Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,555 members, 7,809,027 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:15 PM

Northern Elders Fault Jonathan’s Comment About Statesmen - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Elders Fault Jonathan’s Comment About Statesmen (16811 Views)

Ango Abdullahi Is On His Own – Northern Elders Forum / Mark Zuckerberg: FFK And Reno Omokri Spar On Facebook Over Comment About Hausa / Elders Fault Wike On Road, Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Northern Elders Fault Jonathan’s Comment About Statesmen by menesheh(m): 2:23am On Jan 09, 2015
…Say, Sitting leaders are worse than pick-pocket‎s

The Amb. Maitama Sule led Northern Elders’ Forum (NEF) on Thursday hit back at President Goodluck Jonathan for describing some elder statesmen as touts.

Addressing the press at his Zaria based farm, the spokesman of NEF, Prof. Ango Abdullahi said, even some sitting leaders are worse than pick-pockets in a motor park, adding that President Jonathan shouldn’t have made such abusive statement on nation’s statesmen who fought for the unity of the country.

Prof. Abdullahi ,who is also a member of Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF), also tongue-lashed the Tanko Yakasai led Northern Elders Council (NEC), saying the group lacks principle and they are not speaking for the generality of Nigerians.

The former Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Vice Chancellor, said NEF is more focused and committed to the political well-being of Northerners and Nigerians in general.

He said, “President Jonathan should know that in a motor park, there are touts and there are pick-pockets, so if some past leaders are touts, some sitting leaders are pick-pockets and thieves. So, you have to make your pick from that.

“This is a country that is complaining about corruption and the President himself has said that stealing is a small corruption. So, for him to even come around and refer to some people as touts, he should remember that some ‎of them sitting there are pick-pockets.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/northern-elders-fault-jonathans-comment-statesmen/

78 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Northern Elders Fault Jonathan’s Comment About Statesmen by harrwix(m): 2:59am On Jan 09, 2015
he surely said the truth

"He said, “President Jonathan should know that
in a motor park, there are touts and there are
pick-pockets, so if some past leaders are touts,
some sitting leaders are pick-pockets and
thieves. So, you have to make your pick from
that."

the quoted shows how shameless our leaders are....their being clueless is just a icing on the cake. Kettle be calling pot black. Smh!

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Northern Elders Fault Jonathan’s Comment About Statesmen by naijaking1: 3:07am On Jan 09, 2015
Ango Abdullahi is a looser and will always remain a looser. Everything in his miserable life revolves around the civil war, unfortunately, when he could get his way, he resorts to Northern this and northern that. However, the issue is, make your point democratically and see how many people you can convince

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Northern Elders Fault Jonathan’s Comment About Statesmen by maestroferddi: 3:15am On Jan 09, 2015
Jonathan has made his point.

The agents of divisiveness and disaffection masquerading as statesmen should beware.

It is no longer going to be business as usual after Jonathan gets sworn-in for the second term.

No-one is above the laws of the land.

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Northern Elders Fault Jonathan’s Comment About Statesmen by Nobody: 3:59am On Jan 09, 2015
Choosing between a motor park tout and Motor park thief....now thats a food for thought

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Northern Elders Fault Jonathan’s Comment About Statesmen by omenka(m): 4:05am On Jan 09, 2015
I don't think there is anyone out there that genuinely likes Jonathan besides some of his Ijaw brothers who've benefited from the free for all stealing that is going on under his watch.

92 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Northern Elders Fault Jonathan’s Comment About Statesmen by PassingShot(m): 4:07am On Jan 09, 2015
Jonathan shot himself in the foot when he made that statement. Now he will be told how he is worse than those statesmen he compared to touts. And in actual sense, he is actually worse than each and everyone of them.

96 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Northern Elders Fault Jonathan’s Comment About Statesmen by papaejima1: 4:08am On Jan 09, 2015
So because a tout fought for the unity of the nation he should not be referred to as a tout in old age?

Oh I forgot, he is now an Area Father!

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Elders Fault Jonathan’s Comment About Statesmen by Ikengawo: 4:09am On Jan 09, 2015

12 Likes

Re: Northern Elders Fault Jonathan’s Comment About Statesmen by tit(f): 4:11am On Jan 09, 2015
omenka:
I don't think there is anyone out there that genuinely likes Jonathan besides some of his Ijaw brothers who've benefited from the free for all stealing that is going on under his watch.

i love jonathan!
and i do not have Ijaw family.
i have Ijebu, Ikom, Enugu, Mongunu, Ajaka and Eggon family branch.
But no Ijaw for our family.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Elders Fault Jonathan’s Comment About Statesmen by meracool(m): 4:14am On Jan 09, 2015
GEJ cant be taken serious jare

8 Likes

Re: Northern Elders Fault Jonathan’s Comment About Statesmen by fitzmayowa: 4:17am On Jan 09, 2015
If an elder statesman refuse to behave like one, then he surely deserves to be put in his place...

BTW why the attack on him did he mention anyone's name specifically So why are they pained

If indeed the supposed elder statesman(men) are not acting like tout, then they should not be bothered by the comments...Need i remind them that its a season of throwing stones

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Elders Fault Jonathan’s Comment About Statesmen by Nobody: 4:21am On Jan 09, 2015
naijaking1:
Ango Abdullahi is a looser and will always remain a looser. Everything in his miserable life revolves around the civil war, unfortunately, when he could get his way, he resorts to Northern this and northern that. However, the issue is, make your point democratically and see how many people you can convince

I hate to be rude, but sometimes it pains me to see people like you who r very subjective and biased in their submission or judgement. What has he done or said in reaction to what a sitting president said? This is exact problem that is killing the whole world today; my brother does something stupid to another person and I am cool with my brother's repulsive behaviour but when the other person does the same thing or worst to my brother, heaven must fall.......................... Let's stop this double standard cos what goes around, comes around

Civil war this, Civil war that; C'mon, it's normal for Elder statesman to make reference to whatever they have done in the past for crying out loud. In UK and US, you ll see those oldies who fought in second world war making reference to that war in most of their political and national conversations............

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Elders Fault Jonathan’s Comment About Statesmen by fitzmayowa: 4:24am On Jan 09, 2015
omenka:

Are you saying those that attended his campaign rally in lagos are ijaws alone

I never knew ijaws had such a large population in lagos...

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Northern Elders Fault Jonathan’s Comment About Statesmen by ayukdaboss(m): 4:34am On Jan 09, 2015
Do you wan't to go to jail? - Godswill Akpabio grin grin

Jonathan is surrounded with touts who are afraid to go to jail...Person like Akpabio na life imprisonment that one go dey grin

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Northern Elders Fault Jonathan’s Comment About Statesmen by arsetalks(m): 4:35am On Jan 09, 2015
maestroferddi:

The agents of divisiveness and disaffection masquerading as statesmen should beware.

It is no longer going to be business as usual after Jonathan gets sworn-in for the second term.

What point has he made? The same person who claimed stealing is not corruption? Are you kidding me? He has no moral right to discuss pick-pockets when he and hiss allies are busy stealing and claiming it is not corruption.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Elders Fault Jonathan’s Comment About Statesmen by DesChyko: 4:48am On Jan 09, 2015
When two elephants fight..

1 Like

Re: Northern Elders Fault Jonathan’s Comment About Statesmen by brixton: 4:55am On Jan 09, 2015
omenka:

I genuinely like him and will keep voting for him ahead of your crying General

19 Likes

Re: Northern Elders Fault Jonathan’s Comment About Statesmen by johncreek: 5:19am On Jan 09, 2015
They should leave Jona alone ooo to face his campaign ooo.
haba! this liars are even more in Both PDP And APC....
LIARS! LIARS!! LIARS!!!

5 Likes

Re: Northern Elders Fault Jonathan’s Comment About Statesmen by jayonpoint(m): 5:36am On Jan 09, 2015
maestroferddi:

Made his point my foot! All those long sermon in effort to exonerate the corrupt govt he lead for six yrs. Even an unborn baby knws Jonathan is a corruptible president worse than even a motor park. He has lost It. Those reaction its a clear evidence of what he himself has seen on ground.

Everything has rejected him n as they say; the voice of man is the vooice of God.

6 Likes

Re: Northern Elders Fault Jonathan’s Comment About Statesmen by Onmason(m): 6:02am On Jan 09, 2015
MY MIND, JUST MINE cos I won't, even if I CAN force anyone 2 agree with me. 1. The ex-leaders have a right to speak their mind and speak it where, when and how they choose 2.whether they are touts, thieves, or rapists, they remain opinion leaders, we have our individual wisdom to sieve sense out of their pronouncements and throw the rubbish away 3. Jonathan has the right to DEFENd his integrity, ours is to analyse whether his defence makes any sense or not 4. Given the nose-diving popularity of jona, with almost EVERYBODY who is SOMEBODY in the Nigerian political equation attacking him, his best move should be IMMAGE LAUNDERING not counter attack, learn from intelligent politicians like Obama, Mandela, Fashola. In d Nigerian context, attacking CERTAIN people is tantamount to political suicide 5. People attend political rallies for several reasons -curiosity, pick pockets, quick business, search for babes/guys (I met my wife @ a rally in 2007 nd we are happily married), contract as paid, etc 6. Its natural to refer back to what you achieved in the past, that's ur biggest nd most convincing selling point. That is why most of us expected jona to ignore his critics nd SIMPLY tell us his PHYSICAL achievements in 6yrs nd how much he expended in achieving same. Publish ALL the corruption reports and arrest the indicted persons (even if he let's dem loose, with compensation, after he wins the polls, its a game u know?) Tell us clearly, cos we aint dumb, WHY Sanusi was suddenly sacked immediately he made it VERY CLEAR that our money was missing. EXPLAIN in one sentence why ex-militants should be awarded security contract when we have so many security officers sleeping in the barracks. Tell us briefly, why a single ex-militant is allowed to import SO MUCH arms in the face of the present unprecedented security upheavals in the country-SIMPLICITA. If satisfied, I will canvass for votes for him, even with MY LIFE!

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Northern Elders Fault Jonathan’s Comment About Statesmen by mailadedamola(m): 6:41am On Jan 09, 2015
Clueless jona
APC
GMB
"People accuse me of many things. But one
thing they never accuse me of is corruption.
They never accuse me of mediocrity, or of lying.
People accuse me of many things. I have led
this country and I have a record. We were not
perfect, but we were effective; we solved
problems, and we made Nigerians proud. In
our government, we fought corruption, we
stabilised the naira, and we shut down
insurgencies. We shouldn't forget so soon that
there was Maitatsine ravaging the north east
and we dealt with it. We also overran the
Chadian rebels. We rebuilt industries, Nigerians
queued up and treated each other with
respect; Nigerians took pride in our reputation
for discipline.The world admired us. We were
proud to be Nigerians. Because they can't
attack our record, they accuse me falsely of
ethnic jingoism; they accuse me falsely of
religious fundamentalism. Because they cannot
attack our record, they accuse us falsely of
calling for election violence - when we have
only insisted on peace. Even as Head of State,
we never imposed Sha’riah. All my running
mates have been either Igbo or Yoruba and
always Christian. I have and will continue to
condemn those who burn God's places of
worship, be they churches or mosques and
wish God's judgment upon them. As your
President, their punishment won't stop there,
we will also ensure Boko Haram and other such
elements, are found, are arrested and face the
full wrath of the law as punishment for their
crimes against our country. My dear friends,
this is very important to note: It doesn’t matter
if you are Igbo, Yoruba, Ijaw, Hausa, Idoma,
Efik, Ekwere, Urhobo, Igala And, no, it does not
matter if you are Christian, Muslim, animist or
atheist: we need a new direction under a new
leadership. The task ahead will be challenging
and daunting, but it is surmountable. This is
what leadership is about. My only desire is to
prove to you that Nigeria can truly work. Allow
me prove to you that in your lifetime, you can
be proud of this country. Let me make you this
promise today: We will protect your children.
We will protect your wealth. We will make this
country work again. is why I am running
for the office of the president of Nigeria. This is
my promise." - Muhammadu Buhari GCFR
GEJite see what a brilliant and skillful person
has

to say!

Adopted from: BCO
PDP
"Before 2011 nobody voted with voters card,
people vote themselves, but in 2015 people are
getting voters card"
(admiting that he rigged 2011)
"Arresting corrupt people will not stop
corruption"
"Somebody says he will catch people and throw
them to kikikiri"
"There is nothing like corruption any more,
There is no corruption in the military"
"Nigeria ladies so you want to vote to go back
to the kitchen and DIE there or you want to
liberate yourself"
"Okah was procured from South Africa to
assassinate me on October 1st"- Jonathan
(The same MEND that Jonathan exonerated a
day after the Bombing)
Other Commentators
"PDP is the oldest party in Nigeria, it is the only
party that didn't change logo"- Adamu Muazu,
PDP Chairman
"We can export rice to Washington"... PDP
Anchor
"In the last four years the PDP has transformed
Nigeria positively on Nigeria" "All Nigerians can
attest to this"- david mark, Senate President
"The same way that PDP has governed other
states is the same way I will govern Lagos
State"--- Mr. Jimi Agbaje
"Do you want to go to jail?"- Akpabio, Akwa
Ibom State Governor
"Are You Ready For A Change"- Olabode
George!!!
"He (Jonathan) gave us Hope" "Tomorrow if
you want to become a business owner, the
President will do it for you"- Joseph Yobo
"If not for Mr President we wouldn't win the
Nations cup"- Joseph Yobo

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Northern Elders Fault Jonathan’s Comment About Statesmen by eedris07(m): 6:41am On Jan 09, 2015
HMM

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Elders Fault Jonathan’s Comment About Statesmen by GEJfan1: 6:41am On Jan 09, 2015
grin point of correction angry he didn't say stealing was small corruption.he actually said, stealing isnt corruption undecided .#team gej for community youth leader of otueke. grin #sai buhari come febuharifebuhari cool

10 Likes

Re: Northern Elders Fault Jonathan’s Comment About Statesmen by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:41am On Jan 09, 2015
naijaking1:
cheesy these Igbo people can't let go of this civil war issue? And if you don't talk abt civil war, you will talk abt oil. Did what the guy said is got too much for your comprehensive ability, or you are simply a dunce, by default?

5 Likes

Re: Northern Elders Fault Jonathan’s Comment About Statesmen by lonelydora: 6:42am On Jan 09, 2015
The earlier this fisherman goes back to Otuoke where I'm schooling, the better for us.

1 Like

Re: Northern Elders Fault Jonathan’s Comment About Statesmen by Nobody: 6:42am On Jan 09, 2015
is this man a past leader,why is he so pained?

2 Likes

Re: Northern Elders Fault Jonathan’s Comment About Statesmen by moderatorr1: 6:43am On Jan 09, 2015
war of words

See what buhari's charity organisation is doing
https://www.nairaland.com/2082095/buhari-no-charity-organisation-till#29598568
Re: Northern Elders Fault Jonathan’s Comment About Statesmen by englishmart(m): 6:43am On Jan 09, 2015
na una get una mouth
Re: Northern Elders Fault Jonathan’s Comment About Statesmen by lurther: 6:44am On Jan 09, 2015
We already know the northerner oligarghy's stand on president jonathan.
Even if jonathan turn the north to london, they still want him out. All they want now is not development, but power, as they believe it is their birth-right.

8 Likes

Re: Northern Elders Fault Jonathan’s Comment About Statesmen by Nobody: 6:44am On Jan 09, 2015
OK TRUE SHA
Re: Northern Elders Fault Jonathan’s Comment About Statesmen by lurther: 6:46am On Jan 09, 2015
We already know the northerner oligarghy's stand on president jonathan.
Even if jonathan turn the north to london, they still want him out. All they want now is not development, but power, as they believe it is their birth-right.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Diezani Alison-Madueke Was Not In Court Today - Kayode Ogundamisi / Wike Visits Ugwuanyi, Ekweremadu, Others, Over Death Of Transport Commissioner / Ortom: PDP Governors Warn Highly-Placed Ministers Against Nigeria’s Distability

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.