Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,499 members, 7,801,300 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:31 PM

The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP (25553 Views)

Photos Of Makarfi & His PDP Led Faction Members At Supreme Court Today / Hausa Man Contests For Councillor In Ebonyi Under PDP (Photos) / Picture Of Umuojima Road In Aba Under Construction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by kendyk: 10:57pm On Jan 09, 2015
i am from south east and i must confess that the people here are wiser now than before. jonathan is clueless and without clear vision for nigeria. he has caused a lot of division in nigeria. his campaign is full of lies and calumny. when buhari was head of state, he had more christian administrators than muslim administrators in the states. just sit down and think about what jona has been doing. the guy has failed us. i was one of the people that canvassed for him last time untill he removed the fuel subsidy on 1st jan 2012 and i told pple this guy has entered bush. we need change. pple in the south east will no longer vote out of sentiment again. even in 2011 most pple in south east knew buhari was better than jona. jona should go. far be it that the pple will esperience another 4 years of cluelessness, suffering and vicissitude under jonathan
Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jan 09, 2015
Saved2Serve:
[size=18pt]IF WE HAVE LOST UCHE OGAH THEN LET US HOLD ALEX OTII FIRMLY!!! THE TWO ARE WICKED COMBO![/size]
Nwanne uche gi dia.

1 Like

Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by kendyk: 11:03pm On Jan 09, 2015
Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by FKO81(m): 11:12pm On Jan 09, 2015
Adminisher:

By all means possible make sure APGA wins in Abia. I am an APC supporter but that is what my gut feeling tells me. My second advice, stay away from Jonathan. It is better yo abstain from presidential voting than vote for someone like Jonathan. He has had too much greatness thrust upon him and is merely struggling.
He will block the chance of an Ibo presidency for more than two decades besides if he wins which is not possible so it might be double loss for the east as the APC begins to see the region as not their catchment area for votes

You guys parading as Igbo are very silly, Igbo men and women in every part of this country will vote for GEJ. Igbos doesn't have future in APC

3 Likes

Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by parryon(f): 11:31pm On Jan 09, 2015
Numismatic:

What do you mean? You think an average ibo man will vote Buhari? Then you really don't know what you are saying..Apc lacks grass root structure in the east and whether you like it or not the ibos will generally vote for PDP..religion and tribe still plays a major role in the political choices people make down here..even in imo that is an Apc state, the masses will vote Rochas for governor and PDP for presidency..

Speak for yourself Oga....... I and my household,umunna,umu-adas, dioparas,Adannes,Adannas, village heads, Ezes will troop out en-mass and vote massively for APC on FeBUHARI 14th,not just voting,we shall also protect our votes! You know why? Because we hunger,thirst and seek change!!

Vote APC!
Vote Buhari/Osibanjo!!
Vote for Change!!!!

Buhari+APC=CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's go there!!!!

2 Likes

Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by Numismatic(m): 11:35pm On Jan 09, 2015
parryon:

Speak for yourself Oga....... I and my household,umunna,umu-adas, dioparas,Adannes,Adannas, village heads, Ezes will troop out en-mass and vote massively for APC on FeBUHARI 14th,not just voting,we shall also protect our votes! You know why? Because we hunger,thirst and seek change!!

Vote APC!
Vote Buhari/Osibanjo!!
Vote for Change!!!!

Buhari+APC=CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's go there!!!!

You Don forget say na one Pvc all of una get?? Abeg Park well joor I know say na likes you dey look for
Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by goodnewz4u(m): 11:36pm On Jan 09, 2015
Abia State is not ruled or lead by PDP, but by Theodore Orji.
So PDP didn't fail Abia (Aba) Theodore Orji failed Abia State.
....So if he wants or decides to work in Abia State, Nobody can stope him.

1 Like

Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by Locapito(m): 11:38pm On Jan 09, 2015
shachris03:

your ethnic sentiments is not allowing you to reason straight. GEJ has failed us, you admit, yet we should still vote him? Got me thinking, do we as igbos enjoy pain? I want to ask you something, which era did the igbos receive all the massive amenities that they now enjoy? Most of the roads in igbo land, during which era were they built? I don't know where you get your facts bro, but GEJ is not representing any ibo interest. He is just there for himself and his Ijaw nation. A sensible igbo would endorse competence before tribal affiliations. Its high time we drop the civil war stigma.
God bless u my brother. GEJ must be voted out so that incompetent leaders will know and fear the people's ability to ELECT, SELECT and DESELECT. Why should we endure another 4yrs simply because we fear the unknown. Let the unknown comes in and performs at the same level or worse, then we vote them out as well. And so on until our leaders start to lead well. This prodigal regime has failed and ruined this country with the help of his co pick pockets and thieves. Change must come or Nigeria will witness her own SPRING.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by hcupid(m): 11:40pm On Jan 09, 2015
Come to think of it,is it only goodluck & buhari that are running for the presidency. Our minds have been clouded to just the both of them. About the state of roads Op u don't expect goodluck to come fix a state road for you,I think rather you should be blaming the governor himself and not the party,u said the man of your choice would have been uche uga bt the party you are voting out is olxo the party he belongs to. Abia state has always been a pdp state & I believe doze roads wich wia good before where done by a pdp person in power then. My candid advice vote wisely and remember the devil you know is better than the angel you have being hearing about....
Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by hcupid(m): 11:41pm On Jan 09, 2015
goodnewz4u:
Abia State is not ruled or lead by PDP, but by Theodore Orji.
So PDP didn't fail Abia (Aba) Theodore Orji failed Abia State.
....So if he wants or decides to work in Abia State, Nobody can stope him.
Seconded

1 Like

Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by Abraham2013(m): 11:52pm On Jan 09, 2015
dejisky:

Typical Igboman . What is APGA what is PDP.
Bros don't say wat u don't know. Do u know who is APC's candidate for governor in abia? Can u compare him to alex oti of APGA? Look gone r d days people vote blindly for party. Dis days people vote for individual who will deliver dividends of democracy not some sily party. As far as am concerned, APGA will win abia state.

2 Likes

Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by slap1(m): 11:54pm On Jan 09, 2015
explorer250:
I also live in aba. But i must tell you that we should not vote someone because of his party,rather,on individuals personality and quality. For me and most aba citizens we are going for alex oti(apga),though initially our man was uche ogah(pdp) but oga orji rigged the primaries and installed his idol,formal asepa chairman, okezie ikpeazu
I've lived in Aba for at least 20 conscious years. The votes may not count but it'll be Alex Otti for governor and GEJ for president.
At SAHACO, during the last elections, someone was actually beaten up for merely saying he will vote Buhari. Forget the crowds, APC will never get up to 6% of the presidential votes in Abia State. Why would anyone vote Buhari in the east, anyway? Had been Rotimi Amaechi or Okorocha was his running mate, it would have been a different story. Like someone said, religion is a big factor. In Aba, APC is often seen as Boko Haram party.

3 Likes

Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by godwinkessi: 12:00am On Jan 10, 2015
dejisky:
later some conduit of corruption under GEJ will come and be ranting that GEJ will get 100% votes frm S/Eastern States, we are waiting.
Team Buhari.

Yes cos those Abia people don't have anything against PDP contrary to ur thought. They don't vote party, they vote individual, they'd vote PDP or APC presidency and APGA, APC, PDP, UPN or LP for either governorship or chiarmanship. The only place u people get it wrong is thinking that it's party that will rule instead of individuals. Meanwhile, let's stop killing ourselves for this politicians, they are using us to enrich themselves
Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by slap1(m): 12:04am On Jan 10, 2015
GEJ will also win in Imo and maybe Rivers State. The typical /average Igbo man (not the ones on nairaland without voters card) knows APC is NOT our party. When the elections start, it will be similar to an abomination to vote for Buhari.
Personally I deem both of them unqualified , but you know what they say about the devil you know?

3 Likes

Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by parryon(f): 12:11am On Jan 10, 2015
Numismatic:

You Don forget say na one Pvc all of una get?? Abeg Park well joor I know say na likes you dey look for

The dum*bes*t comment so far! How can we all share one PVC? Some people reasoning level sha!!

1 Like

Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by Alleinad(f): 12:12am On Jan 10, 2015
Christians please don't be careless in your vote. A vote for APC is a vote for Islamizing of Nigeria. A vote for PDP is a vote for freedom of worship. vote GEJ.

1 Like

Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by ceeceeco: 12:12am On Jan 10, 2015
Dat's why u guys have 2 fight against the state government 2 elect Uchechukwu Sampson Ogah the president of Masters Energy as the Governor of the state. T.A Orji is a shame & total disappointment.

1 Like

Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by Numismatic(m): 12:13am On Jan 10, 2015
parryon:

The dum*bes*t comment so far! How can we all share one PVC? Some people reasoning level sha!!

Mumu if you can't tell sarcasm when you see one don't ever qoute me again..
Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by Nobody: 12:45am On Jan 10, 2015
shachris03:
I need thoughts from my aba people. I do not want this thread to die.

Albeit I hate to discuss politics, I must admit your solemn call for diverging views on this issue got to me.

Personally, Abia has been unfortunate to have the wrong men as governors for the past 16 years. Men who did a great disservice to democracy, men who governed without a manifesto and men who never faced a geniune opposition.

Before you place the whole blame on PDP, I'd love to remind you that the people of Abia has had a sheer contribution to their own woes. They were brainwashed and bribed into believing that devil can save.

Even when shove came to push, the men who should have spoken for the state were nowhere to be found.

IMO, Abia's plight all boils down to misrepresentation and misplaced priorities.

Even if Abians are to vote out PDP, how sure are we APGA or APC wouldn't have a Hitler of a candidate waiting to assume office?

So the credibility of whom you're voting for is the most important thing not the party he/she is with.

I've embraced political apathy to the point that I hate to discuss it, but I couldn't just overlook this.

1 Like

Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by samibode(m): 12:52am On Jan 10, 2015
Alleinad:
Christians please don't be careless in your vote. A vote for APC is a vote for Islamizing of Nigeria. A vote for PDP is a vote for freedom of worship. vote GEJ.

Bros am sorry but u no get sense u ave been brainwashed by religion from the back. So i should for freedom of worship in suffering well i dont blive my own God plan for me na to worship dey cry ok. Dubai is an Islamic country but if them offer u visa u go run before u open ur eye go there. U see where u are funny two christians abe ruled for combined 14 years out of 16 in denocracy we are still crying for change you are now coming to tell me to vote for worship. See infact inasmuch as i know its only dumbos that blive a man can force religion on a country of 170million people but even if he wants to i dont mind am ready to meet my maker as long as i did that clamoring for a better future for my children God sef will recognise me as a matyer. Abi u no wan go heaven with free ticket? Hypocrite. Just one question pls how Christ like are u sef? Funny nigerians only una follow religion pass only una suffer pass.smh

1 Like

Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by BaddieKay(f): 1:11am On Jan 10, 2015
A sensible igbo person will never prefer GMB ahead of GEJ. person hardly exchange argument with other tribes without the person calling you a third class citizen. Today, if not for anything GEJ in one way or the other gave igbos some sense of belonging.
My take on Abia state is, we should vote out PDP in Abia and vote massively for GEJ despite hes shortcomings.

[/quote]Pls what sense of belonging are you really talking about?Cause he calls himself "Ebele"

1 Like

Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by samibode(m): 1:25am On Jan 10, 2015
These are the questions we will be asking President Goodluck how well he tackled barefaced corruption in the last six years of his government. They would want to know what happened to the $3 million Farouk Lawal bribery scandal, the $6.8 billion petroleum subsidy scam, the N60 billion police pension scam, the Oduah N225 million car scandal, the N10 billion Allison Madueke's jet scandal, N10 billion laundered by Lamido, Jigawa State Goveror, and the missing $20 billion from the federation account.

They will certainly ask questions about the abducted Chibok girls who remain missing to date, the NNPC scam, the $9 million and $5 million arms deals, the petroleum pump price hike, the devaluation of Naira, the oil theft, the power outages, the skyrocketed PHCN bills, the National Assembly tragedy, the cold-blooded killings by Boko Haram insurgents in the North, the N75 billion Abuja CCTV that was stollen, the suppression of personal freedom, the depravities of civil rights, and the massacre and slaughtering of schoolchildren in the North.

The questions would continue about the Haliru Mohammed £1 million bribe, the $1.1 billion Malabu bribe scandal, the $180 million Halliburton scandal, the $32 billion ill-equipped defence, the $713 billion Nigerian Port Authority fraud, the Bart Nnaji PHCN scandal, Dame Patience Jonathan dollar laundry scandal, the former President Olusegun Obasanjo latest allegation of $55 billion mismanaged, the youth employment fiasco, and more. If all these are missing pls wat will be left for us or our children gejs friends are becoming billionaires we are requesting for cooking stoves. Come see wat pdp officials children are doing in uk and dubai gej is not our friend he knows his friends and dey are being rewarded for our by our sweat.

Isn't it shameful that over 6 million youths paid N1,000 to chase less than 5,000 jobs in a single department across the country? The same blood-soaked racket raked over N6 billion for the Nigeria Immigration Service, which they claimed was meant for the consulting firm. Ironically, the Interrior Minister, Abba Moro, who supervised the tragic trampling underfoot of the Nigerian youths, is still holding on tenaciously to his ministerial position. That just shows he is not afraid of us he knows all he needs to do is dangle another emotional story for us before election and we will vote again for sentiment. We dont want him to feel bad or cry how many of our tears did he wipe and how much more tears and dissapointment did he cause lets show politicians we blive in our vote and dey cant keep toying with us. If the nrw guy comes in and doesn't do well we vote him out again en mass till we get the right one.

Nigerians dont vote for sentiments even a 2 year old child knows we need change we definitely can't continue like this our children will not forgive us we have a duty to clamour for a better future. Vote wisely my naija!!!!

1 Like

Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by Nobody: 2:08am On Jan 10, 2015
9jaIhail:

I was reading and was enjoying your writeup until i detected Buharism in you. Listen young man/woman, I am not an Aba brought up but as a confirm nwa afo, every little investment i own today are in aba and owerri. We all feels the pains but do not blame GEJ for the bad leadership in abia because we have a Governor who have served nearly 8yrs in office without achieving anything. It doesn't make sense when you allow your frustration to blind your sense of reasoning. A sensible igbo person will never prefer GMB ahead of GEJ. Igbo people that are supporting GMB are either for their personal gain or party interest. Inasmuch as GEJ failed igbos and other Nigerians in so many areas, i can assure you that igbo interest cannot be better serve under GMB than GEJ. Can we be reasonable enough and not use our hands and fetch an infested fire wood and you know what the consequences will be.

How do we forgot things so easily. Sometimes i feel like to ask, are igbos the most silly and confused creature in the whole universe. How suddenly did we forget our past experiences? How we have been treated by the past presidents and military head of states in Nigeria GMB inclusive until GEJ came on board. Even here in NL, you as an igbo person hardly exchange argument with other tribes without the person calling you a third class citizen. Today, if not for anything GEJ in one way or the other gave igbos some sense of belonging.
My take on Abia state is, we should vote out PDP in Abia and vote massively for GEJ despite hes shortcomings.

if u vote based on sentiments and based on hasty generalization I think u shud know this... the current amnesty programme being enjoyed by ex-militants in the southsouth was started by a Northerner, agencies like NDDC was also started by a Northerner... was it not from this north dat southerners say they re selfish and care only on how to become president so they can rule everyone... nobody knows tomorrow. that your enemy way u think say for poison u fit be d one way go run go bring help when armed robbers come your house.
Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by Nobody: 2:10am On Jan 10, 2015
if u know d kind of money Nigeria has, u wud know dat Gej hasn't done anything and pdp is sth that shudnt been kicked out of Nigeria, but shud be mobbed out of Nigeria for ruining us since 1999 till date.
Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by Nobody: 2:27am On Jan 10, 2015
I'm from Aba, confirmed nwa Aba, son of the soil.
PDP led state govt have failed us.
But something must be clear here, the top businessmen I know says GEJ hasn't failed them, it may have been in terms of infrasture he failed, but no FED Govt that I know have done anything tangible for SE.
In Igbo land and especially in Aba, trade is the utmost interest of the people here, GEJ they said has made their business easy, I am not a business man myself, but that is popular opinion, go to main markets and ask.
And 99% of everyone here is happy with Innoson and other companies like Ibeto that came back on during GEJ's tenure.

I have some APC die-hards who I know that chose the party cus of Rochas, but none of them has agreed to vote for Buhari, they see it as betrayal, that is what is on ground.
They are willing to vote our PDP in state, but when it comes to Presidency, no hard choice, GEJ is their choice. Am talking about APC followers here.

GEJ didn't fail us, T.A failed us, Look at Anambra, Enugu and neighbouring Akwa Ibom and IMO, they didn't wait for FG to rescue them, their state govt did.
NdiIgbo is known for having mind of being independent, and u can see that is why they don't see FG projects as be it and end it.

PDP is gone in state level, but for FG, Buhari has no chance here.

I have my PVC. If I will vote, I know where to vote, not GMB

4 Likes

Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by taayourty(m): 4:12am On Jan 10, 2015
I stay in Aba, but I laugh at my ibo brothers who are very tribal on issues, they believe every Nigerian is against them not knowing they are always blind to see that light and reason right. Come to Aba and u will not see the presence of any form of govt either local, state of fed. yet they will still vote based on sentiment. For once let them knw u are wise!
Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by ernecy(m): 4:30am On Jan 10, 2015
Orikinla:
[size=18pt]Tribal bigotry still controls the majority of Igbos.
They will vote for the devil if he contests as an Igbo man.[/size]
u are a certified mumu!!! Go back to ur history book!!! Olodo

1 Like

Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by Atk1nson(m): 5:12am On Jan 10, 2015
Orikinla:
[size=18pt]Tribal bigotry still controls the majority of Igbos.
They will vote for the devil if he contests as an Igbo man.[/size]
Going through this thread, I see why though being industrious, Igbos are barely represented in national politics.
Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by Sibabasibaba1: 5:54am On Jan 10, 2015
I grew up in Aba in its glory days. I was born there and I lived there for 22 years until I left for my NYSC. OP, I do not know how old you are. But if you were up to seven years when Buhari sacked Mbakwe as the governor of the old Imo State and brought Ike Nwachukwu to superintend over us, you would know that it was that day that the rot, in not just Aba but in the whole of the old Imo.

Hold Buhari responsible. He derailed our march ti glory.

2 Likes

Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by techie(m): 6:03am On Jan 10, 2015
I haven't posted in Nairaland.com in like forever but I just have to comment on this. The average Aba resident will vote for Alex Otti. TA Orji and his cohorts have bastardised and terrorised Abia State.

People live in fear of assassination from his demonic killer son and are afraid to criticise him in umuahia. TAs regime was characterised by gross ineptitude and he further wants to foist via pdp an unknown pawn whose highest achievement was to be ASEPA chairman.

If you have visited Aba you will have seen and smelt the dirt as evidence if his incompetence and of course he did not build a sustainable structure which are attributes of a good leader.

The pulse of Abians is clear vote Alex Otti for governor and vote gej for President. Most igbos who speak of voting gmb do not reside here and do not understand the reasoning of the people. During the last election even the party agents for #gmb's party supported pdp.

That being said I personally would rather have a President who from his antecedents is inept and corrupt than have one who from his antecedents is tribalistic, sadistic with no respect for rule of law.

We should never forget our past in the heat of fervor of the elections google to see the sins committed by both candidates and decide which you rather live with and vote accordingly gej and gmb are both advanved in age and are highly unlikely to change their ways.

Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by Nobody: 6:32am On Jan 10, 2015
Atk1nson:

Going through this thread, I see why though being industrious, Igbos are barely represented in national politics.

Lol barely represented? Okonjo-iweala,Allison madueke, we control the most important portfolios ode
Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by Atk1nson(m): 6:50am On Jan 10, 2015
chukwudi44:

Lol barely represented? Okonjo-iweala,Allison madueke, we control the most important portfolios ode
u shuld be smart enof to raise a point without name calling. Either way, those are ministers, they don't have a political career at the 'centre'. Once they loose their portfolios, they become irrelevant

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photos: Sule Lamido Returns To Nigeria / Akwa Ibom Government Reduces Minimum Wage / Ikpeazu Inspects Newly Renovated Michael Okpara Auditorium, Umuahia (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.