Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,997 members, 7,799,422 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:55 PM

Top Websites Every Student Must Know. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top Websites Every Student Must Know. (9093 Views)

What Every Nigerian Medical Student Must Experience In Medical School. / List Of Apps Every Student Must Have On Their Smartphones / 9 Websites Every Nigerian Student Should Know And Use (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top Websites Every Student Must Know. by sagaciousblog: 11:49am On Jan 09, 2015
I am quite surprised when i see that 80% of Nigerian students use their gadgets to visit only facebook, whatsapp and 2go while some even use their tablet devices Only as camera during events. Am not against these things, in fact I do most of them but the big question is;how do you use your gadget? Apart from the websites above, which other website do you visit? how do you make use of the internet to your advantage as a student? Are you among those wasting their precious time on websites not beneficial to them? or perhaps you are one of those who stay online all day without learning any new thing. I have decided to create a list of websites that can serve as an invaluable tool in the educational advancement of any student. So make sure you explore them judiciously.

1. COURSERA: This is actually an e-learning platform. To me, this isn't just a website but an institution of boundless possibilities. Be you an Art or science student, you can take any course on this website that would give you an edge over your peers. Like one of my mentors would say "formal education can make you rich but self education will make you a fortune". So what are you waiting for? Visit www.coursers.org today.

2. NAIRALAND: hmmm! I am actually an addict of this one. The forum is a conglomeration of the good,bad,beautiful and ugly ones of the society. Since I registered on this platform,there is no university in Nigeria that I go to and don't meet a nairalander and they have always proved to be very useful.Though some information on the website are subject to verification, the calibre of scholars on the forum is a force to reckon with. www.nairaland.com

3. EDUREGARD: No. 1 online educational platform for students and education enthusiasts. The only platform with so much regards for education ranging from primary through secondary, undergraduate and post graduate level.

4. LINKEDIN: this is a great platform to meet with professionals. I bet you won't regret any moment spent here. www.Linkedin.com

5. MYSCHOOL: Although they recently started doing some copy and paste stuff, the website is really useful to students preparing for their high school exams as well as college entrance exams. www.myschool.com.ng

6. EDX: this is also a greet online learning platform almost similar to coursers. www.edx.org
   The list is inexhaustible but those above are my favourites. You are free to add yours by commenting below.

Source:
http://sagaciousblog..com

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Top Websites Every Student Must Know. by chacoonder(m): 12:55pm On Jan 09, 2015
google.com....the most resourceful of all.

2 Likes

Re: Top Websites Every Student Must Know. by sagaciousblog: 1:24pm On Jan 09, 2015
chacoonder:
google.com....the most resourceful of all.
ooh! Thanks.
Re: Top Websites Every Student Must Know. by liveyourlife: 2:25pm On Jan 09, 2015

[url=http://] Classroom .ng[/url] connecting Students with their Teachers since 1804 B.C.

Get on [url=http://][/url]

1 Like

Re: Top Websites Every Student Must Know. by Karleb(m): 2:40pm On Jan 09, 2015
Edx is șhyte, Nairaland education section and Myschool are like admission and campus jist sites, you can hardly find anything educational there apart from admission stuffs of course. LinkedIn is more of a professional and employment website, if you are not a graduate you can hardly grasp what they are talking about there. But there many educational sites out there and why they didn't make Op's list is what I don't know. undecided

1 Like

Re: Top Websites Every Student Must Know. by Skykid1208(m): 2:47pm On Jan 09, 2015
Karleb:
Edx is șhyte, Nairaland education section and Myschool are like admission and campus jist sites, you can hardly find anything educational there apart from admission stuffs of course. LinkedIn is more of a professional and employment website, if you are not a graduate you can hardly grasp what they are talking about there. But there many educational sites out there and why they didn't make Op's list is what I don't know. undecided

Since you know about those so called sites why don't you list them here, all you just did was to condemn the op who is trying to help in his own way.

Some people self smh!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Top Websites Every Student Must Know. by killercute16(m): 2:51pm On Jan 09, 2015
Karleb:
You can also help by posting yours
Re: Top Websites Every Student Must Know. by Karleb(m): 3:11pm On Jan 09, 2015
Skykid1208:

Since you know about those so called sites why don't you list them here, all you just did was to condemn the op who is trying to help in his own way.

Some people self smh!!!!!!

My previous comment was from my own personal experience with those sites and did you notice that I didn't talk about courses.org and that medical site? That's because I never visited them. The OP should have done his assignment before creating this thread because the last time I checked, he's a blogger.

Oh! You want a resourceful website, why don't you click www.google.com ?
Re: Top Websites Every Student Must Know. by Chuksemi(m): 3:49pm On Jan 09, 2015
Power tussle
Re: Top Websites Every Student Must Know. by emmyw(m): 4:00pm On Jan 09, 2015
Well you just listed websites that you know/visit
Re: Top Websites Every Student Must Know. by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jan 09, 2015
no mind dem na 2dey visit waptrick dem know
Re: Top Websites Every Student Must Know. by Armanice(m): 5:31pm On Jan 09, 2015
As true as ur post, I still see some element of rubbish www.myschool.com.ng total rubbish, u just can't judge d other social media cause some people get resourceful info more than what u just listed
Re: Top Websites Every Student Must Know. by borntosave: 5:49pm On Jan 09, 2015
Nice one
Re: Top Websites Every Student Must Know. by Pheals(f): 6:34pm On Jan 09, 2015
Some guys ar out there waitin 4 mojo website
Re: Top Websites Every Student Must Know. by Skykid1208(m): 6:38pm On Jan 09, 2015
Karleb:

My previous comment was from my own personal experience with those sites and did you notice that I didn't talk about courses.org and that medical site? That's because I never visited them. The OP should have done his assignment before creating this thread because the last time I checked, he's a blogger.

Like I don't know Google
Re: Top Websites Every Student Must Know. by samkolo(m): 7:54pm On Jan 09, 2015
nice
Re: Top Websites Every Student Must Know. by hayoakins(m): 9:07pm On Jan 09, 2015
I am a graduate of the University of Google and YouTube

You omited those sites.
Re: Top Websites Every Student Must Know. by ellalina(f): 9:37pm On Jan 09, 2015
I love listverse and viralnova
Then erotic story sites
Am being real here
And the father of all
Wikipedia

2 Likes

Re: Top Websites Every Student Must Know. by adeoladrg(m): 9:50pm On Jan 09, 2015
I visit SDN(Student doctor) every week.. Cool!

LinkedIn too. But I don't know how to use my connections.

1 Like

Re: Top Websites Every Student Must Know. by tdayof(m): 10:48pm On Jan 09, 2015
Engineering students
www.students3k.com

1 Like

Re: Top Websites Every Student Must Know. by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jan 09, 2015
Re: Top Websites Every Student Must Know. by Fash20: 11:21pm On Jan 09, 2015
mo gbor

1 Like

Re: Top Websites Every Student Must Know. by sagaciousblog: 11:27pm On Jan 09, 2015
Karleb:

lol,,you can help out by telling us more websites..we are all here to learn
Re: Top Websites Every Student Must Know. by sagaciousblog: 11:30pm On Jan 09, 2015
hayoakins:
I am a graduate of the University of Google and YouTube

You omited those sites.
grin am sorry sir
Re: Top Websites Every Student Must Know. by Adex097: 11:44pm On Jan 09, 2015
Re: Top Websites Every Student Must Know. by Abdulpro1(m): 11:53pm On Jan 09, 2015
Very enlightening piece I must say,tanx op
Re: Top Websites Every Student Must Know. by sagaciousblog: 8:32am On Jan 10, 2015
Re: Top Websites Every Student Must Know. by sagaciousblog: 8:39am On Jan 10, 2015
tdayof:
Engineering students
www.students3k.com
I will check this one out.
Re: Top Websites Every Student Must Know. by VictorOme(f): 9:31am On Jan 10, 2015
In terms of Educational Issues, Like, Admission Stuff, JAMB solution, Ebooks Guide, I would recommend www.myedu.ng

And as for Scholarship Information, I will also recommend www.myedu.ng and www.mycollege.com.ng

I hope my recommendations are useful and meaningful........

Thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jamb Re Uploading Of O Level Result Is Closing Tooday / Thesis And Dissertation Writing Service For International Schools, Hire a writer / Optical Illusion Images That Will Make You Go Crazy!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.