Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,432 members, 7,781,261 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:25 AM

How Often Do You Say "I Love You" In The Family?? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Often Do You Say "I Love You" In The Family?? (11820 Views)

My Wife’s Mother Would Say I Should Not Kill Her Daughter With Sex / Husband Complains That His Wife Always Purchase Food Outside For The Family / Why Male Education Is Better Than Female Education In The Family? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Often Do You Say "I Love You" In The Family?? by notoriousbabe: 3:20pm On Jan 10, 2015
Qristeana:
I will definitely incorcate it in my childred
abeg o,no incorcate dis in your childred o grin
Re: How Often Do You Say "I Love You" In The Family?? by lonelydora: 3:25pm On Jan 10, 2015
O boy! My wife dey complain say I no dey tell her and our baby I love them again. So many things on my head shaa.
Re: How Often Do You Say "I Love You" In The Family?? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jan 10, 2015
Ishilove:

Lol. Same thing in my family. We love each other to pieces but we don't use the 'L' word at home.

However, it's my younger brother who is now doing by fire by force 'I love you' for mischievous purposes. When he calls, he ends the call with 'I love you' because he knows we will be too embarassed to respond. The day I dared him and responded 'I love you too' he laughed in embarassment and quickly hung up. Since then, he dares not tell me he loves me to my face. grin

When he tells my mum 'I love you' she answers with ''common get out''. cheesy cheesy That's not to say she doesn't love us. She can give her life for her children, and the feeling is mutual. smiley

The fact is Nigerian parents are not expressive, especially our parents' generation. They express their love in different ways, ways which we have come to recognise and appreciate, so we do not see the need to vocalise it. A dad who sells his car to sponsor your education, or a mum who sells her jewellery to buy you that dress you've been pining for doesn't need to tell you they love you; their action says it more clearly than words could ever express.

As for me I've vowed to be very expressive to my children. It's difficult but I must learn it. smiley

Lol your brother is very funny my kid sister say it only when she want to remind me of something she asked for that way she would sound too cute to be ignored
Re: How Often Do You Say "I Love You" In The Family?? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jan 10, 2015
1 million likes for OP...mind you, I rarely click on the like button. smiley
Re: How Often Do You Say "I Love You" In The Family?? by Sweatlock(m): 3:27pm On Jan 10, 2015
I say like a man need breath more lol

Re: How Often Do You Say "I Love You" In The Family?? by Ranchhoddas: 3:34pm On Jan 10, 2015
It has never happened.For ajepako house? But this does not mean that there is no love in the house.There is probably more love in the home than all these oyibo homes.

2 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Say "I Love You" In The Family?? by Gyal96(f): 3:49pm On Jan 10, 2015
I really cannot bring myself to say the L word to ANYONE. Not even to Jesus! But don't get me wrong I love my God, my family and my friends.
Re: How Often Do You Say "I Love You" In The Family?? by egesie(m): 3:51pm On Jan 10, 2015
Mehn..I was brought up in a family where a male showing that level of emotion and softness is seen as weakness. #TeamMilitaryFamily
Re: How Often Do You Say "I Love You" In The Family?? by paragwua: 3:57pm On Jan 10, 2015
it is always better to support your own.....
lets make the Glo network the best in
Africa... download the Glo unlimited song
by Paul hero.... it is one of the best songs
ever in the history of music making .....A
pure soulful chants and vocals that will
touch your heart... you cant help it but TO
fall in love with the Glo network.make it
viral ... send it to friends. offer links for
downloads ....lets promote our own.... one
Nigeria...it is about oneness .. those in
charge front page Abeg.....YOU can port
right now... Artist
contact..paulheromusic@gmail.com ..Glo
unlimited ....http://
www.datafilehost.com/d/a36dc0f9
Re: How Often Do You Say "I Love You" In The Family?? by samuelmag: 4:14pm On Jan 10, 2015
When my kid sis 1st said does d L word 2 me it was a bit awkward but afterwards I think I am comftable with the word around ma sibblings.this a good reminder that I need 2 say it more to them cos I love them with My heartbeat.ma mum is late but if she was alive will gladly say dat to her,sayn it 2 my dad well I can do dat dnt knw hw he will react to it but I knw he will apreciet it. Anyways!

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Say "I Love You" In The Family?? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jan 10, 2015
beelon1020:
Me too, my dad is like a little god in my whole family even to the extended ones.. The boys just dont really like going around him but we love him like crazy but who dares say it to him. grin

Exactly!!!
His face only is scaring....i fear dat man o

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Say "I Love You" In The Family?? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jan 10, 2015
biggeorge700:
work on it pls. And make your mind up to instill it into your children even from birth
Tanx hon.

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Say "I Love You" In The Family?? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jan 10, 2015
1stola:

He knows you can be a VERY bad girl.
see ya eyes na grin
hehehe.......but am very innocent sha
Re: How Often Do You Say "I Love You" In The Family?? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jan 10, 2015
i can't really remember
Re: How Often Do You Say "I Love You" In The Family?? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jan 10, 2015
We already know we luv ourselves.
Re: How Often Do You Say "I Love You" In The Family?? by chigoizie7(m): 4:28pm On Jan 10, 2015
My point exactly. We all accepted that we love dem to bit without saying it out. I wonder why dis gal will always put up malice when the "I LOVE U" doesn't come often( its not as if she doesn't know I love her oooh,

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Say "I Love You" In The Family?? by KKImoh: 4:37pm On Jan 10, 2015
HAHAHA THEY DONT SAY IT .BUT THEIR ACTIONS DO
I LOV MY DAD AND MUM ALOT BUR I DNT KNW THE TIN DAT HOLDS ME FROM SAYING "I LOV U" TO THEM.
BUT WHEN I GET MY OWN FAMILY I WILL INDOCTRINATE DEM IN LOVE

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Say "I Love You" In The Family?? by tana4gud(f): 4:42pm On Jan 10, 2015
Hmmm I will be like 'I love u mummy/daddy'..... Lafs,wey I no be oyinbo.
But seriously actions speaks louder than voice.
I love my family scatter!!!
Re: How Often Do You Say "I Love You" In The Family?? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jan 10, 2015
saying "I love you" to family in nigeria is usually as difficult or should i say as impossible as your parents giving you sex education.
brother, this is Nigeria. na we we.... hehe

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Say "I Love You" In The Family?? by SavageGarden(m): 4:57pm On Jan 10, 2015
Nah! Never! It irritates me...na 9ja we dey. Goodness me who does that anyway angry
Re: How Often Do You Say "I Love You" In The Family?? by Freiburger(m): 4:58pm On Jan 10, 2015
Daily, yeah I mean daily...

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Say "I Love You" In The Family?? by zigger(m): 5:18pm On Jan 10, 2015
Nice the only time I've heard such thing in my family from anybody is d time my mom jokingly said it to my dad and his response was 'Oooooo'

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Say "I Love You" In The Family?? by AKMoney1(m): 5:31pm On Jan 10, 2015
Make I register my own quota ooo, imagine telling my elder sister I LOVE YOU in front of her husband. shocked shocked I no fit but she's indeed a beloved grin

Naija mentality dey worry most Nigerians families I swear, we are too shy when it comes to verbally love expression in the family. No wonder mummy and daddy inside the dark is the most adopted s.ex position for married couples grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Often Do You Say "I Love You" In The Family?? by veraiyke(m): 6:01pm On Jan 10, 2015
striktlymi:

Lol!

Blv m wen I say I do wholeheartedly
Do you tell her how much you love her too?

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Say "I Love You" In The Family?? by Oluabayomi1(m): 6:16pm On Jan 10, 2015
Nt frequently used in my family too while growing up bt nw dt I'm married,it's a must USE language. i normally end a call wt my wife wt I LUV U

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Say "I Love You" In The Family?? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jan 10, 2015
I've never heard dat word "ILY" from ♍Ɣ family especially ♍Ɣ parents & brothers..I've heard it few times from ♍Ɣ sisters when I was much younger. I've been using dah word on ♍Ɣ nieces & nephews...♍Ɣ future family W̶̲̅ιℓℓ get used to it.

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Say "I Love You" In The Family?? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jan 10, 2015
wink

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Say "I Love You" In The Family?? by BukkyDan(f): 6:35pm On Jan 10, 2015
zigger:
Nice the only time I've heard such thing in my family from anybody is d time my mom jokingly said it to my dad and his response was 'Oooooo'
This got me laughing like kilode...I can imagine ur facial expression when it happened. grin

At OP...same with my family o...The L word seems too heavy to flow out of our lips.
I could remember an incident... after watching too many movies...I hugged my mum one day and said I LOVE YOU MUM. the look on her face was shocked she managed a smile. I didn't give up, I said those those words to her again and asked if she loves me too.
Her reaction?
She reported me to my aunt and they both looked at me like I was planning to disappear 4rm this planet grin
Since then I gave up lipsrsealed
But I love them all to bits kiss
Titilailai my love for my family can never be quantified.

#sowie 4 d long story jawe

2 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Say "I Love You" In The Family?? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jan 10, 2015
BukkyDan:

This got me laughing like kilode...I can imagine ur facial expression when it happened. grin

At OP...same with my family o...The L word seems too heavy to flow out of our lips.
I could remember an incident... after watching too many movies...I hugged my mum one day and said I LOVE YOU MUM. the look on her face was shocked she managed a smile. I didn't give up, I said those those words to her again and asked if she loves me too.
Her reaction?
She reported me to my aunt and they both looked at me like I was planning to disappear 4rm this planet grin
Since then I gave up lipsrsealed
But I love them all to bits kiss
Titilailai my love for my family can never be quantified.

#sowie 4 d long story jawe

Lol!

Thanks for sharing!
Re: How Often Do You Say "I Love You" In The Family?? by ArtanK(m): 6:55pm On Jan 10, 2015
Not very often (especially to my father) but they know I love them.
Re: How Often Do You Say "I Love You" In The Family?? by Tiffarah(f): 7:01pm On Jan 10, 2015
Hahahaha... If I even tell my siblings "I miss you" they'll be like "Na body dey catch you abi?" I Love You Neh, I've never told them not even my parents.. Dnt think I'll ever be able to say those words to them. Funny enough it's easy to say I Love You to a significant other but not family. Mmmm

2 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Say "I Love You" In The Family?? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jan 10, 2015
hmmnmnnn...it's not really frequent in my family, although my younger brother, who's the last born do say it sometimes. Am very sure if I wake up to tell my mum that I love her....blablabla, she go dey think say I wan die ni, but I really love them and I hope they know.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Divorce: Family Denies Court Granted Custody Of Children To Prophet / Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria / Did You Have Sex With your Spouse Before Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.