Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,203 members, 7,780,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:02 PM

My Girlfriend Is Too Proud - Dating And Meet-up Zone - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / My Girlfriend Is Too Proud (7418 Views)

Advice Me: My Girlfriend Is Seeing Another Guy Whom Her Mother Approves Of / A Girlfriend Is Needed / My Girlfriend Didnt Wish Me Happy New Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Girlfriend Is Too Proud by iampartyboy(m): 12:20pm On Jan 09, 2015
Please I need your advice. i've been dating my gf for 2years now and I do almost everything for her regarding her needs. one of the things she's always doing that's always getting me mad is "being too proud". Anytime I tried to correct her concerning her attitude she will still expect me to apologise to her. She feels too big to say the word "sorry". The last time she talked to me rudely I ended up warning her to mind the way she talks to me. Instead of her correcting herself she walked out on me and because of that we didn't talk for a while. The next message I received from her was that she's already made up her mind and she's tired of the relationship. I only replied "ok". For my church mind I knew she's still expecting me to come and say sorry to her which is not going to happen kuz i'm tired of her being so pompous as i've tried to correct her so many times but it seems she's not going to change but I still love her. Do you think I should let her go kuz it can't continue this way even if we're to come back together. Please advice me on this or is there something I'm not doing right?
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Proud by dazzlingd(m): 12:50pm On Jan 09, 2015
picture of ur gf before I comment

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Proud by iampartyboy(m): 1:05pm On Jan 09, 2015
dazzlingd:
picture of ur gf before I comment
grin
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Proud by yorex2011: 2:44pm On Jan 09, 2015
If she's made up her mind.. Then u leave her na... No go dey give urself stroke cos of woman
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Proud by iampartyboy(m): 3:10pm On Jan 09, 2015
yorex2011:
If she's made up her mind.. Then u leave her na... No go dey give urself stroke cos of woman
Abi? thanks bruv
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Proud by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jan 09, 2015
iampartyboy:
Abi? thanks bruv
Shows clearly that you can't handle a relationship. You don't necessarily need to say sorry, there are other ways to make her apologise for her actions though it will take a really matured and humble guy to do so.
Invite her to your place or any eatery and iron issues like lovers. Don't allow pride destroy your relationship.
No one is perfect
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Proud by 100Cents: 4:04pm On Jan 09, 2015
3cycle:

Shows clearly that you can't handle a relationship. You don't necessarily need to say sorry, there are other ways to make her apologise for her actions though it will take a really matured and humble guy to do so.
Invite her to your place or any eatery and iron issues like lovers. Don't allow pride destroy your relationship.
No one is perfect

Eatery ?

Wetin concern food with this guy matter ?

Ladies undecided

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Proud by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jan 09, 2015
100Cents:

Eatery ?

Wetin concern food with this guy matter ?

Ladies undecided
This is 2015 stop being stingy. undecided
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Proud by 100Cents: 4:08pm On Jan 09, 2015
3cycle:

This is 2015 stop being stingy. undecided

Please, she is his girlfriend..

She can cook..
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Proud by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jan 09, 2015
100Cents:

Please, she is his girlfriend..

She can cook..
Cook when they have issues to settle?
Where are u from?
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Proud by 100Cents: 4:13pm On Jan 09, 2015
3cycle:

Cook when they have issues to settle?
Where are u from?

South East; you also mentioned iron.

Why do you wanna burden this guy financially ?
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Proud by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jan 09, 2015
100Cents:

South East; you also mentioned iron.

Why do you wanna burden this guy financially ?
I thought you were from Niger republic undecided
How is inviting her over a burden? You are one of the reasons why people think igbo boys are stingy
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Proud by 100Cents: 4:25pm On Jan 09, 2015
3cycle:

I thought you were from Niger republic undecided
How is inviting her over a burden? You are one of the reasons why people think igbo boys are stingy

Was it not an Igbo girl who went to school at the expense of an igbo guy only to dump him on their wedding day ?

What saith thou ?
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Proud by 100Cents: 4:29pm On Jan 09, 2015
iampartyboy:
Please I need your advice. i've been dating my gf for 2years now and I do almost everything for her regarding her needs. one of the things she's always doing that's always getting me mad is "being too proud". Anytime I tried to correct her concerning her attitude she will still expect me to apologise to her. She feels too big to say the word "sorry". The last time she talked to me rudely I ended up warning her to mind the way she talks to me. Instead of her correcting herself she walked out on me and because of that we didn't talk for a while. The next message I received from her was that she's already made up her mind and she's tired of the relationship. I only replied "ok". For my church mind I knew she's still expecting me to come and say sorry to her which is not going to happen kuz i'm tired of her being so pompous as i've tried to correct her so many times but it seems she's not going to change but I still love her. Do you think I should let her go kuz it can't continue this way even if we're to come back together. Please advice me on this or is there something I'm not doing right?

Having handled 2 proud ladies before now, I know what you talking about.

Use carrot and stick method. I guess you already love her. But does she love you ? If not she will dump you.

Like you said she is always waiting for you to beg. Leave her for one week and see what happens. Then call her..
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Proud by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jan 09, 2015
100Cents:

Was it not an Igbo girl who went to school at the expense of an igbo guy only to dump him on their wedding day ?

What saith thou ?
All ladies aren't same.
@op be smart in handling issues pls don't listen to 100 cent if possible cook and invite her over.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Proud by iampartyboy(m): 6:27pm On Jan 09, 2015
3cycle:

No one is perfect
As i've stated above its been going on for 2years and i've been trying to talk some sense into her. still she won't change
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Proud by iampartyboy(m): 6:31pm On Jan 09, 2015
100Cents:

Having handled 2 proud ladies before now, I know what you talking about.

Use carrot and stick method. I guess you already love her. But does she love you ? If not she will dump you.

Like you said she is always waiting for you to beg. Leave her for one week and see what happens. Then call her..

Alright thanks. I will surely do that. *counting down 7 days*
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Proud by iampartyboy(m): 6:32pm On Jan 09, 2015
3cycle:

All ladies aren't same.
@op be smart in handling issues pls don't listen to 100 cent if possible cook and invite her over.
We're like 300KM apart for now
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Proud by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jan 09, 2015
iampartyboy:

We're like 300KM apart for now
I hate long distance relationships
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Proud by shegxi(m): 9:29am On Jan 10, 2015
Op,u mean 2yrs and she has bn like dat,dn't even call her jare, just free her since u knw u can't deal wit her pride. Except she genuinly changes, if u go n like dat, den u will have onli ursef to blame in d future. Go to d family section nd go read unfortunate stories of so many unhappy married people because they chose to ignore a trait they didn't like in dere spouse while dating.
Yes nobody is perfect bt wen u have obviously identified somting u clearly can't live with,my broda just ignore her and let d relationship just go like dat jare. Love is nt enuf,sense is needed.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Proud by selingel: 10:50am On Jan 10, 2015
Hmm....
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Proud by iampartyboy(m): 11:41am On Jan 11, 2015
shegxi:
Op,u mean 2yrs and she has bn like dat,dn't even call her jare, just free her since u knw u can't deal wit her pride. Except she genuinly changes, if u go n like dat, den u will have onli ursef to blame in d future. Go to d family section nd go read unfortunate stories of so many unhappy married people because they chose to ignore a trait they didn't like in dere spouse while dating.
Yes nobody is perfect bt wen u have obviously identified somting u clearly can't live with,my broda just ignore her and let d relationship just go like dat jare. Love is nt enuf,sense is needed.
thanks boss
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Proud by iampartyboy(m): 11:42am On Jan 11, 2015
selingel:
Hmm....
let's know what's on your mind. spit it out
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Proud by sunboy(m): 11:56am On Jan 11, 2015
shegxi:

God bless your intellect. I use to date a girl like that for two years plus,who I do everything I can to make her happy but doesn't make her change. She would tell me she's even tired whenever we get issue, one day I just swallowed my mumu love and gather courage to let go, till then I didn't hear from her again till date. My candid advice; just let her be give her time try 1-2 weeks see if she go succumb and come to her senses if she no come back brother just move on already, that means she's truly tired just couldn't face u to tell u.
We can't cope with all traits, just find out traits u think you can keep up with else u go just they give yourself headache and remember not all traits can change.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Proud by iampartyboy(m): 12:29pm On Jan 11, 2015
Where are the ladies @? Ur advices are needed please . @ireneony @mhizvee etc

Rocktation , farano , pasqal09 FP please
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Proud by Proudnsexy: 11:04pm On Apr 30, 2020
U need to be strict with her.if she still doesn't listen to u then u can punish her in bed but not too much. For that u have to b muscular n hunk. That's What my boyfriend does to me. He takes me for a ride in bed n then I end up getting fever n that's when I eventually give in. Basically u need to b a good dominant but also don't forget to reward her with gifts whenever she obeys or listens to u.if it still dosent work then I will ask my boyfriend to contact u.Cheers!

(1) (Reply)

Nairalanders In Canada / This Handsome Guy Is Single,and Searching For A Half Caste. / Happy Birthday To Mhyra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.