Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,962 members, 7,806,781 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:49 PM

Please Advice!! My Sister Needs Urgent Help. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please Advice!! My Sister Needs Urgent Help. (3879 Views)

Advice...My Sister Made A Threat Because I Refused To Go To A Spiritual Church. / God Delivered My Sister From The Spirit Of Insanity: My Testimony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advice!! My Sister Needs Urgent Help. by naijainstinct: 1:13am On Jan 09, 2015
I have never imagined before now that I would bring my family issue to an online forum but this water don pass my garri o.

I'll try to summarize my story as much as I can. My sister (in her late
twenties) was quite promiscous in the past until she became 'born again' mid last year 2014. Infact, she has a child out of a failed relationship (outside wedlock) before she became born again. Suddenly, after accepting Christ at a popular Pentecostal church, her behaviour began to change.

First, she started withdrawing herself from everyone and would only
interact on few occassions. She would wake up to pray at night so loudly that she didn't care if others were sleeping. Later, she started dreaming and began to suspect anyone she saw in her dreams. It got to a point that whenever a visitor came to the house, she would start anointing every corner of the house and speak in tongues.

After some months, she withdrew her daughter from me and my mum and made sure that we spent very little or no time with her daughter. She would stay for hours in her room without interacting with any of us. She got a very lucrative job offer but rejected it because she claimed that she was called to ministry. Only for her to start seeking for job weeks later while still maintaining that she has a calling to ministry.

Despite all the church-going & prayer sessions, she still exhibited her attitude of quick anger, pride and arrogance at the slightest opportunity.

Few weeks ago, she introduced a new dimension to her faith. She started pouring large quantities of olive oil all around the compound and house.
Last week, I was shocked to discover she anoited the wall lamps, sockets, electronics, books, utensils, walls, windows, doors, gate, etc in a very disgusting and careless manner. She was just pouring the olive oil over them.

Yesterday, she took out every single cloth, underwears, shoes, bags,
bedsheets, pillows, pillowcases and burnt them to ashes. She also took all that of her daughter and did the same. I thought that was all, until I discovered she broke her wall mirror, burnt all papers and academic credentials including her WAEC, PRIMARY, BIRTH, LGA, BSc DEGREE certificates. She burnt all her daughter's results, school books, school bags, uniforms, everything. As at yesterday afternoon, her daughter had nothing to wear not even panties, while she herself tied just a wrapper (belonging to my mum).

Now, her room is clear and empty, not even her mobile phone or HOLY
BIBLE was spared. Everything went into flames including all my CDs in the sitting room (both secular, gospel, movies), the decorations on the DVD stand and the wires I use to connect my phones to the home theatre.

Surprisingly, she went into my mum's room and burnt some of her gospel
books, tithe booklets and other items we are yet to identify.

When I heard about this development, I rushed to my room to check if my
belongings were safe. To the glory of God, they were. My mum has cried
her eyes out and has reported to everyone possible. I called my sister
aside to find out why she did what she did. Her response was 'they are
my personal belongings and I can do whatever I wish with them'. So I asked why she tampered with my CDs and mum's stuff, she said she didn't
know they were among the stuff she burnt. When I kept pressing, she said
she saw ants crawling over them, so she burnt them. What an excuse!

I'm a moderate christian who skips church many-a-time. Please, I'm worried about her, her state of mind, her safety and also her daughter.
Could this be hypnotism, delusion, conviction, manipulation, forces of
darkness or just mental disorder?

Has anyone experienced this happen to someone close? Please help me! I
need advice on how to help my sister. God bless you.

PLEASE, I PLEAD WITH U GUYS IN THE NAME OF GOD, THIS IS NOT A FICTION OR
MOVIE. If U don't have any good advise, please dont comment or I'll ask
God to bestow on you similar or worse experiences.
Re: Please Advice!! My Sister Needs Urgent Help. by MaZterZ(m): 1:19am On Jan 09, 2015
undecided undecided
Re: Please Advice!! My Sister Needs Urgent Help. by Nobody: 1:32am On Jan 09, 2015
brb
Re: Please Advice!! My Sister Needs Urgent Help. by manmustwac(m): 1:52am On Jan 09, 2015
at this moment in time all i can really say is that this story should be on the homepage.
Re: Please Advice!! My Sister Needs Urgent Help. by shegsrules(m): 2:12am On Jan 09, 2015
Take her back to church were she changed n explain all this to d man of God, she needs spiritual advice and also pray 4 her

1 Like

Re: Please Advice!! My Sister Needs Urgent Help. by menix(m): 4:53am On Jan 09, 2015
Don't fink she is going to d rite church or her prayers ve prompted a spiritual attack nd she is rite now possessed wiv a mad spirit.. Yes mad spirit buh its somfin dat can be easily addressed now datz it early..

Wat best for her now is to get a real man of God to deliver her cous very soon she did b goin banana..

Secondly, she nidz to visit a doctor thou might not b easy convincing her cous d hospital helped a lot wen such attack hit a family member thou wiv prayers.

Bro. I can't spill every here cous its an experience u wuld not wish an enemy. Then I knew wen som1 is possessed he culd over power ten hefty men.

Last bullet: pls pple shuld b cautious of churches dey attend cous most churches re demonic..

2 Likes

Re: Please Advice!! My Sister Needs Urgent Help. by naijainstinct: 6:36am On Jan 09, 2015
shegsrules:
Take her back to church were she
changed n explain all this to d man of God, she needs spiritual advice
and also pray 4 her
My mum went to report to the pastor of the branch of that church my sister attends and she went to see the pastor.
Infact, she had to wear my mum's dress to go and see the pastor. The
pastor asked her questions and all she said was she was led by God or she sometimes would say she just felt like. The pastor just prayed with
her and told her to go. I don't know if he asked her to visit again though. This church is where we all attend including my mum, though I'm not a dedicated worshiper but my mum and sister are. The church is Dunamis. I
did not want to mention the church initially, because I'm not sure it
has anything to do with the church. Infact, my sister who rarely misses
church did not attend church on wednesday and when I asked her why, she just said she did not feel like.
Re: Please Advice!! My Sister Needs Urgent Help. by Nobody: 6:38am On Jan 09, 2015
Let me guess the church...MFM? grin
Re: Please Advice!! My Sister Needs Urgent Help. by naijainstinct: 7:03am On Jan 09, 2015
menix
post=29624716:

Don't fink she is going to d rite church or her prayers ve
prompted a spiritual attack nd she is rite now possessed wiv a mad
spirit.. Yes mad spirit buh its somfin dat can be easily addressed now
datz it early..

Wat best for her now is to get a real man of God to deliver her cous
very soon she did b goin banana..

Secondly, she nidz to visit a doctor thou might not b easy convincing
her cous d hospital helped a lot wen such attack hit a family member
thou wiv prayers.

Bro. I can't spill every here cous its an experience u wuld not wish an
enemy. Then I knew wen som1 is possessed he culd over power ten hefty
men.

Last bullet: pls pple shuld b cautious of churches dey attend cous most
churches re demonic..

thanks for your contribution bro. I also had same thought yesterday. I'm thinking her spirituality level attracted evil powers that are now manipulating her and she does not have the spiritual strength to overcome them. My thoughts anyway but I'm very open to more opinion. I've hidden all my certificates just in case and I'll be moving them to a friend's house 2day. We'll act on what you've said. God bless you!

1 Like

Re: Please Advice!! My Sister Needs Urgent Help. by naijainstinct: 7:06am On Jan 09, 2015
Brandnew2:
Let me guess the church...MFM? grin
is that all you could come up with?

1 Like

Re: Please Advice!! My Sister Needs Urgent Help. by yorex2011: 7:22am On Jan 09, 2015
Oh my.. This is a very strong issue.. I'm deeply sorry for what you guys are going thru... There might be nothing i can do but at least i can pray for her and your family... All will be well in Jesus Name.

2 Likes

Re: Please Advice!! My Sister Needs Urgent Help. by naijainstinct: 7:42am On Jan 09, 2015
yorex2011:
Oh my.. This is a very strong issue..
I'm deeply sorry for what you guys are going thru... There might be
nothing i can do but at least i can pray for her and your family... All
will be well in Jesus Name.
Amen and Amen. I truly appreciate your concern. May the good Lord bless and protect you and your loved ones. Thanks!
Re: Please Advice!! My Sister Needs Urgent Help. by vooks: 8:04am On Jan 09, 2015
Either her or you (and your mum) are foolish for watching her destroy stuff she never bought. Kick her out and after 3 days dry fast, common sense will come back like a flood.
Re: Please Advice!! My Sister Needs Urgent Help. by lastmessenger: 8:08am On Jan 09, 2015
How can I watch my sister behave funny and do nothing. Op you just stayed idle and watch your sister deteriorate to the lowest level.
At this time only a doctor will be of help. You may also take her for deliverance.No sane human being burn her cloths and that of her daughters. Even to the extent of burning her certificates.
Re: Please Advice!! My Sister Needs Urgent Help. by naijainstinct: 8:13am On Jan 09, 2015
vooks:
Either her or you (and your mum) are foolish for watching her destroy stuff she never bought. Kick her out and after 3 days dry fast, common sense will come back like a flood.
The way you chose to begin your comment has made your advice worthless. Thanks for your contribution though. May God bless U!

4 Likes

Re: Please Advice!! My Sister Needs Urgent Help. by naijainstinct: 8:26am On Jan 09, 2015
lastmessenger:
How can I watch my sister behave
funny and do nothing. Op you just stayed idle and watch your sister
deteriorate to the lowest level.
At this time only a doctor will be of help. You may also take her for
deliverance.No sane human being burn her cloths and that of her
daughters. Even to the extent of burning her certificates.

bro, we were happy that she gave her life to Christ, U need to know my
sister before she got born again. She was really wild. My mum spoke to
her on several occassions about her attitude after she got born again.
But she insisted she just needed time to be alone to study the word and
pray.
Whenever we dwelt too much on the issue, she became angry and flared up, and we did not want it to appear as if we were against her spirituality.
Sometimes, we would wake up at night to knock her room door to tell her to reduce her voice when praying and my mum always made sure she got most things she needed materially. When she started burning her documents, no one was at home, we met her in the act. I tried to stop her from burning the remaining shoes left, but she got physical with me.
I did not want to compound the issue by assaulting her cos I was already getting angry. I also had to pet my mum at the same time.

2 Likes

Re: Please Advice!! My Sister Needs Urgent Help. by dorox(m): 9:19am On Jan 09, 2015
Your sister is having a stress induced mental breakdown which she is expressing through her religious indoctrination.
It was her search for a way out of her initial frustration that drove her to become religious, and now she is trapped in a negative feedback loop whereby she gets more religious as her frustration increases as she continues to search for meaning in her life.

Religion cannot help her, it would only further compound her problem and make her illness worse. In a matter of weeks if she doesn't get the care and support she desperately needs, her utterances will become unintelligible, she will become a gloomy shadow of her once distant self with fleeting moments of a smile and self awareness in an otherwise blank face to suggest that your sister is not forever lost.

5 Likes

Re: Please Advice!! My Sister Needs Urgent Help. by Tranglatar(m): 11:46am On Jan 09, 2015
naijainstinct:
The way you chose to begin your comment has made your advice worthless. Thanks for your contribution though. May God bless U!

@naijainstinct
This is not the time for you to get angry with someone like vooks over his comments

You and your mum are partly if not wholly responsible. You never mentioned that you and your mum prayed, fasted, etc over your sister's wayward life. You were ok with being selfishly unconcerned and a dormant Christian. Now that GOD has allowed her to be you people's tormentor you are getting concerned.

Who told you that she became born again? because she started praying loudly? when it may have been the onset of paranoid schizophrenia.
Well you were not bothered as you were never concerned. Even your mum that has GOD given authority over her daughter did not bother to use her authority. Do you think the pastor would wave a wand and she'll be ok? when you guys are not cooperating or playing (praying) your roles

The solution/ answer is simple. All those things you were supposed to do when she was living a promiscuous life, you have to do them now and more as now you have to combine Medical and Spiritual solutions.

if you don't do those things, you have to carry her as your cross

So i advise that:
You really need to get active spiritually in CHRIST
wake up from your spiritual slumber
read and meditate on HIS word
ask for HIS mercies on yourself first
seek HIS counsel and guidance
listen, submit and follow HIS guidance
The HELPER - HOLY SPIRIT, will surely help you

As you are doing these combine with medical care for her

Funny thing (as HIS ways are mysterious) is that you may be the one GOD wants to use to wake up your family spiritually and prevent a disaster from meeting you guys. what is happening to your sister may just be a preamble, so don't panic rather WAKE UP !! The sacrifice on the cross was not in vain !!!

2 Likes

Re: Please Advice!! My Sister Needs Urgent Help. by vooks: 12:16pm On Jan 09, 2015
God bless you too.
I don't know what kind of solution you are looking for or whether you just need to talk about it and get it off your chest. I have given you a practical and quite sensible solution; nobody has any right destroying your property or assets for nothing. If I went berserk and started smashing stuff, I can assure you my beloved Empress would secure me admission to the nearest facility

naijainstinct:
Re: Please Advice!! My Sister Needs Urgent Help. by twosquare(m): 12:46pm On Jan 09, 2015
Spiritual attack(demonic)...or she is suffering from psychosis....don't waste time on her issue.
Re: Please Advice!! My Sister Needs Urgent Help. by GoldCircle: 1:12pm On Jan 09, 2015
Please get her to seek medical attention immediately. This may be a form of depression or even psychiatric disorder. I have a cousin who went this route many years back and later died 'cos everything was masked under religion/church.

Please take my advice seriously. This is the way religion works in Africa in many instances.
Re: Please Advice!! My Sister Needs Urgent Help. by Alexk2(m): 1:46pm On Jan 09, 2015
God will intervene.

this is an urgent matter.., let us chat privately abt it pls...check my signature and letz chat on whatsapp....delay is risky bro.
Re: Please Advice!! My Sister Needs Urgent Help. by Alexk2(m): 1:53pm On Jan 09, 2015
vooks;
Either her or you (and your mum) are foolish
for watching her destroy stuff she never bought. Kick her out and after
3 days dry fast, common sense will come back like a flood.

when i see pple comment like this, i just smh....lyk seriously, you dont knw what they re passing thru...
may God intervene fast in Jesus name.
Re: Please Advice!! My Sister Needs Urgent Help. by vooks: 3:28pm On Jan 09, 2015
Neither do you but surely the first thing is to stop wanton destruction of property and stuff. Do you agree?
Alexk2:

when i see pple comment like this, i just smh....lyk seriously, you dont knw what they re passing thru...
may God intervene fast in Jesus name.
Re: Please Advice!! My Sister Needs Urgent Help. by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jan 09, 2015
That's some irrational behavior there. Get your sister immediate medical help and pray consistently for her. May God heal her.
Re: Please Advice!! My Sister Needs Urgent Help. by adexsimply(m): 5:18pm On Jan 09, 2015
@OP, your sister is having nervous breakdown. What you guys need to do now is seek medical attention for her, else, her condition will keep getting worse. She seriously needs an MHC(Mental Health Counselor) not an MOG(Man of God)
Re: Please Advice!! My Sister Needs Urgent Help. by shegsrules(m): 5:23pm On Jan 09, 2015
naijainstinct:
My mum went to report to the pastor of the branch of that church my sister attends and she went to see the pastor.
Infact, she had to wear my mum's dress to go and see the pastor. The
pastor asked her questions and all she said was she was led by God or she sometimes would say she just felt like. The pastor just prayed with
her and told her to go. I don't know if he asked her to visit again though. This church is where we all attend including my mum, though I'm not a dedicated worshiper but my mum and sister are. The church is Dunamis. I
did not want to mention the church initially, because I'm not sure it
has anything to do with the church. Infact, my sister who rarely misses
church did not attend church on wednesday and when I asked her why, she just said she did not feel like.

I believe if d pastor who is a minister of God on earth keeps on talking n encouraging her it would help. She is on a new path which need a lot of guidance and encouragement.
Re: Please Advice!! My Sister Needs Urgent Help. by adexsimply(m): 5:39pm On Jan 09, 2015
shegsrules:

I believe if d pastor who is a minister of God on earth keeps on talking n encouraging her it would help. She is on a new path which need a lot of guidance and encouragement.
What new path sir? If I may ask.
Re: Please Advice!! My Sister Needs Urgent Help. by haibe(m): 6:56pm On Jan 09, 2015
What church is she attending? I have observed that some so called pastors do brainwash members knowingly or unknowingly.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice!! My Sister Needs Urgent Help. by haibe(m): 7:00pm On Jan 09, 2015
vooks:
why not be inquisitive rather than being insultive? You should have asked questions first before posting rubbish, result of a failed training.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice!! My Sister Needs Urgent Help. by naijainstinct: 8:50pm On Jan 09, 2015
dorox:
Your sister is having a stress induced mental breakdown which she is expressing through her religious indoctrination.
It was her search for a way out of her initial frustration that drove her to become religious, and now she is trapped in a negative feedback loop whereby she gets more religious as her frustration increases as she continues to search for meaning in her life.

Religion cannot help her, it would only further compound her problem and make her illness worse. In a matter of weeks if she doesn't get the care and support she desperately needs, her utterances will become unintelligible, she will become a gloomy shadow of her once distant self with fleeting moments of a smile and self awareness in an otherwise blank face to suggest that your sister is not forever lost.

you didn't proffer any solution though. Thanks for your contribution!

1 Like

Re: Please Advice!! My Sister Needs Urgent Help. by naijainstinct: 10:08pm On Jan 09, 2015
Tranglatar:

@naijainstinct
This is not the time for you to get angry with someone like vooks over his comments

1. You and your mum are partly if not wholly responsible. You never mentioned that you and your mum prayed, fasted, etc over your sister's wayward life. You were ok with being selfishly unconcerned and a dormant Christian. Now that GOD has allowed her to be you people's tormentor you are getting concerned.

2. Who told you that she became born again? because she started praying loudly? when it may have been the onset of paranoid schizophrenia.
3. Well you were not bothered as you were never concerned. Even your mum that has GOD given authority over her daughter did not bother to use her authority. Do you think the pastor would wave a wand and she'll be ok? when you guys are not cooperating or playing (praying) your roles

The solution/ answer is simple. All those things you were supposed to do when she was living a promiscuous life, you have to do them now and more as now you have to combine Medical and Spiritual solutions.

if you don't do those things, you have to carry her as your cross

So i advise that:
You really need to get active spiritually in CHRIST
wake up from your spiritual slumber
read and meditate on HIS word
ask for HIS mercies on yourself first
seek HIS counsel and guidance
listen, submit and follow HIS guidance
The HELPER - HOLY SPIRIT, will surely help you

As you are doing these combine with medical care for her

Funny thing (as HIS ways are mysterious) is that you may be the one GOD wants to use to wake up your family spiritually and prevent a disaster from meeting you guys. what is happening to your sister may just be a preamble, so don't panic rather WAKE UP !! The sacrifice on the cross was not in vain !!!

1. I did a lot of summary.......there was no way I could give account of our individual and collective efforts (myself and my mum) and other details without ending up writing a very lengthy story. Which mother wouldn't at least take a step to correct her daughter?

2. She stood up for an altar call in a service that I was present. She attended the foundation and maturity classes and joined a service group afterwards. She attended church religiously and changed her lifestyle including the way she dressed. Before that time, she always skipped family prayers and was non-challant about church things. After she got born again, she never skipped her personal mid-night prayers. That's how I knew she got born again.

3. Yes, I was bothered but I have my own issues to deal with too.......my mum always sat her down and advised her, pray with her and even monitored her on several occassions. My mum fasted and prayed (and still do) over her case. My mum calls several pastors weekly to join her in prayers. If you noticed my earlier story, I said my mum called the senior pastor of the church branch we attend, thats to show you how she keeps in touch with pastors she trusts and believes in. Do you want her to be flogging her daughter who is almost 30 years? Well, I may not be so spiritually or religiously inclined but my mum is and she's trying her best.

Thanks for your advise........We'll tighten up. We are also combining medical and spiritual therapy as you have suggested. God bless you.

twosquare:
Spiritual attack(demonic)...or she is suffering from psychosis....don't waste time on her issue.
Are you saying we should abandon her?

GoldCircle:
Please get her to seek medical attention immediately. This may be a form of depression or even psychiatric problems. I have a cousin who wet this route and later die 'cos everything was masked under religion/church.
Please take my advice seriously. This is the way religion works in Africa in many instances.
We have made arrangements for medical assistance.......Thanks for your advise. I'm sorry about your cousin and I pray my sister's case doesn't end this way. God bless U bro.

Alexk2:
God will intervene.
this is an urgent matter.., let us chat privately abt it pls...check my signature and letz chat on whatsapp....delay is risky bro.
okay. I sent you a PM. thanks!

adexsimply:
@OP, your sister is having nervous breakdown. What you guys need to do now is seek medical attention for her, else, her condition will keep getting worse. She seriously needs an MHC(Mental Health Counselor) not an MOG(Man of God)
thanks bro

shegsrules:

We should encourage her to continue destroying her properties and that of others too? I don't think that's the right thing to do. Thanks for your contribution.

0rex:
That's some irrational behavior there. Get your sister immediate medical help and pray consistently for her. May God heal her.
Amen! Thanks a lot.

(1) (2) (Reply)

£100 To Any Christian Who Can Prove The Hindu God Doesn't Exist / The Right Way Or A Way That Seems Right? / Christians, I Have A Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.