbey621(m): 2:22pm On Jan 09, 2015
bushdoc9919:
RIP

A large part of the problem is that most mental health facilities have been closed in the US since the 1950's( long and complicated story....the idea was that it would be better to treat mental health patients in the community, rather than in confinement....unfortunately...the road to h""l is paved with good intentions.)....so most often the Police has to act as the mental health personnel....which they are not trained to do.Of course...it does not end well.

You nailed it. Over 80% of all Americans are hooked on some type of medication, a lot of people are walking out there with mental disorders, when you mix this with abundance of guns, poor mental disorder personnels and a divided economy, it gives rise to disasters.
Re: Matthew Ajibade Dies In US Police Custody (Photo) by iluvpomo(m): 2:30pm On Jan 09, 2015
BlackLeopard:

He was no thug you uneducated git, read up and you'll see it.

Self hatin Blacks and Blacks hating on our youth are such a plague, sigh.
1) He robbed a store just before the incident
2) He physically assaulted the policeman

Quit the "hatin" talk. This is not a rap song. Open your eyes and face reality.

1 Like

Re: Matthew Ajibade Dies In US Police Custody (Photo) by BlackLeopard(m): 2:34pm On Jan 09, 2015
He didn't, but apparently since you won't check the facts on it and listen only to what victim blaming white media got to tell you your choice.

But tell me: Can anyone say a person deserves to *die* for petty theft and attempt to escape, if that were the case Where the hell do you live?
Re: Matthew Ajibade Dies In US Police Custody (Photo) by LewisO: 2:39pm On Jan 09, 2015
Very devastating!

R.I.P...

1 Like

Re: Matthew Ajibade Dies In US Police Custody (Photo) by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jan 09, 2015
crazysaint:
So this cute dude just get wasted? Shey if the tell dem say school for home, de say the want go abroad go skul in order to secure a better job now u see?? What is obama saying about this before i loose my temper
is thre a place u ar in dis world whre death wnt catch up wit u? so wat u mean by this is dat if he had bin in d country he wuldnt die. Guy I really dnt know wat to say. May God forgive him.
Re: Matthew Ajibade Dies In US Police Custody (Photo) by ahbey(m): 3:20pm On Jan 09, 2015
Very Sad. Justice must be done to this.

1 Like

Re: Matthew Ajibade Dies In US Police Custody (Photo) by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jan 09, 2015
My heart goes out to his grieving parents
What a sad loss
Mental illness can be devastating with fatal consequences

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria- South Africa F A Q s / China Complains As US Destroyer, Ralph Johnson Warship Navigates Taiwan Strait / 'Robert Mugabe Can No Longer Walk' - President Emmerson Mnangagwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.