Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,210 members, 7,807,718 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:59 PM

22 Governorship Aspirants Dump PDP In Akwa Ibom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 22 Governorship Aspirants Dump PDP In Akwa Ibom (1641 Views)

I Will Dump PDP If Sherrif Wins At The Supreme Court – Fayose / Ondo APC Governorship Aspirants Woo Delegates With N300k, N500k Each - Punch / 22 GOVERNORSHIP ASPIRANTS DEFECT FROM PDP TO APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

22 Governorship Aspirants Dump PDP In Akwa Ibom by Gbawe: 7:36am On Jan 09, 2015
http://www.punchng.com/politics/22-governorship-aspirants-dump-pdp-in-akwa-ibom/

22 governorship aspirants dump PDP in Akwa Ibom

JANUARY 9, 2015 BY ETIM EKPIMAH 48 COMMENTS

Twenty two aggrieved governorship aspirants of the Peoples Democratic Party in Akwa Ibom State, otherwise known as G22, have finally defected from PDP to All Progressives Congress.

They will meet the APC’s presidential candidate, Major-Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, on Monday, January 12, 2015.

It was learnt that the 22 governorship aspirants of the PDP in the controversial December 8, 2014 primary in the state decided to defect from PDP to the APC on Wednesday.

One of the aspirants, who spoke on condition of anonymity with our correspondent on Thursday, said their decision was based on the way they were treated by the PDP in the state.

The aspirant also said President Goodluck Jonathan could not find a solution to the crisis.

He said the crisis came to a head on January 6, 2015 when Jonathan, after scheduling to meet with them, later declined.

The aspirant said, “The President’s last minute decision was said to have been masterminded by a fifth columnist.

“It could be recalled that the (members of) the G22 have been in Abuja since December 9, 2014. Both the party leadership and the President are playing games with them without finding a political solution to the issues and without using the party’s mechanism to redress their complaints.

“This inhuman treatment is only meted out to G22. How could the President, who had met with individuals like Senator (Musiliu) Obanikoro and Senator Ifeanyi Araraume not meet 22 aspirants of the party? Is the President saying that they do not count? Then let us see how the party will win in Akwa Ibom State.”

The 22 aggrieved PDP aspirants had on December 8, 2014 protested against the governorship primaries, saying the exercise lacked transparency.

The aspirants had accused the party of using a fake delegates’ list.

They also alleged that the party leadership did not disclose the venue of the primaries to other aspirants before the time of the election.
Re: 22 Governorship Aspirants Dump PDP In Akwa Ibom by Jilo83(m): 7:42am On Jan 09, 2015
Pdp don enter one chance
Re: 22 Governorship Aspirants Dump PDP In Akwa Ibom by thiefnubu(m): 7:43am On Jan 09, 2015
Failure is indeed an orphan embarassed

Too many people abandoning the sinking ship....

Seems the Otueke fisherman is being left to sink alone....

Chaiiiii.... DIARIS GODU OOOO embarassed .....

THE HANDWRITING ON THE WALL IS NOW SO CLEAR....

2 Likes

Re: 22 Governorship Aspirants Dump PDP In Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 7:44am On Jan 09, 2015
Theives changing bands. Do they now automatically become progressives?

1 Like

Re: 22 Governorship Aspirants Dump PDP In Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 7:44am On Jan 09, 2015
I thought akpabio was boasting on TV yesterday that they were going nowhere. In thesame event, jimi agbaje insulted all yorubas by saying lagos would have been a village if not for the impact of non-indigenes. We await you the bastar,d at the polls.

2 Likes

Re: 22 Governorship Aspirants Dump PDP In Akwa Ibom by Collynzo9: 8:19am On Jan 09, 2015
eighTHREAD:
I thought akpabio was boasting on TV yesterday that they were going nowhere. In thesame event, jimi agbaje insulted all yorubas by saying lagos would have been a village if not for the impact of non-indigenes. We await you the bastar,d at the polls.
Nonsense, when he said non-indegenes, he also had Yorubas like you who aren't from Lagos in mind.
I wonder how that is an insult to all Yorubas.
Are you a Lagos indigene?
Tinubu, Fashola, Ambode weren't Lagos indigenes originally, so the man is right.

2 Likes

Re: 22 Governorship Aspirants Dump PDP In Akwa Ibom by Collynzo9: 8:22am On Jan 09, 2015
As usual from Punch, someone is speaking under the condition of anonymity.
Take the story serious at your own peril.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 22 Governorship Aspirants Dump PDP In Akwa Ibom by Atouke: 8:27am On Jan 09, 2015
Good news apc is aggrieved people congress let all aggrieved politicians decamp to APC. It Will not win them election.

1 Like

Re: 22 Governorship Aspirants Dump PDP In Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 8:30am On Jan 09, 2015
Collynzo9:

Nonsense, when he said non-indegenes, he also had Yorubas like you who aren't from Lagos in mind.
I wonder how that is an insult to all Yorubas.
Are you a Lagos indigene?
Tinubu, Fashola, Ambode weren't Lagos citizens originally, so the man is right.
shut up ibo man! What do you know about yorubas? Do you think we discriminate against each other like you do in alaigbo? Am a non-indigene but more eligible to lagos affairs than a non-odua. The non-indigenes he was talking about are the non-yorubas. But if he was talking about the yorubas that aren't indigenes, then he just shot himself in the foot cos he has proven to be a bastard that shouldn't be allowed near the corridors of power.
Re: 22 Governorship Aspirants Dump PDP In Akwa Ibom by Collynzo9: 8:31am On Jan 09, 2015
eighTHREAD:
[s]shut up ibo man! What do you know about yorubas? Do you think we discriminate against each other like you do in alaigbo? Am a non-indigene but more eligible to lagos affairs than a non-odua. The non-indigenes he was talking about are the non-yorubas. But if he was talking about the yorubas that aren't indigenes, then he just shot himself in the foot cos he has proven to be a bastard that shouldn't be allowed near the corridors of power.[/s]
The non-indigenes he was talking about are people whose state of Origin isn't Lagos and that includes Ogbomosho people like you.
You know it!
saying that they helped develop Lagos does not amount to shooting himself on the foot.

1 Like

Re: 22 Governorship Aspirants Dump PDP In Akwa Ibom by maestroferddi: 8:31am On Jan 09, 2015
It is your choice to face reality or allow yourself get hoodwinked by some Lagos press who don't know jack about the goings-on in the rest of Nigeria.

Akpabio is completely in charge in Akwa Ibom. The state is literally a no-go area for APC or Buharia.

Forget the charade. February is almost here to put things in perspective.
Re: 22 Governorship Aspirants Dump PDP In Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 8:32am On Jan 09, 2015
Collynzo9:
As usual from Punch, someone is speaking under the condition of anonymity.
Take the story serious at your own peril.
whether you like it or not, they have decamped grin
Re: 22 Governorship Aspirants Dump PDP In Akwa Ibom by Collynzo9: 8:34am On Jan 09, 2015
eighTHREAD:
whether you like it or not, they have decamped grin
They will come out any moment from now to deny the story and the same punch will carry it.
I will remind you then.
Re: 22 Governorship Aspirants Dump PDP In Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 8:35am On Jan 09, 2015
Collynzo9:

The non-indigenes he was talking about are people who state of Origin isn't Lagos and that includes Ogbomosho people like you.
You know it!
lagos and the whole of yoruba land is my heritage. We are different from ibos who don't tolerate each other. You find an anambra man claiming superiority over an imo man while ngwa believes he's above the rest- too clannish.
Re: 22 Governorship Aspirants Dump PDP In Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 8:38am On Jan 09, 2015
Collynzo9:

The non-indigenes he was talking about are people who state of Origin isn't Lagos and that includes Ogbomosho people like you.
You know it!
saying that they helped develop Lagos does not amount to shooting himself on the foot.
saying lagos would have been a village if they weren't around amounts to shooting himself in the foot cos he just called all yorubas lazy. We'll meet him at the polls.
Re: 22 Governorship Aspirants Dump PDP In Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 8:40am On Jan 09, 2015
Collynzo9:

They will come out any moment from now to deny the story and the same punch will carry it.
I will remind you then.
I'll also remind you when they meet buhari on jan 12.
Re: 22 Governorship Aspirants Dump PDP In Akwa Ibom by maestroferddi: 8:42am On Jan 09, 2015
eighTHREAD:
lagos and the whole of yoruba land is my heritage. We are different from ibos who don't tolerate each other. You find an anambra man claiming superiority over an imo man while ngwa believes he's above the rest- too clannish.
Forget that thing...

Are Ogun/Ijebu people not claiming superiority over other Yorubas?

What of the Alaafin vs Ooni squabble or Oyo vs Osun bickerings?

You guys like seeing motes in other people's eyes even when there are logs in your own eyes.

3 Likes

Re: 22 Governorship Aspirants Dump PDP In Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 8:45am On Jan 09, 2015
maestroferddi:
Forget that thing...

Are Ogun/Ijebu people not claiming superiority over other Yorubas?

What of the Alaafin vs Ooni squabble or Oyo vs Osun bickerings?

You guys like seeing motes in other people's eyes even when there are logs in your own eyes.
keep quiet! Ogun never and has never claimed superiority. As for Alaafin vs Ooni, that is a fight between kings, 2 individuals. I can't see where osun and oyo are fighting over superiority.

1 Like

Re: 22 Governorship Aspirants Dump PDP In Akwa Ibom by omenka(m): 8:47am On Jan 09, 2015

They will meet the APC’s presidential candidate,
Major-Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, on Monday,
January 12, 2015.
Music to my ears!! Even the SS might get split 50-50 between both parties this time. Let me see how far PDP can take their rigging to this time.
Re: 22 Governorship Aspirants Dump PDP In Akwa Ibom by san316(m): 8:55am On Jan 09, 2015
Alhamdulillah!
just want this to be my first post after my ban. if not, I for curse that person way ban me papa.

Alhamdulillah :DAlhamdulillah!
just want this to be my first post after my ban. if not, I for curse that person way ban me papa.

Alhamdulillah
Re: 22 Governorship Aspirants Dump PDP In Akwa Ibom by bettercreature(m): 8:55am On Jan 09, 2015
Nigeria! there should be a law against defection,...i dont like all this ...PDP=APC,
Re: 22 Governorship Aspirants Dump PDP In Akwa Ibom by NoreenUG(f): 8:55am On Jan 09, 2015
how can they "dump" pdp when pdp already dumped them?
the governorship aspirants all vied for the seat against Udom who eventually won. Pdp has made the choice.

But it doesn't surprise me that they have all trooped to apc which, as we all know, is a dumping ground for pdp's expired waste products (eg. is that fct aspirant who became a "progressive" after she lost in pdp)
Re: 22 Governorship Aspirants Dump PDP In Akwa Ibom by 100Cents: 1:16pm On Jan 09, 2015
I have been looking at this topic yesterday, I didn't make sense. PDP cannot have more than one Governorship aspirant in the state.

So those who aren't favoured can check elae where..
Re: 22 Governorship Aspirants Dump PDP In Akwa Ibom by 100Cents: 1:17pm On Jan 09, 2015
APC is a party filled with disgruntled elements..

The above story lends credence..

1 Like

Re: 22 Governorship Aspirants Dump PDP In Akwa Ibom by Collynzo9: 8:24pm On Jan 30, 2015
eighTHREAD:
I'll also remind you when they meet buhari on jan 12.
Segun 3 weeks later, what happened?
I told you didn't I?
APC is propaganda and propaganda is APC
Re: 22 Governorship Aspirants Dump PDP In Akwa Ibom by jmoore(m): 8:35pm On Jan 30, 2015
G22 indeed. grin
Re: 22 Governorship Aspirants Dump PDP In Akwa Ibom by helinues: 8:37pm On Jan 30, 2015
PDP, you see una life..
Re: 22 Governorship Aspirants Dump PDP In Akwa Ibom by Largeese(m): 8:39pm On Jan 30, 2015
Ok, the cookie crumbles
Re: 22 Governorship Aspirants Dump PDP In Akwa Ibom by iluvnaija: 8:53pm On Jan 30, 2015
After watching President Jonathans film of AIT and NTA, many Nigerians started asking the following questions.

Is this film the reason one dollar is now#205? Is the film the reason Nigerian youths were murdered while searching for Immigration job and no one was prosecuted? Is the film the reason 20 billion dollars disappeared?

Was it because Buharis first wife died that Nigerians are unemployed?

Was it because Buharis daughter died that the 2nd Niger bridge is not built?

Was it because Buhari is over 70yrs that our economy has collapsed?

Was it because of this film that over 200 girls were kidnapped yet Jonathan as the commander in chief of the Armed forces has no clue of their where about?

Was it because of this film that Jonathan has spent billions of dollars on power, yet no electricity?

Was it because of this film that Jonathan cannot provide good medical care? Was it because of this film that Jonathan cannot complete the east West Road leading to his house?

Was it because of this film that there is no power supply in President Jonathan village for more than a year?

Was it because of this film that 16 is greater than 19 in Jonathan administration?

Failed advert on a failed administration. On GMB I stand!

(1) (Reply)

The Internet Reacted To Mugabe's Fall With Funny Memes, Tweets And Videos! / Naira Will Soon Sell At 300naira To A Dollar / A Wonderful Poem Dedicated To President-elect Muhammadu Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.