Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,867 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:17 AM

North/West States, Bauchi, Akwa Ibom, Abia Lead In PVC Collection - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / North/West States, Bauchi, Akwa Ibom, Abia Lead In PVC Collection (18745 Views)

Peterside In Early Lead In Rivers - The Nation / PDP In Early Lead In Ekiti / Card Reader Test: We Scored 100% In PVC Verification – INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

North/West States, Bauchi, Akwa Ibom, Abia Lead In PVC Collection by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jan 09, 2015
AS controversy rages over the issuance of the permanent voter cards (PVCs), the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has disclosed that 38,774,391 million voters, as of Wednesday, had collected the mandatory identity for voting in the February general election as of Wednesday.

It also noted that a total of 54,341,610 million PVCs were received in the 36 states of the federation and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), leaving an outstanding 15,567,219 PVCs to be collected.

The collected PVCs represented 71.35 per cent of the total released for collection in all the states and Abuja.

In the breakdown of the PVC collection analysis obtained from INEC, northern states had the highest percentage of collection, while southern states and Abuja took the rear.

While the North-West states of Jigawa, Katsina, Kano and Sokoto had collection percentage of over 80 per cent, South-West states of Lagos, Ogun, Oyo had collection percentage of slightly over 50 per cent.

However, southern states of Akwa-Ibom and Abia also had impressive collection statistics of over 80 per cent.

Of particular note is the FCT, with the lowest collection percentage of 48.44, leaving 438,425 uncollected out of a total 850,360.

Jigawa topped the highest collection statistics with 94.12 per cent rate. Of the 1,551,831 million PVCs received in the state, 1,460,620 million had been collected, leaving a paltry 91,211.

It was closely followed by Sokoto and Kano, with 86.67 per cent and 86.63 per cent respectively. Of the 1,398,010 million PVCs in Sokoto, 1,211,717 had been collected, leaving an outstanding of 186,293, while Kano recorded 2,771,185 million collection out of 3,198,859, leaving 427,674 as outstanding.

Lagos, with highest number of available PVCs in the country, having 4,000,000 voters, recorded a collection of 53.98 per cent, leading to 2,159,091 million collected and 1,840,909 yet to be collected.

Insurgency-torn Borno State, however, has zero PVC allocation and consequently none distributed in the state.

Yobe and Adamawa, which are also Boko-Haram infested, incidentally had PVC allocation, with Yobe having an impressive 81.33 per cent collection rate, amounting to 740,336 being collected out of a total of 910,330, leaving only 169,994.

Collection rate in Adamawa is, however, average with 59.64 per cent, leading to 912,312 cards collected out of a total of 1,529,636, with 617,324 as outstanding.

In President Goodluck Jonathan’s home state of Bayelsa, 370,062 PVCs had been collected out of a total of 465,902, leaving an outstanding of 95,840. The collection percentage is 79.43.

In Katsina, the home-state of his main challenger, General Muhammadu Buhari of the All Progressives Congress (APC), the collection percentage was 82.61 per cent, as 1,965,840 million PVCs had been picked up out of the available 2,379,766 million, leaving 413,926 as outstanding.

In Kaduna, home-state of Vice President Namadi Sambo, an impressive 82,10 per cent was recorded, with 2,643,517 million PVCs already collected out of a total of 3,219,994 million, leaving an outstanding of 576,477.

Rivers has 64.06 per cent collection rate, with 1,253,606 million PVCs already collected out of a total of 1,956,983 million, leaving an outstanding of 703,377.

Lagos has the highest number of available PVCs, followed by Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Oyo, Rivers and Delta respectively.

Chief Press Secretary to the INEC chairman, Mr Kayode Idowu, however, noted that the distribution of PVCs continued at local government offices of INEC at the end of the three-day exercise at polling unit level.

He said the turnout of the people to collect the PVCs was not the making of INEC, adding that the statistics showed 28 out of the 36 states, including the FCT, was not yet a complete picture.

Over 300,000 unclaimed PVCs in Ekiti

In Ekiti State, INEC said there are over 300,000 unclaimed PVCs in its custody, ahead the general election in February.

INEC, reacting to a demand at a stakeholders’ meeting on the election in Ado Ekiti, said the voter cards were there waiting for the people to collect.

The administrative secretary of INEC in the state, Elder Femi Agboola, who announced this while reacting to a question during the meeting, said the cards are “scattered in all the 16 local government areas of Ekiti State.”

Agboola declared that people still demanding for the cards had “up till the end of the month to claim their cards,” saying “some people will come in February after the deadline and claim that they were not aware of the deadline or that they travelled or would come up with different excuses.”
http://www.tribune.com.ng/news/top-stories/item/26263-n-west-states-bauchi-akwa-ibom-abia-lead-in-pvc-collection-fct-lagos-imo-anambra-ogun-oyo-take-rear/26263-n-west-states-bauchi-akwa-ibom-abia-lead-in-pvc-collection-fct-lagos-imo-anambra-ogun-oyo-take-rear

1 Like 1 Share

Re: North/West States, Bauchi, Akwa Ibom, Abia Lead In PVC Collection by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jan 09, 2015
Registered voters that are yet to take their voters card should go to their respective INEC LG HQ to collect theirs.

Registered voters that misplaced their temporary voters card should also go to their respective INEC LG HQ along with a passport photograph and any Identification.

Eligible voters that are yet to be registered should go to their respective INEC LG Hq to get registered.

Eligible voters that no longer reside in the state, region or LG that they registered should go to the INEC office in the LG they reside and apply for change. Please go along with your PVC.

Collection of PVC will end 31/01/2015
cc- Seun Ngwakwe Obinoscopy ishilove

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: North/West States, Bauchi, Akwa Ibom, Abia Lead In PVC Collection by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:30pm On Jan 09, 2015
GEJ's loss is on course.

21 Likes

Re: North/West States, Bauchi, Akwa Ibom, Abia Lead In PVC Collection by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jan 09, 2015
Clearly APC's stronghold lead the pack in PVC's collection despite ZERO collection in Borno State. Lagosians need to go out and take their PVCs

20 Likes

Re: North/West States, Bauchi, Akwa Ibom, Abia Lead In PVC Collection by lionness(f): 2:31pm On Jan 09, 2015
Down here in Ikorodu: I have queued for a whole day, woken as early as 6AM to go and collect my PVC...I got nada.
I just hope I am not been systematically disenfranchise by this clueless regime. JEGA and GEJ, you need to provide everyone who needs PVC one!
I cant wait to vote AWAY cluelessness!

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: North/West States, Bauchi, Akwa Ibom, Abia Lead In PVC Collection by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jan 09, 2015
Impressive,vote wisely Nigerians.

5 Likes

Re: North/West States, Bauchi, Akwa Ibom, Abia Lead In PVC Collection by theV0ice: 2:35pm On Jan 09, 2015
Hmmm....

There's a mistake we southerners make and that is the belief that the average northerner isn't aware. True he might not be aware of the latest eatery in town, latest gossip on E-news or the latest trend in fashion but when it comes to politics, dem no dey carry last.

I was in beneku-okpai in delta state 2 months ago and I pointed out a cattle rearer to my friend. The guy was looking tattered but had his radio close to his ears and you can bet your last naira that he wasn't listening to wizkid but BBC Hausa service or VOA. They know what's up politically.

I'm not surprised they lead in PVC collection. Most of my people shouting gej here don't even have temporary voters card talk less of collecting PVC. Imagine the whole bayelsa doesn't have up to 500k voters and how sure is gej that he'll get all?

How many southerners will stay and vote in the north? How many sef were interested enough to register? E go do everybody like film

Its only rigging on a grandiose scale that can help gej and I don't want to contemplate the consequences of that

81 Likes 7 Shares

Re: North/West States, Bauchi, Akwa Ibom, Abia Lead In PVC Collection by donphilopus: 2:36pm On Jan 09, 2015
Jonathan's strongholds have the lowest number of PVC's at hand. Some people would come here to tell us how Bayelsa and Abia Votes would return Jonathan to Aso Rock forgetting that Buhari controls Kano, Kaduna, Katsina et al. I would see if they would force Jonathan on us 'when' we vote him out come February!

44 Likes

Re: North/West States, Bauchi, Akwa Ibom, Abia Lead In PVC Collection by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jan 09, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
GEJ's loss is on course.
you wish.It is obvious that Apc has never really been a tough opposition to Pdp,that's why they keep ranting everyday to be relevant. If APC can just stop their propaganda for a day,Nigerians might just forget that PDP has an opposition.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: North/West States, Bauchi, Akwa Ibom, Abia Lead In PVC Collection by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jan 09, 2015
Nobleval:
you wish.It is obvious that Apc has never really been a tough opposition to Pdp,that's why they keep ranting everyday to be relevant. If APC can just stop their propaganda for a day,Nigerians might just forget that PDP has an opposition.
Sir, please spare us this tears!!! The defeat of Jonathan will be historic and it will be remembered as the worst defeat for an incumbent President

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: North/West States, Bauchi, Akwa Ibom, Abia Lead In PVC Collection by braine(m): 2:41pm On Jan 09, 2015
So when would others get theirs? Na wah o.
Re: North/West States, Bauchi, Akwa Ibom, Abia Lead In PVC Collection by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:42pm On Jan 09, 2015
Nobleval:
Are you not ashamed? Why is PDD digging the past of Buhari if they are not afraid? Before the APC primary election, I though you claimed that emergence of Buhari would be an easy win for Jonathan? Who between Buhari and Jonathan does more character assassination?

32 Likes

Re: North/West States, Bauchi, Akwa Ibom, Abia Lead In PVC Collection by donphilopus: 2:43pm On Jan 09, 2015
Nobleval:

What's this one saying?! Yea, we've been hearing all these. APC is not a tough opposition, yet David Mark warned the Presidency that he shouldn't joke with Buhari. Buhari is a formidable Opponent who any Candidate wouldn't pray to contest against!

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: North/West States, Bauchi, Akwa Ibom, Abia Lead In PVC Collection by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jan 09, 2015
braine:
So when would others get theirs? Na wah o.
Those that have registered should go to the INEC hq in their local government. From what INEC said, distribution will end 31/01/15. As for those who are yet to register but of age, they should equally go to their respective INEC LG Hq to do that.

2 Likes

Re: North/West States, Bauchi, Akwa Ibom, Abia Lead In PVC Collection by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jan 09, 2015
Lagos and rivers has to be addressed

4 Likes

Re: North/West States, Bauchi, Akwa Ibom, Abia Lead In PVC Collection by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jan 09, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Are you not ashamed? Why is PDD digging the past of Buhari if they are not afraid? Before the APC primary election, I though you claimed that emergence of Buhari would be an easy win for Jonathan? Who between Buhari and Jonathan does more character assassination?
Watching PDP campaign flagoff in Lagos and watching Jonathan "Crying" to young voters, I saw fear gripping all of them. Before him, a shameless Akpabio asked the rented crowd a funny question..."Do you want to go to jail?"

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: North/West States, Bauchi, Akwa Ibom, Abia Lead In PVC Collection by BRAV0O(m): 2:47pm On Jan 09, 2015
barcanista:
Clearly APC's stronghold lead the pack in PVC's collection despite ZERO collection in Borno State. Lagosians need to go out and take their PVCs
the PVC distribution system in lagos is too poor , APC need to be steadfast on that pls I learn that FG using the system to prevent apc supporters from voting!

10 Likes

Re: North/West States, Bauchi, Akwa Ibom, Abia Lead In PVC Collection by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jan 09, 2015
BRAV0O:
the PVC distribution system in lagos is too poor , APC need to be steadfast on that pls I learn that FG using the system to prevent apc supporters from voting!
Well, we are appealing to Nigerians to go to INEC offices in the LG they registered or the LG they reside to collect their PVCs or register for one which ever be the case

7 Likes

Re: North/West States, Bauchi, Akwa Ibom, Abia Lead In PVC Collection by BRAV0O(m): 2:52pm On Jan 09, 2015
barcanista:
Well, we are appealing to Nigerians to go to INEC offices in the LG they registered or the LG they reside to collect their PVCs or register for one which ever be the case
okay but I think many not well informed about the PVC since those inec agent close from the few days distribution many people , (I mean many) taught the distributing might be over so there's no vote from them , I think they'll still need to be informed ' maybe through some kind of jingles like that... Most lagosians live on streets and they don't really no what's going on

2 Likes

Re: North/West States, Bauchi, Akwa Ibom, Abia Lead In PVC Collection by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jan 09, 2015
donphilopus:

What's this one saying?! Yea, we've been hearing all these. APC is not a tough opposition, yet David Mark warned the Presidency that he shouldn't joke with Buhari. Buhari is a formidable Opponent who any Candidate wouldn't pray to contest against!
what David Mark or Mattew said doesn't matter,they're just politics. You have to look at what's on ground...the reality. Buhari is not a formidable opponent,forget the hypes and noises.

4 Likes

Re: North/West States, Bauchi, Akwa Ibom, Abia Lead In PVC Collection by Odutodaiwa: 2:54pm On Jan 09, 2015
Jonathan's destiny is sealed in 2015 election. He will be sent into the warm embrace of his people in Otuoke.

The only problem I have with this is that it portends great dangers to the balance of power South vs North as regards future elections in Nigeria.

If INEC can insist that PVC is used in 2015 election. I don't see how Jonathan can return all the millions of vote he claimed in 2011 election. Then, only SE & SS had over 80% voters turn out.

7 Likes

Re: North/West States, Bauchi, Akwa Ibom, Abia Lead In PVC Collection by stebell(m): 2:55pm On Jan 09, 2015
barcanista:
Clearly APC's stronghold lead the pack
in PVC's collection despite ZERO collection in Borno State. Lagosians
need to go out and take their PVCs

my broda, are yu insinuating that all those who collected the cards in Lagos State will vote Buhari. Hahaha, pls think again.

collection of voters card does not translate to victory for any candidate. hw many persons do yu think wud come out n vote.

GEJ Rocks.

10 Likes

Re: North/West States, Bauchi, Akwa Ibom, Abia Lead In PVC Collection by knightsTempler: 2:56pm On Jan 09, 2015
APC e- rats are in a joyous mood, cuz PVC collection is high in their stronghold state.

At least this will tell them that GEJ is a man of integrity, if it were the other way round, they would have swarm all over the internet like a bee crying like a toddler whose candy has been taken away.

So if GEJ should win, APC should accept it in good faith and not resort to violent or parallel government.

Shikena.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: North/West States, Bauchi, Akwa Ibom, Abia Lead In PVC Collection by rozayx5(m): 2:57pm On Jan 09, 2015
udom is right
gej till 2019

2 Likes

Re: North/West States, Bauchi, Akwa Ibom, Abia Lead In PVC Collection by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jan 09, 2015
stebell:

my broda, are yu insinuating that all those who collected the cards in Lagos State will vote Buhari. Hahaha, pls think again.
collection of voters card does not translate to victory for any candidate. hw many persons do yu think wud come out n vote.
GEJ Rocks.
Bro, I can assure you that at least 70% of people with PVCs in Lagos will participate in the election and General Muhammadu Tamumutonye Buhari will win at least 75% of Lagos vote if I am to be magnanimous to Jonathan

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: North/West States, Bauchi, Akwa Ibom, Abia Lead In PVC Collection by donphilopus: 2:59pm On Jan 09, 2015
Nobleval:
what David Mark or Mattew said doesn't matter,they're just politics. You have to look at what's on ground...the reality. Buhari is not a formidable opponent,forget the hypes and noises.

So you're now trynna tell us to ignore whatever David Mark says because you know more than him?! Can you please let us know the reality on the ground that we do not know?! Don't tell me you're still hoping on the SE/SS to deliver Jonathan after seeing the PVC's at hand!

9 Likes

Re: North/West States, Bauchi, Akwa Ibom, Abia Lead In PVC Collection by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jan 09, 2015
knightsTempler:
APC e- rats are in a joyous mood, cuz PVC collection is high in their stronghold state.

At least this will tell them that GEJ is a man of integrity, if it were the other way round, they would have swarm all over the internet like a bee crying like a toddler whose candy has been taken away.

[s]So if GEJ should win, APC should accept it in good faith and not resort to violent or parallel government.[/s]

Shikena.

Since when did Jonathan become Attahiru Jega? What we are saying is that Jonathan should steer clear off the electoral process through his attack dogs DSS and Police Force

5 Likes

Re: North/West States, Bauchi, Akwa Ibom, Abia Lead In PVC Collection by OAUTemitayo: 3:01pm On Jan 09, 2015
What of those that just registered when will their PVC be ready?
I can't wait to vote CHANGE.
barcanista:
Watching PDP campaign flagoff in Lagos and watching Jonathan "Crying" to young voters, I saw fear gripping all of them. Before him, a shameless Akpabio asked the rented crowd a funny question..."Do you want to go to jail?"

7 Likes

Re: North/West States, Bauchi, Akwa Ibom, Abia Lead In PVC Collection by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jan 09, 2015
OAUTemitayo:
What of those that just registered when will their PVC be ready?
I can't wait to vote CHANGE.
Those that just registered should go to their INEC's LG Office to collect their card
Re: North/West States, Bauchi, Akwa Ibom, Abia Lead In PVC Collection by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:03pm On Jan 09, 2015
barcanista:
Nothing was said at the TBS by PDP. I laughed when Sambo shouted "eko o ni baje."

1 Like

Re: North/West States, Bauchi, Akwa Ibom, Abia Lead In PVC Collection by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jan 09, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

ashamed of what? They have to dig it up because it's the right thing to do,this is politics and they have to remind Nigerians of the type of man they want to vote for...his past. Haven't you heard that our past sometimes define our future? And I think this is the case here,no matter what APC does to cover GMB ugly past,PDP will continue digging them up. NIGERIANS MUST VOTE WISELY AND NOT IN IGNORANCE. APC DOES MOST OF THE CHARACTER ASSASSINATION nowadays and you know that.

3 Likes

Re: North/West States, Bauchi, Akwa Ibom, Abia Lead In PVC Collection by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jan 09, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Nothing was said at the TBS by PDP. I laughed when Sambo shouted "eko o ni baje."
What about these

"The same way that PDP has governed other states is the same way I will govern Lagos State"--- Mr. Jimi Agbaje

"Are You Ready For A Change"- Olabode George

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photos Of Girls' Virginity Publicly Tested Before Choosing A Wife For Swaziland / Lagos And Abuja, Which Is A Better City? / 2023 Presidency: Buhari, Tinubu, Others To Agree On Zoning 2021, Says Ngige

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.