Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,874 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:26 AM

Game Of Thrones is back! Season 5 starts tonight by 9pm - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones is back! Season 5 starts tonight by 9pm (3815 Views)

Jenifa's Diary Season 5 ( Jenifa And Falz) / Strike Back Season 5!!! Its Back / Games Of Throne Is Back! Season 5. (fan Page) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Game Of Thrones is back! Season 5 starts tonight by 9pm by fingard02k(m): 7:24am On Jan 09, 2015
Winter is coming this spring

HBO announced Thursday that the fifth season of Game of Thrones will premiere on Sunday, April 12 at 9 p.m.

The fifth season adds previously recurring actors Diana Rigg (Olenna Tyrell), Dean-Charles Chapman (Tommen Baratheon), Nathalie Emmanuel (Missandei), Michiel Huisman (Daario Naharis), Michael McElhatton (Roose Bolton), Indira Varma (Ellaria Sand), and Tom Wlaschiha (Jaqen H'ghar) to the series' main cast.

In the fifth season, the region of Dorne is fully introduced to the show. Alexander Siddig joins the cast as Doran Martell, the ruling Prince of Dorne, and elder brother of Oberyn Martell,while his son Trystane Martell is portrayed by Toby Sebastian. The role of Cersei's daughter Myrcella Baratheon, who is Doran's ward and betrothed to Trystane is played by Nell Tiger Free. The role was portrayed by Aimee Richardson in the first two seasons.DeObia Oparei portrays Areo Hotah, the captain of the Dornish palace guard.The three eldest bastard daughters of Oberyn Martell (collectively known as the "Sand Snakes"wink are portrayed by Keisha Castle-Hughes (Obara Sand), Jessica Henwick (Nymeria Sand), and Rosabell Laurenti Sellers (Tyene Sand) respectively.

In King's Landing, Jonathan Pryce joins the cast as the High Sparrow, the leader of the militant faithful in King’s Landing,while Hannah Waddingham portrays Septa Unella, one of the "Most Devout", the ruling council of the Faith of the Seven.[18] Nell Williams was cast as a younger version of Cersei Lannister in flashback sequences,while Jodhi May as Maggy the Frog, a fortune-teller.

Across the Narrow Sea, Enzo Cilenti joins as Yezzan, a Yunkish nobleman and slave trader, while Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje was cast as Malko, a character not appearing in the novels. At Castle Black, and Beyond the Wall, new cast members include Michael Condron as Bowen Marsh, First Steward of the Night's Watch and Zahary Baharov as Loboda, a wildling leader. J. J. Murphy, who was cast as Night's Watch officer Denys Mallister, died in August 2014 shortly after filming his first scenes; his role was not recast.[24] One role that was recast for season 5 was Ross O'Hennessy as the Lord of Bones. O'Hennessy replaces Edward Dogliani who was last seen in the season 3 premiere "Valar Dohaeris". Charles Dance, whose character died in the previous season, returns to portray Tywin Lannister's corpse.Both Isaac Hempstead-Wright (Bran Stark) and Kristian Nairn (Hodor) are absent this season because their part in the story has reached the end of A Dance with Dragons.

http://mobile.twitter.com/GameOfThrones/status/553326989520949249/photo/1/large?utm_source=fb&utm_content=553345707034161152&utm_campaign=Duelist101Radio&utm_medium=fb
Re: Game Of Thrones is back! Season 5 starts tonight by 9pm by okirewaju(f): 8:34am On Jan 09, 2015
:oAprillllllllllllll

That's pretty far

2kurupt
Re: Game Of Thrones is back! Season 5 starts tonight by 9pm by Janedoe26(f): 8:51am On Jan 09, 2015
Too far

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones is back! Season 5 starts tonight by 9pm by Qu3sT(m): 7:27pm On Jan 09, 2015
My only question is WHEN IS WINTER COMING. Winter still hasn't arrived and we're in season 5.

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones is back! Season 5 starts tonight by 9pm by 2kurupt(m): 12:56pm On Jan 10, 2015
Best TV show ever. The wait continues then

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones is back! Season 5 starts tonight by 9pm by Lordaweezy: 1:33pm On Jan 10, 2015
2kurupt:
Best TV show ever. The wait continues then

You are kidding right?? shocked
Re: Game Of Thrones is back! Season 5 starts tonight by 9pm by 2kurupt(m): 7:02pm On Jan 13, 2015
Lordaweezy:

No kidding, name yours let's compare.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones is back! Season 5 starts tonight by 9pm by fingard02k(m): 12:42am On Apr 04, 2015
Almost 12th Cant wait to see my Khaleesi and arya
Re: Game Of Thrones is back! Season 5 starts tonight by 9pm by Nobody: 8:54am On Apr 04, 2015
Thank God!!!!
Re: Game Of Thrones is back! Season 5 starts tonight by 9pm by CecyAdrian(f): 6:23pm On Apr 04, 2015
Lordaweezy:

Give us the name of which u think is better,
Till den Game Of Throne is the best so far!!!
Re: Game Of Thrones is back! Season 5 starts tonight by 9pm by sleepking(m): 6:35pm On Apr 05, 2015
Wat are ur predictions In this season

Ah see khalessi not coming back to kings landing rather she will forge her own empire in the east

Stannis will align with marcus in order to wage war on kings landing
Re: Game Of Thrones is back! Season 5 starts tonight by 9pm by swagdopey: 7:58pm On Apr 05, 2015
sleepking:
Wat are ur predictions In this season

Ah see khalessi not coming back to kings landing rather she will forge her own empire in the east

Stannis will align with marcus in order to wage war on kings landing

Khalessi has always wanted kings landing. Xo i dont think she will forge any empire in d east.
Re: Game Of Thrones is back! Season 5 starts tonight by 9pm by sleepking(m): 8:22pm On Apr 05, 2015
swagdopey:

Khalessi has always wanted kings landing. Xo i dont think she will forge any empire in d east.
she might want kings landing but will first want to conquer and rule all east before she sets for west... but dat will probably be in other forthcoming seasons not in dis season
Re: Game Of Thrones is back! Season 5 starts tonight by 9pm by Lordaweezy: 6:22am On Apr 06, 2015
CecyAdrian:

Give us the name of which u think is better,
Till den Game Of Throne is the best so far!!!

I disagree. Game of Throne's plot is wack. Its just an overhyped series.

Try 24,the originals, or even flash
Re: Game Of Thrones is back! Season 5 starts tonight by 9pm by fingard02k(m): 7:12am On Apr 06, 2015
Lordaweezy:

Gosh..
You're comparing Originals and flash to GoT?
Maybe iz Easter hangover that is talking

4 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones is back! Season 5 starts tonight by 9pm by sleepking(m): 9:52am On Apr 06, 2015
Lordaweezy:

well u just shown ur level of intellect in terms of movies and I must say I haven't quite one as low as yours.

comparing GOT to originals and flash ??

Wow sad
Lordaweezy:

well u just shown ur level of intellect in terms of movies and I must say I haven't quite one as low as yours.

Wow

3 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones is back! Season 5 starts tonight by 9pm by LeSulk(m): 10:12am On Apr 06, 2015
I also like The Originals and the Flash,but they are nt half as unpredictable as Game Of Thrones.If I can predict the plot,then the movie will just be 'there' for me
Re: Game Of Thrones is back! Season 5 starts tonight by 9pm by LeSulk(m): 10:13am On Apr 06, 2015
Counting down to April 12th
Re: Game Of Thrones is back! Season 5 starts tonight by 9pm by naijaboiy: 6:03pm On Apr 06, 2015
Lordaweezy:

Seriously
Re: Game Of Thrones is back! Season 5 starts tonight by 9pm by Lordaweezy: 6:15pm On Apr 06, 2015
Didn't expect much reasonable comment from you guys.I know most of you are die hard fan boys.
Re: Game Of Thrones is back! Season 5 starts tonight by 9pm by Lordaweezy: 6:17pm On Apr 06, 2015
sleepking:

Wow sad

Wow

Why don't you add 24 in my comparism list....sire go and watch more movies and observe√
Re: Game Of Thrones is back! Season 5 starts tonight by 9pm by will007: 11:18pm On Apr 06, 2015
Kevin hart will be featuring in this new season as peter dinklage's shadow
Re: Game Of Thrones is back! Season 5 starts tonight by 9pm by sage1000: 8:14am On Apr 07, 2015
Lordaweezy:
Didn't expect much reasonable comment from you guys.I know most of you are die hard fan boys.

okay, mr reasonable in what way is any of those series better than GOT. Is it plot, characters, directing, cinematography, action, scale, dialogue, suspense or some other metric I didn't mention?
Or was it just your own personal preference and if that is the case, we can't really fault you for your taste however terrible it is although what were you expecting as reply in a thread named after GOT
Re: Game Of Thrones is back! Season 5 starts tonight by 9pm by Nobody: 9:35am On Apr 07, 2015
Seven Bloody Hells!
I can't wait to see Lord Commander Jon Snow. embarassed
Re: Game Of Thrones is back! Season 5 starts tonight by 9pm by sage1000: 9:41am On Apr 07, 2015
Austeenx:
Seven Bloody Hells!
I can't wait to see Lord Commander Jon Snow. embarassed

Yeah and d unfortunate incident that happens at the end of season.
Re: Game Of Thrones is back! Season 5 starts tonight by 9pm by ammyluv2002(f): 2:49pm On Apr 07, 2015
2kurupt:

No kidding, name yours let's compare.
Empire is the best

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones is back! Season 5 starts tonight by 9pm by kay9(m): 3:44pm On Apr 07, 2015
^^^
Guys please stop derailing.. Carry the "which tv series is best" argument to another thread abeg.

The things I'm looking forward to (based on what I grabbed from the trailer):

- Tyrion meeting Daenarys: The trailer implies it could happen this season, but i'm just keeping my fingers crossed. Meanwhile, who else has heard that Akinkunmi-Agbaje (hope I got the name) is on the cast?

- Drogon growing to full size: Mehnn, can't wait for this one smiley If I stretch my imagination a bit, I can almost see him flying over the Red Keep with Daeny a-back and gingerly toasting up Lannister and Tyrell bannermen. grin

- Meeting the Sand Snakes: From the trailer, apparently Jaime Lannister will be making that trip instead of whats-his-name of the Kings Guard.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones is back! Season 5 starts tonight by 9pm by 2kurupt(m): 5:08pm On Apr 07, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Empire is the best

Empire just premiered this January. Let's see if it's hype survives up to 5 seasons
Re: Game Of Thrones is back! Season 5 starts tonight by 9pm by Lordaweezy: 7:59pm On Apr 07, 2015
sage1000:

okay, mr reasonable in what way is any of those series better than GOT. Is it plot, characters, directing, cinematography, action, scale, dialogue, suspense or some other metric I didn't mention?
Or was it just your own personal preference and if that is the case, we can't really fault you for your taste however terrible it is although what were you expecting as reply in a thread named after GOT

I am a fan of GOT but I must honestly say the plot is wack.It started off interesting but the rest is becoming unbearable

P.S 24 is incomparable to this sh*t
Re: Game Of Thrones is back! Season 5 starts tonight by 9pm by kannymoore(m): 8:10pm On Apr 07, 2015
Lordaweezy:

I am a fan of GOT
but I must honestly say the plot is wack.It started off interesting but the rest is becoming unbearable

angry grin

YOU ARE A LIAR...

Fan kor....Boiling-Ring ni!!!

YOU ARE NO FAN ...AND NEVER HAVE BEEN A FAN IN YOUR VERY BRIEF EXISTENCE

Nonsense!!

Mtscheew!!

angry ...... grin
Re: Game Of Thrones is back! Season 5 starts tonight by 9pm by sage1000: 8:17pm On Apr 07, 2015
undecided
Lordaweezy:

I am a fan of GOT but I must honestly say the plot is wack.It started off interesting but the rest is becoming unbearable

while I think you are wrong I really am curious as to what you think is wack in d plot. At what point, what happened that made you consider it to be wack?

Your 24 comparison tho, a very superficial story following a main character that is clearly superhuman to fight implausible scenarios with no regard to logic or common sense is what you regard as d pinnacle of plotting?

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones is back! Season 5 starts tonight by 9pm by Forwetinnah: 10:37pm On Apr 07, 2015
will007:
Kevin hart will be featuring in this new season as peter dinklage's shadow

Kevin who..... gringringringringringringrin ; I'll have to wait to see that
Hope this is not a joke?
Can't imagine him acting anything serious..he should stick to Real Husbands of Hollywood

(1) (2) (Reply)

[WATCH] 5 Mythical Creatures Caught On Tape / Anikulapo: A Review / Who's Your Favorite Desperate House Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.