Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,880 members, 7,802,844 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:05 PM

Learn How To Prepare Afang Soup Here - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Learn How To Prepare Afang Soup Here (24799 Views)

Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup / The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) / Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Learn How To Prepare Afang Soup Here by KingTom(m): 9:24am On Jan 22, 2015
Lisaflex:

wot's up?
Nothing much grin
Re: Learn How To Prepare Afang Soup Here by Lisaflex(f): 9:32am On Jan 22, 2015
KingTom:
Nothing much grin
Trouble maker, 1 day eh....
Re: Learn How To Prepare Afang Soup Here by Nobody: 9:53am On Jan 22, 2015
idyexcel:

You don't put crayfish in your soup?
No. I have some weird allergy to it. grin
Re: Learn How To Prepare Afang Soup Here by KingTom(m): 10:09am On Jan 22, 2015
Lisaflex:

shocked shocked shocked
Re: Learn How To Prepare Afang Soup Here by chiibekee(f): 10:30am On Jan 22, 2015
Lisaflex:

lol! ok, d onions part was a mistk ...I knw wot I'm doing tho, so don't jes write me off
its no mistake dear. The onions is used to steam the meat. And some people use onions for every meal.
Re: Learn How To Prepare Afang Soup Here by Jetjacky(m): 10:43am On Jan 22, 2015
Lisaflex:

FP=Front page, OP=original poster or original post

Thank you. Lol I'm gonna eat afang soup today: just gave me some soup I forgoT
Re: Learn How To Prepare Afang Soup Here by MsAnne(f): 11:04am On Jan 22, 2015
Enoquin:

No, I disagree. What's the point of eating vegetables if you are going to 'kill it' while cooking and remember, you'd also get to warm the soup. Food is eaten for nutrients and if your soup is drawing it means you used too much waterleaf.
U re damn right
Cos me I love ma afang soup so greenish,
N 2 avoid ma afang soup drawing,I squeeze some water out of d waterleaf after slicing wink
Re: Learn How To Prepare Afang Soup Here by donmalcolm21(m): 11:13am On Jan 22, 2015
Lisaflex:

hey babe, I just read that you are a good cook, kudos but I won't mind if you send the recipe to my email box.
Re: Learn How To Prepare Afang Soup Here by Lisaflex(f): 11:26am On Jan 22, 2015
donmalcolm21:
hey babe, I just read that you are a good cook, kudos but I won't mind if you send the recipe to my email box.
Fnks...Abt sndin it 2 ur mail box,lemme slp on itsmiley
Re: Learn How To Prepare Afang Soup Here by Lisaflex(f): 11:32am On Jan 22, 2015
Jetjacky:

Thank you. Lol I'm gonna eat afang soup today: just gave me some soup I forgoT
Yw...enjoy,pls eat 4 two if don't mind
Re: Learn How To Prepare Afang Soup Here by donmalcolm21(m): 11:32am On Jan 22, 2015
Lisaflex:

Fnks...Abt sndin it 2 ur mail box,lemme slp on itsmiley
why are you sleeping on it again, I'd be happy when I get home from the office to experiment with it this weekend.
Re: Learn How To Prepare Afang Soup Here by Lisaflex(f): 11:43am On Jan 22, 2015
chiibekee:
its no mistake dear. The onions is used to steam the meat. And some people use onions for every meal.
U r sha ryt....Mostly d Ibos use onions 2 cook virtually evryfn bt ds soup is an efik/ibibio soup n dey do not do dt...Lyk i've said,der's no laid dwn rule 4 preparing any meal.D fn is knw d basic n den add woteva u fnk wld mk u enjoy it more..I rmvd d onions cos its not part of d basic ingredients +*whispers* "mk d Efik/ibibio ppl here no crucify me.I don't knw if u've noticed, bt dey r already asking for my head cos i didn't add mfi(periwinkle)"
Re: Learn How To Prepare Afang Soup Here by Lisaflex(f): 11:45am On Jan 22, 2015
donmalcolm21:
why are you sleeping on it again, I'd be happy when I get home from the office to experiment with it this weekend.
spin on it 2 test ur patience grin...Will try sha
Re: Learn How To Prepare Afang Soup Here by donmalcolm21(m): 11:55am On Jan 22, 2015
Lisaflex:

spin on it 2 test ur patience grin...Will try sha
a million thanks. Will be expecting it.
Re: Learn How To Prepare Afang Soup Here by Fonydear(f): 12:04pm On Jan 22, 2015
Lizaflex,stockfish (ekporoko) and periwinkle (mfi) Is very important in Afang. Aand the nuumber of minutes u r boiling those leaves will certainly make ur soup black. The leaves should be fresh
Re: Learn How To Prepare Afang Soup Here by GreyBlood: 2:27pm On Jan 22, 2015
I read this thread from page 0 to 4; what I don't understand is how to grind/pound the afang (Okazi) leaves. Do I buy it and cut it, then start pounding it on a mortar? Or are there ground ones already sold in the mkt

Furthermore, I've never tasted periwinkle in my life; how do I know when to pour in my periwinkle in my soup? Should I pour them in and cook together with my meat/ponmo, or is there a particular time to do it
Re: Learn How To Prepare Afang Soup Here by engrjacuzzi: 2:36pm On Jan 22, 2015
Lisaflex:

Hw abt i cook n snd it 2 u?
it will be a great honour...so please how do I get yer sumptuous soup.
Re: Learn How To Prepare Afang Soup Here by engrjacuzzi: 2:39pm On Jan 22, 2015
GreyBlood:
I read this thread from page 0 to 4; what I don't understand is how to grind/pound the afang (Okazi) leaves. Do I buy it and cut it, then start pounding it on a mortar? Or are there ground ones already sold in the mkt

Furthermore, I've never tasted periwinkle in my life; how do I know when to pour in my periwinkle in my soup? Should I pour them in and cook together with my meat/ponmo, or is there a particular time to do it
my broda, you need to perboil your periwinkle after you must have cut it to a reasonable size...you can add the periwinkle together with your condiments.
Re: Learn How To Prepare Afang Soup Here by Mprex(f): 3:03pm On Jan 22, 2015
Lisaflex:

Jes don't drown in ur saliva o...Mprex, u don hear na
im lost. whats happening here

9TOO
Re: Learn How To Prepare Afang Soup Here by Glamrock(f): 3:17pm On Jan 22, 2015
Looks good i dont think I'll be able to find all of those ingredients here. Oh how i wish it was more African culture here for black Americans, but I'll be home soon.
Re: Learn How To Prepare Afang Soup Here by Lisaflex(f): 3:28pm On Jan 22, 2015
donmalcolm21:
a million thanks. Will be expecting it.
Yw
Re: Learn How To Prepare Afang Soup Here by Lisaflex(f): 3:29pm On Jan 22, 2015
engrjacuzzi:

it will be a great honour...so please how do I get yer sumptuous soup.
Via Bluetooth or flash share
Re: Learn How To Prepare Afang Soup Here by Lisaflex(f): 3:35pm On Jan 22, 2015
Mprex:

9TOO
9too said hez cmin 2 eket 2 eat afang at ur place...was jes butressin wot he said
Re: Learn How To Prepare Afang Soup Here by Lisaflex(f): 3:46pm On Jan 22, 2015
[quote author=GreyBlood post=30028855]I read this thread from page 0 to 4; what I don't understand is how to grind/pound the afang (Okazi) leaves. Do I buy it and cut it, then start pounding it on a mortar? Or are there ground ones already sold in the mkt

Afang is usually cut b4 it is sold...U either grind it in d mrkt or u tk d cut afang home n pound wt ur mortar n pestle
Re: Learn How To Prepare Afang Soup Here by Lisaflex(f): 3:52pm On Jan 22, 2015
Fonydear:
Lizaflex,stockfish (ekporoko) and periwinkle (mfi) Is very important in Afang. Aand the nuumber of minutes u r boiling those leaves will certainly make ur soup black. The leaves should be fresh
U r ryt,dey r both impnt bt not compulsory... My soup doesn't usually turn out black
Re: Learn How To Prepare Afang Soup Here by Mprex(f): 4:48pm On Jan 22, 2015
Lisaflex:

9too said hez cmin 2 eket 2 eat afang at ur place...was jes butressin wot he said
lols. Ok. I get it
Re: Learn How To Prepare Afang Soup Here by 9Too: 8:24pm On Jan 22, 2015
Mprex:

9TOO
yea.... Someday.
Re: Learn How To Prepare Afang Soup Here by UnimkeAk(m): 11:06pm On Jan 22, 2015
Lisaflex:

Guy e go swt jor...Ds na d basic 4 beginners.. U don't expect a learner(esp sm1 who isn't efik/Ibibio n wasn't eating mfi b4) to gaan start cutting mfi cos d person wants 2 kuk afang...Btw,i dey c say u go lyk kiss well well, ds 1 wey u 2 lyk mfi

Fingers crossed_Until I taste am.
True dat tho, some persons don't even know what's mfi.

I no even sabi kiss.
Shebi u go follow get basics 4 beginners.
Put me tru the art.
Re: Learn How To Prepare Afang Soup Here by UnimkeAk(m): 11:23pm On Jan 22, 2015
MsAnne:
I guess she forgot,bcs she didn't even put stockfish(okporoko) wink

Yeah_ stockfish !!

She said its just the basics for beginners.
She no want mk dia money finish, so it won't discourage em.
Re: Learn How To Prepare Afang Soup Here by Yugosng(m): 11:33pm On Jan 22, 2015
Lisaflex:

Bad bele... Hwz u na?

I cool kraaaah!
Re: Learn How To Prepare Afang Soup Here by fuckerholic(m): 8:05am On Jan 23, 2015
ROSSIKE:
..........................[img]http://1.bp..com/-XJV8spPJBvs/U613aTVnDQI/AAAAAAAADWw/LWT32Y4pqhc/s1600/Afang+soup+2.JPG[/img]
Afang soup

No...Graphic Afang soup rather !
Re: Learn How To Prepare Afang Soup Here by fuckerholic(m): 8:33am On Jan 23, 2015
Am akwaibom. Anyone interested in any of their food should contact me..especially the ladies should visit me for it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Is The Science Behind Soup Spoilage Due To finger.ing / Woman Finds object Inside sealed bottle of Coca Cola / Mama Gold Rice Shops At Awoyaya/Ajah Sell 45kg Bag As 50kg With Expired Dates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.